Myth War | Book II

By Gamedays

●●●This is the Sequel to Myth High. You must read that first to understand this book.●●● 《■■■■》 "In a dar... More

Note
Cast List
Playlist
Part I
Prologue I
Prologue II
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Part II
Prologue III
Prologue IV
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Part III
Prologue V
Prologue VI
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Part IV
Prologue VII
Prologue VIII
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Part V
Prologue IX
Prologue X
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Five Fact Thingy
Monster Hunter Society
Social
Important Message

Chapter V

85 2 0
By Gamedays

Chapter V

"Those who don't believe in Magic will never find it."

-Roald Dahl

My life began on February 27, 1998. My father had met my mother while investigating a werewolf pack up in Washington. When my mother saw my father, she instantly fell in love, knowing in her heart this was her mate.

My father, not being able to resist the werewolf female in the pack, frequently visited.

Eventually, the two fell in love and got married.

My mother wasn't welcomed into the Monster Hunter community, but they tolerated the marriage because they understood they were soulmates.

However, there was no happy ending for this couple.

On the day of their son's birth, an attack happened. The woman had just given birth to her son when the pack attacked. The man hide his newborn child away and called for the Monster Hunters to save them.

The man and woman fought for their lives, but both were killed.

The baby, however, managed to be hidden away from the wolves. When the Monster Hunters found the child, he had a soft glow to him.

They knew what he was immediately.

They took the child to the main headquarters and raised him. At age five he met an older boy named Garroth Mills.

At first, Garroth resented the little child, because he knew exactly what he was. He thought he was a freak. However, when his mother taught him not to judge people, he began to talk with him.

Over time, Garroth realized how incredibly awesome and awe inspiring this little boy was, and the pair became inseparable. Even after Garroth pushed himself down the stairs multiple times during his mischievous phase.

Once the boy was old enough, he was told the truth about himself.

He was a halfling. Half Monster Hunter, or Nephilim, and half Werewolf. He learned the truth about his family.

Garroth began to notice a decline in the boy's emotional state after this. He began to blame himself for the death of his parents, and began to question his very existence when he learned what his werewolf side gave him.

Garroth managed to help the boy through, but he became reclusive and quiet, often barely speaking.

One day, when the boy was around ten, a young girl came up and began to talk to him. The boy, not wanting to be rude, talked with her.

Garroth, meanwhile, spoke with her older cousin, Darrin. The four of them became good friends.

Eventually, the boy began to fall for Megan, the girl. Darrin noticed this and warned him off of her. The boy believed she was his mate, and new they were meant to be.

When the boy was thirteen, Megan's family was killed in a hunt. She moved in with her uncle and Darrin, but became upset and depressed throughout the year.

The boy knew what it was like to be upset and to question your existence, so he tried to help her through it. Eventually Megan began to heal.

Soon, it was their first hunt. They were both fifteen, and they'd be going with Garroth and Darrin. Their job was to eradicate a nest of vampires who were threatening the existence of a human village nearby.

After they got rid of the vampires, they rested, all of them pretty tired.

The boy had been checking out the nest when he saw Megan begin to freak out. She ran towards him. As he was about to ask her what was wrong, something hit his leg. The boy's leg snapped at the knee, and he hit the ground, tears rolling out of his eyes. He ended up blocking out from the pain.

When he woke up, Megan was in a coma next to him in the hospital. The boy was released a week later, his leg in a cast. However, his welcome was not good.

He was blamed for everything. He was blamed for Megan getting injured and bullied constantly. One incident really scarred him, as it sent him to the hospital once again.

After he got out of the hospital, his mind was made up.

He would kill himself.

He didn't want to have a quick death, so hanging himself was out of the way.

He didn't want people to wonder how he died or get blamed for killing him, so poison was out of the way.

He didn't like the feeling of being suffocated, so chose not to go down that route.

Instead, he decided to cut himself. Everywhere.

He cut his chest, his stomach, his arms, his legs, his feet, everywhere.

The boy laid in the bathroom, waiting to bleed away into nothing.

When he was almost dead, Garroth found him. His friend immediately got him to the hospital, and he was saved from death.

He got multiple stitches and was covered in bandages. Many people began to realize the effect that their words had on him.

The boy, broken and lost, was able to see that death was not the answer. As much as he wanted to feel the payment for his actions, he was surrounded by a small group of people who cared for him.

And he accepted that.

Darrin, knowing that the boy shouldn't be blamed for his cousin's comatose state, began to speak with him again, even if secretly he disliked him.

Garroth didn't let the boy out of his sight at any time. He was always worried he might flip the switch and turn off his light.

A year later the boy and Garroth were back in the field. They were busy slaying zombies in Louisiana when they got notice of a human family moving into a monster town.

They were sent up, knowing one of the family members were a Monster Hunter. The Silver family was a legend amongst the Monster Hunter community, mainly for the Assassin they had unknowingly born.

Caleb Silver was the stealthiest assassin that the Monster Hunters had, and for big jobs that required stealth, he was the one to call.

He started training when he was seven and discovered how agile he was. By age nine he was discovered by the Monster Hunter community and brought into their ranks. By age eleven he was practicing different killing techniques, and age thirteen he was sent on his first mission.

Caleb was glad some others had come, as he had noticed tons of demonic activity in the town, known as Points Brooke. Caleb explained how demonic activity in Washington and other places near volcanoes and other natural hotspots was not abnormal, but Washington towns had never had this much before.

Caleb then went on to explain how he was a Monster Hunter. His mother was an Angel. However, he and his younger sister, Andrea, did not share the same mother. Andrea's mother has demonic blood ties, making Andrea, one of the rare born throughout the centuries important to the demonic community.

He said that Andrea's blood type was the only one that could free Lucifer from Hell.

Of course, the boy and Garroth were uneasy about this. How could they handle something this big when their own Hell had just been a year ago?

However, they agreed to help. And then, everything went down.

After returning from Hell, the boy's mind was plagued with Him. He had nightmares, and he constantly hurt himself in his sleep and tore the walls up around him.

The boy had strange emotional changes with one simple look or smell.

It was all because of what his wolf is.

Or who, rather.

Fenrir. The Norse wolf deity. He's a some of Loki, and is supposed to kill Odin during Ragnorak.

He is possessing the boy. He is his wolf. The boy can't shift, or he'll risk Fenrir taking control completely.

During the times he is forced to shift, he is locked away until his time is up. It happens every few months, but only because he doesn't shift that often.

Now, after Hell, Fenrir is threatening to come out. And he is slowly eating away at the boy's resolve, and might break out any second.

****

Oh, how dramatic I am.

What an ending to my story.

They were all looking at me. Some looked pitiful (fudge those guys, I'm cool), some looked terrified (same, man), and others looked sad, or even upset (eh, you can use that emotion somewhere else dudes).

I saw Garroth, Caleb, and Darrin shuffle nervously. They didn't know how far I had slipped. Truth was, I had slipped way farther.

"Shut up, kid. We haven't slipped that far."

Yep. That's Fenrir. In my head. Talking.

I was close to losing it everyday now.

It happened a day after I told Andrea, and he would never shut up. It sucks.

"You know I can hear what you are saying, right?" He growled out.

I rolled my eyes. "So yeah, that's that." Ignore that asshole.

"Hey-!"

"Timothy, is that all true?" Fai asked, a sad look present on her face.

I nodded. "Why would I lie?"

"You are lying."

I frowned. I just had to ignore him.

Garroth furrowed his brow. He was obviously wondering why I looked like that. I gave him a reassuring smile and then turned back to the supernatural.

"Why did you suddenly switch into third person?" Troy asked.

"That's what you are asking about?" Leyna asked, glaring at him.

Troy blushed, saying nothing.

Oh, sweet sweet lovebirds.

"They are pretty cute together. I ship them." Fenrir said, slightly excited.

He wasn't that bad, I guess. Sometimes he was tolerable.

"Is- is Tim warming up to me? Wow! I thought this day would never come!"

Sarcastic butthole.

I'd learned over time that he could sometimes hear my thoughts, but only when I didn't want him to, it seems. And he only responds to me when I speak, or if he deems my thought 'worthy'. He's critical.

"You're possessed by Fenrir?" Aristide asked.

I nodded. "I am."

"Not possessed, more like...accompanied."

Michal looked pretty annoyed. "Why would you have him, though. You're only part werewolf."

I shrugged. "Only he knows, and I don't know anything about him except what the Monster Hunters told me, so I can't answer that, Michal."

I had tried asking Fenrir that the first time we met, but he was adamant about not sharing it. Maybe one day he'd tell me.

Garroth walked towards me. "You okay, Tim? You seem distracted."

"I'm fine, Garroth. Let me be, please."

Fenrir scoffed. "Relax, Tim. I'm sure that Professor X won't hurt us. I'm more worried about Mister Human Torch over there. Oh, and Doctor Strange/Spider-man dude. Don't like either of them."

He was talking about the other Monster Hunters. Joy. Darrin was obviously Human Torch for his fire Elemental abilities, and I guess Caleb was the hybrid. I could kind of see that. Magic, chains, increased physical abilities. Yeah, not too far off.

All I wanted to know was how he knew all that.

Garroth nodded, stepping back. I saw Andrea give me a small smile. "It's alright, Timothy. We'll support you."

"Maybe she could help support us in b-"

"Thank you, Andrea." I said a bit loudly to drown out the freaking idiot in my head. "I appreciate it."

Andrea gave me another small smile before looking down at her lap.

Darrin sighed. "So, are you all done with the questions?"

"No, we have tons more." Zoe said, nodding.

However, they were cut off by Darrin's Monster Hunter phone thingy. Darrin took it out and answered it.

He was frozen for a few moments before he spoke again. "Yes. I am related to her."

I stiffened. Megan? Was she alright?

Darrin's eyes widened. "Of course, we'll be right over."

He shut off his phone before looking to us. "Come on, I'll explain in the car. Think you can make it, Tim?"

"Yes." I grunted, standing up. Caleb immediately came to help me. I gave him a thankful smile before being led out of the house.

We were going to go see Megan.

I just didn't know if it was good or bad.

****

So there is a basic rundown of Timothy's life!

How'd you all like it?

And, Fenrir is speaking now?

What? Who could have ever have predicted that?

Anyways, Tom Holland plays Fenrir. He'll be even more prominent in the third book, so no worries there.

Yes, I know he's not Norwegian, but I still think he fits how I see Fenrir.

I also am putting that here because I'd didn't want any spoilers.

I'll see you all later!

--Paige

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.2K 9.1K 92
[BUNDLE] BOOK 1: There's a reason buried things should always stay buried. For better or for worse. To have and to hold a demon for eternity. She say...
21.7K 622 8
An angelic halfling, thrown into a brutal war - not her own. Can she survive, can humanity? Angels or Hellion, Sky hates them both, hell, she even ha...
32.3K 2.4K 89
Highest Ranking: #42 in Fantasy (Nov 2019),#65 in Paranormal (Feb 2018)....God has sent watchers, a powerful set of warrior angels, to earth to track...
13.8K 666 60
BOOK TWO. READ THE VALE BEFORE THE TRANSFERENCE Name: Camille 'Cami' Stark Photo attached Wanted DEAD $700,000,000 reward. Last year I found out my...