Love vs. Hate (Book Two) [DIS...

By myndless

Five months into the future, things have been going great for both Zariah and August. They share a bond and a... More

Love vs. Hate (Book Two)
chapter 1.
chapter 3.
chapter 4.
chapter 5.
chapter 6.
chapter 7.
chapter 8.
chapter 9.
chapter 10.
chapter 11.
chapter 12.
chapter 13.
chapter 14.
chapter 15.
chapter 16.
chapter 17.
MY BIRTHDAY!
chapter 18.
chapter 19.
chapter 19. (continued)
chapter 20.
chapter 21.
chapter 22.
chapter 23.
chapter 23 (continued)
chapter 24.
chapter 25.
author's note
chapter 26.
Author's Note

chapter 2.

7.8K 346 2
By myndless

August.

"Work work work work work work." Samira sang, causing me to chuckle.

"You sho' like this song huh?" I asked, taking a peek into the rear view mirror, causing her to nod.

"Even though I don't know what she's saying." She shrugged, causing me to laugh.

I licked my lips and smiled. I looked at her through the rear view mirror and saw how she was starting to look more like Zariah everyday. I looked back at the road as she started singing again.

Moments later, my phone vibrated in the cup holder and I glanced down at the unknown number before grabbing my phone and putting it to my ear.

ME: "Hello?"

UNKNOWN: "...Hello? August?"

My eyebrows wrinkled in confusion as to how this person knew my name.

ME: "Yeah wassup, who dis'?"

UNKNOWN: "It's me.....Candice."

I sucked my teeth and was about to take my phone away from my ear before she started talking again.

CANDICE: "Please don't hang up.....I wanna talk to you."

I took a deep breath.

ME: "Make it quick."

CANDICE: "August...I miss you. I miss Samira. I miss us."

ME: "Man, you really called me to feed me some bull? You just tryna waste my time."

I could hear her sobbing on the other line.

CANDICE: "No August, I love you. Please?"

ME: "Have a nice day Candice."

I hang up the phone and threw it back into the cup holder. I took a deep breath and pushed all the thoughts out of my head.

*****

Zariah.

I took a deep breath and slid on my shades before stepping out of my car. I closed the door and grabbed my keys before walking towards the building. I opened the doors and stepped in, feeling the cool breeze smack me in the face.

"Hello, Ms. Zariah." The receptionist, Veronica smiled. I looked at her and smiled back.

"Hey Veronica." I said, and she glanced down at her computer before looking back up at me.

"You can go straight up." She said, and I nodded before walking towards the elevator.

*****

"Hey everyone." I said to my crew as I walked in the room, causing everyone to look up at me.

"Hey Zariah." They said, smiling at me.

The more and more I came to work and had photoshoots, more people knew me. Everybody acknowledged my presence which made me feel good when I walk in.

I walked towards my dressing room and sat my bag down on the chair infront of me.

"Hey Z." Donna said, taking a seat infront of me.

"Hey D." I said. "How are you?"

"I'm great, thanks. What about you?" She asked.

"I'm good.." I said.

"How about my little munchkin? How's she doing??" She asked, referring to Samira.

"Oh, she's good. Turning into a little badass day by day but, she's doing great." I said, and we shared a small laugh.

"Oh that's good. Well, Tony wanted me to come tell you that you're photoshoot is in a hour, so you have enough time to get a quick snack than come back and get dressed and all that jazz." She said, and I nodded.

"Okay, thanks. I'll probably stop by chickfila and grab me a sandwich...Would you like something?" I asked her and jumped down from my chair.

"Oh, well since you offered...Can I get a number 1 meal with a Sprite." She said, and I raised my eyebrow. "Oh and, no pickles on my sandwich."

I chuckled a little.

"Looks like you thought this through." I laughed, picking up my keys and retrieved my wallet from my purse.

"Girl bye, just get me my food." She shooed me away and I laughed and walked right back out the room, down the elevator, and out the door to my car.

******

I sighed and tapped my nails against the table, waiting for the people to call me so I could get my food. I pushed my shades up farther on my nose and looked back down at my phone.

"Zariah."

I took a sigh of relief and practically ran to the front, grabbing my bag of food. I checked to make sure everything was in here before thanking them.

While walking out, I spotted a lady in the corner of my eye.

She had on a short, black dress with a jean jacket ontop and some light beige flats on. Her hair was pulled into a neat bun on her head. She had on some shades so I couldn't really see much of the top half of her face.

I looked at her for a moment and tilted my head.

She stared back at me and we shared a small moment before her name was called and she turned away from me.

I shrugged the weird feeling off and walked out.

***********

I'm so excited for this book omgosh.

Vote and Comment!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55K 1.2K 31
August alsina is the hottest artist out right now with his music going in the right direction he had been truly blessed but the only thing he doesn't...
173K 6.5K 40
read and find out🧍🏾‍♀️..
445K 20K 46
Zariah Seoul. Everything in my life has been a complete downfall. Nothing ever goes right. Just as I drive down the good road, something comes...
128K 2.7K 28
Welcome Babies To August Alsina Imagines Book Two. Hope You Loves Enjoy It