Darkness Remains ( Vampire Ac...

By maggiesings24

31 in #vampireacademy - 28.06.18 My best friend is the Queen, My lover is an ex-Strigoi, My friends w... More

01 - Connection
02 - Next time, remind me to say NO
04 - Wait, are you serious right now?
05 - Deep thoughts
06 - Homecoming
07 - It isn't real.
08 - I'm okay
09 - There are still side affects
10 - Next destination
11 - It's my fault
12 - Why?
13 - Out of moves
14 - What more can I expect?
15 - Unhealthy relationship
16 - Safety first
17 - I have my reasons
18 - Buria
19 - Would you break my fall?
20 - Where are you?
21 - Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

03 - Just dreams

743 23 8
By maggiesings24

I woke up in a room full of people. My head was spinning, I don't know where I am. I don't know who these people are.

I got up and I was going towards them. They all started backing away and running. Was it something I said? What did I do? Why are they running away from me?

"No don't. Stay away. You don't want to do this." A voice yelled at me. A voice I very well know. I turned around only to be facing Dimitri, standing protectively in front of Lissa and Christian. "This isn't you. This is the monster inside of you."

I was going towards them without controlling my own body. "That's exactly what it is." A cold, soulless voice spoke that send shivers down my spine. Wait, that was my voice.

Slowly I got to him, feeling a smirk forming on my lips. "Oh comrade." I came to him and kissed his lips. He kisses me back and we are like that till my hands reach his neck and I felt a snap in my hands.

I broke his neck.

I broke my boyfriends neck.

I killed him. And a part of me liked it.

My heart sank into the pit of my stomach. I continued to Lissa and Christian. They were both begging me to stop, that it isn't me. One part of me feels like ripping their hearts out and the other screaming at myself to stop this.

I literally pushed my hand into Lissa's chest and took out her heart and Christian was the one who fought back.

"You've always been a monster. You were just hiding it. You betrayed all of us. I thought better of you Rose." I just simply came to him and smashed his head to the brick wall, cracking his skull.

Then I turned around looking at a mirror. Looking at the monster in front of me. My hands bloody, the shirt I was wearing, coloured in the blood of the people who I love the most. And my eyes...

My eyes were black. There was no white. The darkness took over them.

"Don't play the victim to circumstances you created." The girl in the mirror smirked and she screamed as the darkness took over everything.

"Rose!" I heard a voice call my name, bit I have a feeling it's not the first time. Opening my eyes and shooting up. I'm shaking like crazy, sobbing and sweating. Dimitri was the I've shaking me awake.

"Rose, don't worry. You're okay now." Am I? He pulled me into a hug and I laid my head on his chest still sobbing. He was okay. That was all that mattered. He's still here, with me. I didn't kill him. "It was just a dream. You're safe now Roza."

"God I love you." I muttered under my breath but I'm pretty sure he heard me. "I don't want to ever lose you."

"You won't, Roza. I won't leave you." I chuckled at that as I wiped my tears.

"Don't make promises you can't keep, comrade." He smiled a little as we got back to bed, but I couldn't sleep so I got up and changed in training clothes.

The gym was my destination. I got there and I was working out for more than 2 hours. My mind taking in everything that happened. The fortune, the nightmares, the things Rhonda said to me. Why am I torturing myself with this?

Everything she said was both confusing and also very understanding. It doesn't make any sense. I get it that it's something bad, but what is its meaning. What is going to come crashing down on me like a storm.

And then I thought of the nightmare I just had. Is it the darkness? Am I going to explode like Sonya said? Or is it something else? Is it some threat to Lissa? Or something that will be after her? And then the next confusing part. What did she meant when she said, "Don't play the victim to circumstances you created."

I was now punching the shit out of the punching bag. My thoughts all over the place. Why is it always so difficult?

I kicked the punching bag as hard as I could and then did a roundhouse kick.

The door of the gym creaked open as my hand reached for the stake in my pocket. I was about to tackle down the person when i saw who it was.

Eddie Castile.

Me and Eddie are really close friends, ever since Mason -my best friend- died we've grown closer. He's like a big brother to me. The brother I never had.

"Whoa. Don't kill me. I'm not Strigoi." He said between small laughs. I pulled him into a hug, I haven't seen him or heard from him in a month. Last time I saw him, he was headed to the academy. God, I miss those days. "How are you, Rose?"

I turned around to see the punching bad that was now all with scratched and holes from my hands. I pointed to it and turned to face Eddie again. "You tell me."

"Well that's not good and neither are your hands." He took one of my hands and that's when I realized that my hands were pretty badly beaten up. I pulled my hand and clutched it, making my knuckles go white. "Come on let's clean them up."

He took a cloth and we both sat on the ground, cross-legged. "So how is Jill? I heard you got assigned to her."

"It's good. She's a really big talker, but she's also sweet. You know how she is." I laughed remembering the first time I met her. She was just talking, not stopping, no matter if it was nonsense or it made any sense. She just talks. "But since she found out she's a Dragomir she's changed a little. She's not that happy any more, but then again she's still Jill."

We sat there in silence as he was cleaning up my wounds. Then I thought about what Rhonda said, Turn your face towards the sun and the shadows fall behind you. What shadows? Was it the people in my life? Was I the one who should just face the sun and the others to be the darkness? I can't think about this anymore. This is one of the reasons I didn't want to go back to Rhonda. "Do you think I ruined her life?"

"Hm?"

"Do you think I was the one that ruined her life by telling her that she's a Dragomir?" Sadness washed over me as I let out a breath I didn't knew I was holding.

"No. Why would you think that? You had to do anything to save Lissa, to save yourself. That was one of the risks." I let a sad smile corrupt on my face. He did too and then it turned to a smirk. "And besides, it's not like you slept with Lissa's dad and had a baby."

"Okay can we end this conversation." He laughed and nodded.

"Rose why are you here, anyway? You only come here when you're furious or when you want to stop thinking about something." Dang it. Why does he know me that good?

"I just wanted to train." I lied my ass off. Well kind of. I still wanted to train.

"Rose, I don't have to be Dimitri to tell that you're lying." I signed in defeat.

"Okay, I was at Rhonda's yesterday and she told me some things that no one understands, but when she came to the last card she was struggling. Like really bad. And then her eyes turned full black and she passed out." As I said that, Eddie's face changed. It was replaced with a worried one.

"What did she say?" I looked away as all the words that came out her mouth, repeated in my head. He asked me again, this time making me look at him. I don't want to lie to him, but I don't want him to worry. And this, is something to really worry about.

"Turn your face towards the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Don't play the victim to circumstances you created." He furrowed his brows together in confusion. Then thankfully we were interrupted by someone that came into the gym.

There standing was Dimitri, he came in rushing. He looked concerned.

"There you are." He let out a deep breath. Just looking at him makes me feel like I'm crazy. Why does he make me feel like this?

"Well good morning to you too, comrade." He smiled as I sarcastically smiled.

"Guardian Croft was asking for you." Okay, but why? Why would Hans want to see me? What if he makes me do more desk job. Good, even thinking about it makes me sick.

I nodded and got up following Dimitri. "Why the hell would he want to see me?"

"I have no idea. He just said to get you." He took my hand stopping me from entering Hans's office. I could read him like a open book. Concern, confusion, anger, love... fear. Was he afraid of what Rhonda said? "Rose if you need anything, you know you can tell me. We can figure it out together."

"Dimitri there's nothing I'm hiding from you." Well not nothing, there is that horrific dream that I just had. "And you know that you're the first person that I'd ask for help. I know this is about what happened yesterday, but I think that you know that I'm capable of taking care of myself."

"Yes, Roza. I know but I feel helpless when I want to help." He looked down at his feet but I raised his head and kissed him softly.

"You're the only one that's not helpless in this situation." I pulled away and kissed him on the cheek as I left heading to the office.

What did I do so Hans would call me?

"Guardian Hathaway." He greeted me with a smile using my title. It's kinda weird to hear him call me by my title, he never did that. Well at least he's in a good mood. That's a good sing, right? "How have you been?"

"Good."

"I guess you're wondering why would I call you?" Well that's exactly what I am wondering. "We are planning on making a elite team that is going to be on a mission for a week. We want to send the best guardians on the mission. The mission is to kill as many Strigoi as you can. Because they are getting stronger and stronger as every minute passes. We need you to lead them. Are you in?" He said it so calmly like it's nothing. What about Lissa, what about the Moroi without their guardians?

"Am I in?" I questioned him, he looked confused. "How the hell can I be in? What about Lissa, what about all the Moroi that are gonna be without guardians. Yes I understand that Strigoi are increasing, but damn, have you ever heard of side affects? What about all the things aside?"

He didn't blink. He was shocked by my outburst. But anyway he stayed calm and of course he had a good explanation. "Those who won't have guardians will be under guard by the seniors, they are going to have a test. And it's only a week. Rose they need a leader and you're the best choice."

"Wait so you're telling me that a senior will be guarding the Queen?"

"No, I'll replace you while the mission." I was dumbfounded. What do I do? I can't just leave Lissa. And then again this is for everyones safety. Then I spoke without thinking it through.

"Okay, I'm in." He replaced the disbelief with a smile. "And who's in this elite team?"

"Let me take you to them and meet them." He said leading me to the back room. And I was stunned by who I saw there.

Cliffhanger😜

So what do you guys think so far? Let me know in the comments and if you liked it, vote.

Who else wants another book of VA?

I know I do. 🙋

Love you guys.

Here are Zoey and Danila behind the scenes of Vampire Academy.

-M.H.🍩

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 3.5K 31
Rose has run away, - again - she couldn't handle Dimitri not loving her. Even after she gave everything to him. Her secrets, her heart, and even her...
9.1K 372 17
A/U. Dimitri awakened Rose that fateful night on the bridge in Novosibirsk, and the two have become the most feared Strigoi the world has seen. But u...
73.7K 1.7K 30
Dimitri Belikov was awakened against his will. He had turned into a Strigoi, a remorseless, blood thirsty Vampire. Moving to Siberia, he hopes to avo...
58.7K 1.1K 11
Amelia Hathaway. Older twin sister of Rosemary Hathaway (Rose). When Rose, Lissa, and her get back to the Academy, she goes to her favorite spot to a...