Miles Per Hour 2

By YamiJaquez

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" ― Mario Andretti Living with Ralph now, the... More

Author's Note
Highway Gas
Pepper Spray
Plans
Tag-Team
Hacking Aid
Melvin Again
Old Friend
Fear Drives Speed
The Day of the Wedding
Uncertainty
Racing in Reality: Bullets per Second
Mansion Down
Family
Not ready to forgive
Landing in Thailand
Turning Point
Flare of love
A Joke
MIA Bound
External Freedom
Restriction
Flashbacks: Military Acad Days
Back To Druid Hills part 2
Hot & Dry, New Mexico
Dirty Business
Desperate
Ascension, Mexico
Conflicts
Eve's Crisis
La Sangre
Blood Runs Thick
High Hopes
No more dead Bodies
Near the Abyss
Rebellious yet Free
SunSet

Escape

77 3 0
By YamiJaquez

"Ready...one, two...three." I whisper, catching my breath as I push Eve in an upward direction so that she can reach the window and climb out. I takes all of my effort because god, she is heavy. From the window, a hint on light reaches down on the dark basement. It's like god put this window here just for us.  It must be early morning, just before sunrise.

I keep pushing Eve until I sense she is close to climbing out. Once I see she is out the window, I'm next to climb up. I use my Military Academy training abilities to climb up the tall wall to reach the window

"Grab my hands, Rosie." Eve says extending her hands as I struggle to climb. I reach for one of her hands as I place my foot on a box on the floor. I quickly pull my self up, with her help. But then as I reach up, I accidentally kick the box and it falls over creating a sound.

"Shit." I say as I crawl out the window, light burning my eyes. I don't even have to tell Eve; she knows we have to flee out of here. I stand up, from the cold and dusty concrete next to the window, and prepare my legs to literally run for my life.

We have no clue where to go and I have no weapon to protect us, which worries me. My instinct tells me to run straight obviously and we do so. We skulk around first before running. After that , we reach a familiar site; is the opening to the underground place where Triza told us they keep the humans and drugs. We stay hiding behind the trees to observe the movement going on.

"Rosie, lets go back to the gates. Our cars could still be there." Eve says, a hint of fear in her voice. However, I am closer than ever to finding Chris and Alice and I will not let this opportunity pass by.

"We will creep up on the guards. Can you fight?" I whisper to Eve who is in back of me. I look back at her and for the first time, I get to actually see her. She doesn't look very stable, her eyes show darkness and her face looks pale.

"Uhh...Well." Eve says in disbelief.

"I take that as a no." I say. "And are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah, I am running out of energy, but come on. We have to act quick." She says and I nod. I tell her my plan to trick the guards and knock them out. And so it happens, I sneak up on them, with a rock in my hand, since they are barely paying attention. Eve, eventhough she claims she can't fight, does the same. I walk up to the guard dressed as a regular civilian from the back, and hold his back as I kick him in the weak point in back of his knees.

As I do this I rapidly hit him in the head with a rock and take the gun he carries. Eve is having trouble so I throw the gun at the other guard's face, and then Eve hits him with the rock.

"Take his gun. Hurry!" I whisper as I pick up the gun I threw at the guard and run down the inclined, 'hill type', pavement way, to reach this underground place. Eve runs in back of me. As I run I charge my gun, Eve does too just in case.

I hate to do this, but if someone crosses my way, I'll have to use this bad boy. Seeing people die in front of me is something I'm getting used to. I don't find it pleasing, but finding Alice and Chris, is a mission I must complete.

As we run down this road type, we initially reach this garage type space, like those where you park many cars. There are some cars, and trucks parked inside this garage.

"What now?" Eve says as we walk behind walls. I ask her to cover my back as I walk. "Cover your back?"

"Yeah, like when you see me proceed, you automatically point your gun and walk in that 'cop' style. You know what I mean?" I say pointing my gun and acting out how I want her to cover me. Eve nods and starts imitating my moves."There ya go." I say once I see she understands.

"Let's proceed then." Eve says as I walk in front of her. "There has to be a place where they keep the drugs and prisoners like Triza said."  We walk for a few more, it's very dim lighting down here and it sort of looks like an abandoned subway place. There are tunnels, and the sound of dripping water is what's heard.

We keep walking and pass by a room with windows. There are three man staring at many screens of cameras.  We kneel under the windows and on my count, we prepare to shoot it up.

"We are going to die..." Eve whispers before we both stand up and shoot the glass broken. We also shoot down one of the men. We kneel back down as the two guards standing, start shooting back at us. Since Eve is not very experienced, I take over as I stand up and shoot and then I kneel again. The guards keep shooting.

I go full savage at one point and take Eve's gun and I use both guns as I tand up and shoot non-stop. Down they all go like little birds, however, I get shot in in the arm. The pain is surreal and I want to scream in pain. I instantly drop my gun and kneel. Eve quickly wants to help me, but I direct her to do something else.

"Eve, get in there and shut that shit down." I say, holding the upper part of my arm as the blood drains out. Eve quickly jumps inside the room through the broken glass. Of course, before she does, I mange to stand up, grab the gun and shoot at the guards a bit more, with my good arm,  to make sure they are dead for sure.

Eve finds away to shut every camera down quickly. She manages to steal some bullets and weapons from the dead guards as well. I take one machine gun that is heavy as hell, especially now that I am carrying it basically with one arm.

"Here, this will stop the bleeding." Eve says taking a layer of her shirt off and wrapping it around my shoulder. I've never been shot before, but this pain is crazy bad. It feels like something just burned my skin and at the same time a heavy object is piercing through it, nonstop. We hear movement coming from the entrance of this underground place.

"We have to find them." I say as I grab my machine gun and run. Eve makes her way to run in front me and find a set of hallways. In order to find out where they are, I grab my machine gun and I point it up. Though I know this is cause chaos and the guards will most likely find us, this is the only plan that come to my head as my arm screams in pain. I then shoot up, non stop for some seconds as I run past the brickmhalls screaming Chris's name. Eve is in back of me as we crouch inback of a wall and hear guards shoot back.

"You hear that?" Eve asks. "Rosie, that's Alice, I think." I am too busy paying attention to the pain coming from my arm to realize, in the far distance, that Alice has been calling my name along with other people screaming.

"It's coming from up there." I say, through the sound of the guards shooting. I gear up and give Eve a gun.

"We run forward, that's where the sound is coming from." Eve says and I nod. I find myself sweating like crazy and my heart rate escalating. I count down and then we run forward, away from the wall. I turn and cover Eve with the machine gun as we run through this dark tunnel. The screaming is getting louder and so are the gunshots.

Guards come up as I cover Eve and I shoot them all down, without thinking. Eve also does the same. We continue to do that before reaching jail cells. There is a big gate to enter this jail cell area and Eve and I shoot some guards and close the gate shut.

I walk inside the area and look at innocent girls and boys who suddenly all stop screaming as the gates shuts closed. I look at them all, all bundled up together, pleading to get put of there. "Rosie!" I hear Alice in a jail cell next to the one I'm in front of. I walk to her quickly as Eve shoots jail cell locks open. We have to act quick.

"Alice." I say as I hold out my hand to touch hers through the iron cell. There are all these other kids in the cell, all together like in the rest of the cells. I look at Alice for a second, she has a black eye and blood all over her face.

"Rosie, we have to find Chris." Alice says crying. It breaks me to see her like this.

"Where is he?" I say in shock as I step back and let Eve shoot the lock open. Alice is surprised to see her. My heart beat runs. Not finding Chris, makes me anxious.

"I don't know, they took him last night and...I don't know." Alice says as she comes out the cell and hugs me tight. I feel pain as I move my arm. "Oh no." Alice says as she touches my arm and sees her hand flooded with blood.

"We have to keep going." I say as I hand Alice a gun. Some of the older teens come out the crowd and show their commitment to fight back with us. I then turn and look around at all the other kids around us; tall, short, dark, white, young and old. They have now placed all their confidence in me and I know I cannot let them down like Sasha and Triza.

Some alarm goes off and the gate Eve and I closed, is starting to open; we must act quick. Alice leads us all through a long, narrow hallway that is across from the prison cells. I am sweating like crazy as I hold my gun and follow Alice. I totally forgot we were underground; the heat is unbearable down here. It's also hard to run with like 100 other people trying to run at the same time, but somehow, we manage to do it.

"Okay let's break up." Alice suggests as we reach the end of this hallway just to find more corridors going in all directions. A couple of the older kids come up and volunteer to be sort of leaders for the young ones. Eve stays with me as I separate from Alice to find myself running up this long, dark, and dreary corridor. I do not know where this will lead to, but once again I am in the same situation I will forever be in; someone's life, in this case multiple life's, hanging on to my sleeve. I promise myself as I run, that I won't let anything happen to them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 86.7K 41
Ranked #1 in Action, #1 Adventure, #2 in Sci Fi "Whatever you do, don't let your blood run cold." "And if it does?" "Run. Run like hell. Run away...
15K 255 11
Latitude: 40 degrees 6.80'n Longitude: 172 degrees 23.84'w Location: Pacific Ocean "This is agent Leland Turbo, I have a flash transmission for Finn...
404K 9.1K 29
Growing up in a face-paced life, Rosalie idolizes her brother and wants to be just like him, even if that means learning to become a street racer. I...
310K 9.6K 29
COMPLETED, CURRENTLY EDITING/PARTIALLY REWRITING (please excuse the mess. Some of the plot is being changed so there might be a few areas that get co...