A shoulder to lean on

By BlackWid0wX

Lindsey's going through a divorce while Stevie continues an unhealthy relationship. Warning: Adult situation... More

Part 1 - Karma
Part 2 - What you lost
Part 3 - Now it all makes sense
Part 4 - Child's play
Part 5 - Ball of fire
Part 6 - Rise and fall
Part 7 - Reciprocated
Part 8 - Rescue me
Part 9 - Please, don't give up
Part 10 - A very happy Father's day
Part 11 - I thought it was over
Part 12 - I'll take care of you
Part 13 - Take me away
Part 15 - Erotic paradise (Mature adult theme)
Part 16 - Separated
Part 17 - 48 hours
Part 18 - Safe
Part 19 - Abnormal behavior
Part 20 - Tonight and forever

Part 14 - Now we're getting somewhere

864 38 19
By BlackWid0wX

Last night had been entirely too rough on Stevie, that nightmare playing role, not even allowing her to enjoy the romantic candlelight dinner Lindsey suggested. She felt horrible for putting a damper on their evening, trying to make it up to him but Lindsey not feeling it, sensing she could not focus on anything but that awful nightmare. When he had tried to touch her, she was constantly looking around the room, incapable of falling in to the moment, clearly obsessed. It had Lindsey wondering if anything would get back to normal before their two weeks was up.

Rolling over on to the side that faced Lindsey, Stevie felt nothing but cold sheets, opening her eyes and seeing an empty bed. "Linds?" she piped up while reaching for her glasses on the nightstand. "Lindsey, where are you?" throwing the covers off her as she began to wander around, looking in the bathroom then heading in to the Living area. "Come on, Lindsey, this isn't funny - where are you?" holding herself as she searched for a note but finding nothing. She panicked. "Just calm down, Stevie, he couldn't have gone far - he couldn't have gone far!" chewing on her bottom lip then grabbing her cellphone, checking for messages then calling him, hearing the vibration of what was to be his own cellphone on the bar. "Oh, Jesus, why would he leave his phone?!" shaking as she debated calling security, tapping her long red nails against the bar.

Lindsey was only across the way at the resort, picking them up some breakfast, thinking that Stevie would sleep through his departure, coming back to the house with her crying in the middle of the kitchen floor. "Baby?" he questioned, tossing down the keys and bringing the bag of food to the bar, giving her his free hand as she took it willingly. "Honey? Honey, what?" as she snuggled him.

"I woke up and you were gone," teeth chattering. "I searched the whole house for you! I called your phone!"  pointing to it on the bar. "You should never leave your phone, Lindsey! And what about a note? Where did you go? I was so afraid that something had happened to you!"

"Stevie," taking her face with his left hand, "...you were so tired, baby, I thought you'd sleep right through my breakfast run. I'm sorry, sweetie, I won't do that again."

"No, I'm - I'm sorry," bringing her hands down to her sides, shaking them to calm herself. "That whole nightmare has just fvcked up my thinking."

He sighed, "Maybe we should go to a hotel where there's more people around. Would that make you more comfortable?"

"No, Linds, this is a beautiful little spot and I will be fine - just please don't leave me with out letting me know, okay?"

Nodding, he gave her lips a soft and tender kiss, opening the bag up that was filled with random breakfast foods. He had pancakes, bacon, muffins, and just about anything that she could choose from. They sat at the bar and began to munch, Stevie being awfully quiet, Lindsey just thinking it had to do with the time of day. This woman was not a morning person! "Listen, angel, you don't have to eat right now if you don't want to - I just wanted it to be here for you when you were ready."

Chewing on a pancake, she nodded, "I know but I want to be with you."

"I won't leave again, I promise."

"No, I honestly want to be with you."

"Well, I welcome your company. Anything you thought about doing today?" as he picked up a piece of bacon.

Shaking her head, Stevie just shrugged. "No, I have tons of brochures I snatched from the resort but haven't had a chance to look at them."

"We can do that together if you want, you know, after we finish here."

"I would like that."

"Good," smiling while he bit in to his bacon, snatching a blueberry muffin from the bag. "I saw out at the resort that there's going to be this Luau tonight, wasn't sure if you were interested in that."

"Sounds nice, I've enjoyed the ones that Mick put together at his restaurant. Let's try it."

Now he was getting somewhere with her, wiping a crumb of bread off her lips, giving her a wink as she smiled back. Stevie was always strong and independent and to see her become almost dependent on him to keep her at ease, well, it became a turn on. He'd always wanted her to be submissive but it always seemed to be the other way around, him being the one that needed her and though it was not a positive reason on why she was acting this way, he would accept it.

"Stevie," he began, "...I want you to know right now that I'm not going anywhere, that I will be there for you whenever you need me, and you're safe here. I would have never left for that ten minutes if I didn't believe with all my heart that you would be okay, that you wouldn't be safe, because you are. No one will ever touch you, harm you, or get close enough because I'm who they'll go through first - and before you laugh because of my injuries, baby, I would ignore every bit of my pain to make sure you wouldn't even break a nail! I love you so much and you are my lady, which I take great pride in, and you are forever protected by me."

His words had her in tears, dabbing her eyes with a napkin while she nodded, feeling like a fool. "I know, Linds, I know you would never let anyone hurt me."

"I wouldn't and I never will."

"I love you," reaching her hand over to place on to his, lacing their fingers together.

"And you know that I do, always have, and always will...love you."

After his little speech, Stevie began to return back to her normal bubbly self, watching her take her first cup of coffee to curl up on the sofa with her journal. Lindsey has seen her do this ritual since they were young, finding her just about anywhere in their household writing, knowing that young woman was still inside her. She was such a force, a catch for him, wanting to woo her forever. He was drawn to this woman for over fifty years and the candle he held for her, not even the strongest of winds could blow out.

"You're so beautiful," spoke Lindsey from the bar stool, having stared at her for far too long. "I want to give you everything, Stevie, everything. I'm going to take you shopping today, that's what we'll do, and you will pick out whatever your heart desires because you deserve it."

Pausing from her writing, she looked up at him over the rim of her glasses. "Shopping?  Lindsey, you hate shopping."

"I don't care, I just want you to be happy and enjoy yourself because we came here for a reason and you must enjoy yourself. It's not as if I can swim or do anything that I'd enjoy, though even if I could do those things, I would still want to put your priorities first."

"I'd like that, very much."

"Okay, go get yourself ready and I will arrange for someone to pick us up. Go on, baby, go," gesturing towards the bedroom as she placed down her journal and glasses, standing up to kiss him as he stood to receive the kiss, touching the side of her neck.

"I appreciate you," looking up in to his eyes, "...and I know that you're trying to get my mind off of my nightmare," squeezing his hand, "...it's very honorable."

"This time with you is important to me and being the man that is in love with you, I want to see you smiling."

With a nod of her head, she gave him another kiss, caressing the side of his face as she then headed for the bedroom to get ready for their day.

...An hour later, after Lindsey was already ready hours ago, Stevie stepped out in to the Living area with another sundress; it was red with yellow flowers. He grinned, loving her attire for this trip, seeing that Boho style bursting before his eyes. Forever his little gypsy. "Well, if that sure wasn't worth an hour for!" greeting her as she adjusted the white shawl around her shoulders. "You look amazing, Steph," fixing the crescent moon around her neck then kissing her. His affection was oozing from his bones but what woman didn't like being flattered?

"I'm sorry I took too long, I wanted to shower and make sure I had enough sunscreen on," reaching for her large black sunhat to place on her head, throwing her purse over her shoulder.

"Ah, I wouldn't take that."

"Why not?"

"Too many tourists and we definitely look like them! Give me your wallet and I'll stick it in my side pocket."

"But Linds, I need this stuff."

"Honey, you don't need your makeup."

"It's not just that; I have my hairbrush, my medicine, tissue, my fire phone, sunscreen -"

"Okay, okay, I get it - just hold on to it tight because I don't know if I could run after a mugger."

"I thought you told me that you would do anything for me?" putting him on the spot.

"You're right, I did," taking her by the arm then rolling his eyes to the side, she really got him on that one!

The car Lindsey called for, picked them up, taking them to an outdoor shopping area, Stevie already drooling at the mouth. He knew this would get her going, keep her mind off of that silly nightmare, wanting to keep her occupied with something positive. It was just hard to keep up with her! She went from table to table, purchasing almost one thing from each booth, Lindsey helping her with the bags but only able to carry so many with his ribs aching. There were so many things that Lindsey wasn't even sure what half of them were! Stevie having such a unique taste but he did dig the sea shell wind chime.

"OH, Linds, black pearls!" gasping as she walked passed a jeweler.

His eyes opened at the prices, not that he couldn't afford them, but Stevie was so willing to blow money at any exspense.

"These are so gorgeous," Stevie went on and on, the owner approaching as they started to chat, Lindsey growing bored. "Linds, did you hear that?" questioned Stevie as he spaced out.

"Hm? What's that, baby?"

"He said that I am worth a black pearl," popping her cheek out with her tongue.

"Oh, well of course you are. Who said you weren't?"

"No one but he thinks I'm beautiful."

"There's never a time when you're not, even when you're foaming at the mouth," kissing her on the cheek.

"This your lady?" the man asked in broken English.

"Hm? Yes, she is mine," loving how he was able to express that.

"Ohhh...you buy her best selection," holding up a finger as he took out a ring in the shape of a flower, the pearl sitting in the middle. "This perfect, this her," handing it to him. "Go, put on finger!" nodding enthusiastically as Lindsey gave in, putting down the bags he was holding.

Lindsey examined the ring and then looked to Stevie, her eyes meeting his as he reached for her left hand, softly caressing it. He thought for a moment, going through their turmoil, making eye contact with her again as he began to say something she was not expecting. "Will you marry me?"

"Wh-what?"  asked Stevie, the crowd around them growing quiet.

"Yeah, I think this is right, I want this... and I want you," getting down on to one knee as she placed a hand over her mouth. "I don't know how to explain this but it feels right, perfect, and right now I can't think of another moment in time that I want to go with out you saying yes. Will you, Stephanie, be my wife?"

Pictures were being snapped and neither of them cared, knowing that he was very much a single man again, the divorce so close to being finalized. There was nothing wrong about this, nothing that he shouldn't be allowed to do. Something told him that he had to do this and there was no way he'd let it pass. "Do you mean that?" she asked, gulping, tears running down her face.

"Steph, I am on one knee in front of hundreds of people - of course I mean it, baby."

Holding out her hand, she nodded, smiling through the happiest moment in her life. "Yes, God, yes!"

People cheered as he slid the black pearl on to her finger, congrats coming from people they didn't even know, the jeweler giving Lindsey the ring at no charge. It was hard for Lindsey to accept that, being that the price was over hundreds of dollars, but the kind gentleman did not mind; he found Lindsey's chivalry to be respected. He could tell by looking in to both of their eyes that they were truly in love and to him, no ring could compare to the price of that.

"I love you," Stevie said against his lips, "...and I am so happy right now," rubbing her nose with his.

"That's what I aim to do, forever and always, love you."

They stood with their foreheads touching for a few moments, chatting with a few people around them and then making their way back through the crowd. Lindsey had planned to ask for her hand when they got back to the states, not that they hadn't already spoken of this, but there was no ring to make it official. Now their was.

"You don't know what I'm feeling right now," spoke Stevie as she lugged her bags behind her.

"That your ribs are broken again?" making a joke as she smirked.

"No, silly man, I feel I'm seventeen again."

He stopped walking to smile down at her, seeing that she had streaks of tears on her face, knowing she was overwhelmed by his proposal. "Stevie, I would have done this years ago if I knew you'd accept. I tried so hard, so hard..."

"I know. Oh, baby, I know," resting her head against his chest. "I was such a bitch, such an egotistical  little bitch. All I wanted was my fame and music, I pushed you away, and you don't know how I regret that every moment of my life."

"Stevie, I want you every moment of my life..." glancing at a tattoo parlor across the way, an idea crossing his mind. "Would you get a tattoo with me?"

"W-what? You are joking, right?"  turning to look at the little building across the way.

"No, I'm not, let's do it."

"Are you insane? Are you overheating?  Let me feel your forehead!"

"No, baby, I'm not! Let's do something together, something outrageous! Come on!" bumping her with his good shoulder as he wandered off, Stevie grumbling as she followed. This was definitely not her style! She has never put ink to her skin and neither had Lindsey.

"Lindsey, really, this is..." shoulders slumping as she saw him already talking to the artist, "...crazy," piling her bags down on a chair and sliding up next to him.

"Is this her?" asked the younger man to Lindsey.

"Yes, this is the love of my life," kissing her on the forehead.

"Beautiful, very beautiful lady," shaking Stevie's hand as she blushed, thanking him.

"You have to excuse my fiancé here, he is on heavy pain killers. I've never once thought of getting a tattoo," said Stevie.

"It's never too late to try," smiled the man.

"Come on, angel, we'll put them in spots that only we can see."

"Linds," raising her eyebrows at him, starting to get nervous.

"Just something simple, maybe on your upper thigh," Lindsey bit his lip.

"Right, I'm just going to let this young..." looking at the attractive Tahitian man, "...man, tattoo my upper thigh..."

"I am very good with drawing in the lines," opening his hands.

"Let me talk to her alone for a second," Lindsey took Stevie's hand as he brought her towards the window. "Think about how hot it would be with the letter L tattooed on to your skin, right where I'd go down on you..." running his nose through her hair as he whispered in her ear.

"Lindsey, will you stop?" chuckling some. "What is having the letter L  on my upper thigh going to prove?"

"Don't you think it would be sexy to put our initials on each other where no one else can see? No one will know, ever...just us, and it doesn't even have to be big."

"I don't know, Lindsey, I've heard of people contracting HIV through tattoo needles."

"Steph, he has a board of health grade hanging on the wall! Do you think I'd actually go through with this if I thought I'd contract a virus?"

Fidgeting for a moment, Stevie stared out the window, "Fine, I'll do it."

"Really? I mean, really?"

"Yes, Lindsey, but hurry the hell up before I change my mind."

Almost skipping back to the artist, Lindsey told the man what they wanted, which was something quick and easy; a cursive L tattooed on Stevie's thigh with a cursive S on his. He made Stevie go first because he didn't want her to change her mind if she watched him get his done, Stevie feeling on edge as she was prepared, Lindsey holding her hand as she laid down on the table. "You're thrilling me, Stevie," whispering in her ear as she closed her eyes, finding it very strange to have a stranger groaping at her thigh.

Finally after the man stenciled in the L, he started the machine, Stevie flinching as the needle met her skin, chest rising and falling while Lindsey caressed the side of her head. She bit down on her lip to keep from whimpering, hoping it would be over soon, hearing the machine stop then feeling a gentle rub against the tattooed area. It was cleaned then covered with a bandage, the man giving Stevie a few moments to collect herself as she slowly sat up.

"So, how was it?" asked Lindsey. "It looks really cute on you."

"I can't believe I'm a sixty-eight year old woman with a tattoo."

He laughed, "Yeah, of my initial!" turned on by it, switching places with her as he was then prepped, Stevie being given a can of Soda to keep from fainting. She was complaining of being light headed and the tattoo artist had to explain how that was sometimes normal, especially if you haven't eaten; Stevie just finding a place to sit while Lindsey quickly received his S. He wasn't as strong when the needle hit his skin. "Holy sh1t, that hurts! Oh, fvck! Oh my God, Stevie, this hurts like a bitch!" complaining the whole time until it was done, Stevie in tears as she laughed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 663 18
Stephanie, to friends known as Stevie, is married to a busy man - a creative director at an advertising agency. She knows he loves her, but the time...
24.1K 1.2K 31
2016. Lindsey feels that he and Stevie drifted too far apart and he wants to change that. Does she?
19K 1K 27
A sequel to Why Not? Sadly, Stevie doesn't get to enjoy her new found happiness for long and who does she turn to?
13.3K 510 15
Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham decide that it's time they marry but the decision comes way too late Nothing in this story is fact, purely fictio...