The Bond

By Apologetic_1

Amelia (Lia) was living a good and comfortable life before a one night stand changed her life. Six weeks aft... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
37
Not A Chapter But You should Definitely Read This.

36

14.2K 538 5
By Apologetic_1

W. A. S.
PART FOUR

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
p.s. Lia's POV

I wake to the sound of baby noises being made next to me, soft and low. I wince at the harsh brightness of the room, not yet familiar with sight just yet. I blink several times before turning to the side and being welcomed to most heartwarming sight I've ever seen. Sebastian, holding our son.

His face is the definition of serene as he peers down lovingly at the tiny human in his arms, whispering sweet things to him. By the way he's smiling and adoring our child, it's easy to overlook his disheveled hair, five o'clock shadow, and wrinkled clothes that he probably slept in. But I'm his wife and it's my job to notice when my husband hasn't been taking care of himself.

"Sebastian?" I croak out, instantly regretting it when my burning sensation erupts in my throat.

Sebastian stops his fondling and stares at me with wide eyes, as if he can't believe that I'm actually awake right now.

"A-Amelia?" He asks hesitantly, not sure if he's imagining it or not.

"W-water." I wheeze.

He quickly grabs the pitcher beside me and pours a generous amount in my cup before handing it to me. I swallow the cool liquid instantly and ask for more, which he gives me.

"Thank you." I say as I place the cup down. I look up at Sebastian and then look down at the baby in his hands.

"Would you like to hold him?" He asks, a faint smile on his lips.

I nod vigorously as I reach out my arms. I bite back tears as he places the baby in my arms. The weight of him brings me back to the brink of tears and this time I don't stop the tears from spilling.

"He's so beautiful." I say as my voice cracks. He honestly is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. He's a clear representation of the both of us, with Sebastian's royal blue eyes and my blonde locks that he's turned into his own with curls that I've never been able to achieve.

"He is isn't he?" Sebastian agrees with a small laugh.

As hard it was, I manage to tear my eyes to look back at Sebastian who's watching us with a look that makes me want to cry.

"How long have I been out?" I ask nervously.

"Five days. You slipped into a coma after you developed a high fever. It was because of the mountain ash and wolfsbane the bullet contained. It set off an unexpected infection that wouldn't heal. We all thought you weren't going to make it."

I'm taken aback when he starts crying.

"I didn't think I would ever get to hear your voice again." He says as he takes my hand.

"Sebastian, I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking- actually no I was thinking. I was thinking that that man was going to shoot you and I wouldn't stand there and watch it happen. I should have been less reckless though. I put my life and our child's life in danger, I-"

Sebastian cuts off my apology by pressing his lips against mine, pouring so much emotion that he was feeling into the kiss that when he pulled away I was too stunned and breathless to speak.

"I'm not mad at you Amelia. You jumped in front of that bullet to protect me, I would have done the same thing in a heartbeat. It wasn't reckless, it was instinct."

"I love you." I say softly.

"I love you."

We stay like that for a while, just smiling at each other like goofballs until a soft cry breaks our gaze.

"Did you give him a name?" I ask suddenly.

"No, I was waiting for you to wake up."

"Good, because I already have a name in mind." I say as I smile down at my son. His little mouth opens and he looks up at me with those big blue eyes as if he was anxious to hear his name.

"Please, share." Sebastian says as he sits back down next to me.

"William." I say confidently.

"William?"

"Yes. Willian Andrew Steele to be exact. William after your father, Andrew after mine and Steele after you, his father. What do you think?" I ask, tearing my eyes away from the little boy in my arms to see Sebastian's expression.

"It's perfect." He says with a grin. "And way better than what Killian suggested we name him."

I frown. "What did Killian want to name him?"

"Nikolai."

"Oh gosh." I say with a grimace. "He doesn't even look like a Nikolai."

"Precisely why I said no."

"Well, William it is. What do you think?" I ask our little boy. The small cry of joy that escapes his tiny mouth is good enough for us.

"Welcome to the world William Steele."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*

THREE DAYS LATER . . .

I shoot up in bed, sweat dripping all over my body as I look around, trying to make sense of my whereabouts. For a moment I think I'm back in that room in the cabin where the Melissa held me, but then I feel a shift in the bed and see Sebastian sound asleep beside me. I begin to relax when I hear William's bloodcurdling cry coming from his nursery. I don't waste another second in bed and run to his nursery, praying that there wasn't some enemy werewolf or hunter standing over his crib.

"Oh my baby!" I exclaim in relief when I see that it's just him in the dark room. I scoop him up in my arms and hug him tight until I remember that half the King's are dead and the other half are rotting in prison and all the enemy werewolves were killed.

"You're okay, we're okay." I chant quietly as I pace around the room with him in my arms.

"Amelia? Is everything okay?" Sebastian asks as he staggers into the room, blinking rapidly until he could spot us in the darkness.

I open my mouth to answer but end up bursting into tears. My random sobs snap Sebastian out of his sleepy trance and bring him up to attention.

"Amelia, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" He asks frantically as he searches my face.

"I-I can't live here anymore!" I exclaim through the tears. For the last three days I've been having nightmare after nightmare and been extremely paranoid, so much that I'm too afraid to even step out of the house. The effects of what happened last week have officially begun to take a toll on me and I don't feel safe here anymore.

"Okay, w-we can get a new house." He says in a soft voice as he swiftly takes William into his more steady hands.

"It's not that Sebastian. I don't feel safe here in New York anymore. Too many bad things have happened here and I'm finally beginning to feel its effect. I'm afraid to even leave the house!"

"Amelia, what are you saying?"

"I want to move."

"Really? You won't change your mind in the morning?" He asks skeptically.

"No." I say with a head shake. "I want to move Sebastian, I don't feel comfortable raising our son here."

"I'm glad you said that." He says with a relieved expression as he moves to William's changing table to swap out his dirty diaper for a new one.

"Why?"

"Because I've been thinking about moving for a while now. I never mentioned it because you were still pregnant and I didn't want to bring extra pressure on you."

"Oh, well that's good. We're on the same page. But where we would even go?"

"England?" He offers hopefully.

"England?" I ask in a not-so-sure tone.

"Yes! Look, I still own my family's old property, all the houses are still their, newly renovated and furnished. It'll be an easy move-in."

"But that's far. What about the rest of the lycans?" I ask nervously. I want to leave, but not without my newfound family.

"Victoria and Alexander would be onboard since they're from England anyways. Isabella has already made it clear she is eager to return to France now that the baby is here. And Killian will want to come to watch after William, he is his godson after all."

"Yeah, I'm still not sure about that decision." I mumble.

"Joseph and Callia will want to stay here since her family is here and Joseph never likes to go too far away from his roots. That only leaves Vanessa." Sebastian finishes, looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"She'll want to go, there are too many bad memories here." I say confidently.

"Well that's it then. We can announce it to the lot in the morning. Right now all three of us need to get some rest." He says, a finality in his tone that says he's not taking no a for an answer.

"Alright, I'm going." I surrender before giving both of my boys a kiss goodnight. Before slipping into my slumber, I send a quick prayer that this move will be the best thing that ever happened to us.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sebastian was right about who would want to come with and who wouldn't, so when they all voiced their opinions about our upcoming move, I wasn't shocked at all at their responses. The only person left to tell was Vanessa, but Killian was adamant about wanting to tell her himself so I let him. That probably wasn't the best decision because when he returned later that evening he was sporting a painful looking red burn on his eye.

"What happened to you?" I asked in shock as he stormed past the living room and up the stairs.

"Wolfsbane." He snarled lowly before disappearing up the stairs.

"Do we wanna know?" I ask, looking down at William who I was currently feeding. He stared up me with his big wide eyes, causing me to grin.

"Mm, yes, yes we do. How about I send a quick text to Vanessa right now and tell her we're coming over tomorrow." I say as I reach over and grab my phone, sending Vanessa a text to which she replieda to almost instantaneously.

sure, we have a lot to talk about.

I grimaced at the reply but shook it off, we would talk about it tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.8K 849 17
This story is not edited and is still in work and progress, thank you for understanding! Everyone's had a one night stand before right? Leanna was n...
127K 7K 17
A Lycan can not shift forms while pregnant. The danger in doing so is too high. Emma is locked in a cell. Her mate is dead. Her captors want her pup...
35.1M 887K 30
COMPLETED Two teenagers, a party and the unmistakeable mate pull, but what happens when it follows with a steamy night and a rejection the next day...
357K 7.7K 20
Laina Collins never expected that her mate would be alpha Jake West and end up pregnant with his pup after being rejected by him. What will happen wh...