No-one but Nate

By exoticmess

Three years ago I realized I'd fallen for my Brother's best friend. Only thing was I didn't know how to feel... More

Chapter 1- First Day of School
Chapter 2- All About Nate
Chapter 3- The New Guy
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Christmas Special
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue

Chapter 15

308 10 1
By exoticmess

Lisa’s POV

Today is the day I spill out everything I got to hide about Craig to my best friend, Ella and Nate –though I don’t even know why Nate is even here in the first place. I tell them everything, every detail from the beginning all the way til the end. “I don’t know where to start, so I assume you know about Craig and me hooking up. So I’ll start how I may have had a small crush on him in 7th grade –”

I turn to Nate then Ella, back to Nate. Nate is sitting comfortable, leaning forward, elbows on his knees, chin cupped in his hands –staring straight at Ella, Ella staring back at him. I can see a tint of pink start to appear on Ella’s cheeks. Once Ella realises how red she is, she turns back to me. They would be so cute together. I continue with my story not caring if they don’t listen, I just need to get this out of my head.

 “When Craig and Adrian had their fight that was when I realised Craig wasn’t the good guy I anticipated. So I knew I had to stop liking him for my sake –in case I got hurt.

-6 months earlier-

It was after school and I was taking Oscar (my younger brother) to the park. I was sitting on of the benches when Craig approached me. I got scared and was going to grab Oscar and run back home, but Craig grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

“I’m not going to hurt you. I just came to bring my brother to the park as well.” He points to a boy, who looks about the same age as Oscar.

I didn’t know what to do. My feelings towards Craig started to reappear. I needed to get out of there as soon as possible until things went the wrong way. I just nod and take ‘The Fault in our Stars’ out of my bag and start to read.

Hoping Craig would get the idea –I don’t want to talk– he has a total different idea –he starts to have a conversation with me.

“So, how are you today?” Craig asks. Well that’s a start.

“Fine.” I give him one word answers. Maybe this time he would back off.

“How old is your little brother?” He asks another question.

“Six.”

“Mine, too. Maybe they can be friends.” Somehow this doesn’t sound like the Craig I know from school. This is the Craig I liked back in 7th grade.

I look up from my book and watch Oscar running around with Craig’s brother. “What’s his name?” I ask him for the first time.

“Cory.”

“That’s a nice name.” I reply, not knowing what else to say. Since I can’t get out of our conversation, I close ‘The Fault in our Stars’ and put it back into my bag.

“Yeah, my mum thought of it before she passed away.” Craig says with sorrow.

What am I supposed to say? “Oh, I’m sorry for your loss.” That’s good enough right?

“It’s okay. It was a long time ago.” He pauses. “Well, I guess I better head off. Take Cory home.” Craig stands up and calls out Cory’s name.

Cory comes running towards his brother, Oscar following behind. “But I want to play with Oscar.” He’s my friend.” Cory is so cute; I can tell he gets his good looks from his older brother.

“You can play with him another time. Lisa is taking Oscar home now.” Craig bends down, so he’s no longer towering over Cory.

“But –”

Cory’s cut off by Craig, “No buts, young boy.”

I don’t like seeing little children sad, so I jump in, “it’s okay, Craig. You and Cory can come over.” Is this a good idea? Am I making a bad choice by inviting a school bully into my own home? Well, yolo –I guess. “They can play on Oscar’s trampoline and our swing set,” I bend down to Oscar, “and did I mention there’s also a there are dragons at the bottom of our slide?”

This makes Cory jump up and down, begging his brother if can come over. Eventually Craig agrees and we all walk to my place. By the way, there aren’t real dragons at the bottom of the slide –every time Cory plays on the slide, he would shout ‘Oh no, the dragons are going to get me.’ And quickly runs back up the slide.

*****

We make it to my place. Craig and I had minor conversations. Well, we didn’t really talk. The only time we would talk was when we’re screaming at our brother’s not to run on the road or run off.

I unlock the door, revealing the cold air-conditioning I left on before I left the house. I am so smart. Oscar drags Cory into the backyard to show off his toys and the slide with ‘dragons’. Now it’s just Craig and I. Yipee.

For the first 3 minutes, it’s heaps awkward and silence until, “You got a nice place.” Craig walks around the living room, admiring all the family photos hanged up on the wall and on the shelves. Some of those photos aren’t even updated; they’re like way back when I was in primary school. How embarrassing.

To pass time, I suggest we watch a movie. Craig wanted to watch ‘Catching Fire’ so I put it on. We sit on the couch, keeping a safe distance between us. Halfway through the movie, I realise I had math homework to finish. If I didn’t finish it, I would be in deep shit.

I quickly run to my room, which is only across the hallway –since I only live in a one storey house. I chuck my work book, textbook, pens, calculator, basically everything I need to finish this homework onto my bed. If I didn’t have a strict teacher –someone who would give me a detention for saying a word in class without permission –I wouldn’t even be doing this shit right now.

After a minute of struggling to finish the first question, there’s a knock on the door. “Come in.” I say, not taking my eyes off the sheet.

“What you up to?” It’s Craig.

“I’m just trying to finish this math homework. If I didn’t have Mr Grimshaw, I would not even bother to do this.”

The end of my bed begins to sink, meaning one thing –Craig is sitting on my bed. “I can help; I did get 97% in the half yearlies.” Show off.

I show him the question and in just seconds he’s already solved it. It took me not even 5 minutes to solve the easier questions. How can he do this to me? Craig continues to help me with my homework until I’m 100% done. I gather everything in a pile and put it back onto my desk.

I then realise I left my blue pen on my bed. I look around not being able to see it anywhere. Maybe it rolled off the bed. Going on all fours, I crawl around looking for it. Then I see it, lying in the middle of my room. Crawling closer to it and grabbing it, someone’s hand clutches mine. Looking up, I see Craig on his hands and knees as well.

We stayed like this for roughly 5 minutes. And that was when it happened. He leant in closer. I felt paralysed and couldn’t move away. I couldn’t take my eyes away from Craig’s stunning eyes. My eyes flickered from his right eye to his left, back to his right. Then bam it happened, we started to kiss.

None of us pulled away until there was a knock at my door. It was just Cory and Oscar asking for food.

When he was leaving to go home, we had a small talk, “Umm, about what happened earlier…” Craig started to talk.

“I know, it was a mistake, we are not to mention this again. I get it.” I interrupt.

He holds my shoulders, “it’s not that I didn’t enjoy it, I just think we should at least stay friends for now.” I give him a reassuring smile. “I don’t want your friends to hate me for kissing you, and since I’m known as the ‘school bully’ that’ll make it worse for your reputation.”

“They won’t mind.” I say. I close my eyes as he kisses my forehead. The opening my eyes, he’s gone.

­-Now-

“So you guys just kissed?” Ella asks.

“Yes.” Ella releases a sigh. “Wait, no. Yes.” How am I supposed to put this into words?

“Did you sleep with Craig, Lisa?” This time Nate is the one asking questions.

I nodded, “Honestly, yes. I have slept with him but not on that exact day. It was a different night.”

“Do tell.” Ella and Nate say in unison. I swear they are meant for each other.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 125 51
So here's the thing: I met this girl. I never expected to be this close to her. Eventually, she became my bestfriend. All I know is that when I'm a...
11.2K 429 24
Roxy pov Seemed like since I left him ive been running all my life. Now hes back and hes different....maybe I'm falling for him again. Will I get hur...
396K 11.3K 13
Rejecting a mate was a taboo but a male human mate couldn't make it any worse. As an Alpha, the strongest one to be exact, having a weak as a mate wi...
992 35 32
You've been bestfriends with Zach for a long time even though he was younger than you. One day he got drunk and you had to drive him home, that's whe...