Opposites | Finn Hudson

By lex_hudson

°•°•°•Book 1 of 'Opposites' Series•°•°•° °•°•°•Completed•°•°•° Camila Mcknight is a normal teen. She attends... More

Change Is Good
Just One Song
You Have a Gift
Seret Agent Warbler
No Alchohol For Me
I'm In Love With A Monster
Practice Interruptions
The Fondant Lollipop
Mind Changing
Glee Club Breakdown
Camileon
The Blazer Boy
Sectionals: Part 1
Sectionals: Part 2
Sectionals: Part 3
Shattering
--------Authors Note--------
Fimila
The Picture
Changes
Anger
I Miss You
Brave, Honest, and Beautiful
Mr. Wonderful
Guitars and Fantasies
Calm Down Finn
For You, I'd Loose It All
Finnster
Royalty versus Superheros
Sue's Revenge
The Almighty Treble Clef
Something About You
The Kissing Booth
Ruined
Swaying
Confusion
The Popular Song
Regionals Part 1
Regionals Part 2
Regionals Part 3
Misery
Burt's Tire and Lube Shop
Rattled
Sobs, Cries, and Tears
Questions
Him
Balloons, Flowers, Animals, and Socks
The Truth
Embrace
Alive
Scars
Stress Relief
Busy Thoughts
He's Back
The Tiger
Intoxicated
Singing Again
Defeated
Just Breathe
Impressions
Flight Frights
Nationals Part 1
Nationals Part 2
Nationals Part 3
Glee Camp
Tease
The Spark
Opposites
The End?
ALIGNED

It Doesn't Hurt To Try

7.1K 132 30
By lex_hudson

I was pulled deep into my 4th episode of Grey's Anatomy when I began to hear my phone buzz off the wall. I crawled to the front of my bed and checked my phone. Puck had pulled me into a groupchat with all the Glee members. I grabbed my remote and paused the tv and watched everyone type.

Puck
Party in Rachel's basement, tomorrow night at 7! Time to celebrate getting through the first semester and moving on at sectionals!

Rachel
My dads will out of town tomorrow for Comic Con. There will be wine coolers and Céline Dion!

Brittany
You invited Céline Dion?

Artie
Yall better be figuring out who's gonna carry me to the basement

Finn then texted me. I muted my phone so the noise wouldn't wake Aunt Julie up.

Finn
I guess we are designated drivers tomorrow :/

Camila
Do you want to drink?

Finn
I know I said I wouldnt, but it seems like I'm missing out on fun. It's just my mom would kill me if she found out I was drinking. Kurt hides it so easily. It would be nice just to try it

I frowned and looked around. I set my phone down and walked out of my room. I peaked into the guest room. It was cleaned up and finished from the remodeling we did when we first moved in. I ran back to my room and shut the door, hoping onto the bed and grabbing my phone.

Camila
You will drink tomorrow. I'll convince everyone to sleep over at Rachel's until they sober up and I'll bring you over here to sleep it off because I know Rachel will try to play 'Twister' while you're not sober. My aunt had an all day shift tomorrow so she won't find out.

Finn
I can't do that to you. I don't want to be worrying about me

Camila
It's fine. Tomorrow you are gonna try a few drinks. If you don't like it, then you won't do it again, mkay?

Finn
Alright. See you then

I smiled and turned the tv back on. Tomorrow I was gonna have a house guest.

************************

I unplugged my curling iron and shut my bathroom lights off. I heard the beeping of the Uber and ran downstairs, grabbing my wallet, phone, and keys. I locked the door and ran down to the Uber and got in. I gave him Rachel's address and he began to drive. I texted Tina and let her know I was on my way.

Once I made it there, I got out and jogged up to Rachel's door. I knocked really hard so they could hear me. I listened to the loud music coming from under the ground before the door swung open. Angie smiled and hugged me. She wobbled a bit as she let go. "You're kind of late." She looked at me as I followed her. "Well I'm here that's all that matters." I shrugged as we made it down stairs.

Music was blazing, the lights were out and there was neon lights around the room. Brittany was on top of the table with her shirt off, taking jello shots in her bra. And basically everyone else except Finn was drinking. He looked at me and signaled me over and I sat next to him on the couch. "I trust you to make sure I don't over drink." He yelled over the music. "I know. Don't worry, I've got you. Now why aren't you drinkin?" I yelled back. "Waited on you to get here." He got close to my ear. "GUYS FINN IS TAKING HIS FIRST DRINK." Rachel screamed. Everyone got up and crowded around him. I stepped it of the way and he took a long chug of a wine cooler. He smiled as everyone cheered.

"Someone should sing. As much as I love Whitney, this music is out dated" Blaine yelled. "I'll fix that." I smiled to myself. I got onto her stage and plugged my phone into the speakers. I grabbed the microphone and watched Finn starting quickly on his second bottle.

Camila: We're not supposed to be meeting like this. But when we get close I know we're gonna kiss. Can't keep my cool when I'm dancing with fire fire, fire.

I watched as Rachel took a seat in Finn's lap. She caressed his face and began to slowly kiss him. I felt revolt rise up in me, but kept it to myself. I'd never felt this way before when I saw them together. It was weird.......

I turned away and smiled to Mercedes who was dancing with everyone else in a small group

Camila: Keep tryna dip but I'm fixed on your face. Thirsty for you in an animal way. How do you do what you do to me babe? Fire, fire. Woah....... You're lookin like dynamite, dynamite. Woah...... You're lookin like dynamite, dynamite, dynamite....

I glimpsed over to Finn again and he was chugging down the second bottle with Brittany, Angie, Puck, and Artie chanting him on. I took a deep breathe.

Camila: You got me runnin' I can't catch my breath. Watching you move got me actin' obsessed. What's got to happen to get you undressed? You're fire, fire. Woah.... You're lookin like dynamite, dynamite. Woah.... You're lookin like dynamite, dynamite dynamite....

I took the mic off the stand and got off her stage and looked at Blaine. I laughed as he took my hand and sang with me.

Both: It's gonna blow up in my face. But c'mon light me up anyway. Sparks about to fly. I'm pushin' up tonight, up tonight. You're dynamite You're dynamite, oh....

Everyone cheered and I smiled. I then noticed Rachel popping open another cooler for Finn. I shoved the microphone into Blaine's chest and ran over, knocking it out of Rachel's and and causing it to bust onto the floor. "Oops! Sorry about that, maybe you should go clean that up before someone gets hurt." I looked at her. "That's a great idea!" She nudged me, slurring a few times. She danced her way over to the closet as I sat down. "You need to slow down Finn." I yelled to him. "No I dont, I'm fine! I'm just having fun!" He groaned. "Okay well don't be crying to me tomorrow when you wake up hungover!" I patted his back before getting up.

It was about 3 in the morning when everyone was tired. Santana was asleep on the bar with her dress ripped on the side wear she had ran into the wall and a loose nail caught onto it. Angie was sitting in Artie's lap looking at magazines. I stood on the the stage swaying side to side and Kurt came stumbling up to me. I grabbed his arms to steady him and sighed. "Hey you look tired, maybe you should go home." He smiled to me. "I guess I will since everyone's gonna crash here. Where is Finn?" I asked grabbing my things. "He went upstairs to go sit on the porch with Rachel." He pointed up. I waved goodbye to everyone before walking up the stairs and outside. Finn was yelling show tunes with Rachel. He had his arm around her as they rocked side to side.

"Cmon Finn it's time to go" I tugged at his arm as I watched the Uber start to park. "But one more song!!" He slurred. "No no you should go home babe! Enjoy some sleep!" Rachel yelled. I asked her to go inside why Finn got up. I held onto his arm as walked him down to the car as he stumbled everywhere, stepping on my feet a couple of times. "Toodaloo Finny Baby!!!!!" Rachel sang before shutting the door and going inside. I opened the door and helped Finn in. He hit his head on the side of the roof and laughed. "Are you ok?" I asked shutting door and scooting in next to him. "My head feels like and rollercoaster." He said. I helped him buckle his seatbelt.

He began to hum a song before randomly bursting out into song. "Shhh!!" I covered his mouth. Finn still started to sing as my hand covered his. I stayed like that until we got to my house. I payed the man before he left. Finn began to wander off down the sidewalk into the neighborhood. "No no no no." I grabbed him. I quickly took off my necklace and handed him one end. "Hold on and don't let go." I instructed him. "Ohhhhhh... are we playing a game?" His alcohol breathe hit my face like a train. "Yeah!!" I nodded. I turned around and unlocked the door, pulling Finn with the necklace. Once in, I shut the door and locked it, grabbed Finn's overnight bag he dropped off and took it upstairs with us.

I pulled him into the guest room and handed him his bag. "Change and go to bed, ok?" I asked. "No peeking while I change." He wobbily waved his finger in my face. "I wont." I laughed. I shut the door and went to my room. I sighed as I got my pajamas on, not bothering to take my makeup off. Once I turned out the light, Finn began to scream the lyrics to Chandelier by Sia. I groaned and covered my head with a pillow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.4K 1.6K 56
(READ 'START OFF FRESH' BEFORE READING THIS BOOK) Emily-Grace is at McKinley High for her second year. She has a wonderful boyfriend and two amazing...
91.6K 2.2K 60
Second book to 'my little one' Lauren and camila have just left high school and are in a band with their friends, how will this affect their relation...
97.4K 1.2K 24
Ellie Evans is the younger cousin of Sam Evans, the assistant coach of the McKinley High football team. She has known all New Directions for about 4...
1.1K 93 41
Puck finding his way and enjoying his life in L.A. after graduating from McKinley - along with unexpected roommates, romances, and revelations. Finn...