Surviving the Life Dax (Smyth...

By 3dream_writer3

*sequel to My Ex-Best Friend: The Bad Boy, but can be read as a stand alone* *cover made by weird_liv* ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 | Final Chapter
Crossover!
Bonus Chapter: Stop. Don't Talk to Me.
BONUS CHAPTER: Family Gatherings
Sequel

Chapter 26

7.9K 411 107
By 3dream_writer3

Chapter 26

       At the beginning of school, I found Isadora at our locker, grabbing her things for her first class. We started sharing my locker after we started dating because hers was so far from all of her classes and mine was closer.

       "Hey," I said, leaning against the locker beside it.

       Isadora just gave me a smile that seemed sort of sad. "Hey...."

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "Are you okay?" I asked.

       Isadora sighed. "Not really. It's my sister's birthday. Well, it would be, but....you know. I'm just not in a good mood today."

       I gave her a sympathetic smile and pulled her into a hug. "I'm sorry you lost her," I said softly. "I know what it feels like, believe me."

       "I know," she said, hugging me back. "Thanks."

       I pulled away from her. "I actually got something for you," I said.

       "What? Why?" she asked, looking very confused.

       I shrugged and pulled it out of my pocket, though I kept my hand enclosed around it so she couldn't see. "Seb and I went with Artemis to get her mom a birthday present, which is next week, and I saw this and thought you would like it."

       I opened my hand to show her the necklace I got her.

       "Dax," she said speechlessly. "It's beautiful. It must have cost you a fortune."

       "It wasn't too expensive," I said. "You're worth it, though."

       Isadora smiled genuinely, and there was no sadness behind it at all. "Can you put it on me?" she asked. I nodded, so she turned around and I attached the necklace around her neck. When she turned around again, she smiled even brighter and pulled me into a hug. "I love you, Dax."

       I was a bit shocked to hear that, but there was no doubt that I felt the same way. "I love you too," I said, right as the bell rang. "And now we have to go to class. How fun."

       Isadora pulled away and gave me an eye roll. "I know."

       "I'll walk you to class," I said. She smiled again, and I closed the locker after taking my notebooks out. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and we started walking to her first class. She had a science, and so did I, so they weren't too far from each other.

       Class went the same; boring and made me want to hit my head constantly on the desk. As soon as it ended, I packed up my stuff and headed over to Isadora's classroom. As soon as she walked out, I intertwined my hand in hers. 

       Our English class went by pretty fast since we basically just got into a class discussion for the whole period. When it was lunch, we went to the cafeteria and to our normal table to sit down. I pulled out my lunch and sighed once I saw what was in it. Seb really had to stop packing my lunch.

       I mean, I loved all of this chocolate and junk food, but I didn't want too much sugar for lunch. 

       "Your brother has an interesting taste in lunch," Isadora said, eyeing my food, mainly one of my chocolate bars.

       I chuckled and handed it over to her. "Here. I probably wouldn't eat all of this."

       Isadora smiled and kissed my cheek. "Thanks, Dax. You're the best."

       It wasn't long before Collin and his stupid friends approached our table. He hadn't talked to us for a long time, so I was hoping he got over being a jerk, but then I realized that he was related to my brother's ex, and she was a huge jerk.

       She even called Artemis a bitch who jumped from guy to guy just for dating Seb and she couldn't get over him.

       "What do you want, Collin?" Isadora asked in an annoyed tone.

       "Well, after you almost broke my nose, I did a lot of thinking," he said, his hands resting on the table as he leaned over. "And I came up with something. You're afraid of your feelings and I get that. After all, I am....well, words can't even describe how awesome I am."

       Isadora raised an eyebrow. "Actually, I...."

       "But things will just be easier when you admit your feelings," Collin continued. Okay, either he was doing this to be a jerk, or he had no idea that Isadora was my girlfriend, which would have made no sense because we kiss all the time.

       "Yeah, there are no feelings," Isadora said. "Are you doing this just for fun?"

        Collin snorted. "For fun? No, I do believe you have a thing for me, you just don't want to admit it. Why else would you punch me in the nose? You are deeply infatuated with me."

       "Are you actually being serious right now?" I asked.

       Collin looked at me and narrowed his eyes. "I wasn't talking to you."

       "No, but you were talking to my girlfriend," I said. "Either you're hitting on her just to piss me off more than you already have, or you're actually stupid enough to not know that Isadora and I have been dating for a long time now. Although, I'd probably go for the latter."

       "Shut up," Collin said. "I bet you anything your little relationship won't last that long."

       "Why is everyone so obsessed with my and Dax's relationship?" Isadora asked. "First my ex-friends, now you? Collin, I will never in a million years, even if we're the last two people on the planet, like you. I can never like someone who makes fun of schizophrenic people, which you do to Dax all the time. So if I were you, I'd leave right now before I let my other fist know how it feels against your nose."

       Collin left without another word, but he did wink at Isadora before doing so. I was about to stand up to say something to him, but Isadora gently gripped my arm. I almost immediately calmed down, but I still hated Collin.

       "Stupid people," I muttered under my breath.

       "Don't let them get to you," she said. "Wait....Are you doubting us lasting a long time?"

       "No, of course not," I said. "I'm just annoyed that both Collin and Asston were hitting on you when they knew you had a boyfriend. Well, I'm not sure if Collin knew because I doubt he has a brain, but still."

       "I agree about Collin not having a brain," Isadora said with a smile. "He's in our drama class and we have kissed in there a few times."

       "A lot of times."

       "Alright, a lot," Isadora said. "I don't doubt him not having a brain."

       "Great minds think alike," I said before kissing her cheek.

       When school ended, Isadora went to tell her dad that she was going to my place and she would be having dinner there. He let her, though I wouldn't have doubted it. I had to admit, I found it a tiny bit weird that my English teacher was my girlfriend's dad, but at least he thought I was good for his daughter.

       Seb picked us up and drove to the apartment. As soon as we got there, Skittles trotted over to me and barked happily, so I bent down to pet him. "Hey, Izzy, on the bright side, we now know that he doesn't hate you," I said.

       Isadora gave me a sort of forced smile before bending down to pet Skittles as well. "Yeah, I guess so...."

       "You okay?" I asked.

       "Yeah, I'm fine," she said. "It's just....Nothing, I'm fine."

       I didn't really believe her since I could tell when she was lying or hiding something, so I gently took her hand before leading her to my bedroom. I sat her down on the edge of my bed and I sat behind her. "So, you want to talk about it?" I asked.

       "About what?" she asked.

       "You might not want to talk about it, but....Why don't you tell me about this sister of yours?" I asked. "I know it's her birthday and you probably don't want to talk about it, but...."

       She shook her head. "No, I want to tell you about her. After all, you told me about your mom. My sister's name was Rosalia, but I called her Rosa. She was amazing. Even though she was quiet and reserved, she was always there to comfort me. If someone at school bothered me, she would talk to them, but not in a harmful way. In a way that would make them stop without them later bugging me that I had to get my big sister to stand up for me. She was a miracle worker. But as the years progressed, the hallucinations she was hearing and seeing was getting too much for her and she developed depression. And you know the rest."

       I put my arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to me. "I really wish I was better at comforting. I have no idea what to say at times...."

       "It's okay," she said, her arms wrapping around my waist as she leaned her head against my chest. "Just being in your embrace is good enough."

       I kissed her forehead before moving us over so we were laying on the bed. I kept my arms wrapped tightly around her and she kept her head on my chest. I ran one of my hands through her hair, which gave her a content smile on her face.

       "I'm glad I met you," she said. "You take most of my pain and numbness away."

       "Same with you," I said. "I've never met someone like you and I'm so happy you're in my life."

       Isadora lifted her head to smile at me, and I smiled back. "I love you, Dax."

       "I love you too," I said before she pressed her lips on mine.

___________________

Daxadora is so cute. cx

But you'll most likely (probably) not like the next chapter because I'm evil. cx It should be up tomorrow, Saturday May 21st.

Any predictions on what will happen? Like I said, you probably won't like it, so that's your hint. cx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 39K 45
*cover made by weird_liv* DISCLAIMER: This Sebastian Smythe is NOT the character from Glee. The names are a coincidence and I did not know about that...
188K 8.1K 19
** SEQUEL TO THE FEAR OF FALLING APART** I have never really thought of myself as a bad guy. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am certainly not the grea...
34.3K 2.2K 8
*crossover of the Protector series and Smythe series* Sebastian Smythe had a rough time growing up. Many secrets were revealed to him and he r...
10.3M 710 5
***Please note that this book has been taken down because it's been published, and you can see only the sample chapters of the published version. **...