Flight Frights

I stared tiredly out the airport window at the plane. I watched the workers load our equipment and luggage onto it. The National Show Choir Committee hired a private plane for the twelve teams to fly to Vegas on and another for their parents. "According to Mr. Schuester, we should be landing in the Sin City at about four am their time." Julie looked up from her phone. "Holy crap we're gonna be exhausted." I rubbed my arms. "Aren't you exhausted now? It's two in the morning Camila." She chuckled. I looked back out the window and saw the plane park itself at the loading dock.

"Flight 4E and 4F is now boarding. Flight 4E and 4F is now boarding."

I went back over to the seat next to my aunt and grabbed my backpack. "If you land first, wait for me by the exit gate." Aunt Julie grabbed hers. "Okay. I love you, have a safe flight." I hugged and kissed her. We departed ways and I made my way to the gate. The officer scanned my ticket and I started walking to the loading hallway. I then noticed Finn was stopped in front of it. I walked up behind him and looked at his face. Pure terror was written across it. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked. "No, Camila I don't think I can do this." He turned into panic. "Wait why, haven't you ridden a plane before?" I rubbed his back. "No!" "Finn, it's gonna be okay. Look we'll shut the windows when we take off and let you peak whenever. I'll be there to help you, okay?" I looked up at his tired eyes.

"Alright." He softly said. I began walking him down the long hallway. His breathing kept getting faster the more closer we got to the entrance. "Breathe." I told him. We made it to the plane and I started laughing when is realized his head was scraping the roof. He laughed nervously with me and we looked around.

There were many sets of two seats facing each other going along the plane walls

There were many sets of two seats facing each other going along the plane walls. In the back was a door leading to a bathroom. A table sat in between each seat and a shaded window on the side. I followed him to a seat he was most comfortable with and sat down in the seat facing him. "This is a beatiful plane!" I became in awe. Finn sat quietly, doing his nervous habit of massaging his hands. Everyone eventually got on and we all buckled our seatbelts. "Why haven't we taken off yet?" Finn asked as he looked impatiently out the window. "They have to make sure everything is ready to take off with." I explained as I pulled my laptop out of my bag and set it on the table. "Was it not ready when we came on?!" He started freaking out.

"Finn, if anything happens, they'll let us know. Besides, nothing is going to happen anyways." I easily said. "Ladies and Gentlemen, please fasten your seatbelts as we begin out flight." The man came over the intercom. The plane started and Finn yelled out in terror. "Finn." I softly said his name. "I can't do this I can't do this." I noticed his eyes start to well up with tears. I grabbed his hands and held them, causing him to stop and relax and me too freak out mentally. "It's gonna be bumpy for a minute." I stated, still in shock I even grabbed his hands. He tightly held mine as the plane began moving. He closed his eyes tightly as the plane lifted off the ground. He opened them and looked around. "All done." I smiled. "That's it?" He let out a tiny laugh. "Yep! See, nothing to worry about."

*****************

Finn managed to open the shade up on the plane and gaze out at the night sky. I sipped on some orange juice a flight attendant brought us. "It doesn't feel like the school year ended yesterday." I sighed. "I know. It didn't feel like it was long, but I feel like I met you many years ago." He looked back to me. "Same here. I'm just glad we get to do one more Glee week at camp before we officially start summer." I opened my laptop. I started to play solitaire on it for a while. I guess it was maybe a long time, because when I looked up from my computer, Finn was covered up in his batman blanket and asleep with his chair reclined.

I got up from my seat and went to Mercedes and Sam's area. I sat on the arm rest of Sam's chair and talked to them for a bit. "How is he? I heard him get scared earlier." Sam asked. "He's okay. I just needed to calm him down and soothe his anxiety. But he was fine after we took off and now he's asleep." I quietly spoke, trying not to wake anybody who might have been sleeping along with him. "Guys, we're going to be in Vegas, what the hell are we gonna do?" Mercedes asked. "Nothing I guess. We're just a bunch of sixteen year olds. We can't drink. But maybe we all can go sight seeing?" I suggested.

It was about five in the morning when I started to see the sun out the window and lights down below. "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your captain speaking." The announcement woke Finn up. He stretched as we all started to put our belongings away. "Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. The current time is five forty three am and the weather is a cool sixty two degrees. We will be landing in about three to five minutes at the McCarran International Airport, so please fasten your seat belts and gather your belongings."

Finn was much calmer when we landed, even though it was a little bumpy. Everyone got off the plane and into the airport. Aunt Julie landed shortly after and we all got into the rental cars. We followed Mr. Schuester's car to the hotel and got to see the outskirts of Vegas. It was mainly rich neighborhoods and short fields of deserts. All of us got to the hotel, checked in, and went to our rooms. When me and Julie got to ours, I immediately went to sleep.