How Did I Fall in Love With Y...

Autorstwa tala_S

Rachael Simpson is in love with her best friend of 15 years, Jason Sharp . She has kept it a secret until she... Więcej

How Did I Fall in Love With You ?
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four (the surprise)
A letter from Jason To Rachael..
Chapter Twenty Five ( Graduation )
Epilogue

Chapter Seventeen

49.2K 917 49
Autorstwa tala_S

{You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with}

_____________________________________________________________________

(Jason’s P.O.V)

I opened my eyes and immediately  felt like there were hammers in my head. I eased myself of the couch, and stretched out the cramps from my shoulder. I felt sick to my stomach, my mouth was so dry and I felt like shit. I made my way to the kitchen; I stopped short when I saw Lauren at the counter eating some cereal and a cup of coffee in front of her. She looked up with a smile on her face.

“Hey it’s the incredible Hulk.” She  teased.

“Hey…” I couldn’t even mange to say that, I tried to clear my throat but it didn’t help. I just waved a hand at her and opened one of the drawers. I tookout  2 aspirin pills and drank them with some water. Maybe it to could ease the pain a bit. I took the seat next to her; and she felled a cup of coffee for me.

“Thanks.” I rasped out. 

“So how did you sleep?” she raised a hand and brushed my hair, but quickly retrieved it.

“Ok I guess, but right now I seriously just want to crawl under something and die.”

“Cheer up, you’ll feel better soon.” She gave me a small smile, and went back to eating. I downed my coffee and started to get up. I needed a shower and a change of clothes, but her hand grabbed mine and I turned around.

“Jason we need to talk.” Crap that’s never good.

“Yeah, sure. What’s up?” I took my seat again and turned around to face her. She was playing with her spoon making circleing motions with her cereal.

“I’m going to ask you something and I want you to be honest with me.” she looked over, and I just nodded.

“Do you love Rachael?” she held my gaze.

“Of course she’s my friend.” I stated.

“I mean do you love her more than a friend? And please answer honestly.”

“I..t.. I don’t know.” I didn’t see that coming.

Oh god! Am I in love with Rachael? As if she was a bloody mind reader.

“I think you do know, but for some reason you’re in denial about it.” Why is she smiling? That means that I don’t love her.

“And how do you know that I love her?” I really wanted to know because I was completely at a loss with my feelings.

“From the moment I met you, you wouldn’t shut up about her. Then when we hung out you would keep glancing at her. And yesterday just proved how much you cared for her, I mean you were going to kill that guy. It was obvious to everyone around that you love her.” She placed her hand on mine. “And she loves you, too.” I was completely at a loss for words.

Was it that obvious? How didn’t I notice that before? Could it be that simple I loved Rachael?

It wasn’t a question anymore: I loved Rachael. The idea brought a smile to my face; I couldn’t contain the joy I felt at that moment. It’s when I realized Lauren was still there, looking at me.

“Lauren I’m so sorry.” And I really was, she was a great person.

“It’s fine really. I’m just glad you found your princess in time.” She got up gave me a hug and whispered in my ear. “Don’t blow it Jay.” she winked at me and left.

I just sat that marveling at the idea, of me and Rachael. I had to call Luke; I still needed to apologize to her for yesterday. I pulled out my phone and realized I still needed to change.

*Jason: hey man need your help. Be here in 15 mins.*

*Luke: is everything ok?*

*Jason: I’ll tell you when you get here.*

*Luke: fine, see ya.*

20 minutes later

I was showered and dressed when I heard a knock n the door. Luke was standing there with the most annoyed expression. I probably desterbed his Sunday time with Emma. He walked in and headed for the living-room.

“Jay, I swear if you don’t have a good reason for me being here. I’m going to kill you.” With that he floped down on the couch and crossed his arms on his chest. I just grinned at him and stated .

“I’m in love with Rachael.” He looked a little shocked, but regained his comuser.

“Took you long enough.” He was also grinning at me now. “when did you realize it?”

“When Lauren told me.” I sat next to him on the couch.

“Wait Lauren told you, that you’re in love with Rachael.” 

“Yup.” I said Popping the “P”.

“Wow that is one cool Ex. So what are gonna do about it?” he looked at me curiously.

“First, I have to apologize to her for yesterday. Second, I’m thinking I should do one of those big gestures. You know flowers everywhere, music and candles. What do you think?” I mean Luke was a master at these things by now.

“Well done grass hopper, sounds good.”

“Thank you master, are you ready to go. I have an idea on how to get her to forgive me.”

“Lead the way my friend.”  He gestures with his hand for me to precede him.

We headed out to start getting our plan in motion, all the while thinking that from now own life is going to be better with Rachael by my side.

(Rachael’s P.O.V)

I was lounging on the couch watching a FRIENDS rerun episode, when the doorbell rang. I opened it to find Emma standing there in her pink sweats on; she just walked in and headed to my kitchen without saying a word to me. I looked at her and looked outside. Weird she’s usually with Luke on Sundays, and then it occurred to me that that’s why she was pretty mad right now.

She and Luke had a routine that every Sunday they would have breakfast, watch cartoons all day until lunch, then they would have a picnic in the park and at night they would watch a movie.

I followed her to the kitchen and I saw her already eating my rocky road ice cream at the table.

“Hey honey you ok?” I asked as I took the seat beside her.

“I’m gonna kill Jason. He knows he can’t mess with my Sunday.” Wow he was an idiot, nobody not even Emma’s parents, would mess with her day with Luke.

“What did he do?”  I was curious to see what he needed from Luke that was that important to ruin their Sunday ritual.

“He texted Luke to come over his place, that he needed him ASAP.” She said that sarcastically.  That gotta me worried. I know I’m angry at him, but still I don’t want him to be hurt or something.

“Is he ok?” Emma heard the concern in my voice.

“Yeah, he’s fine. Just a guy thing.” She reassured me before turning back to her ice-cream.

“You know we could watch some spongebob if you want?” trying to make her feel better, by being Luke’s replacement for a while.

“You do realize that I don’t really watch cartoon’s when I’m with Luke right.” She winked at me as she got up and headed to the living-room.

“Fine, we can watch FRIENDS.” We both just hung out all day, watching TV and talking about random stuff; none of us talked about last night.

 She was still upset all day until she got a text from Luke, after that she was grinning at me, and acting all weird. I asked her what was up and she said nothing.

Finally at 4 o’clock I heard a knock on the door, and when I opened it I came face to face with a hug pink bear that had “I’m Beary Sorry.” on the front. Someone was carrying it and slowly put it down. So I was face to face with Jason now.

Oh god I missed him.

“Hey.” He said as he smiled at me.

“Hi.” Ok don’t give into him, you’re angry at him remember that.

“Rachael I’m so  sorry about what I did yesterday. I was as ass, and you’re right I had no right to do what I did. I don’t know what came over me, and I already apologized to Taylor for what I did to him. And now I want to apologize to you. Please say you’ll forgive me. I promise I won’t do it again I swear.” He said that speech in one breath, I just looked at him, at his eyes. And I couldn’t stay mad at him anymore.

“Fine, I’ll forgive you. But only if you carry that bear to my room.” He grined at me before he giving me a hug.

“I missed you.” He whispered in my ear and a shiver ran through me.

“I missed you, too.” I whispered back. And I noticed Luke standing behind him with a smirk on his face. I pulled away from the hug and moved to the side to let them in, Jason carried the bear to my room. While Luke went over to sit by Emma, he was whispering something to her and she just kept saying “shut up” or “no way”.

“Hey guys do you mind telling me what’s going on?” I took a seat on the love couch opposite theirs.

“It’s nothing.” Luke assured me. Before I had a chance to persist them to tell me what’s going on, Jason came in, he took the seat beside me and put his arm around my shoulder.

“Why don’t we watch a movie?” this came from Emma. She got up and searched for something to watch from the shelves. I turn to Jason maybe he knows what’s going on with them.

“Hey, what’s up with them?” he was smiling at me in a weird way.

“Nothing.” So they all know something and they won’t tell me.

“Found it.” Emma squealed as she popped in a DVD and resumed her seat. She put on “the notebook” one of my favorite movies. I snuggled up to Jason and ignored the weird looks Emma and Luke keep giving me.

The rest of the day we just hung out the four of us like old times, but what was weird is that Jason never once called Lauren or even texted her. Of course I didn’t mind at all that I was getting all his attention, it felt nice to have him to myself for the day.

________________________________________________________________________

VOTE IF YOU THINK LAUREN IS A COOL EX :P 

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

156 17 6
For several years, Chelsea Ward has always followed her friends everywhere and been quick to aide in anything they needed. The close friends have loo...
1.9M 44.2K 22
NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON KINDLE AND IBOOKS! ---------------------- Meet Jason Henderson. A 21 year old hopeless romantic. Playing with girls hearts ju...
12.2K 1.1K 37
Jason gets a terrible heartbreak in the past and is not sure if he can fall in love again, but then a girl who is also confused about love due to so...
286 118 9
Rachael is just 16 and she's going through somewhat depression with loneliness and no friends, until Jake comes into her life. Follow Rachael on her...