Surviving the Life Dax (Smyth...

By 3dream_writer3

*sequel to My Ex-Best Friend: The Bad Boy, but can be read as a stand alone* *cover made by weird_liv* ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 | Final Chapter
Crossover!
Bonus Chapter: Stop. Don't Talk to Me.
BONUS CHAPTER: Family Gatherings
Sequel

Chapter 48

6.1K 388 128
By 3dream_writer3

Chapter 48

       I woke up to the smell of pancakes, but I was too lazy to get out of bed, especially because Isadora was still sleeping. Then again, I loved food and was starving, so I gently got out of bed and walked to the kitchen.

       Seb was at the stove, making pancakes. "Is there eggs, too?" I asked.

       "Nope," Seb said. "Just pancakes. I wanted to make eggs, but no, Artie didn't want eggs."

       "You know you could make eggs and not give her some, right?" I asked.

       "Nope," Seb said again. "Apparently, the smell is to nauseating for her. So she told me I can't make eggs."

       I sat down at the table. "You should make eggs anyway. Defy her. Be a rebel."

       "Yeah, I'd rather not," Seb said. "She'd probably kill me. I really can't wait for our daughter to be born and I'm actually tempted not to have any more kids if he other pregnancies are like this."

       "What makes you so sure you'll have more kids?" I asked. "Artemis seems pretty against it."

       Seb just sighed. "Her mood swings are such a pain. Oh, and speaking of pain, when you take the canoe at, be careful of those twerps."

       "I already told you that their canoe is flipping over this time," I said. "They're not winning this year."

       "They better not," Seb said. "I'm sick of those brats."

       "You and me both," I said.

       I heard feet shuffling to the kitchen and it turned out to be Artemis. I wouldn't be surprised if Isadora slept all day. I had yet another nightmare and she refused to fall asleep unless I did.

       Artemis sat down at the table, rubbing her eyes. "Seb, I want scrambled eggs," she whined.

       "You told me not to make scrambled eggs because of the smell," Seb said.

       "I can handle the smell now," Artemis said. "Please make me some."

       Seb sighed. "Sure." After he finished with the pancakes, he handed two on a plate to me and two to Artemis. The others he stacked on another plate as he started making eggs.

       However, shortly after the eggs were cooking, Artemis began gagging. "Seb, why are you making eggs?" she asked. "The smell is making me sick."

       "What?" Seb asked. "But you told me...." He stopped and turned off the stove. "You know what? I'm done. I am going for a very long walk outside and won't be back for a while." And just like that, he left.

       "What's his problem?" Artemis asked.

       "Probably his pregnant wife who doesn't know how to make up her mind or stop complaining," I said.

       Artemis glared at me. "I don't complain."

       I snorted. "Right."

       Isadora then came out of the bedroom, yawning as she rubbed her eyes. "Morning, Dax," she said.

       "Good morning," I said, kissing her cheek when she sat down. "Did you get enough sleep last night? Again, I'm sorry."

       "It's fine," she said. "And yes, I did get enough sleep. I probably fell asleep within a minute after you did."

       "Oh, okay, good," I said. "You hungry?"

       "Not really," she said, reaching for an apple in the fruit basket sitting on the center of the table. "I'll just eat this apple."

       "Hey, Isadora," Artemis said. "Do I complain a lot?"

       Isadora quickly took a bit out of the apple and pointed to her mouth, signalling she couldn't talk because of the food in it.

       Artemis scoffed. "I don't complain."

       "Artemis, you have been complaining about the smallest of things," I said. "I'm just surprised Seb was able to put up with you so far. He hasn't snapped yet."

       "That's because I don't complain," Artemis said. "And you're stupid for think I do."

       "Noted," I said, wanting to change the subject. There was no point of arguing with her. "I have a question. What would you say about me having water balloons while Izzy and I go canoeing? And if those brats come, what would you say about me throwing it at them?"

       "I would say you better get a head shot," Artemis said.

        "Sweet," I said as I finished eating. When Artemis finished, I washed her dishes for her along with mine. Skittles trotted into the kitchen, nudging me with his snout. He was only six months old, but he was already so big. I just couldn't wait to see how big he was when he was fully-grown. Then I could send him after Ty.

       I grabbed a dog treat from off the counter and handed it to him. He ate it happily before walking around the house.

       For the next three hours, Isadora and I watched two movies on Netflix. Seb came back from his very long walk an hour after he left. Artemis didn't even apologize to him, even though she didn't really do anything wrong except for her constant complaining.

       At twelve, I started filling up water balloons that I brought with me for....emergency purposes. After I had about a dozen, I put them in a small bucket and called Skittles over. When he came to me, I put on his dog-life jacket since he was going to come as well.

       Isadora and I got the canoe from the shed and set it near the lake. He both got our swimsuits on as well, just in case we were the ones to flip outside down. We better not be, though. We were going to win this.

       Seb and Artie were sitting on the dock with snacks. He told me they needed fresh air, even though he went for a walk, and he wanted to witness us pummeling those brats.

       Isadora and Skittles got in the canoe and I loaded the bucket with the water balloons before I pushed it in the water. I got in and told Isadora how to row with the paddle. We slowly made our way further in the lake, and she was getting the hang of paddling pretty fast.

       "This is fun," Isadora said. "And no signs of any other canoes yet."

       She spoke to soon. An obnoxious cheer soon came from a bit further away and I sighed when I looked there. There they were; three of the brats. Their names were Brendan, Tucker, and Tim. All annoying.

       When they got closer and saw us, they began to hoot and holler. "Oh, it's Daxton!" Tucker announced. "Hi, Daxton!"

       "And there's a girl with him!" Tim said. "She's hot!"

       That's it. If they got any closer, I was going to hit them with my paddle.

       "And there's a doggy!" Tim said. "What a cute little dog!"

       "Daxton, prepared to go overboard again?" Brendan asked.

       "Not this time," I said. "Can you just not be annoying brats for one day."

       "Nah man," Tim said. "So, who's your friend? Is she single, because I'd love to have that."

       "That?" Isadora asked. "That? So what, I'm an object and not a human being? Dax, babe, hand me one." 

       I knew what she was talking about, so I reached into the bucket and handed her a water balloon. Before any of those brats could react, she threw a water balloon right at Tim. And it hit him right in the face.

       "Head shot!" Isadora cheered, throwing her arms up in the air.

       Tim wiped the water from his face. "Water balloons. Very mature. Too bad you don't have these." The three each grabbed a water gun and squirted us with it, including Skittles, who barked and growled at them.

       That was it.

       It was one thing to mess with my girlfriend. But if you mess with my girlfriend and my dog, you weren't going to win this.

       I took of my life jacket, as well as the t-shirt I was wearing. Success had to come with sacrifices sometimes.

       Before anyone could do anything, I jumped in the water and swam underneath their canoe. Like I said, we were not going upside down this time. They were.

       I grabbed both sides and began rocking it before it finally tipped over, away from my canoe. I quickly swam back to mine before hopping on. "And that's how it's done," I said.

       "Nice one, Dax!" Seb called from the dock. I turned towards him and he gave me two-thumbs up.

       I looked back at Isadora. "We should probably paddle back before they go under our boat and tip it."

       We began paddling, but Tim was getting awfully close to our boat, so I did what I had to. 

       I hit him in the head with my paddle. "That was for calling by girlfriend a that."

       Isadora grabbed a water balloon and threw it at him. "And that's for squirting my boyfriend's dog."

       We started paddling faster and when we got close to the dock, Seb held out his hand. "Give me the water balloons," he said. I handed them the bucket and he set it on the deck, grabbing a few and standing up as he looked at those dweebs who were trying to paddle towards us. "Hey!" Seb called towards them. "You better back the fuck up before I hit you with these water balloons!"

       "We dare you!" Brendan said. "Bet you can't hit even one of us!"

       Seb threw three water balloons, two of which hit them. One landed beside them in the water and, surprisingly, didn't break. Tucker picked it up and tried throwing it at Seb, but it missed.

       And hit Artemis.

       Bad move, Tucker. You better run.

       "Did you just hit my wife with a water balloon?!" Seb asked. "Oh, you three better get to your cabin fast because I'm coming!" Without looking back, the three began quickly paddling back to their cabin. Seb threw one more water balloon at them before sitting back beside Artemis. "And that's how you get rid of them. By the way, good job at making their canoe tip, Dax."

       "I was serious," I said. "Just wait until next year. I think giant water balloons will come in handy."

_______________

Two chapters left....And guess who's making an appearance next chapter. :) 

So I have a story. My uncle's hamster decided to go on an adventure last night. She somehow escaped her cage that was downstairs and made it all the way upstairs. She started clawing on my cousin's bedroom door around one in the morning and my cousin thought it was her little brother. On the third time, she decided to open it and saw the hamster there. There's a camera downstairs and this morning, their family was watching the footage from last night and saw the hamster run around for two hours. cx

My other cousin went downstairs around eleven-thirty at night to get something to eat and didn't even notice the hamster. cx 

Anyway, I will be sad of letting Daxton go. I'm going to miss him, but at least he'll be in the crossover. cx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 5.5K 29
***SEQUEL TO "I HATE YOU"*** Welcome back to Dylan and Zack's world. Zack is still the bad boy everyone loves, but now with a softer side made specia...
353K 7.9K 39
Haley Jacobs is not your typical teenager. Her once perfect life, long gone. She has gone through hell and back, and is barely hanging on by a thr...
2.7M 18.1K 7
THIS IS A 6 CHAPTER SAMPLE OF THE FULL-LENGTH NOVEL "REASONS TO LOVE A NERD LIKE ME" If you have a Goodreads account/blog and will leave me a short r...
1M 39K 45
*cover made by weird_liv* DISCLAIMER: This Sebastian Smythe is NOT the character from Glee. The names are a coincidence and I did not know about that...