Love Has Its Twisted Sense Of...

By HaileyQuinn21

This story follows a young girl named Hailey Quinn. The daughter of Harley Quinn. It is 8 years after her mot... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Today
Chapter 2: Broken
Chapter 4: Secrets Revealed
Chapter 5: Training
Chapter 6: Riddle Me This
Chapter 7: Scarlet
Chapter 8: Titan
Chapter 9: Joker
Chapter 10: Lily
Chapter 11: Escaping the Steel Mill Part 1
Chapter 12: Escaping the Steel Mill Part 2
Chapter 13: Joker's Plans
Chapter 14: To The Rescue Part 1
Chapter 15: To the Rescue Part 2
Chapter 16: Dad?
Chapter 17: This Is Where It Ends
Chapter 18: The Final Battle Part 1
Chapter 19: The Final Battle Part 2
Chapter 20: Floyd Lawton
Epilogue

Chapter 3: Forgive and Forget

350 10 1
By HaileyQuinn21

"Oh, you're awake!" Selena said walking into the living room. I stared down at my feet. Bruce entered the living room. "Hailey?" I didn't answer. My mind swirled at the thought of the two shadows. Tears burned in my eyes. I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Hailey? You need to go home, now. Okay?" Selena said to me. I nodded my head and stood up.

I picked up the scrapbook and picture frame, and followed Bruce out of the apartment complex. The limo was waiting outside. I climbed into my usual seat and found Tim on the other side. I got in without a word. I stared down at the picture in my hand. My mother's smile was so sweet and goofy, I just don't want to believe she's gone. It's been 8 years and I still don't want to believe it. It's just too hard to take in.

"Hey," Tim said looking out the window. "I'm sorry for what I said." I looked up at him. "It's fine," I sighed. "Did you mean it?" He looked over at me and raised an eyebrow. "Mean what?"

I looked back down at the picture in my hand. "Did you mean what you said? That if you were there you would've laughed too. . ."

I heard him take in a deep breath. "No, I didn't mean it. I was just jealous because it seems like Bruce likes you more, but I know he loves us equally." I sighed. "Thanks, Tim." He looked over at me and gave me a sympathetic smile.

"It must be hard for you," he said. "What?" I asked. "What you've been through all these years. You witnessed your mother's death, and I know that can't exactly go unforgotten easily. . ." he mumbled. "What surprises me is how you're always happy somehow, I can't seem to get over my parents, even though I've never really met them."

He looked back up at me. "What I'm getting at is you're a great little sister," he said ruffling my hair. Sometimes I almost forget Tim is older than me. He acts so childish sometimes (I can't say anything, either.) that I forget he's 15.

"Thanks, Tim. I'm glad I have such a great older brother," I said smiling. He returned the smile. The limo stopped and I assumed we were back at the manor. We climbed out and headed inside. I took the elevator upstairs and went into my room. I placed the scrapbook on my nightstand and stared up at the bottom of my canopy that hangs above my bed. My eyelids became heavy and I drifted off to sleep.

~Dream~

I was sitting in a cell. I clasped my tiny hands on the bars and cried out for help. Tears flooded from my eyes as I heard gun shots. Terrified, I ran from the bars and hid myself in the corner. "Hailey?" I heard someone yell. "Hailey? If you hear me say something!" The voice belonged to my mother. "Mommy!" I shouted. I heard rapid footsteps. My mother, Harley Quinn, arrived in front of my cell. She picked the lock and opened the door. I ran into her arms and she scooped me up. "I'm going to get you out of here, Hailey!" she told me. "I promise!"

Then, came the laughter. I knew what would happen next, but I didn't want to see it. I willed myself to wake up. WAKE UP! WAKE UP!

I shot awake. Sweat stained my forehead and pillow. I was breathing heavily. I placed my head in my hands and cried. I cried for what seemed like forever.

I wiped my eyes and looked up. I saw a girl in a wheelchair, with glasses, and red hair pulled back into a ponytail.

Barbara. . .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 16 20
This story is about a certain daughter that most people of the DC community have heard of. Lucy Quinzel is the daughter of the infamous Harley Quinn...
233 24 24
Ace is only five when she is a witness to her father's, (The Joker) death. However, his death was not an accident. Several years later- her mother, (...
45.7K 1.9K 16
harley and the joker are excited at the prospect of bringing a child into their dysfunctional world. an heir to their underworld throne. but when tra...
22.5K 352 19
This is Hannah Quinn. She is the daughter of Harley Quinn and The Joker. She is a villain. Well, work in progress.