We'll Carry On

By Nonnie228

Nonnie and Frank are finally moving on with their lives after all the drama in A Love That's So Demanding. Th... More

We'll Carry On
We'll Carry On 2
We'll Carry On 3
We'll Carry On 5
We'll Carry On 6
We'll Carry On 7
We'll Carry On 8
We'll Carry On 9
We'll Carry On 10
We'll Carry On 11
We'll Carry On 12
We'll Carry On 13
We'll Carry On 14
We'll Carry On 15
We'll Carry On 16
We'll Carry On 17
We'll Carry On 18
We'll Carry On 19
We'll Carry On 20
We'll Carry On 21

We'll Carry On 4

2.5K 37 3
By Nonnie228

(Danae's POV)

We looked all over the place for the perfect dress. Not that Nonnie was too concerned in the matter. "I'm as big as a house, nothing is going to hide that." she said after looking at the third dress. Finally she wouldn't try on anymore so we chose a simple cream baby doll dress, it flowed out over her stomach and all the way to the floor in the back it had a long train. We got some cream ballet flats for her to wear and took her to the hair dresser where they gave her some wavy curls that would fall down around her shoulders once it was unwrapped.

"That was so much fun," she said sitting down on the couch. I grabbed my purse and sat down. "You know those men have been keeping me hostage here in this house."

"Oh stop exaggerating, they are just making you do what the doctor said." Ray said taking the last seat on the couch. The doorbell rang and I got up to answer it. A man stood there with a bouquet of flowers.

"I'm looking for Nonnie Wood's." he said.

"What is it?" Non asked standing up and walking over to the door.

"You've been served." He said taking out an envelope and handing it too her. She took it from his hand, "Sign here and have a nice day,"

"I've been summoned to testify at Rick's appeal," she said. "For the defense."

"They can't make you do that. Can they?" I asked.

"It's a summons if I don't go I could be held in contempt and go to jail." She looked down at her hands.

"I got mine, a month ago." I said.

"Danae why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want you to worry about the appeal."

"No this morning you should have told me."

"I was working on figuring out a way not to go."

"If you do please tell me, 'cause he doesn't know I'm pregnant."

"How does he not know you're pregnant?"

"It's not like I call him and have conversations. I haven't seen him since..."

"Okay, that's enough about that." Ray said. "How long do you think the guys are going to be gone?"

"Not long," Frank said coming into the living room, "What's wrong?" he said looking between Non and me. I told him about the letter, while Non shot me evil glances.

"Nonnie Woods why weren't you going to tell me about this?" Frank asked.

"Cause I wasn't going to go." She said.

"So you were going to get your self arrested?" Gerard said.

"If that's what it took, yes." She said.

"Nonnie that's ridiculous." Frank said.

"I'm not going to be able to do it. I can't." she said, "And none of you or any court can make Me." with that she got up and went upstairs.

"Non..." Frank started. Then he gave up and sat down next to me on the couch. The other guys just stood there watching the whole thing happen. Frank held an envelope in his hand.

"Frank what's that?" I asked.

"The results."

(Frank's POV)

I sat down in the lounger and played with the envelope in my hands. "Well Frank are you the father?" Gerard said in a mock show host voice. I just rolled my eyes at him. "I'm just trying to lighten the mood."

"I'll go get Nonnie." Danae said standing up.

"No, I'll go up there and open it with her." I said standing up. I followed the path to our bedroom. Nonnie was sitting on the bed looking out of the window. She looked like she was trying her best not to cry her face was creased with worry. I really didn't want to do this. She's under enough stress. "Nonnie?"

"Yeah babe?" she said not turning to look at me.

"I got the results." I said, then she turned to me.

"Have you looked at them?" I shook my head. She patted the bed next to her and I walked over and sat down next to her.

"Here," she reached out for the envelope. "I'll open it." I handed it over and she pealed back the corner. "Before I open this, I just want to say that no matter what I'm still here, me and Payton aren't going anywhere." A smile came to my face.

"You chose a name?" she nodded. "It's perfect." She took a deep breath and opened the letter the rest of the way. She read it quickly and a small smile came to her face. "Is he?"

(Nonnie's POV)

It ripped my heart out, but it was true. "Frank you have a son," I said his face fell. I reached out and took his hand.

"It's okay babe." I said, "I told you I'm not going anywhere and how cool is it that Bradyn and Payton will have names that are alike and she will have a big brother." He didn't seem to be buying into my happy little facade.

"I'm sorry Non," he said pulling me into his arms. I just smiled. He was always so worried about me.

"Now lets go tell everyone about the new addition to our family." I said standing up.

"Non, we aren't finished."

"What else did we have to talk about?" I said challenging him to say that I was going to testify at Rick's appeal.

"Never mind we can talk about it later." He said letting me off the hook. He stood up and grabbed my hand and we walked back down stairs. All eyes were on us as we entered the living room. "Everyone, we have a new edition to our family."

"Are we happy or sad?" Danae asked, more talking to me than Frank.

"We are happy, happy, happy, happy. I have a son." I said forcing a smile so that everyone else would catch on and be happy too.

"Congratulations?" Gerard said.

"Well I'm glad we know now. Uh lets go get something to eat before it gets too late." Frank said. I could tell he didn't know how to feel about this. I didn't either. I mean I knew that it would turn out this way, but I guess I just wasn't as prepared as I could have been.

"Babe I think I'm going to go take a nap," I kissed him on the cheek and headed up to our room. I was drained from the shopping, and then coming home to all of this. On the bright side tomorrow I was getting married.

(Frank's POV)

I walked back into the house. I'd gotten Non something to eat. I sat the bag in the kitchen and headed up stairs. "What are you doing!?" Rachael asked.

"I'm going to go and wake up Non, to see if she's hungry. Then I'm going to bed." I said wondering why she was freaking.

"Oh no you're not. You're going to go spend the night at Gerard's. You know you're not supposed to see the bride the day of the wedding." Danae said. I looked at them both like they were crazy.

"Non doesn't believe in that stuff." I said and continued up the stairs.

"But do you really want to take that chance?" Gerard said. "I mean with your luck..." he didn't finish his statement. I didn't want anything to ruin tomorrow for Non.

"Fine, can I at least go say good night?" I said, I was actually happy they were taking so much interest in our courthouse wedding.

"If you must." Rachael said. I got a piece of paper, and wrote a quick note to her then kissed her forehead, I wasn't going to wake her since this was probably the most sleep she's gotten at one time in a long time. I left the note on the pillow beside her, and grabbed my clothes for the next day. Then I packed up Bradyn's stuff. Well Rachael packed everything I would need for him, I wanted Non to get some real sleep.

"So Frank, how does it feel being a father?" Gerard asked, we had arrived at his house and were sitting in the living room watching TV.

"Well I don't really feel any different. I mean it just..."

"You aren't happy about this are you?" I looked down at Bradyn, who was quickly falling asleep in my arms.

"I didn't ask for him. I didn't want him, I know its wrong cause he's my son. I expected to feel this instant connection, but I don't."

"Look at it this way. You get to have the rest of your life and his to gain that connection."

"I wish I could, but then there's that whole appeal thing. Non has to testify or they won't be able to keep him in jail. She was terrified the first time she had to. I don't think she can handle doing it again. Especially with her being pregnant, she doesn't want him to know about the baby. She thinks it would give him satisfaction to know that she is having his baby."

"How does she figure that?"

"His whole goal was to ruin her life. To make her miserable, what would make you more miserable than having the child of your rapist? Not to mention they would probably demand a DNA test for Payton. Non really doesn't want that, she's afraid that she will be Rick's."

"But there's still a chance that she's your child."

"Non doesn't think so, and I can tell. If he's the baby's father and he wins the appeal, he could go for custody." Suddenly I wasn't too keen on him finding out about Payton either. It was a way he could get back into our lives, a way to be around Non and Danae. I knew he would jump at it.

(Pete's POV)

Danae had been quiet all night, as we lay in bed I wondered what could be wrong. "You can talk to me you know." I whispered into her shoulder.

"I know, Pete. You know how, Non got a summons today?" she was in a talking mood and I was definitely going to listen. I nodded. "Well I got mine last month. It's the same case. They want me to testify for him. Not against him."

"You don't want to do it?"

"No, I don't and I know that they only need Non's testimony to keep him locked up."

"They must think you still have feelings for him." I said her face fell. "I know you do." I added.

"I don't think they are the same though, in fact I don't know how I feel about him. In the past when I walked into to room that he was in, my palms would start to sweat. My chest would get tight, making it hard for me to breathe. My mind would go completely blank, and I couldn't concentrate on anything. I used to hate and love that feeling all at the same time. I thought it was what love was supposed to make you feel."

"And now?"

"I haven't been able to test it out, I haven't seen him since that night at the hospital." She looked so small and scared of what could happen if she saw him again.

(Nonnie's POV)

I rolled over and reached for Frank. Then I heard the crinkling of paper. I opened my eyes to see a note:

Non,

We're at least keeping one tradition. I spent the night at Gee's and will see you at the courthouse at noon.

Love,

Frank

P.S. I took Bradyn with me so you could sleep through the night.

A smile crept onto my face. I love that man. I looked over at the clock, I had three hours until I was to be married to the love of my life. I got out of bed and went down the hall to Rachael's room. "Ray," I whispered, thinking she would still be asleep.

"I was wondering when you would wake up. You've been sleep since yesterday afternoon."

"I'm getting married." I said in a sing song voice as I sat on the bed.

"I know," she squeaked. Sitting next to me.

"I'm so excited. I feel like I've waited my whole life to be Mrs. Iero."

"I get it, I get it."

"Do you smell that?" a buttery smell came wafting under my nose. It was reminding Payton that we hadn't eaten since yesterday morning. I hopped off the bed and headed for the kitchen. Rachael picked up Thomas he had been sitting on the floor playing with blocks.

"Hey sleepy head," Pete said sitting at the breakfast bar. Danae stood at the stove cooking.

"Good morning," I said to them.

"I'm making you breakfast, crapes. I have fresh strawberries that I'm going to make into a warm topping and whipped cream, 'cause I know you can't eat anything without it." I smiled.

"You know me so well." she finished cooking and we all sat down at the table and ate.

"I have something for you Non," Pete said leaving us in the living room. When he came back he had a bouquet of flowers. They were red and black lilies.

"Pete what is that?" I asked.

"Every bride needs a bouquet." he kissed my cheek an then picked up Thomas. " Let's go little man."

"Are you sure you wanna do that?" Rachael asked, Pete had volunteered to dress Tommy.

"How hard can it be?" he said walking up stairs and into the nursery. She gave a knowing smile and then we went upstairs so they could help me get dressed, while Pete struggled to dress Thomas in the nursery down the hall. I wasn't sure who was screaming the loudest Pete or Tommy.

Finally we were all dressed and went out and piled into the car. The ride to the court house felt a little weird I can't even began to explain the way I felt. I was excited, nervous, and scared all at the same time. Then we walked into the court house. They had metal detectors and put my bouquet on the conveyer belt. We walked down the hall to the chapel and there were at least ten other brides waiting for their turn with the presiding judge. At least I was original I was the only pregnant one. I looked up and down the hall.

"Where's Frank?" I said

"Nonnie we are about twenty minutes early. He's probably on his way." Janay said.

"He better be..." I started as someone wrapped their arms around me from behind.

"I better be what?" I turned around to see Frank and all the others. They were all dressed alike in black pin-stripped suites, with red ties. The only thing that set Frank apart was that he had a red rose pinned on his suite.

"Here," I said. "You better be here."

"Sorry I had to pick something's up." I looked behind him and Bill, Mike, Andy (The Butcher) and Michael.

"Bill!" Rachael screamed running with Tommy in her arms to him.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"You didn't honestly think we would miss this did you?" Mike said coming over and pulling me into a hug. All of them did. "We had a show in New York tonight, so we gotta go right after this."

"Hey! Wait! Don't say I do yet wait!" I instantly recognized the voice.

"Andy!?" I said as he, Claire, Patrick and Joe came running down the hall. "Did we miss it?"

"No," I said hugging them all. "How?"

"We flew in, an hour ago. Why didn't you call us before we would have flown in with Danae and Pete." Patrick said.

"I...I..." I stuttered, I couldn't think of a reason. I just thought they wouldn't care to see a courthouse wedding.

"There's no excuse," Joe said. I just smiled.

"Iero, and Woods." they called our names and we went into the chapel. It was a pretty small room, I was surprised when all of the, could fit inside. There was a podium in the front of the room with a short woman standing behind it. She wore a button down white shirt and a pair of black slacks. She started the ceremony.

(Frank's POV)

"Do you Frank Anthony Iero, Take Nonnie Lynn Woods to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do," I said with out hesitation.

"Do you Nonnie Lynn Woods take Frank Anthony Iero to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do,"

"Can we have the rings?" I saw a flash of panic come to Nonnie's face.

"We don't have rings. I forgot..."

"Here," Gerard said stepping forward.

"I told you I had to pick something up." I whispered. I opened the box and a removed the white gold 2-caret diamond ring. I reached for her hand and slipped it onto her finger.

"But what about you?"

"I'll get one later, besides I'm going to be paying for yours for the rest of my life." She smiled. I couldn't get over how beautiful she looked. She thought she was huge, when really she hadn't gained much weight at all. Her pregnancy was barely showing.

"You may now kiss the bride." I stepped forward pulling her close and our lips met in our first kiss as a married couple.

"I now present to you Mr. and Mrs. Frank Anthony Iero." The Judge concluded. All our friends gave a loud cheer and we exited the small room.

"Congratulations guys. I wish we could stay longer, but you know how it is." Bill said hugging Non.

"You'll make it up to us later," she said.

"You know I will," he said as his other band mates got hugs from Non too. He ran over to Rachael.

"Hey we have to celebrate," Joe said.

"Actually I kinda have something planned." Gerard said. I looked at him with surprise. "You guys just follow me," He walked off to his car, and we walked over to our car which I'm not sure when or how but was now decorated with cans and things, it also had in white car paint "Just Married" across the back.

"Nice," I said looking at Non's face.

"I didn't know about this either." We both got into the car and then Rachael came over to know on Non's window.

"Don't hate me, but I think I'm going to go with Bill and the Guys. I mean Tommy doesn't want to leave Bill and..."

"Say no more, you've done so much for me over the past day. Go be with your family." Non said.

"You are my family too." She said.

"I know that's why I understand why you have to go with Bill." They kissed each other on the cheek and Rachael ran off back to Bill.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.2K 778 43
He'll Never Forget the look on her face and she'll never forget her first heartache. But when life throws them back into each other's lives. It will...
66 2 35
It's about a couple who ends up being together after being stuck in an abandoned house one stormy night.
269K 11.3K 55
"I Told your bitch Ass you were my good luck charm" Cleo & Ben, probably a very unlikely couple to begin with. The Cocky jock falling in love with t...
709K 40.6K 87
After a terrible break up with her boyfriend, we get inside of Ava's World and how she's handling her business, family and her constant reoccurring e...