Finnster

I quickly ran into the bathroom, stopping my footing and looking at straightener. I grabbed it and quickly clamped it through my hair. I guess I was panicking to much because I managed to grab the iron part. "AGH SHIT." I screamed, dropping the flat iron onto the counter and grasping my hand. I swore under my breathe as I walked in circles, pressuring the burning pain away. I picked the straightener back up, scanning over the scratch mark on it. "Stupid motherfu-" dum dum. I looked into my room, to my computer. Finn was calling on Skype. I shut the light off, polvolted into my bed, and a clicked the video call button.

Finn was up close to the camera, making a goofy face. It startled me at first, but my shock turned into a giggle. "Do I look pretty?" He asked, sounding like a kid "Yes, yes you do." He cupped his cheeks and spun in his chair, making weird noises. "So do you have a great explanation as to why you didn't do your work today?" I asked, pulling my book bag onto my bed. "I was too busy scarfing down a bag of hot cheetos with you!.." He trailed off. "Hasn't stopped you before! You know you always have red dust stains on your paper but hey, at least you get it done!" I shrugged, pulling out my homework and a pencil.

"Look I'll get it done." He lowered his hands some. I eyed him before arching my knees. I set my binder onto my thighs and began to work. It was a long silence that filled the call for the next 5 minutes, until Finn said, "You should give me the answers to 17 through 26." I didn't even look up at him from my binder, I just simply ignored him. "Camila." Finn called again. I heard him sigh. "Geez, it's getting pretty hot in here," he said sarcastically, "I better take my shirt of." I listened to him shuffle around and fought the urge to look up. "Ahh, much better." I heard him relax. I waited few minutes before peeking my eyes over my papers. He quickly looked up. "CAUGHT YOU!" Finn exclaimed, pointing to me. I dropped my binder and we bursted out laughing, trying to hide my redness.

I rolled my eyes and went back to work, denying his cheating request. I hummed a song into my head by a singer named Troye Sivan, who Tina had introduced me to in early October. And pretty soon, I listened to the words roll off my tongue softly.

Camila: I wanna sleep next to you, but that's all I wanna do right now. And I wanna come home to you, but home is just a room full of my safest sounds.

I realized how lovey-dovey the song sounded, and stopped singing. I then felt my heart leap out of my chest when I heard:

Finn: Cause you know that I can't trust myself with my 3AM shadow. I'd rather fuel a fantasy than deal with this alone.

I looked up from my binder. Finn had stopped singing, and he was still working on his homework. He then sang again

Finn: I wanna sleep next to you, but that's all I wanna do right now. So come over now, and talk me down

He smiled at me as I hummed the instrumental of the song. I felt the weird feeling rise up in my heart as I sat criss-cross and laid my binder down in my lap. I then began to work more.

Camila: I wanna hold hands with you, but that's all I wanna do right now.

Finn: And I wanna get close to you, cause your hands and lips still know their way around.

Camila: And I know I like to draw that line, when it starts to get too real. But the less time that I spend with you, the less you need to heal.

Finn: I wanna sleep next to you, but that's all I wanna do right now. So come over now and talk me down.

I just couldn't focus. I closed my binder and looked at Finn, who was still doing his work. I rested my elbow on my side knee and balanced my head on my knuckles. I looked deeply at him, but couldn't figure out what was happening.

Camila: But I wanna sleep next to you, and that's all I wanna do right now.

Finn: And I wanna come home to you, but home is just a room full of my safest sounds.

Both: So come over now, and talk me down.

I looked down at my lap, waiting for my redness to pass. I pulled my sweatshirt up some to hide my red chest as I cleared my throat. "I'm surprised you know that song." I managed to get out of my twisted tongue. "Guys have soft sides, you know that right?" He cocked his eyebrow. I quickly changed the subject and sat back some. "Do you know what you're doing for next week's assignment?" "Oh hell yeah I do! I'm gonna be a super hero, called the Treble Clef." Finn twinkled his fingers like he had magic. I wiggled my shoulders, followed with a long 'ohhhhhh'. "What about you?" He asked, flipping his paper over. "I'm not sure yet, but I'll come around to it."

We loss track of the hours as we talked and did work, discussing everything we could possibly find to say. It was about 4am when I began to doze off.

"Camila...." I heard Finn say, jolting me up from my bed. I wiped my eyes. "Sorry, just a bit tired." I stretched my legs. "Maybe you should go to bed." He said softly, letting the side of his lips rise into a smile. "No, no I'm fine." I shook my head. He looked at me with a 'You're-A-Terrible-Liar' face until I gave up. "I guess I'll go then." I sighed, throwing my books onto the floors, "Thanks for the call, I had fun. I was able to complete all my homework and relieve some stress." Finn ran his fingers through his hair. "No problem, I'll text you when I decide to come out of hibernation." I yawned mid-sentence. "Goodnight Finnster."

"Goodnight Camileon."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have gone into the comments of each chapter and have listed the song(s) used in each chapter, so if you want to know what song I used in a certain chapter, you may go back and go into the comment section of the chapter to find it!

-lex