Surviving the Life Dax (Smyth...

By 3dream_writer3

*sequel to My Ex-Best Friend: The Bad Boy, but can be read as a stand alone* *cover made by weird_liv* ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 | Final Chapter
Crossover!
Bonus Chapter: Stop. Don't Talk to Me.
BONUS CHAPTER: Family Gatherings
Sequel

Chapter 28

6.8K 403 185
By 3dream_writer3

Chapter 28

       Seb pulled into the parking lot of the school and turned to look at me. "Will you be okay today?" he asked.

       I just gave him a flat look. "You've been asking me that every day. What do you think the answer is?"

       Seb sighed. "I just want you to be okay. Look, I know how hard this is for you, but...."

       "No, you don't," I said. "You don't know what it feels like for your girlfriend to not remember you at all. I would have been find if she forgot up to the part where we started dating, but she doesn't even remember me being her best friend. So stop trying to act all sympathetic when you know nothing."

       I quickly got out of the car and slammed the door behind me. I didn't even want to be at school today, just like all the other days. Isadora hasn't been in school yet because she was still in the hospital, which only made school days worse for me.

       Not to mention that when I did visit Isadora, things were a bit weird, I guess. She just thought I was her best friend, but I wasn't.

       I walked into the school and began walking to my locker, but I stopped at what I saw. Apparently, Isadora was out of the hospital. And she was at school. Talking to Collin.

       Isadora smiled and hugged him before he walked away, so I walked up to her. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "More importantly, why were you talking to Collin?"

       "I was released from the hospital yesterday," she said. "And my dad thought it would help if I came to school because familiar environments might trigger my memory."

       "Okay, but why were you talking to Collin?" I asked again.

       "Because he's my boyfriend."

       Wait.

       WHAT?!

       "I'm sorry, did you just say Collin is your boyfriend?" I asked.

       "Yeah," Isadora said. "I was trying to find my locker and he helped me and he told me he was my boyfriend. I wish my dad told me I had one. It would help me remember."

       "Collin isn't your boyfriend," I said.

       Isadora furrowed her eyebrows. "But why would he lie to me about that?"

       "Because he's a grade-A pain in the ass," I said. One who was probably going to get a serious beat down soon....

       "Yeah, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't lie about that," Isadora said. "I mean, what's the point of lying about it when I'm probably going to remember everything anyway?"

       "Because he's a pain in the ass," I repeated. "Isadora, you have to believe me. That guy isn't your boyfriend. You hate him and you always will."

       The bell rang just then. "I should probably get to class," she said. "But I'll see you later, Max."

       "It's Dax," I corrected. Hearing her get my name wrong only hurt me even more. I visited her in the hospital everyday and she didn't even remember my name.

       "Right," she said. "I knew that. Do you, by chance, know where my class is?"

       "Yeah. I'll walk you there," I said.

       Even leading her to her class was slowly killing me because originally, I would hold her hand or have her arm around her shoulder, but I couldn't. I did wish I told her I was her boyfriend, but I couldn't put pressure on her to be in a relationship she didn't remember, but now Collin was messing that up.

       I know I hated hurting people, but I was going to enjoy what was coming for Collin.

       We got to her class and she thanked me before heading inside. I then went to my class and as soon as I walked in, my eyes landed on Collin. He gave me a smirk, which just made my blood boil even more. He was not going to get away with this.

       However, I couldn't do anything right now since it was class. 

       I didn't even want to do anything, but Collin just pushed me passed my boiling point.

       When first period ended, I saw Collin get out of class and I followed him. "Collin," I said sharply. He just turned around, giving me the same smirk. "What the hell is your problem?"

       "What? I didn't do anything wrong," he said in a fake-innocent voice.

       "Are you serious?" I asked. "You're taking advantage of my girlfriend's amnesia and for what? To piss me off even more than you have? To be a huge jerk for no apparent reason other than my brother moving on from your sister?"

       "Your girlfriend?" Collin asked, keeping the smirk on his face. "No no, she's my girlfriend now. That's what she thinks, so that's what it is."

       "It's not going to last," I said. "She will remember anything and when she does...."

       "If," Collin interrupted. "Amnesia could last for a long time, long enough for her to completely fall in love with me and forget about you."

       "I swear, you better drop the act," I said. "I've tried my best to hold back on my anger, but I am so close to snapping and beating the living shit out of you."

       "Dax," a voice suddenly said behind me. I turned around to see Isadora standing there. "Leave Collin alone, alright?"

       "Seriously?" I asked. "Collin isn't your boyfriend!"

       "No need to lie," Collin said. "Why would I tell her I was her boyfriend if I wasn't?"

       "That's a very long list why," I said.

       "I'm not a jerk," Collin said. "So stop making it seem like I am one."

       "Because you are!" I said.

       "Dax, seriously, what is your problem?" Isadora asked. "Collin is helping me regain my memory, so if anything, you should be thanking him, not acting like a douche bag." She then looked at Collin. "Let's go."

       Isadora turned to walk away and Collin gave me another smirk before wrapping his arm around Isadora's shoulder and walking away.

       We told you she never loved you. She never will.

       You've lost her. Just like you should.

       With shaky hands, I took my phone out of my pocket and unwrapped my earphones before plugging them into my ear and putting on the playlist Seb made. The voices had been a lot worse without Isadora being able to comfort me and now that she thought she was dating Collin, they were going to get a lot worse.

       She was taking his side over mine. Why couldn't she see him for who he truly was?

       I made my way to the English class and sat down in my normal spot beside Isadora. When the tardy bell rang, Mr. Garner stood at the front of the class and began teaching. However, he stopped in the middle of his lesson. "Collin," he said sharply. "Earphones out now. I've told you many times and next time, I will confiscate them."

       Isadora then raised her hand. "That's not fair, though," she said. "Dax is listening to music."

       Mr. Garner looked awfully confused that Isadora was defending Collin, but he didn't question it. He just ignored Isadora's comment before going back to teaching, which made Isadora scoff. I was really hating this. Isadora was acting like the complete opposite of who she truly was.

       She was not the girl I was in love with.

       And it was all because of the jackass Collin.

       I wanted to hurt him so bad.

       You should do it. You should hurt him.

       Do it. You've got nothing to lose.

       You already lost Isadora.

       I was going to take this anymore. I took my cell phone out of my pocket and texted Seb.

       Isadora raised her hand again. "Yes, Isadora?" Mr. Garner said.

       "How come Dax can be on his phone but Collin can't?" she asked.

       I couldn't take it anymore. I packed up my stuff and left the classroom without so much of a word. I went to Roger's office and knocked on the door. When he answered, I said, "Can you tell Mr. Garner that I went home?" I asked.

       "You couldn't have told him yourself?" Roger asked. "Did you just get up and leave in the middle of class?"

       "Well, I'm not just going to sit there and watch my girlfriend defend my enemy and call me out in the process," I said.

       Roger furrowed his eyebrows before gesturing for me to come inside his office. I did and sat on the chair across from his desk as he called Mr. Garner's class to tell him I was going to be heading home soon and I was just going to be staying in his office.

       When he got off the phone, he sat at his desk. "Why don't you tell me about this whole thing about your girlfriend taking your enemy's side?" he asked.

       "You know that Isadora is suffering from memory loss, right?" I asked and he nodded. "Well, Collin somehow found out and decided to take advantage of it and told her that he's her boyfriend. I tried convincing her otherwise but she's not believing me, and now she's taking his side over mine. She even told our English teacher that it's unfair how I can use my phone in class when Collin can't."

       "I see," Roger said. "Dax, as much as you're going to hate me for suggesting this, but it might be best if you stop trying to convince her otherwise."

       "Why?" I asked.

       "Before her memory loss, I know that she didn't particularity like Collin," Roger said. "If she were to keep being around him, it would help her gain her memory back by remembering why she doesn't like him."

       "So I just have to sit there and watch her get close with another guy that isn't me?" I asked.

       "I'm not telling you to just sit there," Roger said. "Continue treating her the way you did when you two were just best friends, because even then you should affection to each other. If Collin acts the way he normally does and you act the way you normally do, she will remember that she likes you and not him. Putting pressure and stress on her won't help."

       "And that's exactly why I told her that we were just best friends when she first asked me who I was," I said. "I guess you're right. But if Collin ever comes by the nurse's office with a bloody nose, just know that it most likely wasn't me."

       "No violence, Dax," Roger warned. "That's what he wants."

       "I know," I said. "Well, thanks for talking to me. I'm still going to head home but can you do me a favor? Make sure Isadora and Collin don't get too close? Break them apart if you have to. Please?"

       "Of course," Roger said. "I'll even tell them that a new 'No PDA' rule has been established."

       "Thanks," I said before leaving his office. 

       I still wanted to hurt Collin, but I wasn't going to. Now, I was going to have to suffer through however long it takes for Isadora to remember me.

________________

I don't normally promote violence, but feel free to give Collin a piece of your mind so Daxy-poo doesn't have to. But, make sure you hide any evidence. cx

It's a long weekend for me, BTW. There's no school on Monday, so I might get a few chapters up. It depends if I want to play Sims or not, which I did today. cx And tomorrow, the 22nd, I should get a chapter of Ryder the Love Expert up because May 22nd is Ryder's birthday. cx

Does anybody know Against The Current? If you do, I'll love you forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303K 10.7K 52
*this is a boyxboy story* *it's also an au. explanation will be in the first part* After a year of taking online classes, Nolan Prince is read...
194K 5.5K 29
***SEQUEL TO "I HATE YOU"*** Welcome back to Dylan and Zack's world. Zack is still the bad boy everyone loves, but now with a softer side made specia...
553K 19.6K 42
[BoyxBoy]/[ManxBoy] [Completed, but I do go back to edit it when I'm not lazy] Skylar Thas is known as a shy, anti-social, nerdy boy. He spends most...
34.3K 2.2K 8
*crossover of the Protector series and Smythe series* Sebastian Smythe had a rough time growing up. Many secrets were revealed to him and he r...