Find The Beauty Within: The P...

By simbala725

Sequel to Find The Beauty Within it's been a whole year since normani moved in with zendaya . they are still... More

We're Done
I Deserve It
The Guilt
Mistake ?
She Loves Me
Let The Games Begin
Confused
Officially Over Her
What The Fuck?
She Didn't Deserve It
The Birthday Party
The Proposal
I Love Her
We Need To Talk..
Author's Note
The Truth
I Love You
author's note

Why Her ?

1.4K 63 7
By simbala725

  "photography is the only language that can be understood anywhere in the world." -Bruno Barbey

Dinah pov

it's been a year since zendaya asked normani to move in with her . a whole year. it's hard for me because I'm watching my love live with her girlfriend . I put on a fake smile and tell her that I'm happy but at times I can't even tell if I'm lying . I'm so used to faking everything that it's suddenly something that I'm used to it . I can lie straight off the bat and have no hesitation . Lauren and Camila scold me for it but I don't care . I can't be genuine anymore . not after what I did to normani. I am more confident about myself than I was before because  normani helped me figure out that I shouldn't be insecure. that everyone has flaws whether it's their body or not .

I still can't believe that I let a beautiful talented woman like her slip away from my fingers . I kept pushing her away after she tried to fight . my insecurities are not an excuse . I blamed everything on my insecurities when in reality it was actually me that caused it . I went into the relationship knowing that I wouldn't be able to be with her . I led her on. I was the one that destroyed her . she didn't deserve that . she deserved pure happiness and I'm glad she's getting it with Zendaya . she's treating her well and that's all I could ever ask for . normani doesn't deserve to be treated like how I did . that wasn't cool and I admit that I made a mistake .

for the past year, I have been trying my best to move on like she did but I can't . I won't . I love normani and I can't accept the fact that I need to move on. my brain and my heart don't want to do it just yet because maybe there's a chance .

"you know for someone that is in love with normani, you don't even attempt to make a move." Camila asked, leaning against my doorframe.

"what do you expect me to do ? she loves zendaya and I can see that . I can see how happy she makes her and how zendaya makes her happy. she's being a family to them and I won't ruin their happiness for my own selfish needs . they both need it ."

"you also need happiness Dinah . you can't just stay in the house like before . you have to get out and meet new people . be more confident about yourself . you'll find someone but if you don't then you don't . it's not a big deal. all Lauren and I want is you to be happy and yes , I know it hurts watching the one you love being with someone that looks lovingly at her . it's something you're not used to and you'll end up getting used to it that your feelings for her will stop."

"I don't want my feelings for her to go away. I want her Camila , it's just I don't know what to do. she has a family and yeah , they're just dating but to my eyes, I see more than that . I see an actual family . I never had a family until you guys came along . you were the ones that helped me in my troubled days . if it wasn't for you and Lauren, I wouldn't be here . I probably already killed myself because the pressure was too much for me to handle ."

"you need to stop . like I hate when you get like this . I need you to be the strong , independent , confident woman we know you are. you put a smile on your face and you walk tall . don't let what anyone says tear you down . you just be you and anyone that has a problem can answer to me or Lauren ."

"okay." I said , genuinely smiling at her before hugging her .

when we broke the hug , there was a ring echoing through the house , indicating someone was at the house . Camila mirrored the exact expression I had on my face: confusion . who exactly was here and why ? Lauren was out doing some shopping with ally . mani was hanging out with zendaya so who could it be ?

"let's go check it together ?" Camila asked, unsure .

I nodded my head and followed her down the stairs . we didn't have a little peephole on our door so we actually had to open the door to see who the person is . my hand shook as I reached for the door knob . Camila put her hand over mine and told me that she could do it but I shook my head and put my hand on the door knob . the person standing before me completely and utterly shocked me . I was not expecting it to be her . she was supposed to be with someone else . she wasn't supposed to be standing here right now with me .

why did it have to be her ? what was the point in this ? I ended up slamming the door in her face and broke down crying . Camila held me in her arms and tried to make me feel better . I didn't know what to do . my heart was hurting and seeing that person before me made it break ever more . why am I such a mess ?

A/N : guys I'm really sorry that it's short but I've been stuck on this chapter . I also didn't want simba to help me because she has other books to work on and I'd feel like a bother . but I hope this was good and that you enjoyed the first chapter of our second book . there's more angst and hurt to come but I promise that if you stay with us then you will love the ending of what's about to come . I'm not going to spoil too much but I love you guys and we appreciate everyone reading , voting and commenting on our first book .
      -Jesselle aka nala

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55K 2.3K 18
Normani Kordei Hamilton has a hatred for Dinah Jane Hansen. there is no explanation on why she hates Dinah besides that Normani reminds Dinah every s...
154K 4.7K 42
"I feel lost."
2.2K 83 12
What happens when Normani starts falling for her girlfriend's best friend? What happens when Dinah returns those feelings for her best friend's girl...
715 74 10
After a healthy few years of marriage, Dinah and Camila's relationship spiral downhill over a huge fight that not many people ever saw coming. They t...