The Miner's Girl

Від Angelnico1e

Parker Schnabel. Nicole Forrest. What happens when you move back to where you came from after seven years? Wh... Більше

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Our Cabin Photos
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106

Chapter 13

339 6 0
Від Angelnico1e

Nicole's POV
It was around 11:45 when he texted me while I was sitting up in my bed watching a movie.
Parker: I fell asleep on the couch watching a show with Dad. I'll be there in a few.
Me: I'm fine. You don't have to come. Go back to sleep.
In my mind, I really did want him to come, but I knew he didn't want to and wanted to just go to sleep.
Parker: Is the lights on in your room?
Me: Maybe. Just go in your room and sleep. I'm turning out the lights now.

He didn't say anything after that, so I figured that he went to sleep. I really did turn out my light, and I laid down and watched the movie. I had my gun beside me on the floor. I didn't feel completely safe, but I felt safe enough.

Parker's POV
I felt kind of bad for not going back to her. But I was tired, because I hadn't slept good on that couch the night before. I went to my bed in my room and fell right asleep.

It was 3:30 in the morning. I woke up and turned on my other side and tried to go back to sleep. But for some reason, I couldn't get back to sleep. I tossed and turned and closed my eyes. I thought of Nicole and wondered if she got to sleep. I texted her.
Me: Are you up?

She didn't say anything, so I figured she had fallen asleep. It sucked because I knew if she was with me, I could go to sleep. I guess that's what I get for not doing what she wanted me to. I fell back asleep around 5:00.

(((November 15, 2015)))
I slept in late the next morning. It was noon before I got out of the bed. I went into the living room after I took a shower and stuff, and I saw Nicole sitting in the living room talking to my mom and drinking coffee.

"Babe, you could've came and woke me up." I said to her.

"I know, but you let me sleep yesterday and today I let you sleep. Good morning, baby." She smiled.

"Good afternoon is more like it." I chuckled as I sit down beside her. I gave her a little kiss on the cheek.

"True. You hungry? Your mom made breakfast."

"Yeah, I'll get something. Did you eat?"

"A little."

"She ate one piece of bacon and one piece of toast." Mom added.

"I'm going to get some food and you're going to eat with me." I said seriously to her.

"I'm not hungry."

"Yeah, well, you're going to eat if you wanna go anywhere today." I said.

She rolled her eyes and smiled. I went to the kitchen and put food on a plate for me and her. I went back and sit beside her with the plate full of food. She ate a little, not much, but I was satisfied that she was alright to go somewhere.

"Did you sleep good last night?" I asked her.

"I went to sleep around one, and woke up a couple times during the night, but went right back to sleep. So yeah, it was alright. What were you doing texting me at like 3:30 in the morning?"

"I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep until around five. I was just seeing if you were up."

"Aw. Why couldn't you sleep, baby?" She asked.

"I don't know." I shrugged. I did know; I couldn't sleep because I wasn't beside her. "So where you wanna go today?"

"Um, how about we go look around for me a job at the clinic or the doctors?"

"If that's what you wanna do."

"Okay."

"You want to help me cook dinner tonight, Nicole?" Mom asked her.

"Sure, what time should we be back?"

"Around five should be good. I need to go grocery shopping today before we cook." Mom said.

"Oh, Mom, we can do that. Just write the list and we'll go shopping, right, Nick?" I said.

"Yeah, we'll go." She nodded.

"Okay, thanks, kids." Mom smiled.

I ate some more food while Mom made out the shopping list for us. Nicole went to the bathroom, and Mom got through writing the list and gave it to me. I called for Nicole to hurry up and come on.
***
Nicole's POV
We were driving down the road listening to music when he reached over, letting go of my hand, and turned down the volume on the radio. I gave him a why-did-you-do-that look.

"So um, you know how you asked me why I couldn't sleep last night?" He said.

"Yeah."

"Well, I couldn't sleep because I felt kinda bad that I just left you alone when you asked me to go back."

"It's fine. You were tired, and I fell asleep not long after."

"So tonight can I sleep over?"

A memory came rushing back into my mind from when I was around eight. My grandpa had died, and I was crying just like I was crying a couple days ago because of my parents. It was dark, but I wanted to get away from everything, and everyone. A little Parker found me a couple minutes away from my house where we would walk. He was there for me, just to talk and let me cry to him while I had my head on his shoulder. I told him that I wished that he could talk to me all night, because I knew that I wouldn't be able to sleep, and that I didn't want to go home. He said that we could go to his house. I said to him, "So I can sleep over?"

"Hey, can I sleep over?" He said again, pulling me away from my memory.

I smiled, "Yeah."

"Okay."
***
I found a job as a nurse at one of the private practice doctors offices. It was five days a week, and twelve hours a day. I thought it was a good job, but Parker asked me if I would talk to him before I took the job. I said sure. I was uncertain exactly why he wanted to talk to me about taking a job, but I agreed. He said that he would talk to me about it tonight, which really made me wonder what he wanted to say.

We went grocery shopping after a spending time at the harbor. Parker was acting like a little kid in a candy store, which is kind of what he was. The shopping cart was full of junk food and candy before I had put two things in the cart. I was getting food for my house, too, and Parker just throwing stuff in the cart was really messing me up.

"I should've left you at home." I laughed.

"Nah, you wouldn't be having fun if I wasn't here." He winked as he threw some chips in the cart.

"Oh, is that why you came?" I tried to not smile.

"Yup." He smiled as he was bouncing a basketball, acting like he was so cool.

"Go grab some flour from the last aisle, weirdo." I said as I looked down from him onto the list.

"You're the weirdo, weirdo." He threw the ball back into the basket that it was in before. "No, wait, you're a nerd." He said as he walked by me.

"Parker Schnabel, you better not call me that. You know that I hate that word. I'm mad at you now."

"Okay, nerd." He chuckled.

"Shaggy weirdo."

He came back with the flour and set in in the cart. He wrapped his arms around my waist from the back as I was walking along, pushing the cart. I tried to push him off of me.

"Get off of me, meanbutt." I said.

"Ah, come on, babe. I was just playing. You're not a nerd." He paused and thought for a second. "Well you kinda are because you're so smart.....but you're not a nerd.....and hey, you can't be a nerd cause nerds aren't allowed to be at the mining camp." He nudged me as he walked beside me.

"Yeah, whatever. Rick's a nerd."

He chuckled. "You don't even know Rick."

"I've talked to him before while I was FaceTiming you. He's a nerd."

He chuckled again. "Okay."
***
We were back at his house, and I was helping his mom unload the groceries while he was still bringing the bags in. We had already unloaded all my groceries at my house.
I helped his mom cook dinner, which was hamburgers and fries, with brownies for dessert. I don't really know what the rest of them were doing, but they walked in and out the back door a lot. I think they were working on something outside.

It was around 7:00 when we all sat down for dinner. It was good, if you ask me. We talked and laughed while we ate, like one big family, which we were. Payson had to leave right after he had finished eating for his late flight back to Vegas. We all said our goodbyes to him, and he left.

It was around 9:00 when Parker and I went back to my house. I went into my room to change into my night clothes while Parker was in the kitchen getting him a drink. I walked back into the living room to see him sitting on the couch watching a DVD movie.

"So I've been dying to find out what you wanted to tell me." I said as I sat down beside him.

"Tell you about what?"

"What you wanted to tell me before I took that job at the hotel."

"Oh, that. Yeah."

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

248K 8.8K 99
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
282K 9.5K 107
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...
470K 31.7K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
186K 5.1K 43
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...