The Chase. ( REVISING)(Urban)

By Jaee_101

Zaria is young girl with big dreams. Beginning her senior year in high school, she has to balance graduation... More

Cast Call.
My Typical Morning
The Day Goes On.
The Day Goes On Pt.2
"Relationship Status" P.1
Meet up.
Relationship Status Pt.2
Relationship Status Pt.3
FML
After The Fact .
After School Ends
Where Did You Come from? (Just Dewayne's Pov)
Friends Pt. I
Friends (Part II)
New Beginning
Fired?
It's Over
It's Over (Part II)
The Name Game.
Run Away .
Run Away Pt.II
F.R.I.E.N.D.S
A Small Piece Of Rebellion
Z's Rebellion
Fairy Godmother.
Suspicious Behavior
Making It Official Pt.1
Strike One
Suspicions
I Got Chu
Reunited (Making It Official Pt2)
Mall and Chill (Dewayne's Pov)
A New Outlook
Click Out
Caught
The Invite
Dinner?
Crunch Time
Busted
What Happens now?
Reconcile
The Dilemma.
First Day on the Job
Ugly Truths.
A/N (Not an Update)
Business And Such.
Date Night Pt.I
Startin Somethin' (Date Night Part II)
Before I Release This New Update..
Old Ties, Chilling Reconnections
Old Ties, Chilling Reconnections (Part II)
Guess Who? (Pt I)
Guess Who (Part II)
Conclusion to the Beginning.
Conclusion to the Beginning Pt.II
A Slight Shift
Trying Again
Trying Again Pt. II
Let's Go
Old Memories Equals New Ideas
The Start of Big Things
Start of Big Things Pt.2
Catch up
Catch Up Pt.2
Game Day
I'm Glad You Came
Whoa.
Calculations
Calculations Pt.2
NEW NEW (A/N)
Out My House!
I'm Right Here
The Day Off Pt. 1
Meanwhile...
A Simple Conversation
Pressed
So About Tonight...
The Preparation
Something About The Night (Pt.1)
A/N & Face Reveal
Something About The Night (Pt.2)
Back to the Norm

What Goes Around...On the Other Side

45.3K 1.6K 1.2K
By Jaee_101

(Zaria Fine Ass in Media )

Narrator's Pov

A lot has transpired in Tracey's life since her last encounter with Zaria. Not only has she been laying low but she was still just as persistent now than she was previously to get Dewayne back her arms. She thought about how lately he just ignored her at school, and even when she thought about popping back up again, she could never get away from Javonte long enough. She found herself growing more uncomfortable with how often Dewayne would hang around Zaria at school.

Tracey's Pov

Today felt a fever dream. And as if today couldn't get any weirder, Dewayne and the bitch didn't show. I wasn't born yesterday, I know they are most likely together. For him to tell me that they are just friends and I shouldn't have worried about her, just for him to always be around her as soon as we separate is crazy. I knew I was onto something from the very moment I saw her talking to him the first time.

 She really thinks she's the slick. Trying to be his "friend."  It is clear that she definitely had a motive from the start, and because of that I am going to make sure I get my lick back.

I got something in store for her and her friends and Wayne's fraud ass homeboys.

Sitting down, I check my messages while I wait . I had 2 unread messages from Javonte.

From: Javonte💕💕😈😈👅💦💦💦

Baby we still chilling @ 5?

From: Javonte💕💕😈😈👅💦💦💦

My place or yours?

That brought a smile to my face. Part of me missed him but I used to us being limited on the time week to week. He had days where he would be extra busy moving weight with his boys. We weren't on relationship terms by any means, but it was a necessity that we had to be around each other. So anytime our schedules could align, I was a little excited.

Checking the time, I realized it was a little after noon. I am still waiting on Mikeyla and Tanisha. We were planning to hit the mall today as a group. But I knew, people would flake out. Specially,  when I asked Sadie if she was coming she declined and left. But it is what it is. 

They need to hurry up. They be the mains ones wanting to always want to chill but take forever. Mikelya said she had some tea about something that happened  yesterday. But if they didn't come in the next 15 minutes, they were going to have to just meet me at the mall.

I decided to give her one more warning via text before I sped off. It took me a while to find Mikeyla's number since it isn't saved. In fact the only reason I remember it is because I managed to remember the last 4 digits, and she calls me the most.

To: +1-832-225-9881 (Not real just made up)

Bring yo ass! I got things to do and people to see .

After that I replied to Javonte.

To: Javonte (Zaddy)💕💕😈😈👅💦💦💦

Definitely still linking. You could pull up here, my mom is going to be outta town again!

 I can't wait to see you.

To : Tanisha🙃😴

Tell Mikeyla to bring her ass on, before she ends up walking home, working my last damn nerve.

Outside of that, my messages were dry. There was one person I really wanted to talk to again but he blocked my number. 

It doesn't stop me from lurking on my finsta.  His Instagram username was still in my search history. He had just recently posted on his story. 

Fuck he is so damn sexy. I really wish he would take my calls, because I want to work things out. For one, the sex was bomb ass fuck. Like top 2 but ain't number 2. When talking to other girls about some of their sexual experiences, I realized just how fortunate I was to have come across what I had. But since that wasn't available to me at the moment, I leaned more into my other steady situation, Javonte. Javonte was my first so our connection is permanent. Between the both of them, I had been blessed.   As I rewatched his story again, two messages came through.

From : +1-832-225-9881

My bad boo, we're coming now.  I got a lil side tracked, there were these fiine ass dudes outside the gym.

To:

Just meet me at the food court.

I am really not waiting on these bitches. Just as I locked my front door and head to my car,  I saw Tanisha and Mikeyla pull into my driveway. I shook my head.  

"About time!" I said before unlocking my car doors.

"Heeeey girl!" Taisha said sliding in the front seat.

"We are here!" Mikeyla said sliding in the back seat and adjusting her top.

"Thank you because I am starving! The sooner we hit this food court the sooner I can hit these stores. Because I gotta get be somewhere at 5." I said backing out of my parking space.

Dewayne's Pov

*Earlier in the day*

The conversation between me and Zaria was flowing, and I was inspired to ask her a question. I knew I had caught her off guard but I wanted to test the waters.

But before I got an answer this girl was approaching our table swaying her hips- just a little to hard. 

She was dressed in some bleached shorts, a grey crop top, and some grey 12's. She definitely wasn't ugly, but she wasn't my type. And I hoped that she could read non verbal cues and know that I wasn't showing any interest. 

But I knew as soon as she started approaching me that she didn't. When she stopped right in front of me, the intestine look I saw in her eyes, almost made me cringe. 

"Can I help you?" I asked bluntly, really wishing she would just evaporate.

"No disrespect, to you and your sister " she began motioning briefly towards Zaria, "but you are fine ass hell. You have a Snapchat?"

The whole time she was doing this she was tryna be all seductive, I could only think about is wanting her to take the hint and walk away.

 Zaria visibly looked tense and uncomfortable while the girl was talking.  I could tell she was ready for homegirl to move out the way too. 

"Appreciate you. But I am actually not interested." I said simply, not wanting her to waste anymore of her time.

The look on her face was priceless. I could tell that was not the reaction she was expecting. She smoothly put her phone back in her back pocket.

I stifled a laugh.  It was obivous that her being direct in other interactions probably worked in her favor, but there was definitely a first time for everything.

She took a more focused look at Zaria. I saw a smug smile eclipse her features, and I knew instantly she was trying to size Zaria. "My fault. I thought she was your younger sister. I had no idea I was interrupting y'all's date."

"With all due respect," I began mocking her introduction she approached me, " that was hella disrespectful. And we would like to get back to our date, if you don't mind. "

"Definitely not his sister." Zaria said bluntly.

"Watch your tone. You don't need to be disrespectful " the girl said to Zaria .

I made a screwface. She was quickly pissing me off more and more.

"The only disrespectful one here is you and I would appreciate it if you took you attention seeking rude, rectangular prism built ass on. That install got you looking one of them troll dolls inside a happy meal. Blending is key." Zaria snapped .

(Troll Dolls tho.)

A nosy ass lady spit out her drink, and busted out laughing "AAHAAAAAAA, GIRRRLLLL SHE JUST ENDED YOUR LIFE!" She said in between laughs.

I think that pissed ole girl off. She officially got revved up.

"Miss Piggy, don't come for me.  I can't help that the optics of seeing you two together doesn't give date. Standing next to him you stick out like a sore thumb, so me giving you the sister title is an act of grace. Most would have just paid your midget ass dust." She sneered.

They more she talked, the more she was escalating things. This is exactly why she got her ass fried the first time. 

"You know what-" Zaria began just before I grabbed her gently and pulled her towards me. 

"Chill out." I whispered to her.

"I must of hit a nerve" The girl said smirking, "If you were truly secure in your date, you wouldn't be so reactive to the idea of your boyfriend seeing someone else he found attractive.

Part of me was thankful for the loud atmosphere of the restaurant, as more groups of people gathered in the waiting area to be seated, the noise from their various conversations pretty much kept this scene from being the main attraction in the restaurant.  But even having some of the near by tables slyly beginning to focus more on drama this woman was causing was too much.

"That's the thing," I said seriously, "I'm not attracted to you. Not. At. All."

It was only then when her attention focused back on me. "What ?" she said taken aback.

"He said he don't want yo thirsty ass! I suggest you take yo ass back over table, wit yo stingy ass weave and accept rejection. Edges looking like whispers." That same nosy ass lady said, obviously annoyed. "You are intentionally ruining someone else's date. And I am a second away from calling the manager over here."

This was a moment I was grateful someone else had witnessed this bullshit. I could even excuse the nosy lady's behavior because maybe it would help the girl take a hint.

When homegirl looked at me, I was seconds away from laughing in her face. She was finally silent, but her embarrassment read so loud across her face that I knew this was the abrupt end the conversation.  I was thankfully proven right, when she crisply turned around and walked away.

A wave of relief rushed over me.  Hopefully, the rest of the time I had with Zaria could go uninterrupted. 

Shortly after the incident, the waiter returned to our table with food. I felt my mouth water at the hot platter that was placed in front of me.

As soon as I took my first bite, I knew I wouldn't need a to-go box.

_____

"That was delicious." Zaria said cheesing hard as hell.

I laughed, her kidlike smile was adorable especially with it being connected to her having food. It was good to see her smiling after the last night. "Hell yea," I began, "My apologies for the rude interruption from 'ole girl that came over here talking reckless. "

"I appreciate the apology but that's not on you. Besides, I'm cool on it, she don't phase me," Zaria said looking annoyed, "It's crazy how she had so much to say just because she got rejected. Weird ass."

The more I interacted with Zaria, I was catching glimpses of a outspoken, bold young women. It would only come out when she was provoked or annoyed but it was definitely there. It resembled a steady small flame, the same one I seen ignite when she fought Mikeyla.

"Say that hunny!" The nosy ass woman said again now getting up from her table and heading towards the door, "Y'all have a good day, now. Stay blessed."

I was beyond ready for her to go so me and Zaria could have a little more privacy with our conversation, but I respected that she didn't cause the same drama as the other person did. 

"Thank you! I wish you the same." Zaria said politely. 

The waiter returned this time with to-go drinks and the bill. Outside of that minor spat, the overall experience at the resturant had been great. Homie definitely deserved a tip. I grabbed the bill and I reached for my wallet.  At the same time Zaria reached for her purse.

"I got it." I said firmly.

"I can cover my portion." She said stubbornly.

"I suggested the restaurant so I'm paying. " I said simply laying the money on the table.

She placed her card on the table. I took that as a challenge.

"As much as I can appreciate a beautiful girl who wants to handle her own. It was my idea to come here and I choose it knowing I was going to treat you. My mom's always raised me to be a gentleman especially when taking girls on a date. So nah babygirl I will be handling it. " I said smirking at her.

She blushed, "This is not a date..." she stuttered.

"Sure whatever you say." I said, adding a cash tip.

I got up and walked over to her side of the table. I stopped in front of her.

"What are you doing?" she asked nervously. I grabbed her hand, and I could actually feel her accelerated pulse. Her hands we hella small, but warm. With my right hand I gently placed her slid card back into her  palm.

"Put your money up." I said staring down at her. When I let go of her hand, she blinked twice before focusing on putting the money on the side of her purse. 

"Let's go." I said letting a cool smile play on my lips. 

"Okay." she said briefly.

I grabbed our drinks, and stood up. I offered her my hand and she looked at it. "I'm just helping you up, chill." I laughed. 

She hesitantly took and she rose up from her chair, grabbing her purse. I didn't bother to let go of her hand, because at this moment, I honestly didn't want to. 

I couldn't explain exactly how things were forming between us, but I was relaxing more into the fact that I truly enjoyed spending time with her. And whether she was ready to verbally admit it, I sensed that she felt the same with me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 48.2K 54
Jaelyn has been the girl that kept to herself ever since she was little which is why she can't catch herself with many friends. She's been getting pi...
135 0 12
Zariah has tried something new. She tried something domestic. Now she is in a good place. Happy with herself. Happy with her family. And very happy w...
1.7K 29 44
Jaliyah 'Blu' Washington and her brothers are your definition of the grind. at 19 , 20 , and 23 years old , she and her two older brothers have done...
12.6K 530 19
(𝘯.) 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘒𝘀𝘡 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘰𝘷π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘢; 𝘒 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘡𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘦π˜₯ π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 LUVVMARIEE PRODUCTIONS