Surviving the Life Dax (Smyth...

By 3dream_writer3

*sequel to My Ex-Best Friend: The Bad Boy, but can be read as a stand alone* *cover made by weird_liv* ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 | Final Chapter
Crossover!
Bonus Chapter: Stop. Don't Talk to Me.
BONUS CHAPTER: Family Gatherings
Sequel

Chapter 19

7.1K 427 128
By 3dream_writer3

Chapter 19

       "Are you going to be okay?" Seb asked as he leaned against the door frame of my bedroom.

       "I don't know," I said sarcastically. "Will you actually answer your phone when I call?"

       Seb sighed. "You're not still on that, are you?"

       "I just like teasing you."

       "Yeah, I figured that," Seb said. "Yes, I will answer when you call. And even if I don't, Artie will be with me so you can always call her and she'll put me one."

       "Got it," I said. "But I'm sure I'll be okay by myself. I've been doing better."

       Seb still stayed in my doorway, looking a bit reluctant. "Dax, I'm kind of weary of leaving you her by yourself."

       "Why? Because of what I did?" I asked.

       "Well....yeah."

       "Seb, I'll be fine," I said. "I hadn't been taking my medications when it happened, and I missed one doctor's appointment, so it happened. I'll be fine."

       "Okay," Seb said. "Artie and I have to leave now. We'll be back tomorrow morning."

       "Got it," I said before getting off my bed and hugging my brother. "I'll miss you."

       "I'll miss you too," he said, hugging me back. "Even though I'll only be gone for a night and you're quite annoying."

       "Like I said, being annoying is part of my personality," I said.

       Seb rolled his eyes. "I could tell. Call me if you need anything."

       "I will," I said before Seb walked out of my bedroom. A few seconds later, I heard the front door close. 

       I looked at my clock sitting on my nightstand. There was a few hours before the party, so I could probably relax for a bit before getting ready. And luckily for me, the party was less than a five minute walk from my apartment.

       Did I feel guilty for defying my brother and going to the party anyway?

       Not really. I mean, there was nothing wrong with me going when he was out of town. I could take care of myself and it wasn't like I was going to do anything dangerous. Besides, I was going to be with Isadora the whole time.

       I ended up taking a long nap before I had to get ready. Isadora was going to meet me at the front of my apartment and we were going to walk to the party together.

       It didn't take me too long to get ready. When I was, I looked at the time. Isadora should be at the front by now.

       She was. And damn, she looked gorgeous. I mean, she always looked gorgeous, but there wa s something about her that made her glow even more than she normally did. "Hey," she said. "So, exactly what time do you have to be back?"

       "Any time," I lied. She didn't exactly know that Seb told me not to go because if she did, she would probably say she wouldn't go as well, and I actually wanted to go.

       We walked to the party, hearing the music playing from a minute away. I was surprised there wasn't complaints about the noise already.

       Isadora and I walked in and it was already very crowded. I immediately intertwined my hand in hers so we wouldn't lose each other.

       Almost immediately after we walked in, someone said her name. We turned around, seeing Odette and the boy she was dating. Odette had her arm around his waist and his arm was around her shoulder.

       "You remember, Ashton, right?" Odette asked.

       "I do," Isadora said.

       "And I see you are still with Jax," Odette said.

       "It's Dax," Isadora corrected.

       "Same thing," Odette said. "I never thought you two would stay together this long. It's shocking."

       I rolled my eyes. "And I never though you would stay a bitch for this long," I shot back. "Then again, it's not that shocking."

       Odette's jaw dropped in shock as her boyfriend's face twisted in anger. "What did you just call my girlfriend?" he demanded.

       "Do you really want me to repeat it again?" I asked. "Because I think you heard me."

       "You better apologize to her," Ashton said, as if me apologizing would make a difference.

       It really wouldn't.

       "Fine," I said. "Odette, I am sorry that you are such a bitch. There, happy?"

       "Say it one more time, I dare you," Ashton said threateningly.

       "Dax, just drop it," Isadora said softly.

       "But...."

       "Please?" she asked.

       I sighed and walked away from Odette and Ashton, pulling Isadora with me. When we were away from them, I looked at her. "Sorry about that," I said. "I know they're really none of my business, but they're just really annoying."

       "I know," she said. "But we can't do anything about that. Calling them names and arguing with them won't change the way they act. Believe me. But, let's just ignore them. We came to have fun and let loose, not worry about them."

       "You are absolutely right," I said, throwing my arm around her. "So let's have fun."

       And that was what we did. Isadora and I stuck together the whole time, dancing, talking, admittedly drinking.

       And we may have drank a bit too much. I was starting to feel a bit tipsy, but that didn't stop me from drinking. I couldn't help it at times. Drinking helped me forget about all my problems and the voices never came when I was drinking.

       Soon enough, I felt like I had a bit too much to drink. Same with Isadora. "What time is it?" Isadora asked, her words slurring a bit.

       "Uh...." I looked at a clock hanging on the wall. "Well, the small hand is on the....eleven. And the big hand....I think it's on the thirteen."

       Isadora looked at the clock. "There is no thirteen."

       "Right. I meant twelve."

       "Oh," she said. "I'm tired."

       "Me too."

       "I can't go home, though," she said. "My dad told me not to drink and I think I drank a lot. Like, a lot."

       "You can come to my house," I said. "Seb and Artie aren't home."

       "Okay."

       We made our way out of the house, which was a bit of a struggle because I could barely walk straight. Luckily my house wasn't far at all.

       We got to my apartment and it took me a long time to unlock my door. I kept dropping my keys, which only made me laugh. I was a klutz.

       When the door was opened, we stepped inside and I locked the door behind me. Isadora started laughing, but I shushed her. "You can't wake Skittles," I said quietly as we took off our shoes.

       Isadora furrowed her eyebrows. "Dax, candy doesn't sleep."

       "Not candy, my dog," I said. "Don't wake him up."

       "Ohhhh," she said slowly before giggling. "He sounds like candy."

       "I know," I said with a smile. I then took her hand in mine and led her to my bedroom. I flopped down on my bed and she climbed in beside me. "That was a fun party."

       "Yeah," she agreed. "Besides those bitches. I really hate Odette. She's, like, the queen bitch."

       "I know," I said. "She's annoying. And the Asston."

       Isadora giggled. "It's Ashton. But he's a jerk too. I'm happy I'm over him."

       "I'm happy you're over him," I said. I didn't mean for that to come out, but I didn't think she noticed.

       "I'm happy I moved schools," she said. "I had to get away from everything and I met you, so it makes it better. Besides, I don't have to see Odette's stupid face."

       "It really is stupid."

       Isadora propped herself up on her elbow, laying on her side. "They were sucky friends. They didn't even comfort me when my sister died."

       "You should have kicked them to the curb."

       "I wish, but I don't think I can kick them that far," she said with a frown. "It's okay, though. It's in the past."

       "I hate the past."

       "Me too. Well, most of it."

       "What parts do you like?"

       "The basketball game," she said. "Remember what happened there?"

       "Yeah. We kissed."

       "I want it to happen again."

       "Me too."

       We stared at each other for a bit before we both leaned in, our lips pressing softly against each other. My hand reached up and rested on her cheek as we kissed slowly. But with every passing second, the kiss was growing more passionate.

       Without breaking the kiss, Isadora sat on my lap, straddling my hips. Her hands rested on the crook of my neck as she kissed me more passionately than I had ever been kissed before. Then again, it was technically my third kiss, so....

       Isadora pulled away for a bit, giving me a cheeky smile. "I liked that."

       "Me too." 

       She smiled again and leaned down, pressing her lips on mine again. She gently bit my bottom lip, opening her mouth up to me. 

       I rolled us over so she was laying on the bed with me hovering over her. I continued to kiss her like I've wanted to kiss her the whole time; with passion and intensity.

       Her hands wrapped around my neck, pulling me as close as we could be. My lips moved away from hers and went to her neck, pressing soft kisses onto it. She giggled at that. God, she had such a beautiful giggle.

       Her hands cupped my face and moved my lips back to hers. My hands slowly moved down her body, resting on her waist. My fingers toyed with the end of her shirt and it wasn't long before she pulled away to pull it over her head. When it was off, she pulled my shirt over my head, giving me yet another smile before our lips connected again.

       I kissed her with even more intensity and passion. Her nails dug into my back and it felt amazing. Kissing her was amazing.

       And we didn't stop there.

_____________

Yes, they, as Dax would put it, did the frickle frackles. cx

So in My Ex-Best Friend, Seb and Artie kissed on the 19th chapter. And in this book, Dax and Isadora did the frickle frackles on the 19th chapter. cx

Okay, chapter 20 might, might, come in about an hour, depending if I could write fast enough. If it doesn't, I'm sorry, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow (Wednesday) to get it. cx

Daxadora!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 93 14
book delays are likely and i do apologise!! Disclaimer: Please read all Trigger Warnings before beginning the book - I would appreciate it if haters...
7.6M 410 5
***Please note that this book has been taken down because it's been published and only the sample chapters of the published version are available on...
1M 39K 45
*cover made by weird_liv* DISCLAIMER: This Sebastian Smythe is NOT the character from Glee. The names are a coincidence and I did not know about that...
4.1K 23 57
Previously titled Could've Been Warning**this does contain some strong language and mild sexual content** 17 year old Kelsie Cole was your classic g...