Surviving the Life Dax (Smyth...

By 3dream_writer3

*sequel to My Ex-Best Friend: The Bad Boy, but can be read as a stand alone* *cover made by weird_liv* ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 | Final Chapter
Crossover!
Bonus Chapter: Stop. Don't Talk to Me.
BONUS CHAPTER: Family Gatherings
Sequel

Chapter 25

8.9K 459 173
By 3dream_writer3

Some of you wanted to see what the bridesmaid dress was, so that's what the picture is of. :)

*possible trigger warning*

Chapter 25

       "Do I have to go?" I whined.

       "Yes," Seb said. "But this is the last time you'll have to go for a while, since it's Artie's last time for a while."

       I sighed, pulling myself off of my bed before dragging my feet to the front door to put on my shoes. Seb just chuckled at my whiny attitude.

       The three of us left the apartment to go to the dojo. When we got there and Seb unlocked the door, I made my way to the bench and sat down, pulling out my cell phone. Seb didn't like leaving me at home anymore ever since he and Artemis went out of town and I decided to sneak off to the party and....yeah.

       In other words, he didn't trust me. Jerk.

       The kids started showing up and as soon as Gemma walked in, she ran over to Artemis. "Hi, Artemis!" she said. "You're my sister now!"

       Artemis smiled. "I am. Did you have fun being the flower girl?"

       "Yup!" Gemma said. "The dress was so pretty! And I get to keep it!"

       Once all the students arrived at it was time to start, a little girl raised her hand. "Sensei Artemis," she said. "Why aren't you wearing your gi?"

       "Well, we have an announcement," Artemis said. "Today is actually going to be my last time teaching you guys for a while."

       Half of the kids starting screaming while the other half started crying. Gemma was the only one who was just sitting there with wide eyes.

       "No no, only for a while," Artemis said, loud enough for them to hear. They calmed down a bit, but they still had tears in her eyes. 

       "But we love you!" one girl said. "You can't leave us!"

       "I'll pop in to visit and I might come along with Seb, but I won't be able to teach," she said. "Want to know why?" They all nodded. "Because Sebastian and I are going to have a baby."

       Those screaming and crying kids went from cheering and laughing, and a lot of them running over to Seb and began climbing him. I watched with a small smile on my face. Even though Seb normally had a short temper, he was always so good with kids.

       "Guys, stop climbing me," Seb said. "I know you guys are happy because you're happy about every little thing, but...."

       "Guess what, everyone?" Marcus suddenly interrupted. "They were married two days ago!"

       That only got the kids to cheer again. Most of the girls gave Artemis a group hug while the boys continued climbing Seb.

       Seb sighed and continued to let them do it.

       Something stood up from the corner of my eye, so I turned my head and looked out the window, seeing Isadora standing there. I got up from my spot and walked out of the dojo. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

       Isadora shrugged. "I was just going for a walk. I didn't know your brother taught here."

       "He owns the dojo," I said. "He and Artemis teach together."

       "Oh."

       Isadora and I hadn't really talked since the wedding. I think she saw a side of me she didn't want to see, and it was the side I didn't even want her seeing. I hated that violent side of me. I hated that I almost hurt Asston, no matter how big of an ass he was being.

       "Isadora, I'm sorry about what happened at the wedding," I said. "I just saw him touching you and you trying to push him away and I....I snapped. I didn't mean to and I didn't even want to hurt him."

       "Dax, it's fine," she said.

       "Then why haven't you talked to me?" I asked.

       Isadora sighed. "It's just....I know you were doing for a reason. You didn't just snap because you felt like it. But....I don't know, it just felt....weird, I guess, seeing you like that."

       "Trust me, it felt weird for me too," I said. "I've only physically hurt one other guy before and that was because I was in juvie with little to no contact with Seb and no music. I hate the thought of hurting other people and I would never do it on purpose."

       "I know," she said. "And that's what I like at you." She smiled at me before pressing her lips on mine for a short moment. 

       "Want to get out of here?" I asked. "Seb doesn't want me staying home alone while he and Artemis teaches, but I don't want to be stuck in there doing nothing."

       "Sure," she said.

       "Great, just let me tell Seb," I said. I went back inside the dojo, where Seb had started the class. "Seb."

       Seb looked at me. "Dude, don't interrupt the class."

       "Yeah, whatever," I said. "I'm going to hang out with Isadora. She's right outside."

       Almost all the kids looked outside. "Ooh, Dax has a girlfriend!" a boy said, which made them all to laugh. I sighed and shook my head. These little kids were obsessed with everyone else's relationships.

       Seb rolled his eyes at the little kids. "Okay. Be back home by six."

       "Got it," I said before walking out of the building. "So, where do you want to go?"

       "Anywhere," she said. "I just wanted to go for a walk."

       "Then we'll continue your walk," I said, intertwining my hand in hers. "Lead the way."

       Isadora smiled at me and led me to the park near the dojo for us to just walk around. Our walk was silent for a bit because there were times we didn't even have to say anything, but she spoke up. "There's been something that has been on my mind," she said. "And I was a bit....I guess you can say afraid to ask you, but....Why me?"

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?"

       "Why did you chose to date me?" she asked.

       "You're the one who asked me out," I reminded.

       "No, I mean, why do you like me?" she asked.

       "Why would you ask that?" I asked.

       Isadora sighed. "Well, because at my old school, I had never been liked by anyone. And the guy I liked for the longest time ended up dating one of my best friends, and he turned out to be this huge jerk. What's so special about me?"

       I stopped walking and turned to face her. "You want to know what makes your special?" I asked. "It's the fact that you don't judge people at all. You stand up for your friends and for what's right. You're always there to comfort me and I had never gotten so close to someone so fast. You're so kind and sweet and drop-dead gorgeous. There's a lot of things that make you special." I gently cupped her face in my hands. "Don't doubt it, okay? I like you so much and there's no reason for you to wonder why it's you I like."

       Isadora smiled at me. "Thanks, Dax. I really like you, too."

       "I kind of figured that."

       She rolled her eyes before she gave me a quick kiss. We then intertwined our hands again and decided to go back to my place to watch some movies.

       When we got there, I showed her where our movies were and she chose one while I refilled Skittles's food and water bowl. By the time I was finished, she chose a movie and put it into the DVD player.

       I got a bag of chips out and some soda before sitting down beside her on the couch. Not even a minute within the movie, Skittles jumped onto the couch, sat on my lap, and stared at Isadora. Like always.

       Isadora sighed. "I really think he hates me."

       "Trust me, he doesn't," Dax said. "I took him for a walk once and bumped into Collin and when Collin stared bitching at me, Skittles barked and growled at him. So whenever he sees Collin, he does that. If he hated you, he would be doing the same thing."

       "Then why does he keep staring at me?" she asked.

       "I really don't know," I said. "But I'm positive he doesn't hate you."

       "Whatever you say," she aid with a sigh before looking at the TV.

       A few minutes later, Skittles sat on the very tiny space between me and Isadora and started nudging her arm. Isadora looked confused, but she continued watching the movie. Skittles then barked, though not in an angry way, before he nudged her wrist. 

       Then Skittles bit the fabric of her sleeve and tugged on it, revealing her wrist.

       No. She didn't.

       Isadora quickly pulled her arm away and pulled her sleeve down, but it was too late. I saw it.

       "Isadora?" I asked quietly.

       "I don't want to talk about it," she said, knowing what I saw. Her voice cracked while she said that and I knew she was on the verge of tears, so I gently moved Skittles out of the way before scooting closer to her and wrapping my arms around her. She broke down just then, digging her face in my chest as she cried. "I can't help it. I just can't."

       I didn't know what to say, so I kept her in my embrace, rubbing her back. I was never to good at comforting people, not like Seb or Artemis or even Isadora. 

       The thing is, I've seen cuts like that before, and I couldn't even comfort Seb when I found out about them.

       "Why? I asked her.

       Isadora looked up at me, wiping her tears away. "Because I feel so numb inside. I may seem happy, but I'm not. My sister is dead and my ex-friends hurt me so much and I can't escape the feelings. I tried everything, Dax. I tried being happy, but I can't be."

       I gave her a sympathetic smile and pulled her back into me, kissing her forehead. "It's okay," I said. "I still feel numb inside too. Your sister passed away when you were fifteen, right?" She nodded. "That's how old I was when my mom passed away and I find it hard to be happy at times as well."

       "But you hide it so well," she said.

       "I know," I said. "Practice, I guess. But I've been a lot happier since I met you, you know. A lot happier. Look at me." She looked at me again and I wiped the tears away. "If you ever feel like cutting, call me. No matter what time it is, just call. I call you when I need help, so you call me. It's a two-way relationship."

       She nodded one more time. "Thank you, Dax," she said quietly. She rested her head on my chest before going back to watching the movie."

________________

I'm not even joking, I love those little kids that Seb and Artie teach. cx They're so cute.

Okay, I now need to rant about something off of Wattpad, so feel free to skip this. So, my 'best' friend told me earlier in the year that we'll go to our prom together and if we get asked, we'll say no. Well, yesterday, I found out that she's bringing her boyfriend to prom and he goes to a different school. The thing is, if you bring someone from another school, you have to fill out this form and it was due on Friday. Friday and I found out yesterday that she's bringing her boyfriend, so it's too late for me to bring someone outside of the school because I talk to nobody in the school. However, if I can, my brother who's a year younger will be coming with me so I'm not left alone like always. I get so pissed because my friend always pushes me to the back burner whenever someone else comes along. We went on this boat cruise and she basically ditched me for someone else. Now I can't wait to get out of high school. 21 days left. Yes, I'm counting.

All of that is why I love Wattpad so much. On here, I feel so welcomed and loved. :) You guys make it worth it on here. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80K 966 58
{EDITING PROCESS} *BOOK ONE OF TWO* When a high school student named Davina Smith faces her senior year after a tragedy in her family, suddenly finds...
310K 9.6K 29
COMPLETED, CURRENTLY EDITING/PARTIALLY REWRITING (please excuse the mess. Some of the plot is being changed so there might be a few areas that get co...
10.3M 710 5
***Please note that this book has been taken down because it's been published, and you can see only the sample chapters of the published version. **...
194K 5.5K 29
***SEQUEL TO "I HATE YOU"*** Welcome back to Dylan and Zack's world. Zack is still the bad boy everyone loves, but now with a softer side made specia...