The Bond

By Apologetic_1

Amelia (Lia) was living a good and comfortable life before a one night stand changed her life. Six weeks aft... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
Not A Chapter But You should Definitely Read This.

15

19.3K 747 40
By Apologetic_1

"So what, are you guys some kind of couple now?"

"What? No, I don't think Sebastian and I will ever be a couple. It just wouldn't work. Trust me."

"Good, at least you're being pragmatic."

"Yup. Okay enough about me what about you? You never told me what happened with that guy who was abducted and your story."

"Oh that? I decided to give up the story in exchange for the guy. He was an idiot, but I don't want a dead body hanging over my head."

"Does that mean you can tell me what the story was about?"

"No. I still plan on rewriting it."

I stop looking through the shelves of food and stare at my best friend in disbelief.

"Guy gets kidnapped due to your story and you still want to write it? Why?!"

"Because it'll get my family off my back. You have no idea what it feels like being pressured to do something you don't want to do. This story will be the only alternative and will just get them to shut up." Vanessa says with an annoyed expression.

I shrug. I may not know what it feels like to be pressured from your family but I do know that Vanessa's family has been pressuring her to enter the family business since she turned 16 and have expected it from her since before she was even born. So I at least understand why she feels the need to get them off her back.

"Ugh, what why do they have the bad brand of apple sauce?"

"What's wrong with it?" Vanessa asks as she looks over at the label.

"This brand is too sweet. Where's the organic ones? Those are totally delicious."

I'm somewhat of an apple sauce addict and over the years I have acquired a liking for a very specific taste of apple sauce and only one brand offers that kind. It just so happens that they don't sell it in Stop & Shop.

"I seriously don't understand why you're so picky over these things. " Vanessa comments before turning the aisle in search for sweet potatoes. I'm carefully reading the label of another brand when Vanessa comes back around, grabs my elbow and pulls me out of the store.

"What's going on?" I ask her, looking back at our cart of food.

"We have to leave." She mumbles as she picks up her pace. Before we reach the parking lot she stops abruptly, reaches into her pocket, turns around and releases whatever she held in her hand at the person behind us. He screams in agony as the purple dust touches his face.

"Who was that?" I say in fear as Vanessa quickens her pace.

"A werewolf."

"What? Why was he following us?"

"I don't know, be quiet they can hear us." Vanessa mumbles again as she looks around the nearly empty parking lot. Because it's the middle of October, and it's cold as hell outside nobody really wants to shop. The only time we'll see people shopping is next week for Halloween.

We quickly walk towards Vanessa's car and we almost reach it until a group of men pop out from behind some of the cars, guns in their hands.

"Aaah!!!"

Vanessa ignores my scream as she continues to throw the purple dust at the men. Her face relieved of fear as she concentrates on hitting their faces.

"Lia run!" Vanessa yells.

I turn to run but I bump into another man, but this one is smiling arrogantly.

"Hello." He says in a calm voice, I hear a hint of a Russian accent.

"Are you going to kill me?" I ask in a shaky voice.

"Of course not! Why would I kill the woman who's carrying the future of the Lycan race?" He says as if that was the most offensive question ever.

When I just stand there and look at him in fear, he shrugs, moves past Vanessa and me and starts killing the men in different ways. Vanessa stops throwing her dust as she watches in horror as the tall man in the suit rips out the heart of one werewolf, decapitates another, and slices the throat of another.

"Hmm, well that was more bloodier than I thought." He says, taking out a handkerchief and wiping his bloody hands with it. Once his hands are clean he reaches into his suit pocket and pulls out a shiny black gun with a silencer. He smiles deviously at Vanessa who stares in horror as the tall man in the suit shoots all the men. He grimaces when blood splatters on his face but he just wipes it with another clean handkerchief.

clk clk.

I turn in shock when I see Vanessa pull out a gun from her bag and place the bullet in place.

"Who the fuck are you?" She acts boldly.

"Obviously not someone you like." The man answers smartly.

"I won't hesitate to shoot you."

"You really think that a bullet is going to hurt me? I'll be shocked if you leave a mark."

"No, but I think this bullet will." I gasp as Vanessa fires the gun and cry out as it hits the man in the chest. He stumbles back a little but regains his balance with a smirk.

"Hmm, a bullet laced with wolfsbane. Smart, the only people I've seen use that technique have been...hunters." The man says as he pulls the bullet out of his chest.

"What? How are you still standing, that's impossible."

"Not entirely, after you watch your family get burned alive by wolfsbane. I decided to build up a tolerance by adding a little bit of wolfsbane to every thing I've eaten and drunk over the last 400 years. You hunters can't kill me with your little tools anymore." He says arrogantly.

"Wait a minute... Who are you?" I ask curiously.

"My name is Killian Petrov."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Is he tall, wears a suit and has a tattoo of a snake running up his neck all the way behind his right ear?"

I gaze up from the phone and lean over to peer behind his right and sigh a breath of relief when I see that he does have a snake tattoo.

"Yeah, so is it him?"

"Yes that is Killian. Could you please pass the phone to him?"

I nod before realizing that Sebastian isn't in the car with us so he can't see me and pass the phone to Killian who seems rather at ease for a guy who just brutally murdered three guys. I shake my head at him and turn to face Vanessa, who is still clutching the gun in her lap. Despite having the gun, I can see her hands shaking and her eyes are wide with fear. I sigh, thinking that this is all my fault. We weren't even supposed to go grocery shopping today, but we didn't have the stuff I was craving for and since Sebastian made me promise that I wouldn't go anywhere by myself I begged her to come with me. And now she witnessed three men get slaughtered. I'm pretty sure this is going to leave an emotional scar.

"You know Sebastian," I hear Killian start to say. "Of all the women you've ever been with, this one has to be the hottest." Killian says, looking at me through the rear view mirror.

I blush slightly before glaring at him. If this guy thinks he's getting anywhere with me, he's mistaken.

"Oh calm down, it was a compliment you sissy. Besides, it's the friend that I find interesting." I silently gag as I watch Killian send a wink Vanessa's way which causes her to hold the gun even tighter.

"Yes, the hunter."

"I am not a hunter!" Vanessa exclaims, her face red with anger.

"Are you saying that because your friend is here? I don't think she minds that you're a hunter... Vanessa is it?"

I turn to Vanessa with a suspicious look. "What is he talking about?"

"Nothing he knows anything about. I'm not a hunter you rabid mutt." Vanessa says in a low intimidating voice that I have never heard before in our entire friendship.

"Ooh, she's a feisty one I see. Sebastian I'm going to have fun with h- What? I don't think either of them would approve of me doing that. Fine, fine but if I get yelled at, I'm blaming you." Killian says into the phone before hanging up and pulling over.

"What are you doing?" Vanessa asks suspiciously as she gets out of the car with the gun still in her hand. Killian follows after her, but I stay inside, those two look like they'd have fun ripping each other to shreds so I'd rather not get in between their little feud. I watch in anxiety as the two begin to yell at each other and after Vanessa shoots him again, Killian punches her hard enough that she falls unconscious.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 160 27
Prologue No no no no This can't be happening to me I can't be pregnant Im barely 17 I'm in highschool I haven't even shifted yet No...I'm not a run...
795 18 4
Giorgio Vincenzo Lazzaro He's the Alpha of Luna d'argento pack. He's 24 and he's completely given up on the ideas of mates because an Alpha usually m...
573 29 9
As Isadora's belly swells with the weight of the soon-to-be Alpha King's unborn child, she overhears a heartless conversation between him and his bet...
194K 6.3K 23
The rules were simple, every full moon, omegas and alphas would gather and they would find their mates. So... How did I get unlucky enough to fall in...