Older Hiccup x reader- moment...

By clarinetgirl301

Hiccup x reader oneshots More

Please send requests!
Not the Only Hiccup in Town
Not the Only Hiccup in Town Part Two
Fight
Happy anniversary
Words like knifes and words like roses part 1
Words like knifes and words like roses: part 2
Words like knifes and words like roses part 3
They're wrong
A healed relationship
Too late part 1
Happy snoggletog!
I was tagged
Dragon lady
Question & A/n
One last talk
Hey guys
Not sure what exactly this is
Time to vote!
The votes are in!
Wow I guess you really are that ticklish
I'm not okay
Sh...You're safe now
I never meant to hurt you
A/n - younow
Drunken confessions
New story!
live
DAPGO
Going live once again
Cynthia Special (Part 1)
Special authors note
For Forever
A/n - Important Information!

I can't sleep without you here

5K 99 17
By clarinetgirl301

Alright guys, next up in line is starter #1 - I can't sleep without you here

This will be a modern oneshot

Disclaimer - I don't own anything. You belong to yourself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't sleep without you here."

"I'm sorry, love, but you know I can't just get up and leave my house at this time of night. Mom would kill me." Yoy hear him say through the speaker of the phone.

You bite your lip, and look around the room for something that could convince him to come. You look down at what you were wearing, and then look back up.

"Please? I'm wearing that tank top you really like!" You say.

"(Y/n)." You hear him say, a mix of scolding and sympathy in his voice.

You sigh, "I'm sorry, I just-" You pause, taking a calming breath, "After last month, I just-"

"Hey, it's okay, love, i'm just at my house. I'm perfectly fine, and you will see me bright and early tomorrow." He cuts you off gently.

"Promise?" You ask, biting your finger nails.

"Promse." He says, making a small smile break out onto your face.

"Okay..." You say quietly, looking down at your lap.

"I'm sorry, love, but I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow." You hear him say.

"Okay." You say again, sadness clear in your tone.

"Hey, I love you. You know that right?"

You nod slightly, "Yeah, I know. I love you too. Goodnight." You say.

"Goodnight milady."

You hang up, and place the phone down. You hug your knees to your chest, getting under the covers as you do.

You tried desperately to fall asleep, but your mind was racing with memories of what happened the last time you had actually had a normal night's sleep.

*flashback*

"Help!"

"Someone call 911!"

You groaned, your eyes slowly opening to reveal many blurry figures crowding around you.

You felt like you were underwater, your hearing extremely fuzzy sounding.

You let out a cough as you notice the smoke around you, and glance around to see you were sitting right in the middle of a wreck.

Your eyes widen as it all came rushing back.

"So, what song next?"

"Oh, I don't know. You have any Jonsi songs?"

"You know I do, which- HICCUP LOOK OUT!"

You gasp, and look around. You weakly get to your knees, moving around parts of the car that might be blocking him from sight.

You push a piece back, and you see him. You choke on a gasp, staring at the auburn haired boy who laid before you, unconcsious.

"Hiccup! No no no, don't you dare do this!" You cry, your own voice sounding like it was above water while you were stuck under.

You brush his hair out of his face, "Hiccup, please! Please wake up, you can't do this to me! I need you! Please!" You sob.

You feel hands grab your shoulders, and you start to panic as they drag you away from Hiccup.

"No! Let me go! Hiccup! Please let me go, I can't leave him!" You cry, struggling to get out of the grip of whoever was holding you back.

"Hiccup!"

You gasp as you shoot up, looking around the area. You realize it was your room, and you let out a sob of relief as you know what had happened was a dream. Hiccup was okay.

You jump as you hear the phone ring.

You look over to your clock to see it was 3:37 in the morning. Who would be calling at this time?

You hear your mother answer it, and after a minute, hear her gasp.

You start to feel a sickening feeling grow in your stomach, and you start to stand up.

Your door opens, stopping you. You see your mother standing there, a panicked look on her face.

"Get your shoes on, Hiccup was just in a wreck." She says.

You stare at her in shock, and she quickly walks away to get her own things.

You feel tears weld in your eyes before you fall back on your bed, letting out a loud sob.

*end flashback*

You shiver at the horrid memory, and bury your face into your pillow. Hiccup had ended up being okay, but you were still incredibly scared that it would happen again.

You hated going to sleep without having Hiccup with you in some way. You knew he couldn't always come over, and to be quite frank, you didn't want him anywhere near a car ever again, but you wouldn't stop him if he offered.

Instead of him coming over, you woulf stay on the phone with him until you fell asleep. At least that way you fall asleep listening to his voice, but even then you still had nightmares.

Your mother knew of all of this, and she started to fear you would never stop doing this to get to sleep. So she and Hiccup's mother talked it over, and decided that Hiccup would have his phone kept somewhere secret after 10pm, which meant he couldn't talk till you fell asleep anymore.

You hated this rule because it meant you would have even worse nightmares. At least when you had him talking to you as you fell asleep, your nightmares weren't awful.

You lay there, too scared to fall asleep in fear of another nightmare. After a while, however, your eyes did close, and you managed to fall asleep.

Before you knew it, you were waking up again in tears. You hold your head, just wishing the dreams would end. This nightmare was almost the same as the other carwreck one, but it was even worse because you didn't even get a chance to find Hiccup before you were pulled away.

You narrow your eyes, and sit up.

You grab your phone, put on some shoes, and walk over to your window, grabbing your keys as you did. You open the window, and glance at your door before climbing out, and jumping to the ground.

You walk over to the car, and get in, starting the engine. You back out of your driveway, and start driving towards Hiccup's house.

You had to make sure that he was okay. You had to be certain, and since he didn't have his phone, this was the only way.

You stop at a stoplight, and tap your fingers on the steering wheel nervously.

Just as the light turns green, and you inch your car forward. You glance at the other road just to see a car speeding towards the now red light.

You barely have time to blink before your world goes dark.

<time skip>

You slowly open your eyes, and groan as a light blinds you.

(Y/n), you're okay, just relax, you're okay."

You close your eyes again till the light seems to go away. You force your eyes open a little more, and you see Hiccup sitting by your bedside.

"H-Hiccup...?" You manage to get out.

"Oh, (y/n), love, thank goodness you're okay. I was so worried about you."

You start to sit up, but a sharp pain runs through your body, making your head spin.

"Hey, take it easy." Hiccup says, gently pushing you back down.

You look up at him, "What happened?" You ask quietly.

"You don't remember?" He asks.

You shake your head silently. Hiccup frowns, and gently grabs your hand. You look down at your hands, before looking back up at him, raising an eyebrow.

"You were in a car wreck, (y/n)..." He says quietly.

Your eyes widen as it all comes rushing back to you. The dream, the drive there, the collision. You bite your lip, looking down.

"The doctors said you were lucky to be alive, (y/n), what were you doing out there at that time of night?" Hiccup asks, looking at you in concern.

You sigh, "I-I had another bad dream, and I needed to make sure you were okay." You mumble.

Hiccup sighs, "(y/n), you scared me half to death. I had just had the worst dream and to wake up to hearing that you were hurt, I almost had a heart attack!"

You look up at him, your eyes widening slightly, "Wait, what?" You ask.

"What?" Hiccup asks, tilting his head.

"You had a nightmare?" You ask, tilting your head.

Hiccup sighs again, "Yes. I had a dream that you were hurt, and I woke up to hear you had gotten in a car wreck." He explains.

You smile faintly, "Now you know how it feels." You tease.

He chuckles, "Pretty awful. I don't think I could get back to sleep without you." He says, looking up at you.

You smile, "Well, i'm right here." You manage to scoot over slightly, and pat the spot next to you.

He smiles, and climbs up onto the bed next to you. You both lay down, and you curl up in his arms, hugging him around the middle.

Hiccup strokes your hair, and you both fall asleep in each others arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And here is starter #1! I hope you liked it! Sorry that it was kind of long, but hey, at least it's up!

See you guys later with the next starter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

632 21 21
Tommyinnit angsty and fluffy one-shots for the soul!
381K 7.6K 55
Just some Sherlock x Reader oneshots written by me!
1.3K 54 5
A collection of one shots for our beloved hotheaded dipshit
138K 1.7K 41
I absolutely love reading these so I thought I would write some myself. Requests are welcome.