The Mermaid And The Alpha ~ C...

由 _ayzie_

Assyria is the mermaid with the long, weird name, the daughter to one of the oceans most powerful mer leaders... 更多

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen*
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Seven

27.6K 621 154
由 _ayzie_

••• Cameron Forrest •••

I never meant to say that out loud. Shit I've really screwed up this time, but I'm right she can be like that at times. I love her with everything I have but sometimes she gets me so wound up everything just pours out. Then this happens.

"This your fault." Marlowe muttered for about the hundredth time and I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't call her a bitch! I just implied that she acts like one sometimes." I mumbled the last part looking away. We were driving to his uncle's house, apparently that's where she was staying. Even though Marlowe good swim there faster then I could snap my fingers he thought it'd be better to drive and give her some time to think. I just wanted her back, I missed her and the guilt was overwhelming.

"Of course she acts like a bitch, she is a bitch but you don't actually call her that! You just acknowledge that your mate is one crazy psycho bitch and move on." He said and I groaned rubbing my face. A sleek black motorbike passed us swerving dangerously close to the car, Marlowe honked on the horn before shouting profanities at the rider out of the window. So this is where my mate get's her foul language from. Marlowe scowled at the road whilst I just sat there looking at him.

"What?" He asked innocently and I shook my head at him. If grown close to Ria's family and her brothers welcomed me as I was one of them. They were the brothers I never had.

"You're insane." I chucked shaking my head and he just grinned nodding his head.

"Aren't we all..."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

••• Assyria Widimer •••

"Assyria? Sorry to wake you sweetheart but there's a man on the shore asking for you." Uncle Adriatic said softly waking me up, his voice was distorted from the water but you could still hear his kindness as he spoke. He was one of those people who could be so loving and caring but at the same time lead an army of mer to war.

Groaning I sat up from the sea floor tossing the sand off my tail and stretching. I knew he'd find me eventually, Cameron just won't give up till he finds me. My uncle grinned at me as he swam towards me and sat down next to me.

"You know you dot have to go back, you can stay here for as long as you want." He said with a smile but I shook my head sadly, as much as I loved staying here I had a job to do and that was take down Simon and his pack. 

"I have to go back, besides Cameron is probably going off his tits by now." I grinned and my uncle laughed. We swam out of the cave I'd been staying in and up to the top. We stopped just before our heads hit the surface and said our good byes. He left to go back to his Mer duties and I started to swim back to the shore.

I headed for the rocks and hauled myself up onto them before quickly drying off using my heating powers. Within a matter of minutes I was walking on two legs again, it had been four days since my argument with Cameron and in all honesty I did miss him. That still didn't mean he was off the hook though, yeah sure I might be over reacting but seriously, like I don't have enough to deal with.

As I ran out onto the beach I slowed down confused, the man had his back to me and I was confused. It was Mason not Cam.

"Mason?" I called out and he turned, his bright blue eyes landed on me and he smiled. Jogging over to him I smiled back, why was he here? Was Cameron with him?

"Hey, I've come to take you home. Simon's putting the first stages of the plan through and I need your help to stop him. Plus I thought you might want to join in on this one." He added and I nodded. We walked up the small path on the beach leading to a car park and walked over to a huge black motorbike. I grinned at the sight, I love motorbikes!

"Is this yours?" I said touching the cold metal, he lifted a leg over the bike. I had to admit, he looked hot. His mate was one lucky girl.

"No, it's Jack's. It's a Yamaha YZF-R1." He said smiling sadly at the mention of his brother, just as I was about to climb on the back a car pulled up and out stepped Cameron and Marlowe.

I stood there surprised and my heart fluttered in excitement to see him again, I quickly pushed the emotion away remembering I was mad with him. Folding my arms over my chest I raised my chin keeping a mask of stone on my face.

"What do you want?" I barked at the two of them, he wanted a bitch remember? Cam blinked at my tone and stopped right in front of me making the clever decision not to come any closer. He ran a hand through his hair nervously.

"Look, I'm sorry. I never meant to call you that-"

"But you did." I said coldly interrupting him, he ground his jaw annoyed but tried again. I knew I was over-reacting but I was so stressed out with trying to protect him and my brothers and trying to figure out a way to take down Simon without the pack and my family getting attacked- Basically my head was about to explode.

"Yes but I'm sorry and I love you and I want to work this out-"

"But you called me a bitch." I reminded him with raised eyebrows.

"And I'm sorry!" He snapped back, I narrowed my eyes at his tone but he spoke again.

"Let's just go home and we can talk more about it there?" He pleaded but I shook my head.

"There's nothing to talk about, I'm a bitch you said so yourself." I shrugged and he groaned.

"You're coming home at least right?" Marlowe asked stepping forward and I nodded. They both seemed to brighten up at that and turned back towards the car.

"Okay good, get in the back and I'll drive you home." My brother spoke but I didn't move from my place.

"No." They both froze, nobody spoke for a couple of minutes. Marlowe was the first to break the silence.

"What do you mean no?" He snapped and I rolled my eyes. I didn't want to spend the entire car journey back in the car getting interigated by him and Marlowe I just didn't have the energy to lie to them right now.

"I mean that Mason will give me a ride." I explained, Marlowe shrugged and clambered inside the car shutting the door behind him. Apparently Cam had other ideas.

"No way in hell." He spat glaring at Mason, I held my head up defiantly.

"Yes I am."

"You don't even have a helmet."

"Here's on." Mason spoke up handing me a helmet as he slipped on his own.

"Ria please just come with me." He begged, it broke my heart listening to his voice. Shaking my head I climbed on the back of the bike and Mason revved the engine.

"I'll see you later." I whispered before Mason drove off back to the main road.

I love you, I'm sorry I said that. You mean the world to me Ria I don't know what I was thinking... Cam sent to me through the mind link and I grimaced instantly. Okay maybe I should forgive him, I mean I was being kinda harsh and-

Ria I can hear you thinking... God damn it!

Get out of my head, I'm still angry with you... I huffed and I could practically hear the smirk in his voice.

No you're not, if you were you'd put the wall up... He pointed out and I grinned as my evil mind came up with the worlds most ingenious plan (Not really, I'm only going to make him jealous)!

Okay then if you're so intent on reading my thoughts... I said and started imagining Mason and I kissing. I felt dirty doing it, yeah the boy's hot and he's a great guy but I have a mate and so does he. Of course that doesn't mean anything to Cam, silly over protective mate.

Mine... He hissed and I chuckled knowing my plan worked.

Then stay out of my head! I snapped before putting the wall out blocking him out. Him seeing that image of Mason and I will keep him restless and pissed till we got home. On the plus side his bad attitude will probably piss off Marlowe as well so yay me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

••• Mason Anderson •••

Ella... I tried again. I don't know what I was thinking, I never get an answer. It's like she can here and feel me, but she can't reply. It's driving me crazy. She's my mate and she means the world to me, and as much as I love my brother I can't believe he'd do this to me. I can't exactly blame him though, he's just doing what Simon tells him too. It still doesn't make it right that he chose a rogue over me, his own brother.

From behind me I could here Assyria muttering away, the little girl didn't know that when she's talking to her boyfriend through the mind link she tends to say the words out loud. The amount of times I've caught her talking dirty out loud by mistake is disturbing. And I've only known her for a few days!

She's amazing and Cameron is lucky to have her as his mate, she's a great friend and I already think of her as my baby sister. She just has that personality that instantly makes you want to protect her, maybe it's the mermaid thing I dunno.

Speaking of which I have absolutely no idea if that's true or not, apparently she brought both pack's under her control the other day. I was out doing an errand for Simon with my brother when this happened, he only asked us to go and book him a table at some restaurant down town. To be honest I think he just wanted rid of us arguing all the time.

Have you found her? My brother Jack asked through the pack link and I scowled at the sound of him, I couldn't help it my wolf hates the sight if him for what he's done.

Yeah, we're on the way back now... I told him and he was silent for a moment.
Why don't we just take her now? I tensed up on the bike and my hands gripped at the handlebars.

Not happening... I growled, Ri was my friend and I wasn't going to let her be taken. She's the only one that can help save my mate.

Yes this is perfect, it can be a surprise for Simon! He'll be so proud... He sighed happily and I scowled shaking my head.

No Jack...

Why? I didn't reply, I couldn't tell him at the risk that I'll never get my mate back.

I'm already on my way, I'll be there in ten minutes... He said before blocking me out and I swore.

"What's up?" Ria said from behind me, I could hear her over the wind with my wolf hearing.

"Jack's coming to take you, he wants it to be a surprise for Simon." I shouted to her and she froze up.

"Well now we're in some deep shit." She said and I chuckled, always so casual about the danger she's in.

"No shi-" I was cut off by a large force hitting the bike, it flipped up and I let go of the handlebars and wrapped my arms around Ri. We fell off and I twisted my body so I landed on my back with her in top of me. I felt my shoulder dislocate on impact and I groaned in pain, Ri was curled on top of me frightened. Slowly I stood up and pulled her to her feet, we stood there panting for a second and I looked around. Where are Cameron and Marlowe? Out of the corner of my eye I saw a large beige tan wolf watching the two of us and I closed my eyes in despair. It was Jack that hit the bike.

"Cameron's on his way back now." Ri said her eyes wary on Jack in wolf form.

Jack don't, he needs her in his plan, you can't just hand her over it doesn't work like that... I told him, he ignored me and started walking towards us.

"It's coming towards us." Ri said calmly but you could tell she was scared.

Jack go... I told him, I heard the sound of tires squealing behind me.

"GO!" I shouted and Jack took off in the opposite direction.

I turned back and Cameron was already out of the car and checking Ri over for injuries, I really hope she was okay. She was already trying to calm her mate down and I looked away. I missed that. I missed Ella.

"I'm okay Cameron, I'm okay."

~*~

"What happened?"
"Is she okay?"
"Is she hurt?"
"Who do we kill?"

Those were the four most popular questions asked by my brothers. Rolling my eyes I stood off the couch slapping Morgan's hand away as he tried to sit me back down again. I was fine! No broken bones, nothing. Mason protected me pretty well when we came off the bike.

"Would you fannies relax I'm fine." I rolled my eyes at them and Morgan hugged folding his arms over his chest.

"You'd say that even if you weren't fine." I nodded mildly.

"Yes, yes I would." He scowled at my answer. We were sitting in the front room of the pack house, Mason was standing in the corner looking distant. I wander what he's thinking about? After his shoulder was fixed he hadn't really said much about the accident. Well, when I say accident I mean a giant-big-ass-scary-wolf kind of accident. The bloody thing nearly gave me a heart attack.

"Thank you for making sure she was safe." Merrick thanked Mason who nodded slowly, Cameron rubbed my back affectionately and I smiled at him. They knew another wolf was there at the time but I told them it was probably just another wolf running about and the scent must have drifted near us. To my surprise and Mason's relief they believed it. I'll need to talk to him about Jack later but for now I think I should just leave it.

"You are never allowed on a bike again." Merrick said pointing at me and I gaped at him annoyed. He held up his hand cutting me off and I scowled.

"All in favour say aye."
"Aye."
"Aye."
"Aye."
"Aye."
"Aye."
"Aye."
"Aye." I glared at Mason who smirked at me.
"Why are you agreeing to this?!" I said annoyed and he chuckled in return.

"Because I want to avoid a beating from your brothers." We all laughed at that, all apart from Cameron. He frowned at Mason.

"Why aren't you afraid of a beating from me?!" Mason laughed loudly and I snickered. Cam gave me a look and I shut up quickly.

"You I'm not so scared of." Cam opened his mouth again to speak but I stood up cutting him off.

"Right, I'm going for a swim." I declared loudly before walking out of the room. I heard Cassy walk out behind me and we both strolled towards the cliff edge. She stopped us and grinned at me evilly.

"I'll race you?" I nodded excitedly, she laughed then suddenly a sink whole swarmed around me. Cassy laughed at my reaction before running for the cliff. Well fine then! If you want to play dirty then so be it.

I crawled my way out of the mucky water and quickly dried off my tail, looking up I saw Cassy was still heading for the cliff edge. I smirked and held my hand up pointing it at her. The clouds above us started to swarm angrily, she looked up in confusion then back at me. I winked at her and her face fell.

"Assyria don't you dare-" She was cut off by a small bolt of lightning shooting directly at her from the sky. She screamed and her body flipped, she landed on her back and I could hear her groaning from where I was standing. I started laughing at her reaction when a window on the top floor of the pack house opened. Zale leant halfway out of the window screaming at me, I stopped laughing an started running. I didn't want to be caught by Zale especially since I just struck his girlfriend by lightening.

I ran then launched myself off the cliff edge, it wasn't long till I hit the ocean and my tail emerged. I saw Cassy leap off the cliff and within seconds she was in the water with me. She glared at me jokingly.

"You struck me by lighting." I laughed and shrugged at her.

"Why thank you, I know how much of a great influence I am on the weak minded!" I sighed pretending to sound flattered, she slapped my arm and I grinned at her.

We swam around for a couple of hours loosing track of the time, by the time we resurfaced it was dark and Cam reached me through the mate bond wanting me to come home. Sighing I hauled myself out of the water and onto the jetty, after quickly drying off I walked back up to the pack house. Cassy was staying out as Zale was joining her any second now. Quite frankly I don't want to be in the middle of the two when they're in the water!

"How was your swim?" I heard Mason ask coming up behind me, we walked over to the house slowly.

"It was good, sometimes I just need to get away from it all." I murmured and he sighed.

"I can relate." He said and I looked at him. His face was tired and sad, I felt bad for him. His mate was taken by his own brother, if that doesn't say 'she's not accepted into the family' I don't know what is.

"How's Jack?" I asked quietly, we stopped walking and he rubbed his face.

"He's disappointed that he never got you, and he blames me for it of course." He said tersely, I grimaced patting him on the shoulder. I've never been known for being caring so this was the best he was gonner get out of me. He looked at my hand on his shoulder and laughed, I grinned running my hand through my hair.

"Oh Assyria." He sighed shaking his head still laughing, I chuckled with him. We headed into the house still laughing and stopped in the hall. Cam stood in front of us glaring angrily at Mason.

"Where have you been?" He growled still glaring at Cam, I narrowed my eyes at him and slapped his chest to get his attention.

"Watch your tone wolf boy." He ignored me and kept his focus on Mason. The two puffed out their chests and stood taller, it seemed like they were having some kind of 'buff down'. Groaning loudly at the pair I stood in between them.

"Hey, tiny mermaid in the middle here!" I said annoyed, Cam looked down at me and smirked.

"Pipe down Ariel" He teased and I gaped. Hell no he did not just relate me to a Disney character.

"I am not a red head!" I snapped at him and he laughed a teasing glint still in his eyes. I think he seemed to enjoy annoying me, jerk.

"No but I'm sure you have crabs." He joked and I raised an eyebrow, that was a very bad joke.

"Darling it's better, down where it's wetter-" I slapped him on the arm cutting him off as he recited 'under the sea', of course he would have to go and make it sound dirty wouldn't he.

"You're disgusting!" I said but I couldn't help but laugh. I turned around and noticed Mason had left, I felt bad that he felt that he had to leave because of us. I had become good friends with him and that's all it was, I really wanted to help him find his mate Ella. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I pulled it out. It was a text from Mason.

He's starting his plan tonight, I'll come and pick you up at 12:00pm.

I quickly texted back a reply.

I'll see you then.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

••• Mason Anderson •••

"Ow would you watch it up there?!" I hissed annoyed, that was the third time she'd kicked me in the head in under fifteen minutes, and yes, it takes a mermaid fifteen minuets to climb down the side of a house.

"Why did you have to wear pumps?" I groaned and she shushed me and tried to wiggle her way down.

"They match the rest of the outfit." She snapped finally jumping to the ground.

Ri didn't want to sneak out of the house through the front door so she decided to climb down the side of the house, that seemed to be going just fine until she got stuck. She refused to use her powers of controlling the weather to set her down on the ground because she was afraid she'd wake everyone up. That then meant I had to climb up the house to try and get her, I was just going to carry her down but no, apparently that was way too mainstream for this hipster mermaid.

Ri decided to climb her way down my body, and yes it is as painful and awkward as you think it is. She ended up standing on my shoulders for a while, she then (as she put it) shimmied her way down to the floor and I followed quickly after her.

"It's not a bloody fashion parade." I grumbled leading her off into the forest.

"Who says you can't stop a wolf planning to kill everyone you love and not look good doing it?!" She joked at me but I could tell she was nervous. I wrapped an arm around her pulling her close, it was easy to love Ri. She just had the personality and the smile that made you want to kill and protect at the same time.

"It'll be fine." I promised her and she nodded but didn't look convinced.

"So, exactly is he planning to do tonight?" She asked and I took a deep breath.

"He's planning to take the children of the pack." Her eyes widened in fear and anger. Fear for her pack and anger that Simon would do such a thing. Honestly I'm surprised myself, these are innocent children.

"I'm sorry, what?!" She spat angrily, and I shook my head not believing it myself.

"He knows how attached the children are to you, so he figured he'd take them and make it look like just another rogue attack." Ri shook her head confused.

"How the hell does he plan to do this?"

"Remember when you first saw Simon again in your bedroom? Didn't you ever think it was funny how nobody in your pack notised a rogue wolf in the future luna's bedroom?" She nodded.

"Well Simon has some friends in the Hunter community, they don't have a scent as well." Ri waved all of this off.

"Yeah I know about the Hunters, they for have a scent so that they can attack without you knowing." I looked at her surprised and she gave me an innocent look.

"What? I do my homework." I chuckled shaking my head.

"Anyway the Hunters isolated the gene in their blood which makes their scent disappear and literally converted it into a pill. That night Simon was in your room he took the pill as a test run." I explained and she looked confused. 

"Why didn't he just kill me then? I mean what do the children have to do with any of this?" She said and I have her a look.

"You know Simon, he likes to play his games and if he killed you then and their it would have been to quick. He wants to drag it out and make as many people hate you before he kills you, then after he plans to attack the pack and by the time they figured out what Simon was planning it would be too late." I told her and she looked away.

"Well don't sugar coat it." I heard her mumble and I grinned looking at her.

"I learnt from the best."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

••• Assyria Widimer •••

"I learnt from the best." He said with a grin and I chuckled as we walked on. As he lead us further into the woods I let my mind wander, maybe I should just hand myself over? I mean I don't want the children getting hurt, there aren't many in our pack and the oldest is only seven years old. What have they done to deserve this? Why should they suffer when all I needed to do was just-

"I know what you're thinking and I'm not letting you do it." He said and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Just hear me out-"

"No Assyria, we're going to stop Simon tonight so those children are not in any danger. Plus are you seriously thinking about letting him win? I thought you were more stubborn then that?" Mason said turning to me and I looked at him.

I was just thinking about all the possibilities and I knew he had to of thought this over as well. By the look he gave me I could tell he had actually thought about it, normally I would have been offended but right now it seemed like a good idea. He looked away rubbing his face before turning back to me.

"If the worse comes to the worse, that is a possible idea." He spoke quietly and I nodded, all he wanted was his mate back so I could understand where he was coming from. He would do anything for her.

"Come on." I spoke trying to get off the depressing subject, he lead us to the edge of the forest and we stopped and hid amongst the bushes.

In a clearing ahead of us we could see where Simon and his pack were staying, they refused to stay in the pack house and only Mason and I knew why. It was so that if anything went wrong in his master plan he would have a quick getaway. It looked like he was addressing the pack about what the plan was, I was kind of worried that they would recognise Mason's scent but he was supposed to be there so everything would be fine. Just another blonde moment I guess.

"The pills are on the other side of the pack." Mason whispered quietly, and I rolled my eyes at my luck.

"Of course they are, so what's the plan?" I asked and he looked at me.

"Plan?" Great, just great.

"Okay I'll make a distraction and you move the pills." He whispered and I nodded, great plan. Mason got up and ran over to Simon and the pack looking excited, I wonder what he's going to say-

"The mermaid is outside the house now, she's on her own. We can kill her now!" He said and I scowled, the jerk.

"Simon nodded to a few guys and they left with Mason to go to the pack house." Okay so the plan failed, typical. The rest of the pack was still here sitting around the camp fire, how traditional. I snuck round the pack and found a caravan with two guards standing by it. That must be where they're keeping the pills. I chuckled to myself as I pulled out my gun and dagger, as I put the silencer on my gun I smiled. I would make an amazing spy.

Using my power of controlling the weather I slowly made a small gust of wind blow past them, I watched as the shivered and I made a small trickle of rain fall directly over the two guard's heads. They looked up annoyed and ran off over towards where I stood, one of them saw me and was about to call out to the other guard when I fired three shots at him. He fell to the ground dead instantly just as the other guard ran over to me, slashing him several times on the chest with my dagger I swung my leg behind his and he fell to the ground. I held the dagger high before plunging it deep into the rogue wolf's heart.

I felt no remorse for killing these wolves, they planned to hurt innocent children so I honestly didn't care what happened to them. Putting my gun and dagger away I held my left hand up towards the caravan, after a few moments the caravan instantly burst into flames and exploded right before my eyes.

I flew back into a tree behind me and I felt my leg snap on impact, it was the same leg I broke when Simon took me. I cried out in pain and tried to hobble away, I could hear the wolves behind me and somebody picked me up in their arms. Mason looked down at me worriedly as we carried me, half running half walking back towards the pack house.

Looking back over his shoulder I smiled, a large fire grew over where Simon was staying. The pills were destroyed and the children were safe. I looked down at my broken leg with the smile wide on my face. Totally worth it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

••• Cameron Forrest •••

My eyes snapped open and I instantly clutched at my leg crying out in pain. What the hell? I reached out on the bed searching for my mate and my eyes widened. Where was Ria?! Getting out of the bed I limp over to the window, I large fire grew over at the corner of the pack's territory where Simon and his pack stayed. I groaned shaking my head, Assyria what the hell have you done? I know she hates Simon, I don't know why but I know that they both no something nobody else does.

Looking out of the window I watched as Mason walked up to the pack house with Ria laughing away in his arms. It started to rain suddenly and the pain in my leg vanished. Ria hopped out of Mason's arms and gave him a huge hug, growling I stormed down the stairs and yanked open the door. They leapt apart looking guilty, Ria looked at anything but me which just made me even more angry.

I had a feeling her and Mason were getting close and I'm terrified that I'm going to lose her, we're not as close as we used to be. It's never been the same since she was kidnapped.

"Want to explain to me what's going on?" I asked in a tight voice, my wolf was just on the brink of coming out but I held him back. I was so angry it was unbelievable, and it wasn't my wolf's anger it was mine.

"We were just out for a walk-"

"Don't fucking lie to me Assyria!" I shouted, and she shrank back slightly. Any other day I would have apologised but I was so angry with her. She could have been seriously hurt, or worse.

"Hey don't talk to her like that!" Mason shouted back at me stepping forward so he was slightly in front of Ria. I glared at him and he glared back.

"Stay out of this Mason." I growled and he stood his ground.

"She has been through enough tonight Cameron, just let her get some sleep and we can discuss this tomorrow." He said moving forward with Ria behind him, I blocked his path and he glared at me.

"No, I want to know where the two of you have been and I want to know now! Also, there is no we. Ria and I will talk about it now." I said glaring at her, she shifted slightly and Mason stood directly in front of her.

"I'm taking her to bed now." Mason said ignoring my comment. I growled and before I knew it my fist was flying straight towards his face.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

••• Assyria Widimer •••

Shitshitshitshitshitshitshit! My mind repeated over and over again as I watched the two fighting. Okay this is fine, we can fix this I told myself.

"Would the two of you quit it!" I screamed at them, the two carried on punching each other. Suddenly Cam flew back and turned into his all white wolf. I groaned, shit. Mason shifted and turned into his wolf and I rolled my eyes stepping in between the two.

"Enough!" I bellowed setting myself on fire, my whole body erupted in flames at the two wolves stopped and gaped at me, all thoughts of the fight lost.

"I am sick and tired of your overprotective wolf shit Cameron Forrest." I growled at him, he shifted back into human form and found a pair of jeans and pulled them on. Mason shifted back as well and he pulled on a pair if shorts he'd found lying around. Mason stood up and looked at me sadly, he wasn't upset for fighting Cam, I knew that. He looked sad for me, I knew the look.

He would never tell me what to do but you could tell what he was thinking easily. Gulping I took a deep breath, turning to Cameron. I put up a cold mask on my face. So he couldn't see my emotions, so he couldn't see how I was lying the whole time.

"Cameron I think we should break up." It went silent. Like, fricken end of the world silent. It seemed to stay like that forever. Nobody spoke. Nobody moved. Hell, nobody even breathed. The three of us stood there, processing what just happened. Even I was surprised that I said it, but it's the best thing for everyone. I mean it's what Simon wanted, plus when Mason and I are taking down the rogues I won't have to worry about him getting hurt. It sounds selfish cutting him out like this, but when it's over I'll tell him and hopefully he'll forgive me.

"What?" He asked in a broken whisper. His face had turned a deadly, ash white colour. He looked terrified and hurt at the same time. Ignoring the blinding hurt I felt in my heart I carried on, I couldn't stop now. I had to see it through.

"I think we should break up, what part of that didn't you understand?!" I sneered at him, he looked at me hurt and shocked. It was almost too painful to look at him like this.

"Ria, don't do this. If it's something I've done let me fix it. Just don't do this." He begged, his eyes tearing up slightly. 

"Cameron, I don't want you." I hissed at him, his eyes looked so in pain I almost cried myself.

"What-"

"Where do you think Mason and I keep sneaking off to? I want him, not you." I said and he looked between the two of us. The anger was gone, all that was left was hurt and sadness.

"Assyria don't do this, please. I love you-"

"No Cameron, I should of done this a long time ago, I'm sorry I let it go on for so long."

"Ria please I need you, don't leave me." It broke my heart to hear him like this but it needed to be done, I wouldn't let him get hurt because of me. 

"Let's go Mason." I said taking his hand and turning away. We started to walk off the porch and onto the driveway. Cameron jumped in front me, placing his hands on my shoulders he held me still looking me dead in the eyes.

"You don't want him Assyria, you told me the Mer only fall in love once. You fell in love with me Ria, you can't be with him when you fell in love with me." His eyes looked at me, bright and hopeful. Pushing his hands away I laughed coldly in his face.

"Look at you Cameron. You're pathetic, and you're mad if you honestly believed I fell in love with you!" I laughed again coldly, the words felt like acid in my mouth. It actually hurt to say them to him. 

"Prove it." He responded darkly, I stayed silent looking at him.

"Prove it Ria, if you really love him more than you love me. Prove it." I grinned at him laughing coldly, turning my back to him I shrugged.

"Suit yourself."

Pulling Mason's head towards mine I placed my lips hard on his. He flinched slightly and I did everything I could not to pull away. Everything about the kiss felt wrong and I could tell he felt the same way. I felt bad for doing it, especially since he has a mate. When we pulled back he looked at me shocked, I grinned at him and pulled him into a hug before turning back to Cameron. His face looked broken. That was the only way I could describe it. He look like I had just tore out his heart and spat on it. Betrayal, sadness, despair, pain, just some of the emotions you could see in his eyes.

"Goodbye Cameron." I smirked taking Mason's hand and walking down the driveway. We climbed into my porshe and drove back to my house. The drive over there was silent, I was trying not to burst into tears like a giant ass baby and Mason just looked plain uncomfortable. I felt bad for him, getting lip-raped by a mermaid at half one in the morning isn't what I would call "fun" either.

"I'm so sorry-"

"Don't Mason, it had to be done we both know it. The bitchier I act towards him the better, Simon needs to think I'm not in love with him anymore. That I have no feelings for him whatsoever, and if Cam gets hurt in the process it will be worth it. It'll keep him safe." I said firmly, he nodded and it wasn't long before we pulled up at the house. My family were all staying at the pack house tonight, well right now I imagine they're trying to help out at the pack.

"How are we going to play this?" He asked as we climbed out of the car and walked over to the door, he looked slightly embarrassed about asking and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh calm your man boobs Mason, we aren't actually going to be dating. I think we've established I am way too good for you." I winked and he chuckled then smiled sadly at me. 

"You don't have to put that wall up for me you know." He said quietly and I grinned shaking my head opening the door.

"No but it sure as heck makes me feel better."

"Okay, we have secretly been having an affair. You're the one I am supposed to be in love with, not Cameron. If anybody asks you about our fake relationship then just tell them to ask me about it." I told him and he nodded then shuddered. 

"I'm sorry but even the thought of dating you is gross." He said disgustedly and I huffed.

"You should be lucky to fake-date me, lot's of other guys would be."

"Then pick one of them!"

"No, we've already told Cameron."

"Don't I get a say in this relationship?"

"Nope."

He walked off towards the kitchen grumbling as he went and I snickered, he was such a baby. I was trying my best not to think of how I just broke Cam's heart no more than five minutes ago. If I block out the feelings and the pain now and get the whole Simon thing over and done with, I can mope and be depressed about it after. I followed Mason into the kitchen and stood at the door and watched as he helped himself to a sandwich. Grinning at him I walked in and sat down next to him.

"Assyria Maris Nerrisa Widimer you are in so much trouble!" My father's voice roared through the house, I winced and looked at Mason.

"You think they figured out what we did?" I asked and he shrugged biting into his sandwich.

"We're through here Daddy." I said in my sweetest voice. I quickly sat on Mason's lap slapping his sandwich onto the plate.

"I was eating that, and get off me I'm taken."

"We have to make it look like we're a couple." I hissed and he rolled his eyes before scowling.

"Fine, but you owe me a sandwich." As if on cue my family marched into the room. You could see the anger on my father's face and I swallowed, oh boy.

"Yes Daddy?" I said sweetly and he shook his head angrily, oh boy he does not look happy.

"Don't you yes Daddy me Assyria!" He shouted and I winced, I think he might know about me blowing up the caravan.

"You blew up a caravan!" He said pacing the room, I stayed quiet. Well it looks like he guessed that one then.

"Did you help her?" Dad said glaring at Mason, I looked at him surprised he was staying so calm.

"Is this the caravan that's on my pack's land?" He asked and Dad nodded angrily. 

"It wouldn't make sense for me to blow up a caravan on my own pack's land. Besides, I was with Ri all night." He lied smoothly, Dad looked at me and I nodded looking away. I hated lying to my family but it was the only thing to do to keep them safe.

"What about Cameron?" Mum asked stepping forward and I shrugged ignoring the searing pain in my heart when I heard his name.

"We broke up, turns out I was wrong. Mason's the one." I said firmly, Mason grimaced slightly but held still. From the outside we probably looked the furthest thing from a couple in love but we had to keep up appearances for Cameron. My mother nodded her head in obviously not believing a word we said. 

"Mm-hmm." She drawled and I rolled my eyes looking away. I stood up and pulled Mason to his feet.

"Mason and I are going to bed, we'll see you in the morning." I said walking away, Dad blocked my path and glared at Mason.

"He'll be sleeping in the spare room I presume?" It wasn't a question, you could tell by the tone of his voice and I nodded with a smirk.

"Eh...yeah." With that we ran out of the kitchen and up to my bedroom. Mason looked at me disgustedly then at the bed.

"I don't actually have to sleep with you right?" I laughed and shook my head. 

"No but we should sleep in the same room just in case. You can have to couch." I said pointing to the sofa at the side of my room. Chucking an extra pillow at his head he yelped then scowled at me before yanking a blanket off my bed. I laughed. 

"Always such a gentlemen."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

••• Jack Anderson •••

"Jack don't leave me." My mate Scarlett whimpered and my heart broke at the sound. Clutching her cold hands through the bars I kissed them quickly before stroking her face. My beautiful mate sobbed not letting me go. 

"Come on boy, we haven't got all day." Simon said sounding bored and I growled lowly at him before turning back to my mate. 

"I'm going to get you out Scar I promise." She sobbed and crystal teardrops rolled down her pale and tight cheekbones then mixing in with her tangled white blonde hair. It was heart breaking to look at her. She was so underweight her bones stuck out looking sharp and painful, her normally beautifully short, straight white blonde hair was knotty and tangled. The worst thing to look at was her eyes, her normally gorgeous chocolate brown eyes were sad and fearful. I couldn't stand to look at her like this, I can't take it. I need help. I need my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote/fan/comment

_ayzie_

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

3.7K 222 12
Vick has been killed. The women saved and go back to their mates or those that are still alive. Bree has finally given into knowing what true love an...
3.9K 80 34
Michael Kendrickson is going to become the Alpha of the Dark Moon Pack in two days. But, he has one problem: He doesn't have his mate! He is nineteen...
255K 7.8K 39
Jordan lived a happy married life with her Prince Charming. She could never imagine she lived a life of lie until she took small trip on her annivers...
151K 5K 22
{Sequel to My Alpha Mate} Once every 10,000 years a single vampire/wolf hybrid child will be born a half demon wolf. When the chosen child comes of a...