Filming Without You

By JDFanFF

#1 Story in What's New/Jamie Dornan for over a month In the finale of 'Filming Fifty Shades Of Grey' Jamie D... More

PROLOGUE
Official Trailer
MACARENA'S HOMETOWN
DULCIE'S BIRTH
I'VE LOST MY VALENTINE
MY REASONS
FALLING IN LOVE WITH DULCIE
DRUNK IN LONDON (Part 1)
DRUNK IN LONDON (Part2)
OFF TO PARIS WITH A BROKEN HEART
Time will tell
Missed Phone Calls
Long Distance Phone Call
Happy Birthday Amor!
Sister's Advice
Macarena is Mine!
Wedding news
Time
Love Vs. Friendship
World Cup
The Reunion
Stepparenting
The Wedding (Part 1)
The Wedding (Part 2)
The Fall of Captain As*hole
First Fan
Faith
Family, The Best Medicine
Goodbye London... For now.
Press Junket Interviews (WBPWE Post)

Miami

507 25 16
By JDFanFF

.

Chicago, May 30th 2014

Macarena's POV

I got to terminal 3 at twenty to six, perfect timing! I gave the taxi driver a big tip and ran to the check in area, after getting my ticket I went through security, thankfully it went fast. The flight was leaving from gate 28 and as I made my way to it I kept thinking...

What am I going to say?

What do I want?

What if he doesn't get the reason of my appearing in the airport?

What if he thinks I want to be more than friends?

I didn't get to answer my questions because as soon as I saw the sign to gate 28 I saw him sitting on a corner, wearing his typical baseball cap and aviator sunglasses, he was listening to music in his iPhone and looking at the screen. He was smiling sweetly at his phone.

I fix myself and walk to him.

"So you thought you were going to leave without saying goodbye and I was going to let you?"

He saw me and jumped from his seat dropping his phone on the floor.

"Holly Shit! Macarena! What are you doing here?"

He was so surprised that he didn't even notice his phone was on the floor so I bent over and picked it up.

"I came here to...."

I was about to explain myself but when I saw my picture in his screen I stopped talking.

It was a picture of me on the Chicago Ferris Wheel. I remember that day, we had the day off and it was beautiful out so we decided to go sightseeing, normally Dani would come with us but she had some things to do and it was just Chris and I. It was right after I returned from London and he was trying to cheer me up.

In the picture I was looking out the city and I was smiling, it was a small smile but one with no concern nor heartache. One with hope.

"That's my favorite picture of you"

I look up and found he had removed his sunglasses and my eyes met  his. He is giving me his all American Boy smile. I feel the butterflies starting to go around my stomach but I force them down.

"I remember that day"

"Best day ever!"

I giggle and take the seat next to him. He positions himself to look me in the eyes.

"Are you going to tell me what you're really doing here?"

"I came to say...."

His eyes were burning with many emotions.

I took a deep breath and embraced myself.

"I came to say thank you. Thank you for the unconditional friendship you've given me. Thank you for being there every morning to make sure I was out of bed after crying al night. Thank you for trying to make me smile. Thank you for the patience and most importantly, it was an honor working with you"

He scratched the back of his neck and smile shyly.

"Is this your way of saying goodbye to me?"

"I am not saying goodbye, I'm saying hasta luego 'see you later' "

I smile and he chuckles.

"I'm going to miss you Macarena!"

"Me too!"

Now we're both staring out the window, watching the planes move when his flight was called.

He stood up and stretch his arms to me.

"Come here! Give me a hug"

I indulged him and hugged him. After a few seconds we let go and I punched his arm playfully.

"You go get them Captain America!"

He shakes his head while chuckling.

"I will, captain smart pants!"

He winks at me and with that he turns around and walks to his gate handing the flight attendant his ticket. He turns around once more and tips his cap, while I salut him making him laugh. With that I turn around in peace. Chris has been a great friend and I couldn't let him go without telling him how much I appreciate him. Now I can move on.

As I make my way out of the airport my phone rings and I retrieve it from my bag hoping it was Jamie but the caller made me smile.

"Alo?"

"Maqui! Where are you??? I've been trying to reach you! Are you ok?"

"Hey Jenny! I'm fine. On my way to my apartment, you?"

"Gracias a Dios! (Thank God) I'm fine, I've been calling you like crazy! Where are you?"

"I'm at O'Hare, came to say goodbye to a friend. I'm done with the movie"

"Oh my Gosh Maqui!!! I'm so proud of you!!!"

"Can you believe it? My second movie!"

"I know babe! You definitely rock!"

I smile while making my way towards the exit of the airport to hail a taxi.

"This needs a celebration"

I get into the cab and tell him my address.

"A celebration??? I might be interested..... What kind of celebration?"

I tried to play it cool but I couldn't help my excitement. Jenny is the Queen of celebrations so I knew I would love anything she had in store for us.

She giggles. Her Latina giggle. The one that reminds me how down to earth she is. Not the diva everyone pictures.

"Oh shut up, would you? And meet me in Miami in two days"

"Miami? But I need to go to New York first"

"New York??? For what???"

"I need to check on my apartment and to grab some clothes"

"Oh come on Maqui! You haven't been to your apartment forever so your clothes there are probably out of season! Besides, you have Maria checking on your apartment, don't you? Just give her a call and meet in in Miami chica!" (Girl)

"Hum.... I don't know...."

"Yes, you do, Maqui! Get your pretty butt into the plane and meet me in Miami, we'll go shopping together, just like old times"

And by going shopping she means we will be visiting famous designers' ateliers. I am down for that!

"Ok, ok"

"Wow! That was easy!"

"What was it?"

"Convincing you!"

"You had me at shopping"

She laughs and I laugh along.

I surely miss my sissy.

"See you soon baby girl"

"See you, love"

I hang up the phone and call Jamie's number while the taxi drives along the beautiful city of Chicago.

The phone rings twice and his Irish accent comes to the phone.

"Well hello Miss Santana!"

"Hello Mr. Dornan"

He chuckles.

My heart stops.

"For a second I thought you had forgotten about me"

"Never"

He sighs.

"I miss you"

"I miss you too, amor"

"Oh God! Please Don't do that! Your Spanish clouds my mind and I might end up forgetting about the time I've asked you for and leave Vancouver this very moment"

"Then do that!"

He sighs.

"Maqui, my love, as much as I would love to have you in my arms now, I need a little more time to finish your surprise"

"I wish you could just let me go see you, but it's ok..... I understand"

I look to the driver to see if he's paying attention to the conversation. When I see him concentrated in the traffic I whisper to Jamie.

"I love you"

"I love you more"

We stay quiet. I'm trying to even my breaths so I won't cry. After a while he spoke softly.

"How is the movie coming along?"

"That's the reason I called you, we wrapped up this afternoon"

"Seriously? Wow baby! Congratulations! I'm so proud of you!!!"

I feel the sincerity in his voice.

The taxi parks outside my building and I pay the driver and bid him goodbye.

As I'm making my way to my apartment I answer him.

"Thank you! I'm pretty proud of myself too!"

"Any plans to celebrate?"

"Actually...."

I pause a bit to open my door but I can't help to look at Chris's door. I already miss the Captain.

"Jenny has invited me to come over to Miami to spend a few days with her"

"Miami? How exotic! I love it there"

"Yeah... Me too. If you weren't filming already I would invite you over"

There it goes another attempt to be near him.

"You and I can visit Miami together after this movie, who knows, we can even go to Puerto Rico or Cuba"

"That would be wonderful"

"Actually, anywhere in this world would be wonderful with you, baby"

My knees fail me and I take a seat on the couch.

"How long do you need again?"

He laughs and I can't help myself but laughing along.

"Soon love, very soon. Before j forget, my sisters say hello"

"Have you spoken to them?

"Yeah. They were in Belfast on the weekend with the kiddos and the entire family FaceTimed me"

"How lovely. I miss them"

I feel a bit of pain in my heart.

"They miss you right back, love"

There were some voices in the background and Jamie talked to the other person next to him, then he came back to the phone with me.

"Sorry love! I must go. I have a scene to film"

I pout because I can't help but feeling sad for ending our conversation.

"Ok. We'll talk later"

"We will. Call me when you arrive in Miami"

"I will"

"I love you, baby"

"Me too"

And I hang up the phone before I beg him to let me go see him.

And with that I start packing to go see my best friend.

Miami, June 2014

Macarena's POV

The heat of Miami welcomes me as I walk towards the meet and greet area. I expect to find Jenny's chauffeur but I am surprised when I see the one and only Jennifer Lopez running my way followed by Max and Emme.

"Tia Maqui!!!!"

My babies come running to me once they see me and I hug them fiercely.

"I have missed you guys!"

Emme starts chatting away when Jenny comes to hug me.

"Welcome to Miami"

"Bienvenido a Miami"

We laugh at our attempt to sound like the girls in the chorus of Will Smith's song.

"Are you ready for the week I have plan for us???"

"Yeah baby!!!"

And as soon as I answered the paparazzi came to take as many pictures as they could.

Jenny smiles and leads us towards the SUV waiting for us.

"We're so going to have fun!!! Are you tired?"

I shake my head no and she informs me.

"Good! We're going shopping!!! You need a cocktail dress for this venue tomorrow"

"Mami, can I come?"

I see Jenny's face. She gets sad. She doesn't know how to say no. Emme is always wanting to hang with us and get glamorous but I am sure this is a cocktail where kids aren't allowed.

So I come up with an idea.

"Emme, my princess, the cocktail Mami and I are going don't allow children"

She pouts and her eyes start getting watery.

"But.... I have an idea. What if Max, Mami, you and I go on a date tonight to a very fancy place so we need to dress up and go to the hairdressers?"

She gave me the brightest smile and nodded her head frantically.

"Yes!!! I'd love that!!! I can buy a new dress, Mami can I buy a new dress? I would love a pink dress and....."

Jenny smiles at me and mouths a Thank You while we sit in the car going around Miami with an overexcited little girl ranting about dresses and makeup and shoes and manicures. She reminds me of myself when I was her age.

After a visit to Design Street for myself and Jenny and another visit to CocoWalk for Max and Emme we had lunch and headed to Jenny's home to meet up with the crew that will work on our hair and makeup because Jenny and I would do anything for these two kids.

"Did you make the reservations?"

"Yes, we're going to a friend's restaurant so it was just a phone call away"

"Fantastic! I can't wait"

"Me neither!!! You are going to love the surp...."

"Love what?"

"Huh?"

She looked at me with confusion all over her face.

"The restaurant! I meant the restaurant! You'll love the restaurant!"

"O.k....."

And I let it go because she was acting weird and I didn't want to ruin the kids' night.

We arrived at "Larios on the Beach" restaurant at 7pm. And I was very surprised when we were greeted by the one and only Gloria Estefan.

After she greeted Jenny and the kids Jennifer introduced us.

"Gloria, let me introduce you to my best Amiga Macarena Santana"

"Hi Gloria! It's a pleasure, I'm a big fan"

She took my hand into her two hands and shook it.

"Macarena! What a beautiful name! It suits you! I believe we have a friend in common, Mario Testino"

I feel the same warm feeling every time someone speaks about Mario.

"He's right, you're truly beautiful"

I blush and smile at her.

"Gracias"

She nodded with a sweet smile and excused herself.

"Ok my loves. Shall we order?"

Jenny's voice was cheery and we all agreed. We all ordered non-alcoholic cocktails and made small talk and Jenny and I got to listen to the twins' latest adventures at school.

My phone beeped and I smiled to see it was a message from Jamie.

Hola mi amor! How is Miami treating you? You look stunning by the way....

What?? Can he see me?? I started looking around frantically feeling like Anastasia in Georgia when Christian paid her an unannounced visit.

Jenny giggled and asked.

"Looking for anyone?"

"Do you know anything about this?"

Then my phone beeped again.

Sorry love, as much as I wished otherwise, I'm not there 😩 Now pay attention to the show 😘

As in cue the guitar strings of one of my favorite Gloria Estefan's sing started.

And Gloria Spoke.

"This song was a request by a man madly in love with the most beautiful girl tonight 'Con los Años que me quedan' (If we were lovers)"

And Gloria began to sing in English.

One day soon, it's gonna happen just by chance
You and I will just succumb to this romance
On that day my love will find you
And you'll discover what a wonder life can be
And you will know how much I love you

If we were lovers
If we were more than just good friends
I know how good it could be
Just by the way you're looking at me

As if we were lovers

The she changed to Spanish and the lyrics were very accurate to the situation of our relationship.

Con los años que me quedan,
(With the years I have left)
Te hare olvidar cualquier error
(I'll make you forget any mistake)
No quise herirte, mi amor
(I didn't mean to hurt you my love)
Sabes que eres mi adoracion
(You know you're my everything)
Y lo seras mi vida entera.
(And you'll be throughout my whole life)
No puedo imaginar vivir sin ti
(I can't imagine living without you)
No quiero recordar como te perdi
(I don't want to remember how I lost you)
Quizas fue inmadurez de mi parte
(Maybe it was my immaturity)
No te supe querer
(I didn't know how to love you)
Y te aseguro los años que me quedan
(And I assure you that in the years I have left)
Los voy a dedicar a ti
(I will dedicate them to you)
Hacerte tan feliz
(To make you happy)
Que te enamores mas de mi
(To make you fall in love with me even more)
Yo te amare hasta que muera
(I will love you until I die)

Then she went back to English and I felt Emme's hand gripping mine in excitement.

Few times in our lives can we feel this way
It would be a shame just to throw it away
Time is slipping by, we don't know what's ahead
I don't want to look back and have any regrets.

Se que aun me que una
oportunidad,
(I know I still have one more chance)
Se que aun no es tarde para recapacitar,
(I know it's not too late to come to our senses)
Se que nuestro amor es verdadero,
(I know our love is truthful)
Y con los años que me quedan por vivir
(And with the years I have left)
Demostrare, cuanto te quiero.
(I will shot you how much I love you)

On that day my love will find you
And you'll discover what a wonder life can be
And you will know how much I love you

Cuanto te quiero
(How much I love you)

And as Gloria finishes and everyone stands up to applaud her, I wipe away the tears that have started to fall since the beginning of the Spanish lyrics and I hear the ping of my phone.

Wipe away those tears, mi amor! Te amo! Always! I'll show you how much I do. How did you like surprise number one? I love you...

*** I know! Another cliffhanger!!! Sorry for that! This is the biggest chapter I've ever written. I hope you like it. Is it too much? Don't forget to show your love and appreciation voting and commenting!!! Thank you always!! Xoxo-Z***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

749K 35.4K 58
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
171K 7.5K 23
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
252K 8.7K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
284K 6.5K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc