Burt's Tire and Lube Shop

I walked inside the opened garage door to the right out of the many that lined the wall. I walked past the other workers, hearing their bolts fall to the ground or oil be poured into a bucket. I went to the middle and saw the guys working on a vintage car. "What are we doing today?" I asked Finn, who was picking out screws from a bucket. He turned back to me and smiled. "We are fixing up this car for the Cleveland Car Show next week. The guy gave us big bucks for it, so we've been on it all morning." He explained. "What's wrong with it?" I asked, setting my purse down and following him over to the car. "The radiator and engine has seen it's last days, needs new ones and maybe a few other parts." Puck said as he wiped his forehead of sweat, leaving a grease stain across it.

"Sounds pretty tough, but I know you guys got it. I just don't see how you enjoy working on cars. They seem complicated." Finn rolled out from under the car and grabbed another roller. He patted it and looked at me. "Finn I don't want to get dirty." I bit my lip. "You wont. There is no liquids in the car and everything is new so far." He sat up. I walked over and Mike helped me sit on it. I laid down and rolled under the car with Finn. It smelled of melted metal and rubber. He started pointing at parts and explaining them. I felt myself staring off into space as he explained it, feeling better than what I did yesterday. The more he talked, the more I couldnt stand being upset with him. He pulled me back out with him and we both got up. He popped the hood as I leaned up against the rack of bolts and screws. It was silent for a while, until I said, "This place is boring."

All the guys smiled at each other. Sam got into the car and sat down on the top of seat with Puck. Mike stood on the trunk as I crossed my arms, figuring out what they were doing.

Finn: Why this car is automatic. It's systematic. It's hydromatic

Finn looked and me and grinned. I covered my mouth and started to giggle. These boys were silly.

Finn: Why it's grease lightning!

Sam: Grease Lightning!

Finn got on the table and started dancing. He couldn't dance much, but it was just enough to make me interested.

Finn: We'll get some overhead lifters and some four barrel quads, oh yeah

Sam: Keep talking whoa keep talking

Finn: A fuel injection cutoff and chrome plated rods oh yeah

Sam: I'll get the money I'll kill to get the money

I walked to the front of car, smiling and leaning against the wall. They all made their way to the front also. Sam sat on the hood, Mike and Puck to the left and right in front of him, and Finn behind Sam.

Finn: With a four speed on the floor they'll be waiting at the door. You know that ain't no crap we'll be getting lots of that, in Grease Lightning

Boys: Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go

They began to mimic all the moves from the movie. I was so impressed because I thought only teenage girls and older adults watched the movies.

Finn: Go grease lightning you're burning up the quarter mile

Camila and Boys: Grease lightning go grease lightning

Finn: Go grease lightning you're coasting through the heat lap trial

Camila and Boys: Grease lightning go grease lightning