The Kissing Booth

Valentine's day is in two days, and so is the Glamour Ball.

The Glamour Ball is a dance me and the other student council members created for every girl and guy to feel beautiful in their own way. We were able to get a fabulous dress and tux donor to donate beautiful dresses and suits for the ball. All students had to do was pay twenty dollars to us and we'd pay for the little goodies at the ball.

I carried three large boxes stacked on each other down the scattered hall. They each contained tickets and posters to hang up in the ballroom we rented out.As I turned the main hall, I noticed there was a line going through it. I set my boxes down and stood on the tips of my toes to figure out what it was. I saw a sign hung way above the middle of the hall reading, 'Cheek for 1$, Lips for 2$'. I picked the boxes up and guided myself down the hall until I stopped in front of the long line of girls. I set the boxes down and looked up to Finn, who was wearing his jersey in pink. "What are you doing?" I asked, stepping aside. I watched him deposit one dollar into his money box and lay a kiss on a waiting girls cheek. "It's a kissing booth. The money will go to my dance tux and ticket." He smiled. He put a 'closed' sign over the front of the booth and broke the heart of the other waiting girls.

As he explained to me why he was too lazy to fetch the money, I felt around in my back pocket for my wallet. Without him seeing, I opened my money zipper and looked in it.

Nothing.

I rolled my eyes and continued to listen, plastering a smile onto my face. "You have fun with that, but for now we need to get to the choir room." I pointed behind me. He followed me down the hall and into the choir room, past Santana, Quinn, and Brittany who were standing in front of mics. "I'm guessing you ladies are gonna perform for us?" I smiled, setting the boxes down and heading to my seat. "Yep because......" Quinn qued the music.

All: If you could take my pulse right now, it would feel just like a sledge hammer.

We all did little hoops and hollers as Mr. Schuester came in late and snuck to his chair.

All: If you could feel my heartbeat now, it would hit you like a sledgehammer.

Brittany: I don't admit it. I play it cool. But every minute. That I'm with you. I feel the fever and I won't lie, I break a sweat. My body's telling, all the secrets I ain't told you yet.

Santana: I struggle to contain. The love that's in my veins, and how it circulates.

I lip sang with Mercedes, moving our shoulders to the beat.

All: If you could take my pulse right now, it would feel just like a sledgehammer. If you could feel my heartbeat now, it would hit you like a sledgehammer. You're taking over the beat of my body, you just don't let up, don't let up. You're taking over the beat of my body, but you lift me up, lift me up. If you take my pulse right now, it would feel just like a sledgehammer.

They all grabbed their mics off their stands and started circling around us, touching our shoulders and smiling at us every once in a while

Quinn: So close together. So far apart. You're turning me on, and my fire's waitin' for your spark.

Santana: I struggle to contain. The love that's in my veins, and how it circulates.

They all went back to their mic stands and readjusted. I looked out of the corner of my eye to Finn. He was bobbing his head to the beat and smiling. I guess this song could apply to us at this point.

All: If you could take my pulse right now, it would feel just like a sledgehammer. If you could feel my heartbeat now, it would hit you like a sledgehammer. You're taking over the beat of my body, you just don't let up, don't let up. You're taking over the beat of my body, but you lift me up, lift me up. If you take my pulse right now, it would feel just like a sledgehammer.

We all applauded as Puck hopped from his chair and grabbed a black marker. He drew a big heart on the board and sat back down. Not knowing why that was so exciting to him, I paid my attention to Mr. Schuester. "Valentine's day is on Friday, and so is the Glamour Ball. I need a duet to sing for it because I don't think you guys would just want to listen to a Spotify soundtrack all night.." He looked around.

The room was silent. Surprisingly, not even Rachel volunteered. We all wanted to enjoy the ball, not do something we do everyday. I sighed and raised my hand, so did Finn. I felt a lump fall into my neck, realizing we'd be singing a love song at a Valentine's day ball. "Alright. You guys need to figure up the song. In the mean time, we should discuss regionals, it's in less than 4 weeks." He folded his hands. Rachel then decided to open her mouth and volunteer for the solo. "What if we gave the solo to a guy this time?" Everyone turned to me.

"Did I just really say that...." I thought to myself.

"Are you crazy?" Santana batted her eyes to me. "No, that's actually a good idea. Since the theme is songs off of one album, we can do Panic At the Disco's new one." He began to write ideas down on a notepad. "Well, since I won't be singing, Finn should take the solo. He is the male captain after all." Rachel folded her arms. "Woah no way! I'm not ready to do that Mr. Schue." Finn held his hands up in defense. "Yes you are Finn! It'll be a great mix up!" I turned to Finn, who was looking at the rest of us for an agreement. After a pinch of silence, he finally said, "Alright then, I'll do it."

I twirled Finn's necklace he got me between my fingers as everyone rattled on about regionals. I need to get fifty dollars from my Aunt and use it for my dress, shoes, nails, and finally, a kiss from the one Finn Hudson. I'll just do her laundry for the next month or come to her 'Bring Your Kid To Work' days to pay it off. I just can't stop thinking about it. The booth couldn't have come at a better time. Thank you whoever decided, "I bet I could make a couple hundred bucks if I gave people smooches for money!"