Trials of the Hunt

By lavendardoll

When the Wild Hunt rides at night, it blots out the sky and people disappear never to be seen again...or so t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Epilogue

Chapter 69

6 1 0
By lavendardoll

Gannon returned to his abode and walked straight through to the garden. The rains had returned, weighing down the greenery and the flowers. He cast off his clothing as he walked through to his usual place, now marked by an imprint of his body in the muddy patch of flowers. With a heavy sigh he sat down, cross-legged and cleared his mind.

The rain intensified and pelted him as he communed with Taladae. He had seen the visions before, but they were always cloudy. He could never see anything clearly when he communed with Taladae before, and then it was all supposition. What if Padraig were dead? Without an heir, the elder brothers would fight over the throne and war would come to Taladae. What if Kirwin and Sloane were dead? That would leave Naois as king. What if Naois conspired with the sidhe to murder his brothers? Regicide was an awful crime, unspeakable among royalty.

This time was different. He saw it all, every iteration of every decision he would be called upon to make. He saw the faces - all of them. He saw his Horde brethren, his uncles, his father and his brothers. He saw the ancient wooden door to the Hall of Cernunnos move before him as if it had come to life. He saw Naois's betrayal of his father, of the Horde, of House Lupuna. He saw the destruction he was to bring upon House Lupuna and the devastation his mother would suffer when it was all said and done. He was saddened and angered; surprised and appalled.

You know what you must do, young guardian.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 684 31
There was something about being with him that made me... Fearless. ~~~~~~~~~ Howls, creeks, and groans. Meet Dusk. Dusk is, almost your average princ...
16.6K 546 33
A long time ago a prince was cursed by a witch. His only hope of being human was finding a girl that would love him for who he really is. Not just be...
106K 3.4K 26
Being a Human and Werewolf is not that hard as it seems. Well, that is what my mother said. My life is not what it seems is not normal is very compl...
51 4 22
Layton Hammond grew up with a troubling childhood but now he's found his feet and a new family in his pack. All Layton needs now is his mate or so h...