My Favorite Mistake (1D / H.S...

By Mama_Mofo_

I'm Sam...Just don't call me Samantha. I feel the need to share all my favorites. I've got five of them, to b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Author's Note
My Favorite First (Zayn Malik)

Chapter 10

409 13 2
By Mama_Mofo_

My senior year is flying by. Homecoming has come and gone. I'm not going to go into too much detail. I wasn't elected to homecoming court or homecoming queen. I told you I wasn't one of the popular kids and this isn't some cliche Cinderella story. My mom didn't hesitate to let me know that if I was more girlie and lost some weight, I would have made Homecoming court. This is my life...my real life. Yes, Zayn and I went to the dance and had a fantastic time.

Volleyball season has come to an end. We finished the season having as many losses as we did wins. I did get most valuable player this year. I know, being proud of getting most valuable player and being captain of a mediocre team isn't exactly the coolest thing but I'll take it.

I did pay Trent back his brownies and lost a couple more bets with him. Honestly, I like the attention he gives me. So, I prolong paying up on my losses sometimes. He makes me laugh and is fun to talk trash with. I don't think he'd be doing it if I didn't have a catch...those brownies.

It's December and winter formal is right around the corner. I need to find a dress so Zayn can know what he's matching. He looks so good all dressed up. Who am I kidding?! He looks good in anything!

I recently applied for a job working the register and answering phones at a local motorcycle dealership. I had an interview yesterday. It would be nice to pick up some extra cash and stay busy while Zayn is working. Plus, it would keep me away from home and my mom who tends to suck the happiness out of a room by just entering it...and that's before she even opens her mouth to spit some sort of degrading comment. Man! That woman is so miserable and apparently, her misery loves company. I never want to be like her when I am her age.

I'm at the mall with my friend, Heather. Lisa graduated last year and is at college in Ohio. We still talk and I miss her so much. Heather is a lot of fun but she's always grounded so it makes hanging out with her outside of school a chore.

We take our handful of dresses into the dressing rooms and begin trying them on just as my phone goes off indicating a text. It's from Zayn.

"Did you find a dress yet or shall we just show up naked?"

"Ewwww! No way!!! I'm trying some on right now." I respond.

"Come on! Naked would be fun."

"Naked isn't formal. :P It's not happening!"

"How about after the dance?"

"Maybe. ;) Now, let me find a dress."

"You haven't found one yet? What have you been doing all this time?"

"Responding to you. :P" I smile and put the phone down.

Two minutes pass and my phone goes off again. It's Zayn.

"How about now?"

I giggle to myself in the dressing room and respond with "How about I quit shopping for dresses and shop for some patience for you? Apparently, you need that more than I need a dress!!! :P"

"Ha! Only if it's on sale. I can't wait to see what you pick out. I'll text you when I get off of work tonight. See you tomorrow. I love you."

"I love you, too" I text back and put my phone back down.

"Sam! Let me see what yours looks like!" Heather hollers from the dressing room next door to me.

We step out of our rooms. She looks stunning. She's one of those girls who looks good in absolutely everything. She's pretty with a great figure. I look like the frumpy sidekick next to her.

"Oh my God! THAT is the dress!!!" Heather says to me.

"Look who's talking! That dress was made for you! Bitch!" I say only half kidding about the bitch part. I wish I could look that good in anything I put on. She could show up to school in a potato sack and look amazing.

I put the dress on hold. I still need my mom's approval before she will buy it for me. I'm crossing my fingers that her mood is fair to good or else it's back to the drawing board.

* * * *

I convince my mom to go back to the mall right away. I try on the dress for her. It is a black knee length dress that is slightly form fitting on top but loser on the bottom. The bottom has as design in red. I love the color contrast and surprisingly, my mom approves. Yes!

We rush home so I can get dinner started. I found a wok tucked away in the cupboard and I wanted to give it a try. Harry has agreed to be my guinea pig. If it sucks, we're ordering pizza.

Harry's POV

I ring the doorbell and Sam answers the door. How she talked me into this Chinese food experiment, I'll never know. At least she promised to order pizza if it doesn't turn out.

Her parents are in the living room watching tv with her little sister. I greet them as we pass through to the kitchen.

I sit on a stool at the breakfast bar as Sam continues to cut vegetables.

"How was work?" She asks without looking up.

"Ok" I shrug. "Erin and Laura stopped by just as I was leaving."

Sam stops cutting and looks at me in disgust. "I'm not a fan of them."

"Neither am I." I chuckle at her reaction.

"Really?! You seemed awfully cozy with them at the party." She raises an eyebrow and points her knife at me while smirking.

"If my memory serves me right, you abandoned me and threw me to those wolves. They are obnoxious! I was merely being polite."

Sam rolls her eyes and resumes cutting.

"Did you get a dress?" I ask quickly changing the subject.

"Yes! Do you want to see it?!" She quickly asks, washes her hands, and runs out of the kitchen.

At least we're off the Erin and Laura subject. I sip my apple juice. I notice her coming around the corner and stop...Holy shit!...I spit my juice back into my cup and I know my eyes are about to pop out of my head.

"Hold it together, Harry." I tell myself. "Don't make your reaction obvious."

I keep the cup to my mouth. She wasn't even looking up because she was too busy looking down and smoothing it out. She looks absolutely stunning. She looks up at me for approval.

"That looks nice. I like the colors." I reassure her.

She smiles and walks off to take it off. Nice?! All I could say was "nice"?! Ugh! I just wish for five minutes she could see how beautiful she is through my eyes.

Sam comes waltzing in changed back into her jeans and a sweatshirt. She finishes prepping the food and starts the wok. I help her throw in all the ingredients in layers as she keeps the stir fry moving. When it appears to be done, she plates it and hands it over. It smells really good and tastes even better. Looks like pizza for dinner another night.

We talk about this girl I'm starting to date, Stacy. She's my date to the dance. Sweet girl. Really pretty. I have a class with her. I'd like to date her exclusively but I don't want to scare her off just yet. Sam says I drag my heels too much and I should just ask her already. I don't want to appear too eager.

The evening is winding down and I should head home.

"Thank you for not killing me tonight." I say to her with smile. Hey! She told me to cut the formal bullshit!

"Thank you for being my guinea pig." She smiles back with that little nose crinkle. She gives me a hug and I walk down the pathway to the Camero my stepdad and I were working on.

I look up at the clear sky and admire the stars. This was a nice night.

* * * *

I find myself walking with Trent to my next class. He's not so bad, just a serious smartass.

"Is Sam still seeing that douche bag?" He asks me. "I'm sorry, dude, I know you guys are friends and all but he was a arrogant jerk when I met him."

"You're entitled to your opinion. And yes they are."

Since Zayn found out Sam and I go to the same school, he's asked me to keep an eye on her..not to protect her but to make sure she doesn't cheat on him. I've developed a friendship with her. Spying for him isn't on my agenda. Oh, the irony!

"Sam refuses to date anyone from the school after the whole Josh ordeal. That asshole kinda ruined it for the rest of us." Trent proceeds to fill in some blanks for me that he didn't know I had.

"Josh ordeal?"

"Yea. Josh Devine and her were really close friends, or so they kept saying. Next thing you know, they're dating. After a few months, she broke it off with him...or so we all assume. He was a bitter fucker and made her life miserable for months after. We all told him to get over it. So, he started dating Jessica, the one girl in this school that cannot stand Sam. No one knows why Jessica hates her so much. Best thing ever was when I brought up their relationship to Sam when it first started. She said, 'If Jessica wants my sloppy seconds, then all the more power to her.'. "

"That sounds like Sam." I chuckled. I give him a head nod and we head to our classes.

Huh. Now those blanks that were filled in created so many more that I'd love to just sit and ask Sam about but she'd probably think I was a creeper wanting to know so much about her. I can't help it. She has got to be the most interesting girl I've ever met.

Later that night, my phone indicates I have a text from Sam.

"I got the job!!! :D"

This girl and her damn smilies.

"Congrats!" I respond. This should be fun. My stepdad has now taken on rebuilding a Harely-Davidson. He's going to need parts from the very place she will be working. Should I tell her?...No! It'll be a surprise.

A/N Thank you so much for reading! I'll try to keep updating every day. I'd love of hear what you think so far. You can either comment and/or vote here or follow me on twitter @Mama_Mofo_ .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 157 53
One day, five guys, two best friends and one ridiculous plan. [Revised and re-uploaded] All Rights Reserved to weightlesswishes, 2012 ©
190K 1.3K 33
Imagines about your(and my) favorite boys!
10.1K 309 34
Love stories aren't always perfect... - (Contains lots of swears and stuff) {plus I wrote this forever ago so it probably has tons of errors}
West Pub By Tessa

Fanfiction

411 2 8