Practice Interruptions

I giggled with Angie as we cracked a joke while pouring salt into or chemical mixture. "I feel like we are going to blow this school up." I gritted my teeth. "I don't have a problem with that." Angie shrugged. I rolled my eyes and continued reading the directions on our paper before opening up a pack of a hard-to-say substance. "One half cup of blah blah blah." I read out loud. "Just wing it." Angie shrugged adjusting her glasses from under her goggles. As I poured in the substance, the school speaker system squeaked as a finger tapped on the microphone.

"Camila Mcknight, to the office, NOW." A women's voice rang over the intercom angerly. I froze in place as I unknowingly kept pouring in the mixture. "CAMILA!" Angie shouted looking at the over filled pitcher. I immediately set the packet down. "Oops..." I widened my eyes. I quickly got up and went to the front of the class, silently passing by the students staring at my back. I walked out the door and down the hallway. Once I each ed the office, I looked at Mr. Figgins who points across the hall diagnollay placed room. I adjusted my hair before knocking on the door and peeping my head in. The room was filled with trophys from wall to wall. Medals and framed certificates hung from the walls. "Have a seat." The women directed.

I've seen her before. She had an episode a few days ago where she flipped the band's chime set as they were rolling it down the hall and she pushed kids and started screaming a lot. I threw myself into the bathroom when it happened and a girl in the bathroom said it happens all the time.

"Good morning ma'am.." I greeted myself. "It's Sue, Sue Sylvester." She pointed to her gold engraved name plate. "So I understand you're new to McKinley." She continued. "Yes, I've been here for about a month." I nodded. "Mhm... how high is your GPA?" Sue asked pulling out a big jug of protein powder. "I believe a 3.9ish." I thought about it for a second and she poured a few scoops into a plastic tumbler. "Well that is very shocking and not convincing considering I work at the dumbest school on the planet with a bunch of raging chickens roaming the halls." She raised an eyebrow as she put a piece of uncut celery into the mixture.

I twisted my face as the gross mixture came together. "But since you're like a younger version of Chris Pratt-" "I'm a girl....." I held my index finger up slightly. "I'm gonna ask you this question I don't ask many because they are either so overweight that they need a rictor scale to measure their weight or too much of a bitch to even answer..." Sue leaned back in her chair and pressed a button on the top of her tumbler to stir the mixture.

"How would you like to join the Cheerios?"

My mind became startled. The cheerios?! The #1 cheerleading team in Ohio? The girls and boys who are so popular they could maybe be friends with Queen Latifah? The people who like to practice in front of the football Gatorade stand so that the players pass out of heat exhaustion? No. Way

"I don't know.. I mean I have glee clu-" Sue scoffed and spit into her trashcan. "Club.." I continued, "And I haven't done cheerleading since the 4th grade. Plus I'm a little chubby..." I rubbed my arm. "It doesn't matter. You could bring a lot to us Cheerios. Your spirit, your smartness. Hell you could probably be the first kid on the team who doesn't spell their name in crayon!" I sighed and leaned back in my chair. "It's just a lot to take in because I'm right on the spot.."

Sue smiled to me and took her glasses off, then folding her hands into her lap. "Look, I know you are striving to loose weight, I can tell by your eating habits and how you work in gym. The Cheerios could be a great outlet for that. How about I give you 2 weeks to think about it?" Her voice lowered. I nodded and got up. "Have a nice day." I waved walking out her office feeling uncomfortable knowing she had knowledge about my insecurity.

I had a lot to think about throughout 2nd and 3rd period. I completely cleared it from my mind when I walked into the auditorium. Matthew was here to go over our dance routine for sectionals. I quickly ran back to the girls dressing room and changed into my leggings and tank top before returning back to the stage with everyone. I walked over to Matthew and hugged him tightly. "How is everything?" I asked. "Pretty good. I made sure to make sure that Brownsville's school had a bad routine when I visited them Monday. I see a last place trophy in their future" Matthew whispered. I dropped my mouth and he laughed. "Naughty!" I grinned before heading over to my place next to Tina.

"Ok, run it from the top!" Matthew twirled his finger as the band began to play our music. "So why did Sue pull you into her office earlier?" Tina asked as we stood in place wobbling our hips from left to right. "Oh you heard about that?" I asked her as we spinned around each other and started doing the same thing again. "Duh, it was over the intercom." Tina laughed. I turned to Blaine and grabbed his shoulders as he picked me up and spinned me around.

"Well, she offered me a spot on the cheerios." I began as Blaine put me down and we stood in place on the risers as the other glee people did a dance on the floor. "That's a death wish right there." Blaine commented. "Are you serious?!" Tina yelled, causing everyone to stop. One of the band members guitar strings snapped and made a high pitched noise. "I mean I told her I'd think about it but that doesn't necessarily mean I'll join." I held my hands up.

"Restart." Matthew sighed taking off his Warbler uniform as fanning himself. "God its been a minute since we've started and I feel like I'm in Kurt's house." "Hey! Humidity keeps your pores shut so I don't get acne!" Kurt explained in defense. We got back into starting position. "Camila you can't, it's a trap." Tina spoke. "I know, but maybe it's different for everyone. Maybe she's being nice for once." I shrugged as we switched places. "I've heard that joke a thousand times." She rolled her eyes and I grabbed Blaine's shoulders and he spinned me around. I stood still again as Mr. Schuester came through the auditorium doors. "Students!" He called. Everyone stopped and Matthew got red in the face. He let himself fall into his chair and slouch. "Sorry." He mummbled to Matthew as he passed him by. Matthew waved him off acgandsnd pulled out his phone.

We all gathered to the front of the stage as Mr. Schuster approached us. "I have our 2 soloist for sectionals picked out!" He announced. Everyone clapped and got excited. I crossed my finger behind my back and closed my eyes. "I've been watching you guys for the past week now and i've decided on the strongest duo who has really grown through our past lessons. So, singing our opening song at sectionals is." He pointed to Finn who began to drum a drumroll. We waited in the long pause before he finally spoke.

"Camila Mcknight and Finn Hudson!"

I immediately opened my eyes. Everyone started patting my back and clapping and cheering as I felt a smile paint over my mouth. "But Mr. Schuester don't you think his girlfriend should do it with him? I have all do respect for Camila but I think I'd can do better for us." Rachel asked. "Oh hush Rachel the only chance someone gets a solo except you is once in a full moon." Kurt snapped. "Hey leave her alone." Finn stood up. "No, no it's fine. Yeah why don't you give it to her?" I looked to him. "Are you sure? I mean you're doing amazing and I wanted to give someone else a chance." He questioned me. I sighed. As much as I hated it, I didn't want to hear it later. And plus Rachel does deserve it. I'd feel very terrible if I didn't give it to her.

"I'm positive." I smile to Rachel. She smiled and winked at me before heading back to her starting position. "Alrighty, let's get back to the routine." Matthew rubbed his hands together. I climbed back onto the risers and stood in my position. "You just made a mistake that you're gonna regret." Santana walked past me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(IF YOU HAVE STARTED READING THIS STORY AND THE CHAPTERS HAVE NAMED TITLES ALONG WITH PICTURES, IGNORE THIS!)

Another authors note, yikes! If you might have noticed, the chapters have new titles. I really wanted to change it up and have named titles instead of the boring Chapter 1,2,3,etc. ones. Also I've decided to add pictures to the story instead of just certain chapters! I just wanted to let you know so that you know you're not reading the wrong story! I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far because I've been enjoying writing it! I love you all, and I'll see you guys in the next chapter! :)

-lex