The Chase. ( REVISING)(Urban)

By Jaee_101

Zaria is young girl with big dreams. Beginning her senior year in high school, she has to balance graduation... More

Cast Call.
My Typical Morning
The Day Goes On.
The Day Goes On Pt.2
"Relationship Status" P.1
Meet up.
Relationship Status Pt.2
Relationship Status Pt.3
FML
After The Fact .
After School Ends
Where Did You Come from? (Just Dewayne's Pov)
Friends Pt. I
Friends (Part II)
New Beginning
Fired?
It's Over
It's Over (Part II)
The Name Game.
Run Away .
Run Away Pt.II
F.R.I.E.N.D.S
A Small Piece Of Rebellion
Z's Rebellion
Fairy Godmother.
Suspicious Behavior
Making It Official Pt.1
Strike One
Suspicions
I Got Chu
Reunited (Making It Official Pt2)
Mall and Chill (Dewayne's Pov)
A New Outlook
Click Out
Caught
The Invite
Dinner?
Crunch Time
Busted
What Happens now?
Reconcile
The Dilemma.
First Day on the Job
Ugly Truths.
A/N (Not an Update)
Business And Such.
Date Night Pt.I
Startin Somethin' (Date Night Part II)
Before I Release This New Update..
Old Ties, Chilling Reconnections
Old Ties, Chilling Reconnections (Part II)
Guess Who? (Pt I)
Guess Who (Part II)
Conclusion to the Beginning.
Conclusion to the Beginning Pt.II
A Slight Shift
Trying Again
Trying Again Pt. II
Let's Go
Old Memories Equals New Ideas
The Start of Big Things
Start of Big Things Pt.2
Catch up
Catch Up Pt.2
Game Day
I'm Glad You Came
Whoa.
Calculations
Calculations Pt.2
NEW NEW (A/N)
Out My House!
I'm Right Here
The Day Off Pt. 1
Meanwhile...
A Simple Conversation
What Goes Around...On the Other Side
Pressed
So About Tonight...
Something About The Night (Pt.1)
A/N & Face Reveal
Something About The Night (Pt.2)
Back to the Norm

The Preparation

51.3K 1.5K 649
By Jaee_101

(Hayley in the media)

"That moment when you are falling someone, it seems as almost everything pales in comparison

When you are crushing to the point where that person crosses you're mind uncontrollably, you are a goner.

Not because of the fact that you're crushing, in fact you're feelings will continue to fall way deeper than that especially if you are choosing to interact with that person;

It intensifies the feelings even more, making you close if you haven't already fallen deeply in love

The first step to even getting the opportunity to embrace the emotions you are experiencing;

Like it or not no matter how hard you may try, if you are feeling something to the extent in which you can no longer control it,

The feelings you are trying so hard to compress will tell find someway to make themselves known,

And you'll eventually have to choose to act on those feelings , anyway "

-Skylarrj

——————————————————

Dewayne's Pov

I looked between Zaria and Ms. Evans. Ironically, she actually didn't fit the mental description I had in my head, she a lot younger.

She was an attractive woman for sure and I could tell that she could be stern. But she still seemed like she could be cool. Hell with all the stuff she was doing to help Zaria, I already had a respect for her.

"Just dropping Zaria off so she wouldn't be late." I said politely shaking Ms. Evans outstretched hand.

She took a quick glance at Z before turning back at me "Interesting. Thank you, for bring her, it is greatly appreciated. " She said genuinely .

I nodded and looked down at Zaria. She was playing with her fingers trying to hide her face, I figured she was probably blushing.

"What's you name son?" Ms. Evans question making me look back up .

I'd mean prefer to be called Zaria's boyfriend, her nigga, daddy... "Dewayne ." I said simply ,  holding back a smirk.

"Nice to finally put a name with a face." Hayley said cheesing hella hard.

She talked about me at work , interesting. I mean it could very possible, since me and Zaria had talked while she was at work . Then it hit me, the reason why she was so nervous. I can't lie this entire experience currently was just stroking my ego . And there was no way I was gonna let this moment go.

I'm not gonna lie, I enjoy messing with Zaria. But I didn't want her to feel totally uncomofrtable. So,  I moved my hand down to hers unlacing her fingers, befoee covering her hand with mines. Interlacing our fingers I gave hers hand a gentle squeeze. She looked up at me and I swear once again for the 100th time today, I fought against the urge to lean down and kiss her. She is gonna drive me crazy I swear.

I cleared my throat, "I gotta get outta here and head to practice ." I said looking down at her with a small smile gracing my lips.

She nodded , "Okay. Thanks for bringing me. And tell Tre and Dev I said hi." She said softly.

"Alright. And aye just to let you know, we all supposed to be chilling after practice, so I'll be back to pick you up. " As soon as I said the words,  knew Zaria was probably gonna have a reaction .

And as if on cue her face changed to confusion.

"Wha-" She began confused.

"I'll see you later babygirl." I said before pulling her into a tight embrace. I leaned down and kissed her cheek, knowing she probably was gonna blow up my phone asking questions .

I looked up and saw Ms. Evans looking at us with a hidden smile and Hayley beaming at Zaria.

'It was nice meeting you. " I said to them, shaking Ms. Evans hands.

She looked like she was about to explode from happiness. I can already tell they gone question Zaria when I leave.

"You too." Ms. Evans said smiling.

'Bye Dewayne ." Hayley called out while heading towards the back.

'Wait Dewayne where are we going?" She asked finally.

I smirked, "Bye."

I played like I was walking out she smacked her lips tryna catch up to me, "I'm so serious man stop playing " she said pouting .

I pinched her cheeks not able to hold in my laugh . "You'll be alright . Some of best things in life are best left unexplained." I said chuckling before walking away .

I think she expected to stop walking and turn around and explain stuff to her . I walked out the building knowing that Zaria would probably be blowing up my phone later .

But it's cool I'm looking forward to it . Damn bro I like this girl way too much ...

Zaria's Pov

I know this nigga did not leave me here with these crazy ass people. -__- I know for a fact Hayley is going to interrogate me . That's exactly why I didn't want her to be anywhere around when Dewayne insisted on dropping me off. I smiled awkwardly and spoke .

"Heeey guys, so yea, I'm just um head up to my office . " I said awkwardly..while inching towards the hallway. The sooner I head up to the elevator the better.

"Not so fast. " Ms. Evans said calming, with a playful look in her eyes. "So that's your 'friend' huh? "

"Best friend , apparently ." Hayley added in quickly , cheesing hard as hell.

I really can't stand her right now. "Yes. " I said simply.

"For 'best friends' y'all surely seem like something way more than that. " Ms. Evans said evenly., "But I'm just going to put this out there. I hope you know that out of us, him and all the of the individuals that have seen y'all together , you are the only one who actually believes y'all are just best friends. "

I smacked my lips, "Come on guys. "

"We all see it especially how he just was around you. He likes you a lot, and the sooner you embrace that fact the better. " Ms. Evan replied.

"But it's more than that Zaria , " Hayley began thoughtfully, "You make an amazing couple. And I am quite sure you like him too, just based on how nervous you get around him. -

"I'm going to bet that probably is the same young man that your sometimes on the phone with during hours, isn't it?"

Wait a minute how did..-

"I know everything hun. That's my job as boss." Ms. Evans said nonchalantly .

Well okay.

"Guys we are just cool. It's not happening ." I said brushing them off.

"Girrrrrll please, I bet that's your future husband you are standing in the way of y'all's happiness. That and this low self-esteem that w have to work on." Hayley said beaming at me.

"You are something else." I said shaking my head.

"It's okay Hayley . We'll go ahead and drop it for now. Being that we have a lot of stuff that we are trying to get done . Matter of fact go ahead Zaria and head up to your office to get started . That way you'll be able to go on that 'hot date ' later." Ms. Evans said with that damn cheeky grin of hers.

I swear she and Hayley can just blind me with the pettiness sometimes but, I kinda brought on myself. I shoulda just drove myself to work . Nonetheless, I took the elevator up to the floor with my office on it . I had already gotten used to the routine of walking past the other 6 people in my section, to get to my office in the corner .

Even though Ms. Evans was a very successful businesswoman and has a great reputation amongst the fashion industry , she definitely didn't have the largest work force. In fact , in this office specifically, she has a little less 50 people working here. And that it self was for a few reasons . First she had worked under other major fashion magazines and designers for so long , she finally wanted to branch out and explore her own path creatively . So it hasn't quite reached the caliber of like a Vogue , or a Essence .Secondly , with her working in major companies such as those definitely influenced her wanting a small work force . She always says , " No need for major work force full of people who don't truly belief in the movement of the company. Everyone here should want to here . Plus if you have a specialist or a pro in the office, why have all the unnecessary weight? Quality does not come in quantity . "  I actually agree with the sediment.

There were only 6 people in the same section as me , and they were always hard at work , from the time they got there till the time they left. It sort of sets the tone for me, because of how high standards are.  But today I would be over the top busy .

I exhaled once I was seated at my office desk, and I logged into to everything while setting out everything for the meetings later today . More specifically in a few hours.

Today was of those series of important days when it came down to the fashion industry.  We are gearing up to release a new collection. And to make things even more special some of the signature designs for the collection were my own sketches. Ms. Evans was really serious about putting me to work. I had been working with the other designers and clothing manufacturing engineers . So half of the work was done.

But there was definitely more to come, the book with all the sketches and other designs aka the look-book needed to be finalized for the meeting. Which was my job, to oversee the book take in the other editors, (as well as Ms. Evans revisions )  and get them printed . But since I was also a designer I would have to bring the physical garments I had sewn ,along  with my sketches, and most importantly help sell the overall collection to everyone in the meeting room .

As much as I wish we could just release our stuff, since we aren't that big of a company yet, we rely heavily on people to help distribute our products in their stores. So we had to convince owners of stores to have our stuff on display for customers, as well as negotiate manufacturing plans. I know sounds amazing huh ? Ha...not .

I'm just playing even though I don't like the idea of having to speak out loud during these meetings, I rather just be behind the scenes . And I actually like working here, even with all the stress . It's sad to think about the fact that some people wake you everyday and go a job they can't stand, rather than getting a job for a career that they are passionate about.

I looked at the clock seeing that I only had about 2 hours before I had the first meeting. Time to get this work.

- about a hour later-

I was humming a song in my head, while working. There was over 300 pages in this book, and after revising and re-revising I was finally on my way to being finished . I zoned out completely, until I heard a soft knock on the door.

"Come in." I said still typing away.

"Heey love." Hayley said happily as she marched in with her usual, coffee cups and snacks .

"Hi Hayley."  I said still focusing on my screen.

She sat her stuff down on the table before taking a seat in chair right next to my desk. I was so focused a didn't even hear what she said.

"Huh?" I said finally looking up at her.

"I just asked what are you working on?" She replied simply.

"Oh nothing just finalizing the look-book for this meeting."  I said absently.

"I heard that book was had like 400 pages alone. " Hayley said incredulously.

"There isn't that many it's only 300. " I said matter-of-factly.

"Oh because that's such a difference. " She said with a straight face making me laugh.

"Hey it can be when you having to type and edit the shit." I said exasperated.

"YOU DIDN'T TYPE ALL THIS DID YOU?" Hayley whispered.

"No of course not . Designers all typed sections of the book but I was over the going through with editors one last time to make sure everything is fine.  " I said while saving the document so that I could go print .

"You know I never actually got to see the reviews for this collection. But I know it has to be amazing since you are going to have your own designs featured. " She said excited.

"Thanks. I must say, I didn't think I would get put on the spot like this ."  I said , finally turning away from my screen and facing her.

" I could have told you that. Ms. Evans really has a lot invested in you and your talent. You are like a great asset to the company. I hope everything goes well in these meetings , because those people can be assholes." Hayley replied then frowned towards the end.

Damn, this definitely isn't doing shit for my nerves. I took one of the snacks off the table .

" Girl don't worry you'll be fine. That's why I came here a little early.  I wanted to prepare you for what is yet to come. When the meetings start, don't let your nervousness seep through. Stand firm in your work be proud of your hard work . You might find in meetings it is easy to be set out in the background and get lost in the flow of the conversation. And most importantly sell your clothing line, to them. Since they are the people who are issuing your clothes out to the world. If you do those things and be yourself , you're going to be great. "Hayley instructed to me seriously.

I nodded, "I'll be sure to keep that in mind. I'm finna go get the copies, wanna come with? I need hep carrying "

She nodded and with that we walked down the hall with me to get these copies. I really hope this meeting goes well considering the fact, this is a stepping stone to a major business move. But I have a bad feeling that, this won't go as good as we all are hoping it would.

Let's just hope I'm tripping.

_________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 80 21
Zariah is tired. Tired of always being used and tossed aside when the men are done with her. She wants a happily ever after like in the fairytales he...
49K 1.2K 42
𝒲𝑒'𝓋𝑒 π’Άπ“π“Œπ’Άπ“Žπ“ˆ 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 π“ˆπ‘œ π‘”π‘œπ‘œπ’Ή 𝒢𝓉 𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓉𝑒𝓃𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔. β™‘β™‘ 𝐍𝐒𝐜𝐑𝐨π₯𝐚𝐬 π†π«πšπ²π¬π¨π§ grew up with the finest things money coul...
87 19 11
Troy Myers has known Steven Moran since they were kids in elementary school. However, the two part ways when they graduate, and she doesn't see him a...
598 10 11
Na'Zari Lani Blackson, a 19-year-old college freshman from Tampa, Florida, still resides with her mother, stepfather, and younger siblings. She leads...