Stitches of Life

By LizEG96

"I don't get it." He shook his head at me, his frustration clear in his eyes. "Why can't you just let yoursel... More

Rights
A Hard Day's Night
The First Cut is the Deepest
Winning a Battle, Losing a War
No Man's Land
Shake Your Groove Thing
If Tomorrow Never Comes
The Self-Destruct Button
Save Me
Who's Zoomin' Who?
Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head
Enough Is Enough (No More Tears)
Make Me Lost Control
Deny, Deny, Deny
Into You Like a Train
Thanks for the Memories
Much Too Much
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
Begin the Begin
Break on Through
It's the End of the World
What Have I Done to Deserve This?
Band-Aid Covers the Bullet Hole
Damage Case
Fight or Flight
Losing My Religion
I Am a Tree
Sometimes A Fantasy
Oh, the Guilt
Let the Angels Commit
Staring at the Sun
From a Whisper to a Scream
Six Days
Walk on Water
Time After Time
Testing 1-2-3
Didn't We Almost Have it All?
A Change is Gonna Come
Let the Truth Sting
The Heart of the Matter
Kung Fu Fighting
Forever Young
Lay Your Hands on Me
Piece of My Heart
Freedom
Here Comes the Flood
Life During Wartime
In the Midnight Hour
Sympathy for the Devil
Before and After
Elevator Love Letter
No Good at Saying Sorry
What a Difference a Day Makes
Good Mourning
I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watchin' Me
Invasion
Invest in Love
Holidaze
Blink
State of Love and Trust
Valentine's Day Massacre
Perfect Little Accident
Suicide is Painless
Hook, Line, and Sinner
Sanctuary
Death and All His Friends
Author's Note
Sequel

Yesterday

19.6K 431 154
By LizEG96

A/N: Guess who's finally in town????

Chapter Twenty-Two: Yesterday

"Is Meredith okay?" I asked George as the said woman sat on the bench in front of her locker, just staring into space. George only shrugged as the door of the locker room opened and I glanced over my shoulder to see a frustrated Cristina coming in.

"You know, he's acting like I committed a crime, like my apartment is full of stolen goods." Cristina said as she went to her locker, not seeming to be talking to anyone in particular. "He's acting like I kept my apartment to hide stolen goods so I could do illegal transplants for money."

"Are you sure he's not just acting like you lied about moving in?" Meredith asked her, looking at her as she pulled off her jacket and shoved it into her locker. 

"Okay, what's wrong with you?" Cristina asked her. 

"My mommy's a filthy whore." Meredith told her, causing my own eyes to widen at her words. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Chuck Eaton, fifty-four, has stage three-b non-small cell lung cancer with possible invasion of the pleura and a history of COPD." Meredith presented the patient's case to Burke on rounds. "He's had extensive chemo-radiotherapy with minimal regression of the tumor. He's been admitted for radical en bloc resection."

"I was a smoker." Chuck wheezed. "The, uh, oncologist...he explained that I have a twenty-five percent chance of surviving the, uh, surgery."

"Well, unfortunately, that's about right." Burke confirmed. "If you should elect not to proceed, we can make you more comfortable."

"With all due respect, uh... there's no way that you can make a man dying a slow death comfortable." Chuck shook his head. "I'll roll the dice."

"All right." Burke nodded as he led all of us out of the room, heading off to prepare for Chuck's surgery while leaving the rest of us to continued with our work.

"How would you say I look today?" George asked Izzie and I as he watched Meredith walk ahead of us. "Would you say, you know, I look nice?"

"You could use a little more lip gloss, but, yes, you're very pretty." Izzie nodded, teasing him.

"Maybe a little mascara too." I added.

"Aw, you're both mean." George wrapped an arm around each of our shoulders. 

"We're just kidding." Izzie chuckled as he let us go. "You look fine."

"Seriously, how's my breath?" George breathed in her face. 

"George." I raised a brow at him.

"Yeah." He looked at me.

"Would you just talk to her?" Izzie told him.

"Who?" George played dumb.

"Who do you think?" I scoffed as we turned the corner to find Alex, Meredith, and Cristina all surrounding Bailey as she stood in the hallway, holding her son in her arms.

"Good morning, Dr. Bailey."  Izzie used a baby voice as she spoke, hurrying over to look at the little boy in our boss' arms. "Hello, baby."

"Are the ORs up and running?" Bailey asked us. 

"Uh, yeah, they're fully functional." Cristina nodded. "Uh, except there's some smoke damage to the corridors."

"How about you?" Bailey looked at Meredith. "You fully functional?"

"I'm fine." Meredith assured her. "How's your husband?"

"Taking him home tomorrow." Bailey told us before looking at Izzie. "Okay, this is not a tea party. Go. Work. Save some lives. Now!"

We all hurried around her, heading towards the room of the next patient we were rounding on. When we reached the room we found the teenage boy laying in bed with his mother and father standing beside him, Derek standing at the foot of the bed.

"Joke Burton, fifteen, has advanced craniodiaphyseal dysplasia." Cristina presented this time. "Was admitted last night after complaining of headaches."

"And he's not a complainer." Mrs. Burton chimed in. 

"He's been having some nausea as well." Mr. Burton added. 

"Really, okay? May I, please?" Derek walked around the bed to take the couple's place as he looked over their son. "Jake, can I get you to sit up, please?"

"Sure." Jake nodded as he sat up in the bed.

"All right, okay. Now I want you to look right here for me. Thank you." Derek held a finger up in front of Cristina, getting the boy to train on the point before he began to look over him. 

"You know, if you pretend I'm a lion, it helps." Jake told Cristina, sensing her discomfort at his disfigured face. 

"Sorry?" Cristina frowned.

"If you pretend I'm a lion instead of a really messed up kid, you get a talking circus animal, which is way easier to look at." Jake shrugged. 

"Dr. Yang, what's our immediate concern?" Derek asked.

"Uh, that the bony tumors are growing inward and encroaching on his brain." Cristina answered. Derek only nodded, letting us all go. 

"So, your mommy's a whore?" I asked Meredith as I walked alongside her, heading towards the nurse's station where she pulled out Chuck Eaton's chart to look over it again.

"I don't want to talk about it." Meredith shook her head.

"Fine." I leaned against the counter next to her. 

"Invasive non-small with a history of COPD?" A guy asked, causing Meredith and I both to turn to see a man standing behind us, looking at Chuck's chart from over Meredith's shoulder. "Guy's pretty much a goner, huh?"

"Sensitivity, I like that in a stranger." Meredith smirked at the man. 

"Are you new here?" I asked him. 

"Visting." He informed us. "Confounded by all the rain, and it's only my first day in town."

"You get used to it." Meredith assured him. 

"Makes me want to stay in bed all day." He sighed, following Meredith and I as we walked to the other end of the counter, putting away Chuck's chart. 

"We just met, and already you're talking about bed." Meredith shook her head at the stranger. "Not very subtle."

"Subtle's never been my strong suit." The man shrugged as he looked Meredith and I both over once more, a cocky smirk filling his lips. "So...do either of you ever go out with coworkers?"

"Oh, my God." I rolled my eyes.

"I, um, make it a rule not to." Meredith smiled, amused. 

"Then I am so glad that I don't work here." The man said. 

"Are you hitting on us in a hospital?" Meredith asked.

"Would that be wrong?" He countered.

"Very." I nodded.

"Meredith." She held her hand out to him as she introduced herself. Before the man could introduce himself though Derek appeared next to us, punching the guy in the face and sending him to the floor. 

"Ow." Derek winced as he shook his hand. "Ow. Ah."

"What the hell was that?" Meredith demanded.

"That was Mark." Derek informed her.

"Well, nice." I smirked as I looked down at the man on the floor.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Why is he suturing his own face?" George asked as we all stood outside the room where Meredith was holding a mirror for Mark as he sutured his own face, Derek having hurt his cheek bad enough with his punch to need stitches.

"To turn me on." Cristina didn't take her eyes off the man as we all watched through the window. 

"Because he's Mark Sloan." Alex rolled his eyes. "He's like the go-to plastic surgeon on the east coast."

"That's the guy Addison was sleeping with?" George's eyes widened.

"Yep." I nodded. 

"You can't really blame her, can you?" Izzie asked.

"No, not really." Cristina shook her head. 

"Yes, you can." George disagreed as Meredith left the room, coming over to join us.

"McSexy wants an X-ray to check for fractures, and I think it's a bad idea if I take him." Meredith told us. 

"Why? Why?" George asked.

"I'm on it." Alex said as he left to take Mark away.

"Why is it a bad idea?" George asked again, glancing down at his feet.

"McSexy?" Cristina questioned the nickname.

"No?" Meredith frowned.

"McYummy." Izzie suggested but I only scrunched my nose up in disgust at it. 

"McSteamy." Meredith said, causing all of us to look back at the room where Mark was. Though the man was an asshole for sleeping with his best friend's wife, I couldn't argue that he was good looking. 

"Ah, there it is." Cristina nodded in approval.

"Oh, excuse me, I'm just chokin' back some McVomit." George muttered under his breath. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I saw her first." George said as he, Izzie, and I waited for the incoming trauma. "The night she met Shepherd, I had her ear. We talked, and I can't even remember what I said."

"You know when you haven't had sex for awhile, you sort of forget how good it is and don't really need it as much?" Izzie asked us.

"Yeah, that doesn't happen to guys." George shook his head. 

"It's like a beast, a beast that was asleep for a long, long time." Izzie said. "And now the beast is wide awake and wants to be fed, and the food that Alex gave it was...it was good food."

"I can't believe you and Alex slept together." I sighed. 

"Something needs to be done about your taste." George warned the blonde. 

"You're just jealous because you're beast is still asleep." Izzie hit him. 

"Eh, my beast isn't asleep." George shook his head. "My beast never sleeps."

"What about you?" Izzie raised a brow at me as she and I headed outside ahead of George. 

"What about me?" I frowned.

"You and Lucas have been going out for months, when are you two going to have some fun?" She asked me.

"We're taking it slow." I told her. "Besides, it's not exactly easy when I share a room with a six year old."

"Restrained driver in a minor MVC." The paramedic informed us as we helped her unload the patient from the ambulance and wheeled her inside. "Vitals are stable, but witnesses saw seizure activity behind the wheel."

"I really don't think I need to be here." The woman told us.

"You should really let us determine that, ma'am." I shook my head as we moved her onto a bed. 

"Witnesses said she was screaming, shuddering, and climbing her jaw." The paramedic added. 

"Do you have a seizure disorder that you're aware of?" George asked her. "Epilepsy?"

"It's not epilepsy. I don't have any- Oh, no. Oh, God. It's happening again. Oh, no." The woman gripped the side of the bed as she moaned, her toes curling as she rode the moment out. After a minute it ended and she looked away from us, clearly embarrassed.

"Was that a..." The paramedic trailed off.

"Orgasm." Izzie and I finished for her. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Spontaneous orgasms." Addison's brows furrowed together once we had filled her in on the case. "Are you sure?"

"Oh, yeah." Izzie and I nodded.

"Kinda hard to miss." George commented.

"Okay." Addison cleared her throat as she took the chart from me and walked over to where the woman was laying on a hospital bed. "Ms. Calva, I'm Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd."

"It's Pamela." Ms. Calva told her. "Since we're gonna be talking about...you know, may as well get familiar."

"Okay, Pamela, can you tell me how long this has been happening to you?" Addison asked her.

"For a few months, I guess." Pamela shrugged.

"How often?" Addison pressed.

"About, I don't know, seven or eight times a day." Pamela estimated, causing my eyes to widen slightly.

"Every day?" Izzie asked, seeming to be just as shocked as I was by the answer.

"Uh, Dr. Stevens." Addison sent her a warning look.

"I'm sorry." Izzie apologized. "So, every day?"

"Yes, every day." Pamela nodded. 

"And you haven't seen a doctor about this before?" Addison frowned. 

"It's not exactly something you want to cure, is it?" George spoke up.

"Dr. O'Malley." Addison said as I elbowed George in the side. 

"I went to my doctor. He sent me to a shrink." Pamela told us. 

"And he didn't do any tests?" Addison asked.

"Pammy, you back here?" We heard a man call out.

"Oh, God, no. You called my father?" Pamela hissed at us. 

"He's your emergency contact person." George pointed out. 

"Pammy, what happened?" Mr. Calva asked as he reached us, standing by Pamela's side. "You were in an accident?"

"I caused the accident, Dad." Pamela corrected him. 

"You had one of your-" He began.

"Episodes. Yeah." Pamela nodded. "Oh, no. Dang it."

"She's a junior at U-Dub." Mr. Calva told us as Pamela covered her face with her pillow, muffling her moans as she rode her orgasm out. "She's a math major. The last three semesters, she made the honor roll. High up in the honor roll."

"Mr. Calva, we're gonna...run some tests and we're gonna...we're gonna figure out what's causing you daughter's-" Addison informed him. 

"Episodes." Pamela supplied.

"Episodes." Addison nodded as she scratched the back of her head, clearly feeling awkward.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"What do you got?" George asked when we found Alex and Cristina standing together on the catwalk, watching through the window of Webber's office as Derek and Mark both stood inside, seeming to be arguing.

"Shepherd and Sloan battling it out." Alex told us. 

"Oh, it's gettin' good." Cristina said. 

"Why, what do you got?" Alex asked George and I without looking away from the argument ahead. 

"Just a woman down in the ER." George shrugged.

"Having spontaneous orgasms." I added, causing Alex and Cristina to both look at us. In that second we all took off running back towards the ER. We all ran the entire way, but George and I beat them, standing in the doorway to block them.

"Which one? Which one?" Cristina asked as she scanned over the ER over my shoulder.

"Twelve." George whispered as we spotted Izzie giving Pamela an ultrasound. I stood back and watch as the others pushed ahead of me as Pamela began to have another episode. Addison spotted the trio too as she closed the curtain around Pamela's bed.

"Doctors, there something you need?" Addison asked the three. 

"No." They all shook their heads.

"Well, in that case, move on." Addison told them.

"Anyone get what McDreamy or McSteamy sees in her?" Cristina asked as they walked back my way. 

"She's McHot." Alex smirked.

"McYeah, she is." George agreed, causing Cristina and I to both roll our eyes. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I think you're making it up." Alex accused, referring to Pamela's orgasms, as we all sat down to lunch.

"I'm not." Izzie assured him. "I saw it four times."

"What?" Meredith asked.

"A woman with spontaneous orgasms." George informed her before he looked back at Alex. "You're just jealous 'cause you didn't see it yourself."

"Oh, I totally am." Alex rolled his eyes.

"Spontaneous orgasms, really?" Meredith asked.

"You look really nice today." George complimented her.

"Any chance they're contagious?" Cristina popped a chip into her mouth.

"Spontaneous orgasms, that would solve so many problems." Meredith shook her head.

"It would, it would." George laughed. "You smell nice, too."

"You know, it's like you see someone throw up, it makes you want to throw up too. Kinda like that?" Cristina suggested. 

"Kinda like." Izzie nodded as she glanced over at a smirking Alex. "You know what? I'm not hungry. Do you hear me? I'm not hungry. Neither is the beast."

"The beast, is that, like, some sly reference to your penis?" Cristina asked Alex as Izzie left the table.

"This is disgusting." I shook my head as I pushed my own food away. 

"Get you mind out of the gutter, crack whore." Alex told Cristina. 

"No, it's not Alex's penis." George shook his head. "You know when you haven't had sex for a long time and you forget how good it is, and so you want it less?"

"Yeah, that doesn't happen to me." Cristina told him.

"Me either." Meredith agreed.

"What about you Watley?" Alex raised a brow at me.

"Alex, there's only one thing you're ever going to learn about my sex life." I told him. "You're never going to be a part of it."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I grew my hair for her." George muttered as he, Izzie, and I watched Pamela lay in CT. 

"We know." Izzie sighed.

"I don't even think she's noticed." George frowned. 

"You could just try telling her how you feel." I suggested. 

"Um, guys. She's moving, like, a lot." The tech told us. 

"Pamela, you have to hold still." Izzie told the woman over the mic, but she was only greeted by moaning. "Okay."

"That's not helping the best sleep, is it?" George joked.

"No. No, it's not." Izzie shook her head. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"How was your day?" Lucas asked me that night as he and I laid in my bed together. He laid on his side with my back against his chest and his arms wrapped around my middle. I almost felt like a teenager again as I laid in his arms, playing with one of his hands in my own. If it weren't for my knowing that Joel was just sleeping over at a friend's house from school I would think that I were a teenager again, one that didn't have to constantly be working.

"My patient suffered from spontaneous orgasms." I informed him. I didn't have to see his face to know that his eyes had widened. "On top of that, I met the guy that screwed Derek over, Mark. I also got to see him bleeding on the floor."

"Wow." He said, not seeming to know what else to say. 

"How was your day?" I asked him.

"I arrested a guy for assault." I could feel him shrug behind me. "The guy tried taking a swing at my partner with a waffle iron. It was actually kind of funny watching Evan trying to avoid it. Though, it wasn't nearly as interesting as someone having orgasms repeatedly."

"I guess not." I chuckled. I let go of his hand as I turned around to face him, his arms still laced around me. For a moment I just laid there and watched him, seeing the tired smile that filled his lips, the small bags that were gathered under his eyes from lack of sleep. He looked so tired, yet so full of life at the same time. I stretched my head forward, lightly pressing my lips to his in a kiss that he quickly returned, both of us smiling into it as he pulled me closer to him. 

A/N: So, Mark is now in town! I know, finally!! Now, bare with me, I'm gonna do a little self promoting. 

Lately I have become obsessed with the new Freeform show "Shadowhunters". Now, I'm not gonna lie, I only started watching the show for Harry Shum Jr. as I have never been really interested in TMI before. Watching the show though, I have fallen in love with it and am now contemplating reading the books when I find the time. 

Along those lines though, I have recently published the first couple chapters of my newest story: In the Eyes. It is a Shadowhunters fanficiton that revolves around my character, Cecile Lightwood. Here's a little description:

From a young age Cecile Lightwood knew that she didn't fit into the mold her parents had set for her. She didn't want to be a Shadowhunter. To be held responsible for upholding the Lightwood name. 

She knew she wasn't cut out to be a Shadowhunter, so she ran. She ran in search of someone that she hoped could help her, someone that she had never met, had only heard whispers about when her parents thought she was fast asleep.

Lucian Graymark.

With Lucian's help she was able to hide herself away from the Shadow World, to live the mundane life she wanted for herself. But following peace comes trouble.

Now she is nineteen and is finding herself thrown back into the life that she had worked so hard at escaping. Facing the family she abandoned for a new one. How will Cecile be able to handle the struggles of being thrusted back into a world tat she had worked so hard at leaving in the past? What secrets will she uncover? And who will really be by her side when all else fails?

Now, you don't really have to watch the show to read this story, though I highly recommend watching it because it is awesome (go Malec!). Well, if you read this note, thank you for doing so and I hope that you check out my new story! 

Thank you all!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

529K 9K 62
" According to Greek Mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs, and a head with two faces. Fearing their power, Zeus separa...
9.9K 243 36
As a young women you will find your way in this world. You are working hard to make your dream come true and that's becoming a surgeon. Everything lo...
148K 2.5K 30
My name is Aviana Parker. Or so everyone thinks. I am an intern at Seattle Grace Hospital. I will attempt to keep my real identity from everyone at t...
260K 4.3K 42
"there is not a single person in that room who won't go down swinging for you, you know that right?" "i know," she started, but she could hardly get...