Break Her

By necieelder

Riley Green, the extroverted, optimistic teen that hides behind her smile, faces Grayson, the annoying, egoti... More

Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Two (Part 2)
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Grayson's Letter To Riley
Chapter Forty-Three
PLEASE READ!
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Update!!
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty

Chapter One

13.4K 340 114
By necieelder

Break Her 

by Necieelder

                  Six o'clock a.m sang on my alarm clock in a bright shade of annoying red. My hand wavered between various shirts, and jeans, and weird fabrics that I haven't worn since last year. "What to wear.. what to wear.." I say scanning through my closet. It was my first day of junior year at a new high school, and I was not about to look ugly. First impressions matter most.

            I hardly got any sleep last night... and somehow, that happens every year. I end up picking out my outfit and then I cant get back to sleep and so I just wait for the sun to come up. 

Anyways, I pick out a nice graphic tee and some dark jeans with a hoodie to top it off. I hated showing off my body.

I quickly place my school outift neatly on my bathroom sink then race over to my bucket list.

"Smile at people.. seems easy enough. Be nice to people.. thats gonna be hard. Be confident.. easy. Smell good.. easy. Pay attention in class, hard. Make a good first impression, easy.." I say to myself.

I didnt know anyone because I switched schools and im now going here for the new school year, I needed to make some friends.

This was gonna be hard. I look over at the clock and it read 6 : 45. I had to get to school by seven twenty if I wanted to know which class to go too. And plus, I needed to get directions to my classes. So I needed to get to school at around seven ten.

I sigh before hopping up and getting into the shower. After I got out, I whipped the fog off my mirror. My body stood before me.

I scanned it over in a disapproving glance. Im working on losing weight.

I put on some bath and body works lotion and then put on my clothes. I hurriedly put on some perfume before applying some makeup, who consisted of mascara and eyebrow pencil, with some lip balm.

I tie my hair up in the best bun ever as I quickly brushed my teeth. I only had a couple of minutes left. I had to get to school early.

As I rush out of the steam filled bathroom, I enter my now blindingly bright room. The sun was rising, which created a beautiful orange and yellow hue around my room. The colors seemed to bounce off the walls.

I quickly snap out of my 'in awe' moment and put on my shoes. It was seven eleven. I grab my purse and my backpack as I head out of my room.

I walk past the kitchen and towards the front door. My mom was sleep and so was my little sister, alana.

I grab my car keys and rushed out the door, closing and locking the front door quietly. I nearly run to my car and hop in, quick to turn on the engine.

I let out a puff of air as I look at the time. Seven fifteen. I drive off and head towards the school. Since I lived only two miles away, it didnt take that long.

When I pulled up, people were getting off their buses and heading into the school building. I drive to the parking area and park near the back of the school.

Luckily there was an entrance to the school from the parking lot. As I get out, I notice a crowd of boys near a garbage can.

They all stare at me as I pretend to ignore them by looking straight forward at the door. I had no trouble keeping my head up. I also had no trouble staring people in the eye.

I looked over at them, they were all staring at me and murmuring. I place a small smirk on my face before attempting to turn my head again.

But before I could, someone yells out something. "Are you new here?" They say curiously. I turn my head and notice an attractive boy staring at me expectantly.

I nod my head. "Yeah." I say before heading towards the door again.
From my peripheral vision I see him approaching me.

Will this boy leave me alone? Im going to be late. The boy stops in front of me, blocking my way.

I sigh inwardly.
He looks at me, up and down. I prepare myself for an insult to be thrown my way.

"Hey, your-" he starts to say with a mischevious grin on his face.
I stick my hand out in his face and smile. "Ive already heard that one before." I say.

His friends burst out laughing causing him to blush a little.
"Well your a-"

I smirk. "Heard that one too." I say enjoying thus slightly. Anger builds up quickly in his eyes.

On the inside, I was having fun. I was slightly nervous because he was ATTRACTIVE to the max. He was way taller than me, and by the way all the boys were standing around him, id say he was popular.

I yawn on purpose but also on accident. "I have to go. Save your insults for someone who wants to hear them." I say dismissing him. He wears a shocked facial expression.

I walk inside the building. I guess I was in the gym because of all the people here. The bleachers were put into sections.

Freshman, sophomores, juniors, seniors.

I head over to the junior section which was almost full. I sit down next to a girl that looked like she was lonely.

"Hi, my name is riley." I say happily. She jumps a little before looking in my direction. "Are you talking to me?" She says confused.

I laugh and nod. "Oh course! Who else would I be talking too?" I say. Her expression softens a little, but nervousness was still clear in her eyes.

"Im taya.." she says softly. I keep the smile on my face. "That name is so pretty! It reminds me of princess laia from star wars, but the 'L' is replaced with a 'T'."I say chuckling.

Taya seems to calm down at my laughter a little bit. I can tell she has social anxiety. I wonder if she was bullied before?

After a few seconds, I look around. More people start to fill into the gym.
"So.. what classes do you have?" I say curiously. She looks at me before pulling out her schedule. I pull out mine.

I gasp dramatically, catching a few peoples attention. I smile at them and wave and a few of them give me a small smile back. Others just look away.

"Anyway, you have the same classes as me! Isnt this great!" I say excitedly. She looks at me with a little relief. "Yeah." She says nervously. She looks like she was thinking about something.

After a few seconds I hear loud laughter. Tayas face heats up. I turn my head In the direction of laughter. The boys from earlier were looking at her and me and laughing about something.

"Hey! Taya! You finally found a friend!" The boy I talked to earlier says. Taya looks as though she is about to cry. She hides her face in her hair.

"Awe. Is somebody about to cry?" He says in a teasing manner. I see a silent tear escape her eye. All of his friends start to laugh.

"Dont listen to him.." I say slightly worried.

I turn my attention towards the boy. "Hey you!" I say pointing at him. Everyones attention is now on me.
"Stop picking on her! She hasn't even done anything to you! Yes, im her friend. Got a problem? If so, please consult someone who cares. Cause sure as heck, I dont." I say staring him dead in the eye. He looks at me with anger. His friends, and some random strangers, burst out laughing.

"Dude! You just got clowned by a girl!" One of them shouts. I turn back to taya to see her wearing a small smirk.

I nudge her a little which surprises her. "Hey, I dont like to see people getting made fun of. If you enjoyed that, just wait and see what else I have in store for him." I say with a small smile. She looks at me and for the first time, gives me a smile back.

Finally!! She opened up. After a few seconds, I speak. "Im not here to hurt you, ya know. I actually want to be friends with you. Thats why I sat next to you." I say genuinely.

She looks at me for a few seconds, before speaking. "Thank you. For being my friend... I dont get a lot of them.." she says sadly. I give her a small smile. "I should be thanking you. Your my first friend at this school. You did me a huge favor." I say.

Taya looks at me. "So.. your not scared of Grayson?" She says curiously. I look at her confused. "Who?" I say.

"Grayson, the guy you just stopped from teasing me." She says simply. I look at her for a few seconds before an 'oh' expression forms on my face.

"Why should I be?- wait- is he a criminal!?" I say now freaked out. Taya seems amused. "No. Even though he should be." She says looking at him.

Grayson was currently typing something on his phone. "Why should I be scared of him?" I say worriedly.
Taya looks at me. "Well, for starters, he bullies me. And hes a badboy." She says.

I nod. "I saw that one coming." I say with a small chuckle. She smiles in return. "But to answer your question, no. Im not scared of him. Ive dealt with way worse than him. Hes just another rain storm that can be cleared up with a little but of sun.." I say with a smile on my face.

Taya smiles a little. "Ya know, your really confident. You might end up like the popular girls." She says gesturing her head towards a group of girls that looked like they spent hours doing their makeup.

I laugh outloud causing some people to look over at me. Taya looks at me weirdly. After I calm down, I look at her.

"Me? Have you seen me? Im probably the biggest girl in this school. I wouldnt fit in with them." I say. Taya looks at me.

"Well, if you dont end up with them, you will end up popular. You already have the most popular kid in school against you, his friends seem to like you.

And so do other people, just by you making them laugh. And plus your confident. I wouldnt be surprised if you became the queen of this school." She says encouragingly.

I smile at her appreciatively. "Thanks. I see that you have potential of being a confident queen too." I say smiling. She nods, then looks away. I knew she was thinking other wise.

As we both sat in silence, I began thinking. So before school even officially started, ive managed to become friends with the bullied girl, stand up to the most popular guy in the eleventh grade, and made everyone get a good impression of me.

Wow, im on a roll. Well of course I have the help of God. Yep, im a christian. I prayed the night before about today. Lets just hope nothing goes wrong.

Eventually everyone heads to class after the principle does his greeting. Everyone was familiar with it, exept for the freshman.

My first class was math class.

God, wish me luck.

《《》》《《《《》》》》《《《》》《

At lunch time, I walked with taya. I had made a few friends in my class. Since everyone goes to the same class together (exept special classess) i now have a good amount of friends that will be in my every class.

The only problem is, Grayson is in my class. He spent most of his time glaring at me, in which I gave him a smug smirk.

My new friends all offered for me to sit with them at lunch, but I asked if they could all sit with me. Of course they agreed. I also told them that I would be sitting with taya. They shared a look before accepting though.

They said they were gonna invite their friends to sit at their 'new' table. I hope im not causing trouble.

When I walk into the cafeteria, a few peoples eyes glance up at me before they resume eating or talking. I brought my lunch and so did taya. I lead taya over to a big round table in the middle. As we sat down, everyone stared.

Taya looked at me scaredly before looking down. My new friends came over at sat down hesitantly. Everyone in the cafeteria stared.

"Is there something wrong with this table?" I say quietly. They all shake their heads.

All of a sudden, Grayson and his friends walk in and their eyes land on the table. The whole cafeteria goes silent. Grayson looks at me angrily.
Everyone watches the scene silently and scaredly

Then I finally realized, this was his table. But I wasnt about to get up. Well, atleast without a fight.

He slowly walks over to the table.
"Move." He says angrily.

All my friends get up slowly.
I look at grayson with a glare before telling my friends to stay.

They all sat back down.

"I said move!" His voice rising.

They begin to get up.

"Stay!"

They sat back down.

"Move!"

"Stay!"

"Move!"

"Stay!"

"Dude, lets just find another table." His friend says to him slightly impatient.

Grayson rolls his eyes before walking to the table next to ours.

He made sure to glare at me before sitting down.

All my friends stared at me in silence. Along with the rest of the cafeteria.

I smile at my new friends as I take a bite out of my pizza.

This is gonna be a long school year.

Then I hear someone say something.
"Who does that fatty think she is?!" Grayson laughs.

Most people in the cafeteria laugh, but others give me sympathy looks.

I wear a blank facial expression.
Even though my eyes stung and it felt like I had a knot in my throat, I smiled.

Smiling is the most important thing.
I place my pizza down and drink some of my water nervously.

No I'm not perfect. Even though I'm bubbly and optimistic and fun loving, I also can get nervous and stuff.

I give all my friends reassuring smiles as the whole cafeteria watches my every move in silence.

////////////

Authors Note:

Yo yo yo!

Continue on

Originally Published: April 17, 2016

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 5.6K 62
He's a guy that doesn't even know the meaning of the word "love." She's a girl who's scared to know what the meaning of the word "love" is. Add them...
1.7M 51.7K 94
#4 in romance #1 in jealous, passionate, hot #3 in rejection, hot #5 in badboy, funny #9 in wattpad, steamy #55 in werewolf (Highest rankings) "You a...
219K 9.8K 46
Innocence is subjective. When push comes to shove: things change. And sometimes you just have to try not to explode. Pure's always been bullied for h...
1.4M 45.3K 50
"Grayson, what are you doing?" I asked, slowly, walking into his house. He was sitting on a bar stool in the kitchen, facing the view of the city lig...