If We'd Never Met

By phenomxironeagle

Short stories/drabbles about AlyDen. :) More

If We'd Never Met
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
twenty nine.
thirty.
thirty one.
thirty two.
thirty three.
thirty four.
thirty five.
thirty six.
thirty seven.
thirty eight.
thirty nine.
forty.
forty one.
forty two.
forty three.
forty four.
forty five.
forty six.
Announcement.
forty seven // plotless.
forty eight.
forty nine.
JeDean.

twenty five.

5.5K 131 0
By phenomxironeagle

Italics = Dennise's POV
Bold = Alyssa's POV

--

"From now on you'll have after school detention for the rest of the month. Got it?" Ms. P asked.

"Yes, ma'am." I answered with a smirk.

"Your detention starts tomorrow. You'll come here and stay for an hour." Ms. P said.

"Alright."

"You may go now."

I get out of the class still smirking. Well, I've been skipping my Physics class for almost a week now. Wala lang, I just lost all my motivation knowing na we only have a month left before graduation.

And that's another reason why I agreed to that after school detention, I only have 1 month left and I don't like going home early anyway, so might as well do it. Tsaka Ms. P and I are kind of chill with each other so I'm pretty sure it won't be that bad.

It's been a week since my after school detention started and so far it's been pretty good. Ms. P and I would talk about random stuff. Sometimes she would make me clean her lab tables or help her organize her files, sometimes I do my homework naman.

"I won't be here tomorrow." Ms. P said.

"So, I don't have detention tomorrow?" I asked.

"You wish. Someone's going to be here tomorrow."

"A sub?"

"You'll see."

"Why can't I just skip tomorrow's detention?" I asked.

"Tigilan mo ko, Valdez. Baka di ko ibigay diploma mo." Ms. P said and chuckled.

"Alright. Alright. I'm coming." I said.

Ms. P gave me a suspicious look, "Siguraduhin mo lang Valdez ha?"

"Ms. P naman. Ako pa ba?" I said and smirked, "I'll go ahead na. I'll see you tomorrow."

"You better be awake when you come in my class." Ms. P said.

"Hmm. I'll try." I said and before I left I heard her laugh.

--

Every after school I would come by and visit Ms. P she was my Bio teacher when I was in Sophomore and I'm hoping na I would get her as my Physics teacher next year on my Senior year.

Every time I visit Ms. P to chitchat with her she's always with this student, she told me that student is doing an after school detention. I didn't believe her at first. But then...

"Valdez." Ms. P called out.

"Yeah?" The girl answered, removing one of her earphones.

"You're here for after school detention for a month diba?" Ms. P asked.

The student just look at her, "Ms. P naman. Yes, I am. I ain't gonna ditch you."

"See? I told you." Ms. P told me.

Gusto ko sana itanong what the student did, but I don't want to be a chismosa so I just kept it in myself na lang even though it kinda bugs me.

A week after, Ms. P asked me if I could stay for an hour after school dahil she has a meeting to go to and kailangan niya ng mag-babantay dun sa student niya who has a month of detention to make sure na she didn't ditch it.

Good thing I was free that day and I was waiting for my lil sis since she have tutorial that day so I agreed.

Nag-usap lang kami ni Ms. P sandali then she left, I entered the classroom and there she is. Valdez, that's what Ms. P call her, she's laying down at one of the tables with her eyes close listening to music.

She was just like that the whole time and I was just doing my homework when I felt my phone vibrate. It's a text from my boyfriend saying that he's outside Ms. P's class.

"Babe." I called him.

"Hi babe." He said and kissed me on my cheeks.

We've been together since our freshmen year, I knew him since elementary but we've never been to the same class. I just know him because he plays basketball back then and until now.

"Let's go out. My parents aren't around today." LA said.

"Babe... I can't. Ms. P asked me to stay and I'm still waiting for Jus." I said.

"But babe," He said and take a look at the classroom, "Tulog naman na ata yung binabantayan mo eh. She wouldn't notice that you leave."

"I can't. Babalik si Ms. P dito after an hour. Maybe next time?" I asked.

LA frowned his eyebrows almost touching each other, "Fine." He said and left me before I can even say a word.

I just sighed and went back to the classroom, there I saw Valdez sitting on the edge of the lab table. Did she listen to our conversation?

"Hi." I greeted her and she just looked at me and gave me a small smile. Sungit.

--

I only have 2 weeks left for my after school detention, I only need to come to school next week for my graduation practice and detention which I don't mind cause I usually spend time alone.

Napadalas na rin yung pag punta nung dating student ni Ms. P dito sa klase niya and right now she's here again. Actually, kaming dalawa lang cause Ms. P has meeting again.

I'm laying down in the lab tables with my eyes close, music on, but I still heard footsteps going out. Nandito nanaman ata yung boyfriend niya.

It's been 5 minutes I think, based on the 2 songs I'm listening pero di pa rin siya bumabalik. Maybe she left, but I don't really care. When all of a sudden, I think I heard some arguing.

I took one of my earphones off and I was right, may nag-aaway nga.

"Let me go." I heard a girl said. Napakunot naman yung noo ko, so I stood up and check what's up.

There I saw the girl with her boyfriend. Yung boyfriend niya sobrang higpit ng pagkakahawak sakanya, that would leave a mark for sure.

"Stop! LA, ano ba!" She said.

"No! You're going with me! Puro ka next time, but you keep on ditching me!"

I can't stand watching something like this, so I speak up, "Let her go. Are you fucking deaf?"

He glared at me, "Wala kang pakialam. Stay out of this." And he started pulling the girl again.

I smirked and lumapit ako sakanya at tinulak siya causing him to let go of the girl. I stood in front of the girl blocking him from getting her.

"Ano ba! Wag ka mangialam dito!" He said.

"Just fucking go, asshole." I said.

"W-what? What did you just call me?" He asked kind of shocked pero mas visible pa rin yung galit sakanya.

"Uhh. That you're an asshole?" I said, "Want me to say it again, asshole?"

He just looked at me before he left. I smirked and face the girl who's behind me.

"Get inside." I told her and she did naman.

Once we're inside I grab Ms. P's box of tissue and gave it to her, hanggang ngayon umiiyak pa din siya.

"Thank you." She mumbled as she wipe her tears.

I pulled a chair so I could face her, I held her hand to see the swelling and she flinched, "Relax. I'm not gonna hurt you."

Her wrist and arms are swelling, nag-papasa na rin yung iba so I stood up and went through Ms. P's little fridge to get some ice.

I get three ziplock and filled it with some ice.

"Here put this two on both of your wrist." I said.

The other ziplock is for her arm, "Can I?"

She nodded yes and I put the ziplock by her arm, I took out my handkerchief so I could wrap it around.

"Thank you." She said once again.

I don't want to make it look like na nangingialam ako, pero I can't help but get curious.

"What happened?" I asked and from that moment I immediately regret opening my mouth, "You don't have to answer it."

"His parents aren't around. So... you know." She said, embarassed.

"Kids these days. Tsk tsk." I said and saw her smile.

"Bakit? You haven't done it?" She asked, "No. No. Sorry. That's too personal."

"I haven't." I said, "There's a right time for everything. You just have to wait."

"I know. That's why I keep on ditching him..." She admitted.

"Why not just tell him? Instead of making him feel like he would get some." I said and her face turned red.

"Cause it will be worse than what you saw earlier." She said.

"So, it happened before?" I asked and she nodded her head bowing down.

"Why stay with him?" I asked again.

"I love him."

Napapikit na lang ako sa sagot niya and sighed before answering her, "Katangahan na yang ginagawa mo. Di na pagmamahal yan."

I know it was kind of harsh to say that to her, but damn she's only a Junior and she's experiencing abuse from her asshole boyfriend. There's waaaaay too many guys out there that would treat her better than that.

She didn't answer, I checked the time and it was time for me to go so I just stood up and walk, "Thank you, Valdez."

"Alyssa." I said and left.

--

Since then Alyssa and I became close. Although it was unexpected knowing that the first time we talk about is... you know. But I'm glad that it happened.

It's her last week of school but she never fail to come by at her after school detention kahit wala naman siyang ginagawa. Unlike before she talks to me and Ms. P, iba siya the first time I saw her she maybe serious most of the time, but she would also joke around making me and Ms. P laugh our asses off.

I broke up with LA the day after the incident, Alyssa was right katangahan na yung ginagawa ko. LA didn't agree to it, but that day when he saw Alyssa coming towards our way he just said yes. Minsan he would bug me around but I would ignore him, pag alam niyang kasama ko si Alyssa which is most of the time he can't even come near me.

Alyssa usually drives me and my sister home, she keeps on saying na LA's probably waiting for us somewhere which can be true but I know she doesn't like going home to an empty house.

She doesn't like sharing things about herself, maliban na lang kay Ms. P. She's a very private person.

--

It's her graduation day and even though I have no plans of coming I still did. For her. I'm glad that I had the chance to meet and get to know her even if it's just a short period of time.

"Ly! Congratulations!" I said as soon as I saw her.

"Oh, bakit ka andito?" She asked completely ignoring what I just said.

"Ayaw mo ba?" I asked.

"Hindi naman. I was just surprised to see you here." She said, "Anyway, thanks Dennise." Then she hug me.

I was taken back by that hug. She's not affectionate, ni hindi ko nga siya malapitan. This was a first and I hugged her back.

"Thank you, Ly." I said after pulling away.

She just raised her eyebrow, confuse about what is happening which made me chuckle, "For saving my ass from LA, for driving me and my sister around. For letting me to get to know you even for a short period of time."

"Ang drama, Dennise." She said and chuckled, "This isn't goodbye. Sa tingin mo, I wouldn't bug you over the summer? I don't think so."

"Promise?" I asked.

"Promise." She said and offered her pinky, which made me chuckled and we swore on it.

--

I'm studying Business Management at Ateneo, it's been pretty tough but I know there's more to come. I took business management not because they want me to be like them, they're barely around. But because I want to take over our business or maybe have my own.

It's been a pretty busy year that I barely have time to go out. Except today. So I decided to go to my Alma Mater since it's been month since I've been there.

I went to Ms. P's room, when I heard her talking to someone then I heard my last name.

"Balita ko si Valdez may girlfriend na eh." Ms. P said and I smiled and shook my head.

"Iniissue mo nanaman ako, Bree." I said when I got it and smiled at her.

--

"Iniissue mo nanaman ako, Bree." I heard someone say and I turned around. It was Alyssa. This is the first time I see her after we spent time during the summer, it's almost a year na rin since the last time we see each other. My Senior is almost over that we barely do anything in class.

I have Ms. P as my Physics teacher and sa last period ko pa siya, so I get to stay in her room for as long as I can.

Anyway, this is the first time I ever heard someone call Ms. P by her first name, even her father don't call her by her first name in school.

"Alyssa Valdez." Ms. P said and she stood up and hugged Alyssa.

They pulled out from the hug and she looked at me, "Hi Den."

"H-hi, Ly." I said, wondering why the hell am I stuttering?!

"Ano tong sinasabi mo kay Den na may girlfriend na ko?" Alyssa asked as she sat next to me.

"Well, ayun ang nababalita tungkol sayo." Ms. P answered.

"Lies. I barely get out." Alyssa said, "Too busy at school."

"Nag-aaral ka na?!" Ms. P dramatically gasped and laughed after.

"Nag-aaral naman ako ah!" Alyssa said, "Depende sa mood."

And I chuckled then she looked at me, "How's life, Dennise?"

"O-okay naman. I-ikaw ba?" I asked.

"Pretty busy. You're graduating na. Got any school to go to?" She asked me.

"Uhh... yeah, I might go to USTe. I'm gonna take med." I said.

"Oh. Nice. Good for you. I'll swing by there if I had the chance." She said and smiled at me.

That same day she drove me and my sister home, they were talking the entire car ride. Jus is very fond of Alyssa because we don't have that closeness like they do. So I just sat here in the backseat because Jus immediately sat down as soon as Alyssa open her car.

"Ate Alyssa, punta ka sa graduation ni ate ha? Then join us for dinner." Jus said and I froze on my spot.

Alyssa looked through her rear mirror, she's looking at me as if she's asking for my approval. I nod and I saw her smile, "Of course. I'll be there."

As soon as we arrived our outside, Alyssa went out to open the door for us.

"Thank you, Ate Alyssa!" Jus said and hugged her, "Sana you could come by more often."

"I'll try. Sige na, go ahead. Madami ka pang gagawin diba?" Alyssa asked and Jus nodded, "I'll see you soon."

After Jus left, it was only me and Alyssa who's left and I'm standing there awkwardly. It was Alyssa who broke the silence.

"Hey, sorry. I haven't text or anything since summer." She said.

"It's alright. I know you're busy." I said.

"Yeah, it's been really busy. But I'll come to your graduation, if that's fine with you?"

"Oo naman. Jus would love to see you there."

"Wouldn't you?" She asked and looked at me.

"O-of course, I would love to see you there." I answered, "Uhmm. I'll go ahead na, Ly. Baka gabihin ka pa sa biyahe. Ingat ka ah."

"I will." She answered and I turned and I felt I got knocked out of the wind when she pulled my hand to face her and hugged me, "I missed you."

I hugged her back and closed my eyes, "I missed you too, Ly."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.4K 2.9K 38
ayon sa iba, Ang GREATEST LOVE raw ang hinding-hindi mo makakalimutan sa lahat. Ang GREATEST LOVE raw ang nagturo sayo kung paano totoong magmahal...
24K 168 25
When the Sexy surgeon Wandee Ronnakiat becomes involved with boxer Yeo Yak and their relationship develops from friends with benefits to something mo...
163K 5.1K 97
Two opposite worlds come together. How will they establish harmony after their initial encounter was unfavorable? Would you be open to befriending so...
1.5K 62 23
One school. Two groups. Eight students. With different personalities. Attitudes. And hidden feelings. But got to live in ONE HOUSE. This is BINI fanf...