In The Moment (GxG)

Av findinglove9499

One single moment is all it takes for Princess Alexandera 'Lexa' Müller to find her soul mate. That moment ju... Mer

Copyright Statement
two*
three•
four•
five•
six•
seven•
eight•
nine•
ten•
eleven•
twelve•
thirteen•
fourteen•
fifteen•
sixteen•
seventeen•
eighteen•
nineteen•
twenty•

one•

41.4K 921 411
Av findinglove9499

Lexa's POV:
January 30th 1945

"Lexa, Lexa wake up, come on, you need to wake up." I felt someone shaking me, god they wouldn't stop. Then finally my eyes opened and I looked around. Luna is sitting next to me, she must have been the one who was shaking me.

"Thank god, Lexa we need to go, now." Luna said trying to pull me off the ground. I couldn't move though. Pain is rippling through my body. I can't really pin point the source of my agony, but it felt like the pain was just going throughout my whole body in waves.

"I can't" I said. Speaking made pain shoot through my jaw. What the hell happened to me? Why can't I remember what happened to cause me this much pain. In the distance I can hear the air raid sirens and what sounds like explosions.

"Yes you can Alexandra, you must." Luna said and tried to move me again.

I screamed out in pain as she tried to move me. Luna stopped what she was doing and put me back down. She looked around and crouched closer to me when I heard a loud crack.

"Luna go, leave me." I said braving the pain.

"No Lexa, you are my responsibility." Luna said.

"Luna you need to go, save yourself." I pleaded through my pain.

"No, I'm sorry for this Lexa" Luna said and leaned down. She kissed my forehead then looked me in the eyes.

Black surrounded her blue irises and veins raised from her cheeks. She whispered I'm sorry into my ear before she bit down on my neck. Then everything went black and I was no longer in pain. 

***Present Day 73 years later***
Jenna's POV

Today's a new day. Today is the start of my new life. It's September 6th 2016, the start of my senior year in high school. After a rocky few years I'm finally here. Even though I'm at a new school in a different state, I'm getting a fresh start.

Restarting high school after a year of being out was hard. I wish I could have just skipped this last year, but because of my mothers persistence, here I am. When I suggested getting my GED, she almost had a heart attack. She declared that if I were to go to college with her support I would have to finish high school and get my diploma. So with an eye roll and a huff I got into the car with her to go to the school to register for classes.

But now today is the first day. The nerves and anxiety I have had about going back to school amplified and all I want to do is crawl back under my covers and not get out of bed. It's too late for that though because I'm already in the car being driven to school by my mother. My hands are on my knees, I'm afraid that if I take them off she'll see how much I'm shaking. That's the last thing I need right now.

I just need to get through this day and everything should be okay, my anxiety will go down, I'll be able to blend into the background and be a nobody till I graduate in June, at least that's what I hope will happen.

Mom stopping short in front of the school stopped my train of thought and I looked at her.

"Time to go, you know your way home right? I'm most likely going to be stuck at work late today." She said and she grabbed me my backpack from the backseat.

"Yea, I know how to get home." I said and took my backpack from her. She didn't say anything else but looked back out at the road waiting for me to get out of the car.

With a sigh I got out of the older model Jeep and closed the door behind me. The door was barely closed before she sped off down the road and left me standing in front of the school building. South Side High School is written in big letters on top of the electronic signboard that sits not to far from my feet. Different events are being broadcasted on it as I walked up the grass towards the doors. From the outside the school looks a bit older, the ivy is crawling up side of the bricked building almost reaching three quarters of the way up.

Many teens of different ages walk past me to go into the school. Most of them look excited at the prospect of starting the new school year. Others looked like they just got dragged out of bed and thrown out of their car. Most of the girls are catching up with there friends while some of the guys are throwing around a football. Those aspects of high school I don't miss. I don't think I could ever miss the jocks and preppy girls all together ruling the school.

Keeping my mouth shut and my head down I made my way inside the building and walked down the hallway. I have only been in here one other time and the principal showed me where my locker was. So I made my way there and put away the books I wasn't going to need till after lunch and made my way to my first period class.

When I got there I noticed that there were only two other people inside. I went for the desk that is closest to the door and sat down. After looking at my schedule again I realized that school doesn't start for another 10 minutes. I took a look around the classroom and saw two other girls in the room and the teacher. The girls don't look happy to be here and I can say the same for the teacher. He looks like he wants to go back to bed just as much as the other two girls.

I sighed just wanting this day to be over already. Finally more students stumble into the classroom and the bell rings. The class was boring, everybody seemed to know each other already and I felt like an outsider. The teacher, who's name I found out of be Mr. Quinn, barely taught anything. All he did was hand out a worksheet with all the things we were supposed to cover this year and a worksheet to see how much we really remember from our past school years.

That worksheet only took me a few minutes and when I was done I handed it in. A few people made some comments on how quickly I finished the sheet. I don't get why though; the only things on the sheet are basic math problems. You really have to be an idiot not to know what was going on.

Once I handed it in Mr. Quinn said I could use my phone if I wanted as I waited for the bell to ring. I thanked him and walked back to my desk. I turned my phone on and went into the Twitter app to look up my favorite band. It's been a while since I have been on the social media platform so I started to search my favorite bands to see what they have been up to and saw that most of them have come out with new music.

I spent most of the period downloading the new music. Before I could actually listen to the new music the speaker started to crackle and a teenage on the other end announced the start of the pledge of allegiance. I watched as everyone else stood for the pledge and raise their right hands and placed them over their hearts. Well almost everyone, one other girl in the back of the class did not stand up.

She is looking down at her phone not paying attention to anything else that is going on in the classroom. Her brown hair is hiding her face and all I want to do is move it behind her ear to see her face. I shook the thought from my mind as everyone sat back down. The teens continued to speak over the speaker and tell us the events of the week as the girl continues to look at her phone without a care in the world.

The announcements finished and everyone started to get their stuff together. I just pulled my headphones out of my backpack and plugged them into my phone. I waited until the bell rang before I hit shuffle and started my music. The first song that came on was Gloria by Laura Branigan. I just giggled to myself at the 1982 classic and hit next. The next song that came on made me smile. Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks came on as I looked at my schedule.

After finding the room number I needed to go to I started to walk in that direction. It didn't take me long to find the room and I took my seat closest to the door. The rest of my classes kind of followed this pattern. I took the closest desk to the door and listen to the teacher explain what we are going to learn this semester. When I got to lunch I just went to the library to eat. I sat at a desk in the back and ate my peanut butter sandwich while I listened to the new music I downloaded the few periods before.

When lunch was over the rest of my classes went the same as before. After school was over I locked away most of my books and I walked out of the building. I looked around at the parking lot and the street in front of the school but I couldn't find my mother's car. I sighed and looked at my phone. Right when I was about to put it away I got a text message from my mother. She's not going to be able to pick me up.

I started to play my music again and I walked towards the street. Looks like I'm walking. I didn't think my mother would be picking me up, but I held out hope that maybe, just maybe, she would get me on my first day back at school. But just like many times before this she let me down. This surely isn't the first and definitely won't be the last.

Picking up my head I walked past the electronic signboard again and looked both ways before crossing the street. Once I was across the street I retraced my steps from this mornings car ride with my mother. The walk home should take me about 15 minutes if I take a shortcut through an alley. I'm not to crazed about going through it but if I don't it will take me about 30 minutes to get home.

So I kept my head up and walked back the way I came. I was almost to the ally when I thought I heard a noise behind me. I muted my music and turned around. When I turned I didn't see anybody there, so I just ignored that feeling, started my music again and continued my walk. I got the mouth of the alley and started to walk through it. It's pretty long stretch in between two storefronts. I kept my head up and listened to my surroundings.

My paranoia started to come back when I heard footsteps behind me. I'm still pretty far from the other end of the alley and there is nowhere to hide here. I picked up my pace and stopped my music completely. As I picked up my pace I heard the footsteps start to get quicker behind me. Someone is definitely following me.

I swallowed my fear and made the decision to start to run. As long as I can get to the end of the alley I'll be on my street and people will be able to hear me. Just as I was about to make a run for it a man came out in front of me. He was hiding behind a dumpster and I didn't see him before. He looked me up and down before I turned around to make a run for it. But as I turned the man that was following me was right there, blocking my way out.

This isn't going to end well, not at all. There are two men here keeping me trapped. My anxiety started to rise as I tried to think of something that would get me out of this mess.

"A pretty blonde like yourself should know not to walk home alone. Let alone go through this alley by yourself." The man in front of me said, he was the one who has been following me.

"What do you want?" I asked wanting to get out of this alive.

"You" The man behind me said.

I closed my eyes and swallowed. This can't happen to me, not again. When I opened my eyes I saw the guy who followed me home start to walk towards me. My breathing started to get quicken as I backed way from him into the second man's waiting arms.

I fought against him as I felt like I couldn't breath, trying to get away. I tried to land an elbow into something important but the guy just held me back.

"HELP!!" I screamed as tears started to stream down my face.

"Shut up, you stupid bitch!" The guy in front of me said and slapped me across the face. This slap stung but I have felt worse. I kept struggling against the man that was holding me back. I wouldn't stop fighting.

"Hold her down Tony!" The guy who hit me said.

Tony kept trying to hold me back but I kept fighting against him. I'm not going down without a fight. My chest is killing me because I'm barely able to breath at this point but it doesn't matter. I need to get away from these men.

"Let me go!" I yelled again trying to get someone's attention. That earned me another slap and a punch to the gut.

Whatever air I had in me was lost and I was struggling to breath. My vision is getting spotty and I knew it wouldn't be long before I past out.

"Do it again Mark!" Tony yelled from behind me. Mark did want his buddy said and punched me again. I doubled over in pain and I almost hit the floor. Tony held me tight in his grasp though and wouldn't let me go.

I tried to keep fighting but I didn't have any energy left, no air in my lungs, and I was slipping into unconsciousness. It was then that I heard a loud bang. Tony held me tighter and swung me around.

"Let her go, now." I heard a woman said.

"And why should we do that?" I heard Mark say.

"Let her go and I'll let you live." The woman said again.

"You don't know who you are talking too little miss." Mark said and walked towards the girl who's standing on top of the now dented dumpster. Her hood is up and I can't really see her face.

Mark made a move to get closer to her but the girl jumped down off the dumpster and stared him in the eyes.

"Leave, now." The girl said again. This time Mark listened and started to walked away.

"Mark?!" Tony yelled from behind me.

"You should follow your friend and leave." The woman said.

Tony looked at the woman and then threw me to the floor before taking off down the alley. I used my hands to brace my fall as I took a deep breath getting air back into my lungs.

"Are you okay?" The woman said kneeing in front of me. I just nodded, not able to find my voice yet.

"Did they hurt you?" She asked again. My right hand went to my stomach and I flattened myself to the concrete.

My stomach is killing me and my right check is still stinging. The woman didn't say anything else so I thought she left me. But when I felt a pair of hands turning my face towards the sky I realized she was still here. She looked at my face but I can barely make out hers, the sun is shining directly in my eyes. She mumbled something under her breath and ran her thumb over my bruising cheek. A few seconds later I left myself get picked up off the ground.

My hands rested against my aching stomach as I felt the woman start walking somewhere. She didn't say anything but I couldn't ask her anything because by the time my mind wrapped around what just happened my eyes closed.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

424K 14.6K 35
Alex just wants to get through the last year of high school unnoticed and unbothered. And she almost does until she meets Bailey who continues to put...
123 8 8
two guys in school absolutely hate each other making each other's lives a hell hole but soon enough their bond becomes strong.
63.4K 2.8K 18
highest rank: #79 in historical fiction one princess, who happens to be lesbian. one love, who happens to be poor. one queen, the princess' mother, w...
323K 17.6K 24
Kaden turned out to be a rebel, always causing trouble in school, pulling pranks on her teachers, she's waiting to find her mate so she can take the...