My not so Innocent Love [Boyx...

By JSBelard

After seeing a picture of his lover kissing someone else, Laverne Spence traveled to make sure that his lover... More

Not so Innocent Angel
Not so Loyal of a Lover
Not so Easy of a Request
Not so Ideal Confession
Not so Easy to Speak
Not so Expected Visitors
Not so Good Omens
Not so Happy Ending
Not so New Stepbrother
Not so Sweet Encounters
Not so Cruel After All
Not so Unwelcome Changes
Not so Usual Solutions
Not so Exploited Opportunities
Not so Distant Dream
Not so Lovely Visits
Not so Bad of a Deal
Not so Fleeting Heart
Not so Wanted Nostalgia
Not so Innocent After All

Not so Clear Fate

1.5K 88 13
By JSBelard

             The whole conference room was in chaos. Laverne had just told them that he had no intentions of getting back together with Evan and, most importantly, he would never give a song to Cara. Evan was the least of his concern, he was so mad at Gilbert and Cara that his anger was focused on them.

            Laverne had revealed to the press every cruel thing that Cara had done to him. From Cara’s outburst after losing in the competition five years ago, to Cara paying some men to assault him and then incapacitate his hands. He said that those were the reasons why he would never let such a woman sing any of his songs, and that if Gilbert insists on it, he would resign immediately.

            Initially, Laverne had no plans on revealing what Cara did to him in the past, he merely planned to announce that he decided to make some revisions on his music and that Cara’s style doesn’t really match with the song. He planned to do things peacefully, but after Cara and Gilbert recorded his song behind his back, things changed. He became furious beyond anyone’s control.

            The whole time, Laverne acted very innocent and very vulnerable. To everyone’s eyes, he was the victim of a very cruel person. But on his head, Laverne was thinking of ending Cara’s career once and for all. All of the reporters were so absorbed in his innocent expression that they failed to notice the certain gleam of menace in Laverne’s eyes.

            Everything ended with the reporters having even more questions. Laverne was still burning in anger when he walked back in the waiting room. Keith was sitting there, waiting for him patiently. It was only then that Laverne’s heart finally calmed down.

            Keith stood up, without saying anything. Slowly, with a very worried expression, he walked towards Laverne. Allan and Melanie were still in the room, but it seemed that Keith didn’t care at all. He embraced Laverne tightly. “I didn’t know…” He said in a shaky and worried tone. “I never knew what you’ve been thru. I never knew what that woman did to you…”

            Ahh… He must be really worried, after hearing that Cara sent men to assault and hurt me… Laverne thought. “I’m fine now…” Laverne replied gently and reassuringly. “Because you are here with me.” It had been so long since Laverne acted innocent in front of such huge crowd, that’s why his heart couldn’t stop pounding.

            “Are you alright?” Keith asked as he slowly moved away. “Your heart is pounding…” He sounded very concern.

            “I was just nervous, that’s all.” Laverne replied. “Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.”

            “So, what are you planning to do next?” Keith asked as he put his arm around Laverne’s shoulder and lead him to sit down on the couch.

            Melanie and Allan were both quietly observing them, and that actually made Laverne nervous. He had a feeling that those two already have everything figured out. “I’m going to wait.” Laverne replied to Keith. “I’m sure Cara and Gilbert would not sit quietly without doing anything, so I’m going to wait for their move first. But don’t worry, I could pretty much guess what they’re going to do, and I already have something planned for them.”

            “Just be careful, be safe….” Keith added.

            “I’m not saying that I am against what you did, but don’t you think it’s a little bit too much?” Allan asked. “People might think that you still resent Cara and that you’re trying to destroy her career because of something personal.” Allan said worriedly as he stood up.

            “Oh relax…” Melanie said as she crossed her legs. “Didn’t you see everyone’s reaction when they saw Laverne’s face? I’m pretty sure that they are on his side.” She said as she typed something on her phone.

            “That’s not the point here.” Allan contested. “What he did is dangerous, I’m sure Cara would do something to get back to him, maybe even something worse.” He added. “If that happens, you’ll fire back, and then this would just be a cycle until one of you drops dead.” Allan sounded very concern.

            “One more shot.” Keith suddenly said. “I’ll give one more shot, and then that’s it.” He said, looking seriously at Laverne. “So you better make sure you win with that one last shot, because after that, I won’t let you do anything this crazy and dangerous again.”

            “One more shot would be plenty enough.” Laverne said with a meaningful smile.

            He felt really great to have Keith’s support in spite of his crazy act. That simple act of support showed Laverne how much Keith really cares for him, and knowing that made Laverne’s heart flutter with utter joy.

            As he expected, Cara and Gilbert were waiting for him back in the studio. They both pretty pissed off, but Laverne was smiling at them. “Make it short, I’m busy.” He said to the two.

            “Do you know what damage that stunt of yours would cause all of us?! Have you lost your mind?! Are you not thinking?!” Gilbert shouted angrily as he hit the table.

            “If you are that worried about the repercussions, then you shouldn’t have recorded my song without my permission. Besides, it’s not like I lied and made stories up.” He said and then turned to Cara with a grin.

            “Enough with this games Spence!” Gilbert shouted. “You are a part of this company and you have an obligation to fulfill. You refused to give your songs to any singer for months now, and I have lost my patience, I did what had to be done.”

            “What you did is not necessary; it’s nothing but exploitation of my talent.” Laverne said strongly. “And I would not stand it.”

            “I suggest you stand down Spence. Give a public apology and retract everything you said and give us the song without any qualms, and we’ll consider this mess over.” Gilbert said in a decisive manner.

            “You are in no place to demand anything. If there is anyone who needs to apologize, it’s the both of you.” Laverne said with a grin. “Don’t you think I know what you’re doing? You’re acting that way because you know you are at a losing side, but you are to prideful to apologize, so you’re trying to push me to apologize first, and then you’ll accept it, and then everything would be over and you would be off the hook.” Laverne grinned at them. “Too bad, I won’t fall for it.”

            “Very well then, you leave us no choice.” Cara’s manager interjected. “We’ll file a case against you. Not only did you gave libelous statement to the press you have also breached your contract with the record label. Additionally…”

            “What a great idea.” Laverne said confidently. “If you file a case then there would definitely be a hearing, an investigation, and there they would fine out that everything I said about your talent is true, and then surely her career would deeply be affected negatively. As for the breach of contract, your party is the one who used my song without my permission first. I could sue you for copyright infringement.” He said with a smile. “Just give up already. From the very beginning you are at a loss, you should’ve think everything through before you acted stupidly.”

            “You think you already won?” Cara said spitefully. “Fine, let’s say everyone believes what you said, but that doesn’t mean that they would hate me.” She said confidently. “Getting out of the mess you created for me is easy, all I have to do is deny everything you said and then the issue would die on its own.” She said confidently. “Plus, I have a very competent team of publicist.” She added proudly.

            “Sure, the fire would die eventually, that’s if no one fuels it.” Laverne grinned at Cara. “Let me give you both an advice; get off my back, stay away from my songs, and stop bothering me. Maybe then we could all go back in our peaceful lives, but if you don’t, then prepare for the worst, because I won’t stop till both of you are out of my life for good.” Laverne said before standing up and leaving the room.

            “You still as conniving as ever.” Cara said in an angry tone as she followed Laverne outside. “You’re manipulative, sly, and very cruel. I’m simply doing my job. Can’t you just act professionally? Stop mixing your personal emotions in you work!” Cara lectured.

            Laverne slowly turned around and then stared at Cara sternly. “Every song I write comes from my heart and my soul, so it is personal when my songs are concern. And don’t dare lecture me about professionalism, because you yourself are not. If you are, then you wouldn’t record my song without my permission. And who’s the cruel one between the two of us? Must I remind you again what you did to me five years ago?” Laverne said in a very serious manner.

            “We were young and immature, we did things that we regret, but that’s part of being young. Isn’t it? All that is in the past now, what’s the use of bringing that up now? Are you doing it for attention, sympathy, or to get everyone on your side against me?” Cara asked.

            “Part of being young?” Laverne repeated sarcastically. “If every young people would pay men to assault and attack the person they hate, then I fear what the world would be in the future. Something like that isn’t a usual act for an immature youngster, it is an act that only a cruel witch like you can do.” Laverne said spitefully.

            “Witch?! YOU!!!” Cara stepped forward and raised her palm, about to slap Laverne.

            “There are CCTVs here, are you sure you want to do that?” Laverne said with a grin. “I remember that last time your cruel act was also caught on camera, and that ended your chance of being recruited by Jeff.” Laverne added.

            Cara froze and her face showed clear signs of irritation. Laverne smiled on the sight of it.

            “This is not the end of it. I will find something to destroy you. You think you’re so sparkly clean that no one could find the dirt on you, but just you wait, I assure I would find it.” Cara threatened.

            Laverne became worried with that threat. Cara has connections, and he was afraid that she may somehow find out about him and Keith. If that happens then not only his relationship with would be in trouble, but his family would also be in chaos. Not to mention Keith’s career might also be in jeopardy.

            But in turned out that Laverne didn’t need to worry about Cara finding out about his relationship with Keith, because after the news about what Cara did to him in the past exploded, Cara became the villainess to the public. And no one wanted to root for the villainess.

            In less than a week, the effect of Laverne’s press-conference became apparent. It took a great toll on Cara’s career. She lost deals, projects, and endorsements one after the other because of her bad image.

            Everything was peaceful for a few days for Laverne after that. Both Cara and gilbert stopped bothering him. But, that peace was short live. Unbeknown to him and to anyone else, the wheels of fate had turned again, and an event that would change his life was about to happen.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

            It seems that Lav didn’t need that one last shot after all. Keith had a mix feeling on what had transpired over the past few days. He couldn’t really say that he was proud of what Lav did in order to get back at Cara, but he was glad that at least everything was over.

            He was having his lunch break on the set of the movie when he received a call from Melanie. She wanted to talk to him and Keith agreed without any second thoughts. Keith had no idea what Melanie wanted to talk to him alone, but Keith didn’t think twice. He wanted to make a good impression on Melanie, and whoever was close with Lav.

            Right from the start, Keith felt that something strange was going to happen. Melanie was very serious, different from her usual outgoing and cheerful personality.

            “Laverne had been through a lot. When Evan cheated on him, I thought that he wouldn’t recover, but he met a new guy, but that guy disappeared as well. For five years he haven’t smile the way he is smiling right now, so it’s heartbreaking for me to say this. End your relationship with him.” Melanie said seriously.

            Keith froze on his seat. He knew that there was no use on trying to avoid that topic. Were we that obvious? Keith asked himself. After being momentarily dazed by the fact that Melanie found out, Keith got his sense back. “Why? Did Lav told you that he wanted it to end? I understand why you’re saying that, but I can’t possibly do what you’re asking me.” Keith answered calmly.

            “This is not whether you can or can not, this is about what you should or should not do.” Melanie argued. “And no, Lav doesn’t know anything about this.”

            “Then I don’t see any reason why I have to listen to your request. And even if the day comes that Lav would want to end things between us, I would continue to stay by his side.” He said in a very decisive manner.

            “You can’t be stubborn right now.” Melanie said firmly. “If the circumstances are different, then I would be happy for the two of you. Honestly, you two look good together, it’s as if you’re both made for each other. But, things aren’t that simple right now. You’re both famous, you’re every move is being watched by the public. Imagine what would happen to your careers if they found out that you two are in a romantic relationship. Not only are both men, but you’re stepbrothers for crying out loud.” Melanie said.

            “I don’t care what the public thinks. I don’t care what may happen to my career, as long as we’re together, we’ll be happy.” Keith replied.

            “Then what about both of your parents? Don’t you care what they would think, what they would feel? They would definitely get hurt by this.” Melanie argued.

            Keith fell silent. Hurting their parents was the last thing he wanted to do. But, more than anything else, he wanted to be with Lav. “I’ll talk to them. I’ll fix everything. I’ll take the responsibility and I’ll take the blame.” Keith was resolute, nothing could change his mind.

            “Believe me, I don’t feel good, doing this to Laverne. But it needs to be done.” Melanie said. “I didn’t want things to go this far, but I have no choice.” She said.

            “Melanie, you have no idea what hardships and pain we both been through just to be together. After all the sufferings we’ve through just to be together, do you really think that we would let each other go just like that?” Keith closed his eyes and then sighed heavily.  “I love him…” He said in a much mellow tone. “I would die if I lose Lav.” He continued. “The very first time that my father showed me a picture him, I got attracted to him, and when I finally met him, I feel instantly in love with him. I could not bear to lose him, so I would anything and everything just to remain by his side. I’m sorry Melanie, but I’ll never leave Lav.” Keith said.

            “I know it would be difficult for the both of you, but I know if this continue you two would just get hurt, and things would be more difficult than it had ever been. So please, while everything is still a bit calm, end it.” Melanie pleaded.

            “I can and I would protect Lav. My mind is already set; I would not leave Lav no matter what. And just you wait; I would make things better for us.” Keith said stubbornly. He stood up and then left the restaurant.

            Keith’s emotions were in such a mess that he couldn’t even concentrate on anything at that moment. All he could think of was Lav and how horrible it would be if he loses him. It was like Lav could tell that he was feeling so down, because at that moment, Keith received a call form him. “Hey, Lav…” Keith tried to sound cheerful.

            “What’s wrong, you sound upset…?” Lav replied.

            Keith smiled wryly. Why was it so easy for Lav to read me?  “I’ll pick you up later, okay. Wait for me, Lav…” Keith said in a slightly cheerful tone.

            “Okay, I’ll wait for you in my studio.” Lav replied. “Keith… you know you could talk to me about everything, right?” Lav asked worriedly.

            “I know.” Keith replied. He felt really bad for making Lav worry. “Don’t worry, everything is fine, so just concentrate on making the best music, okay.”  Keith paused for a while and then sighed silently. “Lav, I love so much, I really do.” Keith added.

            “I love you too, more than anyone, more anything.” Lav replied.

            Hearing that made Keith felt a lot more relieved. He felt that he could go on with that day a little bit more. But still he couldn’t wait to be with Lav. He wanted to kiss Lav and feel Lav’s touch. Only that could make his heart at ease.

            After an agonizing day without Lav, Keith had finally got off work. The whole time he couldn’t stop thinking about Lav and what Melanie had said. Their parents would come home soon, and Keith would tell him everything then, and after that he would beg them to let them be together. Keith that things would not be easy, he knew how difficult it would be, and he knew that Melanie was right; not only was their career on the line but also their relationship with their parents.

            All Keith could do was to hope that everything would be fine after everything.  He just hoped - more than anything else -  that Lav wouldn’t get hurt at all.

            Keith took a deep breath as he walked out of the jewelry store. Ahead of him was a dark and unknown future, and if he’s going to thread that path, he needed Lav by his side. Keith clasped the small leather box on his hand as he walked towards his car.

            “Everything would be fine Lav. Soon… I promise you…” Keith sighed to himself before he drove away.

            It didn’t take long for Keith to become worried. A very eerie atmosphere surrounds the studio and Keith couldn’t shed off the feeling that something bad was bound to happen. He was nearing Lav’s studio and he saw the door ajar.

            “Who are you?” Keith heard Lav. It seemed that someone else was in that room with Lav. “Tell me, who sent you. Ahh… its Cara isn’t it…” Lav said.

            Lav’s tone made Keith really nervous. He rushed into the room and saw a very unnerving sight. Lav was on the other side of the room while a villainous looking man was pointing a gun at him.

            That sight alone was enough to send shivers up to Keith’s spine. He was getting really nervous and afraid. He was afraid that something bad would happen, he was afraid that Lav might get hurt.

            The man noticed his entrance and then pointed the gun at him in turn. Slowly Keith stepped closer to where Lav was. And when he got to Lav’s side, he held his hand tight. Oddly enough, Lav looked unfazed; it was as if he was ready at whatever would happen.

            “Don’t worry, everything would be fine.” Lav said to him calmly. Keith wanted to say those exact words to Lav.

            There was only one thing in his mind at that moment; to protect Lav, even with his life. The man pulled the trigger and the sound of gunshot echoed in the building. Keith tried to shield Lav with his own body, but Lav refused to budge.

            No… things can’t end this way… Keith’s heart was racing and his mind was becoming bleak as the moment goes. He found it hard to even breathe. And he felt very helpless, as he wait for their very bleak fate.

             Keith closed his eyes and held Lav’s hand tighter, and so did Lav. He thought that everything would end for the both of them. He thought that he had failed, and that he and Lav would be separated. Please, I want to be with Lav, I don’t want to be separated from him. Please, just let us be together. Keith thought. He opened his eyes and all he could see was a bright blue light.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

            Keith woke up, feeling groggy and weak. The sun was shining brightly through his windows to his face. Somehow he felt like he just woke up from a very realistic dream, a dream he couldn’t even remember. He hit his alarm clock and knocked it down on the floor as he sat straight on the edge of his bed.

            He walked out of his room and went to the dining room where his father was waiting patiently. It had always been just the two of them since his mother died, but even so, Keith never felt any lack of love from a parent.

            David Pollard greeted his son cheerfully. “Good morning.” His father said.

            “Good morning.” Keith replied weakly.

            It was a normal day, the same as usual, but Keith couldn’t help but feel that something was amiss. “So, your application and papers for college are all set, and next week we’ll be looking around the area for your condo.” His father said enthusiastically.

            “That sounds great…” Keith replied.

            “Is everything alright?” His father asked, sounding very worried.

            “Yeah…” Keith replied weakly. Still the thought that he was forgetting something was stuck in his mind. He had a strong gut feeling that he is forgetting something very important. “It’s just that I can’t help but feel that there is something… missing. I can’t quite put my fingers on it though.”

             “Keith…” David sounded serious. “Did you drink last night?” He asked.

            “No…” Keith lied defensively and his father simply chuckled.

            Keith easily forgot that weird feeling he was having after a week of partying with his friends. And by the end of the week, he couldn’t even remember what troubled him that day. Everything seemed normal and at-place and Keith had no worries.

            It was so easy for him to get back to his carefree life; a teenage life without even a hint of worry. He was a having a blast with his friends that last summer of his high school days. And when the new semester comes, he would begin a whole new life of fun and party at college.

            One night, Keith was on a house party, and he was with his friends drinking the night away. There were a lot of girls showing interest on him, and usually Keith wouldn’t pass such an opportunity to flirt with them, but that night - that whole week actually – Keith had seemed to lose interest. Not only that, but he was finding himself getting fascinated about things that he would just normally ignore.

            Just a week ago, Keith had no interest in classical music, but then when he heard a violin playing on the television, he instantly became interested. In an instant, his playlist was filled with classical music that emphasized violin. He had also turned down a movie date with a girl to go listen to violin solo at the amphitheater.

            Not long after, Keith started to have vivid dreams. First, he dreamt of his body lying on the street, bathing in his own blood, while his spirit was standing on the side watching as another man was holding him, sobbing. Then, after that, here kept on dreaming about the same man.

            That man had a very beautiful smile; he looked like an angel, a very lovely angel. It was very weird to him at first, to dream of a man in such an adoring manner, but soon he found himself longing and waiting to dream of that same man again.

            When his college admission came into the mail, it was then that Keith knew that something had changed in him. Just after one night, something very big had changed deep within him. He had his eyes set on that college ever since he could remember, but when he saw the letter, he felt very unsure. It was like his heart was telling him that it was not the right choice, that he belonged somewhere else.

            And then one fateful day, just after he got home from a night of fun with his friends, Keith lost hold of his phone and it fell under his bed. He kneeled down and looked under his bed, and something other than his phone caught his attention.

            A shining necklace was under his bed. The necklace was new to his sight, but it seemed so familiar. He took the necklace out under the bed and stared at it as he sat on the edge of his bed. . The necklace was white gold and it had small spherical orb and inside that orb was a small hourglass. The spherical pendant was lined with gold. The orb itself was a clear white crystal and the hourglass was diamond lined with gold.

            Tears came falling down Keith’s eyes all of a sudden. “Lav…” He muttered.

            Everything came back to him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 97 13
Love doesn't have the same meaning for all but one thing about it is that it's universal. They both long for each other but they fear coming close t...
4.8K 387 17
Neither of them had total confidence in destiny. Not even when they started to see the invisible red strings that bound people to their soul mates. N...
417K 15.4K 70
Coming out must be hard but only doing so because you can no longer hide your feelings for your bestfriend is unimaginable. A story about falling in...
108K 7.6K 55
Growing up in chaos isn't simple for all. Not many could cope. They would struggle and kick, but ultimately drown. However, for Dakota, that was his...