The Bond

By Apologetic_1

Amelia (Lia) was living a good and comfortable life before a one night stand changed her life. Six weeks aft... More

1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
Not A Chapter But You should Definitely Read This.

4

31.3K 1.1K 116
By Apologetic_1

The days after the whole Sebastian debacle have been pretty boring and things seem to be going back to normal. Vanessa keeps pestering me to actually take the time to do some baby research so that's what I'm doing tonight. Since she's gone out with her coworkers to celebrate her finishing this top secret story she's been working on, I've decided to hole up in my bed with snacks and my laptop to learn about what's to come these next few months.

After freaking myself out with the horror stories posted on the Yahoo Answers pages, I finally go to the doctor recommended sites with factual information on pregnancy. Most of the stuff I already know because Dr.Lockhart already told me, like the fact that the first trimester is the most dangerous because that's when women have miscarriages, I know that my baby won't actually come on the due date, it's just an estimate of when the baby will come. My due date isn't until March 8th, but like I said, it's only an estimate so I should expect him or her around that time.

I read a little more about how the baby forms and the things that will harm the baby before I finally call it a night. I'm cleaning up all the wrappers from my snacks when someone knocks on the door.

I stop moving, going through the list of people that would come here at ten at night and I can't think of anyone.

Maybe it's Vanessa, she probably lost her keys again. But she would've called.  Maybe if I just stay silent they'll go away.

I stay in my position until I hear another knock, this one louder and harder.

Holy shit. I'm going to die. I think terrifyingly.

Another knock sounds and I almost jump from my skin.

Sucking in a deep breath I slowly exit my room, making a quick pitstop at the kitchen to throw away my crap, and walk towards the door. I grab the bat that Vanessa keeps near the coat hanger and open the door.

"Sebastian?"

"Amelia. Why do you have a bat?"

"I, no reason." I mutter as set it aside. "What are you doing here? How did you find where I live?" I ask nervously.

Instead of answering he shrugs and walks into my home. Uninvited.

"Um, hello what do you think you're doing?" I ask him with arms crossed.

"I'm standing." He says seriously.

"Obviously, but why are you standing in my apartment? How did you even find where I live?" I ask again.

"I have my ways."

"And what are those ways?" I ask, not sure I want to know the answer.

"This isn't why I came here." He says, staring at me impatiently.

"Okay so why are you here?"

"I want to talk to you about the baby."

"The baby? What about the baby?"

"It's mine and I need to know your intentions." He says.

"What?! My intentions, are none of your concern, you didn't believe me when I told you and now you do? What the hell changed?"

"Nothing changed, that is my child and I want to be a part of its life. It's my responsibility now."

I stare at him with wide eyes. What the hell, this guy has done a complete 180, the other day he was all confident that there was no way this baby could be his and now he wants to man up and take responsibility?

"Um, okay?" I say because I honestly don't know what to say to that.

"Okay, I set up an appointment for tomorrow at noon. I'll pick you up twenty minutes before then." He says as he begins to walk away.

"Wait that's it? You're just going to leave?" I ask.

"Yes, my business here is finished. Goodbye, Amelia."

"Ugh, fine. And could you stop calling me Amelia? It's just Lia." I say, annoyed.

Like I said before, no one has called me that besides my mother and I'm not going to make an exception for him.

"Goodbye Amelia." He says before he closes the door behind him.

I sigh dramatically before storming off to my room and falling asleep as soon as my pillow hits the pillow.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I had totally forgotten all about the surprise doctors appointment today up until someone knocked on the door and in came Sebastian Steele in all his manly glory. Vanessa was so starstruck that she forgot her own name and that never happens to her especially since she's a journalist after all, talking to people is in her job description. He wasn't wearing a suit like all the other times I've seen him, he had on nicely fitted jeans and a t-shirt that hugged his biceps so perfectly that my nipples hardened just looking at them. His forearms were showing which nearly sent Vanessa into a cardiac arrest. I tried not drool the entire drive to the clinic. I was so transfixed on his looks that I didn't question how he knew which clinic I went to. And now we're waiting to get called up. For some reason I feel better sitting here because I now am with the father of my child just like all the other women here.

"Amelia Taylor? Dr.Lockhart is ready for you." The nurse from last time says when she comes out.

Sebastian and I stand up and follow her to Dr.Lockhart's office where he opens the door for me, I mumble a quick thank you before walking in.

"Lia! Glad to see you're back. And who's this?" Dr.Lockhart greets enthusiastically. I can't even introduce him because he beats me to it.

"I am Sebastian Steele, the father of Amelia's child." He says formally. I scrunch my nose up at him.

"You're not the Steele from Steele Security are you?" Dr.Lockhart asks, raising an eyebrow.

"I am, how do you know that?" Sebastian asks with a wary look at my doctor.

"Oh my husband was at the conference you guys held at The Chateau. He really wanted to meet you." Dr.Lockhart says, her eyes widening when she realizes something.

"Wait a minute, that conference was in June...Is that where you two met?" She asks curiously as I lay down on the stiff bed.

"Erm, not exactly." I mumble.

"Oh, well all that matters is that you did and now you're going to have this little bundle of joy!" She exclaims as she squirts the cold gel on my exposed stomach.

"So, I'm guessing you guys want to see the baby and even hear a heartbeat if you're up for it."

I don't look up at Sebastian before I nod my head yes. I didn't want to see or hear anything last time because I wanted to wait until I had told him.

"Great! Let's get started. Alright now, since you are officially eight weeks pregnant, right now the baby already has eyes, ears, a heartbeat, and budding feet and fingers." She explains to us as she slightly puts a little pressure on my stomach so she can see better.

"I know it may seem a little blurry, but that's the head, there's an eye and look at the little tiny feet!" She exclaims, pointing at the black and white monitor.

"Wow." I whisper as tears begin to prickle my eyes.

That's an actual human being forming in a my body. It has eyes and a head and body and everything! That's just... incredible.

"And let me try to find the heartbeat..."

I hold my breath and watch in anticipation as Dr.Lockhart tries to find the heartbeat.

Suddenly, the quiet room fills with the most breathtaking sound of a baby's heart beating. My baby. Tears spill onto my cheeks as I hear the loud thumps of my baby's heartbeat. I look up at Sebastian and see that he's staring at the monitor, tears glossing over his eyes. I reach over and give him a hand squeeze.

"I'm guessing you'll want to take a copy of this home?" Dr.Lockhart asks, as she begins to clean me up.

"Um definitely, Vanessa's going to freak." I say with a huge grin on my face.

"Yes, I don't think I'm ever going to get tired of listening to that." Sebastian says, a faint smile on his lips.

"I can make that happen. Okay, since you weren't here last time Mr.Steele, I'm going to need you to fill out this little questionnaire." Dr.Lockhart says as she passes a clipboard to him.

"What is this?"

"I just need to know if you have any illnesses or if there's some kind of disease that has been passed down in your family. Things like that, shouldn't take too long."

"I know it won't." Sebastian says as he hands the clipboard back to Dr.Lockhart without filling it out. "I don't have any blood relatives."

"Oh?" Dr.Lockhart asks, looking at the clipboard.

"What happened?" I ask him.

His eyes pierce into mine before he says something that sends a chill down my spine.

"They were murdered."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.1M 562K 44
PUBLISHED WORK!!! 30% OF THE STORY HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN. Available on Amazon in paperwork and PDF (KINDLE) format. You know those kind of stor...
1.5K 160 27
Prologue No no no no This can't be happening to me I can't be pregnant Im barely 17 I'm in highschool I haven't even shifted yet No...I'm not a run...
811 18 39
As the sunsets over Grey Moon the atmosphere changes from happy and carefree to chilling and dreadful. There is a party going on to celebrate the bi...
36K 849 17
This story is not edited and is still in work and progress, thank you for understanding! Everyone's had a one night stand before right? Leanna was n...