A Promise [Akatsuki No Yona F...

By LunamaHana

"I've been with him as much as I can remember... but I guess he doesn't like me. But that's okay. Even if the... More

Chapter 1: Mee-Yon
Chapter 2: Seiryuu
Chapter 3: The Voice in my Dream (Mee-Yon's POV)
Chapter 4: Awaken & Name
Chapter 5: The Melody to Remember
Chapter 6: The Cry in My Dreams and The Dreams that Healed Me (Shin-Ah's POV)
(Author's Notes) Summary: What's going on...?
Chapter 7: Visitors... From Another Place
Chapter 8: The Blinded Dragon & The Silver Unknown Part 1
Chapter 9: The Blinded Dragon & The Silver Unknown Part 2
Chapter 10: The Blinded Dragon & The Silver Unknown Part 3
Chapter 11: The Blinded Dragon & The Silver Unknown Part 4
Chapter 12: Our New Group
Chapter 13: The Soft Yet Gentle Lullaby
Chapter 14: Finding Ryokuryuu
Chapter 15: Pirates of Awa
Chapter 16: The Senjusou Test (Not one, but two)
Chapter 17: The Pirates' Plan
Chapter 18: The Fight of Kumji Part 1
Chapter 19: The Fight of Kumji Part 2
Chapter 20: The Fight of Kumji Part 3
Chapter 21: The Pirates' Victory
Chapter 22: Leaving Together And A New Comrade Joins
Chapter 23: The Scale of Hakuryuu (Feelings...Jealously...Love?)
Chapter 24: All Dragons are Assembled (But...)
Chapter 25: To the Place I Never Wanted to Remember Again
Chapter 26: Destiny of Myths and Legends Festival
BONUS and EXTRA Chapter (LunamaHana)
Chapter 27: The Path You Choose is Where You Want to Start Till the End
Chapter 28: Reveal (How much pain would you endure alone?)
Chapter 29: The Moment of Truth (Ninetail Fox) Part 1
Chapter 30: The Moment of Truth (Ninetail Fox) Part 2
Chapter 31: The Moment of Truth (Ninetail Fox) Part 3
Chapter 32: The Moment of Truth (Ninetail Fox) Part 4
Extra Chapter: Snow Fight
Chapter 33: To the Land of Fire
Chapter 34: Trouble Lies Ahead
Chapter 35: The Eyes of Seiryuu
Chapter 36: The Ninetail's Realization (Confess within your Heart)
Chapter 37: Decisions and Tae-Jun's Wonders
Chapter 38: The Given Sign
Chapter 39: Take a Chance (Perhaps a Change of Heart?)
Chapter 40: A Helping Hand
Chapter 41: Leaving the Land of Fire Part 1
Chapter 42: Leaving the Land of Fire Part 2 (Protect...)
Chapter 43: Little Did We Know...
Chapter 44: The Crying Flames
Chapter 45: Wandered Thoughts? (Nah...)
Chapter 46: Determination
Chapter 47: Flee
Chapter 48: The Town's Market
Chapter 49: Arrival and Problems?! (To the Land of Water)
Author's Note

Special Chapter: Always Here With You [Mee-Yon's POV]

896 21 4
By LunamaHana

Dedicated to:

 AdryaAnimyHazelHawjreadbeanmochiChild_of_StrengthasoomzLeafy-chanLight____Hyoyeon_XXSelyBlckand for everyone else that have supported this fan-fiction so far! I thank you and I'm terribly sorry for not writing for a very long time!

~-~ Author's Note To Self: I know this maybe soon or so, but if you're wondering who's Yoyo in the EXTRA Chapter then that would be HazelHawj!! XD ~-~

--------------------------------------

-Scene: Forest Outside of Flower Gardens of Eden-

(Before being 8...)

"Hm? Papa, what's that...?" I asked curiously at the fuzzy like object that he's holding onto his arms.

"Me...w...?" The object replied back. A small kitten-sized feline with red eyes and has a marking on its forehead. It also has two tails and two triangle like stripes on both of them.

"This is a nekomata, Mee-Yon" Papa replied. "She's injured right now so Papa can't play today."

"Hmm... Can I help the nekomata too, Papa? Mee-Yon doesn't know much, but Mee-Yon will do her very best!" I said happily as stars were twinkling brightly in my eyes.

"Of course" Papa chuckled as he replied my answer by using his big hand patting my head, smiling brightly.

~Time Skip~ 

"Nekomata-chan! I'm Mee-Yon! For now on, you're an official a family member! And you're name will now on be Kirara! Let's get along together, ne?" :D

"Mew!" :3

Monologue:

       Happiness... Even till now, I felt like I understand it but... at the same time... I couldn't. What does happiness mean anyway? What is it like to be happy all over again? Being happy.... means being happy, right? Being happy with your love ones, spending time with them until they grew old, staying by their side and never leave them behind, and so much more that I wished to explain further in details.

      For a very long time, I've always thought that smiles represents for happiness. Being happy. Therefore, your happiness itself will last forever and far beyond. I repeated those same exact words every single day as a child. Unfortunately... I was wrong. Absolutely wrong.

      Ever since my 8th birthday and once both of my parents gave me the necklace as a gift, they became somehow ill. Kirara also noticed it too. One way to another, my parents will always take turns on taking care of us. One stays in the house with me while the other goes out with Kirara at the same time. One moment after another....

———————

~FLASHBACK~

          Today, I stayed home as always and Papa kept an sharp eye on me while he was making grilled fish with veggies. Mama and Kirara were shopping to buy something. I was at the living room playing with my little dolls that Mama have made. (I asked him if he needs help with anything, but he refuses so I ended up playing with my dolls). Then... something starts shattering like glass as I heard a cough that caught my attention in the kitchen.

"Papa? Are you alright?"

        I set my dolls down on the table and slowly walked towards the kitchen. I was going to call out Papa's name until... something caught my attention as if... I noticed something wrong. I ran to the kitchen as fast as I can and then...

"HYAAA!! P-PAPA! PAPA!! ARE ALRIGHT?! PAPA!!"

       I ran towards his side as I screamed myself in horror. Papa was in pain as he was holding his hand over his mouth while the other clutched his stomach.

"Guh...! ....I knew it... At this rate... I cannot protect her... Without... the power of the 4 dragons... and the ninetail fox... Tch...! I... I'm weak... like a puny... human... I'm... already at my... limit... But... I... I have to... Ggah...! Haah...!"

     He murmurs something to himself, but not out loud for me to hear. He slowly got up, but collapsed once again as if the pain was worsting himself even more. He starts coughing again, but this time with blood out of his mouth. My eyes widen in fear as I panic. I told him that I was going to find mom or anyone in the village for help, but... his huge hands stopped mines.

"No... Don't tell this to anyone... not even your mother.... Mee-Yon. It's alright... This is... nothing. Papa just... overworked himself. Papa... will... protect you... Mama... Kirara..."

       He grinned at me while saying those words. You're lying... Papa... Why? Why are you smiling while you're in pain? Why is your hand cold? Why... why are you... crying? You're in so much pain and I don't know the reason why. You said that you'll be alright, but... just looking at you... my heart felt like... it's sinking... as if... I'm going to lose something.

~END FLASHBACK~

———————————

~FLASHBACK~

         This time Mama stayed in the house with me while Papa and Kirara went hunting. As always, I was playing with my little dolls in the living room with Mama, who was sewing something. I asked her if she needed help, but she shook her head and smiled.

"That's okay, Mee-Yon. I'm almost done with it."

         She then starts back sewing again. Something's not right I told myself, but I didn't know nor understand why as I went back playing my dolls again. About a few minutes later, Mama finished it as she stood up, but...

"!!"

        Suddenly, she collapsed to the ground and started coughing. Without any hesitations, I ran towards her side and trying my very best to support her. Mama... she's huffing while her hands were clutching at her chest near to her heart.

"It hurts... It... hurts...! Gugh...! Ah...! T-This... is what I get... huh? My... punishment... Hehe... But... why in... a time... like this...? Ggah...! I... Let me... at least... protect her... till the very... end... But... I'm not sure... anymore... cause I... I... Uggh...!"

       She murmurs something to herself, but not out loud for me to hear... just like Papa. I told her that she should lie down in bed, but she refuses to as she tried to stand up until... she started vomiting blood as she covered her mouth. My eyes widen even more as I felt having goosebumps all over my body as I gasps in fear once again.

"Ma...ma...! MAMA! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?! MAMA!!"

       Of course, she's not alright... just like Papa. But... those are the only words that I could say out of my mouth... same with Papa. Mama vomits even more while I couldn't do anything, but stayed by her side. My stomach felt sick as if I wanted to puke and faint at the same time, but... I ignored that feeling and focus and support her. I told her that I was going to find Papa or tell the people in the village to help her, but... just like Papa, her hand stopped mines.

"No... Don't tell this to anyone... not even your father.... Mee-Yon. It's alright... This is... nothing. Mama just... overworked herself. I... I'll... protect you... everyone... no matter... what..."

        Why...? How come...? You're doing the same thing like Papa did. You're smiling in pain, your hand is cold, and... tears are coming out from your eyes. What's going on? Why... are you and Papa in pain... Mama? I wanted to say those words right from my mouth. I wanted to tell her that Papa became sick as well like her, but... I end up saying nothing. Just like Papa... I felt like... I'm going to lose something once again. That feeling once again made my heart sank once more.

        What does it mean...? This... feeling... A feeling that says... you'll always... be alone... stay alone... forever alone... and... nobody remaining by your side not for long....

~END FLASHBACK~

—————————

Back then, I didn't understand everything...no matter how many times I tried to solve this like a puzzle.... I'd only recalled the times when I saw both of my parents for the very first time... their eyes seemed to be happy although.... it's filled with sorrow as if they were crying. And their mouths... coughing out with blood like a wounded cuckoo bird that bleed by day to morning till night. That is then... when I'm about to be 10 in a few weeks.

——————————

~FLASHBACK~ (At the age of 9)

"Mama... Why are you and Papa crying? Did Mee-Yon... do something wrong?"

        She noticed my presence as she shook her head, quickly wiped her tears away, and turned to me. She placed her hand on my shoulder and one of my cheek. Once again, it was cold. She looked at me and smiled with a hint of sadness.

"No, Mee-Yon... You didn't do anything wrong. Papa and I are just sad... that we can't embrace you any time soon."

          I looked at her clueless as if I didn't understand her words even though I knew it a bit. My little hand touched hers on my cheek. My heart... something... something breaking within me. As if... something deep within my heart... is shredding...

"But I'm still here. Mee-Yon is still here, Mama. I'm always here with you and Papa. I don't want... you and Papa to go away. Kirara too. All of you... are important to me... Please... stay by my side... promise?"

"...!"

        At that moment, what did I mean that "I don't want them to go away?" Tears were overflowing in her eyes even more as she embraced me then cried her heart out, calling my name. She kept saying that she's sorry for everything and she won't be there for me till the very end. What did she mean? I never understand that in this world... nothing is perfect like everyone else have wanted.

~END FLASHBACK~

——————

Weeks later and when the day that my 10th birthday have approached, it was when that incident occurred...

——————

[A/N: Ya'll might know this scene... You can guess. ^^]

'Where am I going...? Where would I go...? Where would I stay...?' Those are the words I questioned myself. It's been... I don't know... ever since I've been walking this path of misery.

During the pass time or so, the sky seemed like it stayed the same. That same old, disgusting grey sky with tear pools of rain all over the place.... rained during the war. 'Kirara... where did she go? Did she... die... too? Like both Mama... and Papa...?' My eyes somehow dozed off as I fell on the mud ground floor.

Me: [thinking] Ah... Am I going to die too? I wonder... what does it feels like to be... gone...? Mama... Papa... Kirara...

'It's weird... I haven't eaten anything and yet... somehow... as if I couldn't die... from starvation... Maybe... I'm just.... imagining things.... Ah... Who cares... about the life... that I'm struggling now... Everyone... Everyone is gone... My own heart... has already torn into shreds like glass. I... don't care anything anymore. I deserve to go straight to the gates of death... It's... waiting for me.... Mama... Papa... and Kirara... They're all waiting for me there... That's why... and from now on.... I don't want to stand up... ever again... If I remain like this... then I'll finally rest in peace. Everyone... I'm coming... to the place that all of you would be right now.' That was then... I closed my eyes away from the world.

————————

Before those dreams of Papa entered my mind, those tiny bits of memories that I once remembered were no longer to know any more...

————————

~FLASHBACK~ 

"You can't give up hope!"

"We're not leaving you here alone!"

"No matter what, we're leaving this place together!"

"If one falls, then each of us fall!"

"We maybe strangers from the start, but... we're all friends!"

"If none of us can't make it, you have to go on without us!"

"Have faith in us!"

"No! I'm not leaving all of you here! Not ever!!"

"Our lives are for you and you only."

"Only you must live... we will support you no matter how far we are. We pray for your safety... Ninetails-sama."

       As arrows pierced each of those eight children, who were protecting me, fell each other one by one like fragile puppets. I couldn't escape. I was willing to, but... not alone. But it was too late. Those strangers caught me. Those strangers are just willing to do for power, greed, and they are willing to get anything what they want as long as they wished for it.

~Time Skip~

-Scene: Forest Hideout aka Bandits/Strangers-

Stranger 1: YOU PIECE OF CRAP!!! (uses his foot on my head) SO YOU'RE THE ONE WHO IS THE MASTERMIND BEHIND ALL OF THIS!! YOU EVEN LET THOSE WOMEN ESCAPE AS WELL!! DAMN IT!! SO MUCH WILL THE MONEY TOO!!

Me: KGH!

Stranger 1: Heh! Too bad all your little friends died just to protect your sake! A little girl like you should pay more respect to the adults! (uses more force on his foot on my head) Taste the filthy dirt and say that you're sorry on what you've done!

Me: KCH! ..........

Stranger 1: Hmph! You got some nerve to escape from us, huh girl? That glare of yours still hasn't change at all.

Stranger 2: Boss, what should we do? Now that all the women that we captured were now gone, what do we do with this little one?

Stranger 3: Toying her won't do well. Why not.... (smirk) brand her?

Me: !! (tries to squirm but couldn't)

Stranger 1: Hmm... That ain't bad. (removes his foot away from my head) Would her horrid screams... (grabs something from the fire of an iron like weapon) be like a pity livestock... just like those kids before? The scream and the plead for help from anyone else in the world. Fufufu....

Me: No... NO!!! (starts running away from them, but it was too late)

Stranger 2: (yanked my hair) Where do you think you're going? (smirk) The more you run, the more we'll catch you all over again.

Me: GUH! LET GO OF ME! SOMEONE! ANYONE! HELP ME!

Stranger 3: Nobody won't save you. They'll never will. (punches my stomach)

Me: Gah! Gugh...! (gasps as Stranger 1 has the iron like object)

Stranger 1: I'll brand your back... so that you'll never make this mistake!

       It ended like a flash before my eyes. All of those men are dead. Just like it happened to my village. I did... I did that strange attack again. The blood that are staining in my hands... won't disappear wherever I go. As if... thousands of those dead men's eyes that I've killed were still lurking on me to one place to another. Before I know it, I ran from those strangers' hideout and their dead corpses lying down on the bloody ground. I ran and ran but the thing is where...? Where would I go? Where would this path that I took lead me? What more could I do?

~END FLASHBACK~

~Time Skip~ 

-Scene: Rainy Night in a Forest-

"Leave..." I said weakly as I lay my body against a tree and made the rain pour its cold tears on me. 

        It growled back at me. The animal came towards me with hungered eyes of a beast willing to take its prey by destroying him or her with one strike. I cracked one of my eyes opened to see the creature in front of me... a bear. A humongous black bear is willing to kill me for so whatever reason.

"Are you deaf?" I said it in a harsh tone, but the bear just growled back at me again as I pushed myself to stand up. Little did I know, my heterochromia eyes glowed into crimson blood with rage.

"Leave... If you don't, then I'll make you." Those were the last words I last spoke to it.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

       A voice calls my name as my eyes woke up from the endless extended dream, everyone were looking at me like if they were concerned. If ya wondering where I was sleep, then I was sleeping on a tree under the shade and Kirara was being my pillow too. And... I don't remember what happened afterwards. 

Yun: Mou, Mee-Yon! How long were you going to sleep in?! You almost gave us a heart attack too! Ò__Ó

Kirara/Ao: Mew!/Kyuu!

Yona: It can't be helped. Mee-Yon has been searching for her family photo since the last 2 nights ago. Maybe we should go back to the Fire Tribe Village to search for it too.

Shin-Ah: (nods and agrees with Yona) •^•

Kija: We will lend your support to find it for you! *^*

Jae-Ha: Do we have to? My face almost squished over there. ^_^;

Hak: That's because her dad was aiming to hurt you, Droopy Eyes. ¬.¬

Zeno: Zeno knows why Meme's photo is important to Meme! Zeno will do his best to help too! :D

Me: You guys... (smiles) Thanks, but... it's better to let it go. :)

Yona: But Mee-Yon--

     I pulled everyone into a one big group hug. All of them were surprised because it was out of nowhere. I gave them a huge smile on my face and and said my words in a happy tone.

Me: It's alright! Even without the photo, all I want to do... is to be always... always here with all of you! Meeting and being with all of you are enough for me to be happy! XD

Yun: Is there something wrong? You're saying as if you're going away? Did you eat something bad? Or is it another problem with cockroaches again?

Me: Aw~~ Mother Yun is worrying about me~~ XD

Yun: (blushes) I'M NOT A MOTHER!! 

Me: Nah~ It's nothing! I just want to hug all of you! Like I said... Being here with all of you... is enough for me to be happy! ^w^

----------------------

A/N: Sorry if this special chapter is short and it's about Mee-Yon all over again! Though I hope y'all enjoy the chapter! I do not own Akatsuki No Yona but ocs only! Please vote/comment! >w< Also the extended ost Here With You Extended 30 Minute is from Mirai Nikki! I don't own the ost too!! XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.6K 1.8K 30
Akatsuki no Yona X Reader insert Fanfic (Warning : Deals with quite a bit of cursing/swearing/bad words) They stumble into her on their way to the Wh...
64.8K 2.5K 10
"Are my eyes beautiful?" he asked me. His question was full of wonder. It was like he was afraid of my answer at the same time. I used my hands to h...
52.8K 2.2K 58
His veiny hand drifted up to my hair as he pulled it sexually and spoke as his lips hovered over my neck "I'll only do it if you agree love?" I was...
71.8K 1.7K 18
When a princess with strange hair flees from her castle she once called home, she set out to find the four dragon warriors. She now has them by her...