Crash Around Me

Av taylorbreannexx

In Dillon Texas, a small town where football is absolutely everything. When things start crashing down around... Mer

You Belong With Me
Unbreakable
Boys of Fall
Fix You
Skinny Love
Fire Meets Gasoline
You Gonna Kiss Me or Not?
All I need
The Only Reason
In My Veins
I Knew You Were Trouble
Loosing Your Memory
End of The Day
Fools
Let's Get It On
Over And Over Again
Bed of Lies
Elastic Heart
Company You Keep
Pity Party
Soap
Soap Part 2
Tailgate Town
Wings
Golden
Lightning
Thank U's
Unstoppable
Author's Note

Girl Crush

300 5 0
Av taylorbreannexx

*Hayleigh's POV*

The weeks hadn't been that bad without cheer practice but now it was Friday, and I was going to my first football game I wouldn't be cheering at. Worst of all I hadn't talked my boyfriend into joining me yet, this was going to be awful. I wasn't cheering so that gave me an excuse to have to talk to my parents, for sure if Jason didn't go.

I got ready and sit down beside him, wrapping my arms around him. I kissed his cheek and said "So your parents are going to the game tonight and I was planning on going to the game tonight. It would make me the happiest girl in the world if you would come with me...you haven't been to a game since you got home. Please Jason?"

He smiled and kissed me, replying "I would have to go get ready and then once we got there everyone would act so concerned or stare. I just don't really like being treated like I need help..."

I looked at him with big eyes, looking super pouty and said "Please Jason Please,"

He kissed my nose and said "Ok, ok. I will go, let me go get ready." He went to his to get changed for the game.

I smiled and laid on my stomach, on his bed and watched him. I loved everything about him, he can make me smile when I am on the verge of tears. I didn't want to ever lose him, I suppose that was why I had so many fears.

When he was almost ready, he pulled out his jersey and held it there in his hands. He looked at it for the longest time, then looked at me and said "do you think I should wear my jersey or not?" He went back to looking at it.

I smiled at him and said "Of course you should, no matter what you are my favorite player Street. If you don't the jersey, then I will wear it to the game!"

He pulled me into a kiss, then said "ok I will wear it and do you think you join the cheer team again? I think you should Hayleigh, you love and you have the choice to go do it again. I would go back to Football in a heartbeat."

I sighed and wanted to say so much at that moment but bit my tongue, saying "We need to go babe."

We got to the game, it was the first game of the playoffs and we were playing the McNulty Mavericks. I noticed myself to be watching the cheerleaders more than I was the game at this point. I did miss it but it seemed like a thing of the past right now, how could joining back happen when I knew those things. Maybe you are overthinking this Hayleigh, you always do! I was then brought out of my thoughts by the Halftime buzzer. I noticed Callie trying to get my attention and I walked over there and said "Did you need something?"

She looked at me and said "Well one you look absolutely miserable and two I really need to talk to you. The whole thing that happened was a huge deal but neither yours nor Paisley's fault. So can we walk and talk for a minute?"

I sighed and I wasn't sure I wanted to hear any more about it, but nodded my head and walked off with her. "So what happened?"

Callie stopped and looked at me, once we were not with everyone and said "Hayleigh, what happened was terrible and it got blown out of proportion more than we ever thought. I miss you so much and I really want you to be back on the team. Paisley wasn't ever mad at you, until one day I practice. I was jealous of her becoming your best friend, I didn't even know you had a boyfriend. Tessa, she just hates you and Lyla wanted to take her boyfriend back. So I guess we were all just upset and told Paisley some things that weren't true. That's why she stopped talking to you and that's why you weren't invited to the party...She didn't say those things about Jason, Tessa made all that up. I am so sorry Hayleigh and I understand if you hate me but you shouldn't hate her...she didn't do anything."

I looked down and at that moment I felt all this anger come over me, I didn't want it to show though. I couldn't believe this, I had hated her and quit the cheer team when I wasn't even her. I just looked at Callie and said "Oh...Well I honestly don't have anything to say to you. I am going to get back to the game." I walked away from her and over to where Paisley was.

Paisley looked at me and said "What? Do you want to snap on me again?"

I sighed and then said "Callie told me everything and how you thought I said stuff to your mom. I didn't even see your mom that week till the night of the party and I am so sorry I snapped on you. People were just telling me you were talking about me and everything, I'm sorry Paisley."

She softened up and didn't look so mad, then said "Oh well I am sorry for believing them of you. You are my best friend Hayleigh and I am so sorry for everything I did say and for not talking to you or inviting you. I hope you can forgive me and we can move on."

I smiled a little, replying "Yes I would like that a lot. I will let you get back to cheering now."

Paisley and I hugged quickly and I was walking away when the coach stopped me. She said "Hayleigh are you okay?"

I nodded "Yes I am fine, but can I come to practice tomorrow...if not its ok I know I quit the team."

She smiled at me and replied "of course you can Hayleigh, I told you your spot would be open and the powderpuff game is coming up. You will be in it right?"

I smiled and answered "Yes I can do it but I am not going to be very good." I hugged her "See you at practice tomorrow." I walked off, back over to Jason.

Near the end of the game, the Panthers could probably get in one more play. Matt Saracen had the ball and pitches it back to Riggins. Riggins runs it and passes off to Smash, while Matt runs up the right side. Smash throws the ball to Saracen and he runs into the end zone, getting the final Touchdown. Panthers win the first Playoff game of the season and the crowd goes crazy.

We go home later and we am laying there watching some movie on TV and I look at him "Jason, I did join the team again and I have to play in the powderpuff game."

He chuckled and said "well I'm glad you did and baby you can't even catch the ball."

I blushed and giggled "I know, this can't go good but I know the best guy to teach me." I smirked and kissed him.

He kissed back and replied "Who?! I want to meet this guy, I might not want him too, and I might get jealous."

I giggled "Yeah, he's a pretty great guy, I don't think you know him, but he's a legend." I pulled him close and kissed his lips softly.

He kissed back and cupped my face "I love you Hayleigh Porter."

I blushed so bad and got instant butterflies, this was the first time he had told me he loved me "I love you too, Jason Street."

The next morning I woke up and looked up at him sleeping, he made me happier than I ever thought I would be. I had to go to cheer practice and then he said we would practice when I got back. I kissed his forehead and got my practice clothes on and threw my hair up, going to practice.

I felt pretty good about everything right now, I was going to cheer again and I did love it. I got to practice and went over to Paisley, saying "How is Paisley today? You and Matt doing amazing?"

She smiled and said "Well I am great, mostly because you are here. Yes we are amazing and he's happy to be one of the Powderpuff coaches."

I ask "Who's the other coach? Have they choose who's one whose team?"

She smiled "It's Riggins and no, they are today I think. Are you and Jason good? I sure hope so."

I smiled "Yeah we are actually but I am still so scared of losing him." I looked over at everyone, mostly to see if there was any problems. But opposite of what I thought practice went really well. Paisley and I were both on Saracen's team, with her being Quarterback and Lyla was Riggins.

I went back to Jason's and his jeep was the only thing in the driveway, but it always was. Like it was just there to break his heart a little bit more. I got out and walked in, he was the only one home. I kissed him on the cheek, and said "hey babe, I got put on Saracen's team and I was hoping I could wear your jersey for the game."

He sighed "You could be on my team if things would have went differently..." He lighten up and smiled a little "of course you can wear it."

I grabbed his hand and kissed it "Thank you and Jason, I know but things didn't and we can't keep putting yourself down for it. Guess what!"

He looked at me and ask what and I smiled, saying "Well I had been checking around and I made some calls today, you can start therapy Monday and it could really help you Jason! I mean I wouldn't want you to play football but she might help you walk again!"

He put his face in his hands, sighing loudly then looked at me "I thought you were someone else Hayleigh but you are just like everyone else! Cancel the appointment, I am not going! I am not going to walk again and I want you to stop trying! But trust me if I did go and it did work, the first thing I would do is play football again!"

I was so happy and it was immediately taken away, I said "I was just trying to help you! No you won't walk again without trying Jason, you can't just sit here, feeling sorry for yourself and give up! And seriously you would get better and do that to mess it all up again! I just thought maybe you would give this a shot for me...I love you."

He was mad, and said "Hayleigh I am sorry you thought this was a good idea...but it's not, definitely with those conditions! I didn't want to do therapy for Lyla, why would I do this for you, you don't even know me Hayleigh!"

I heard those words come out of his mouth and it was like someone ripped my heart out. I stood up and before I could stop myself said "Well if she means that much to you, I'd get back with her! I see she was much more important than I ever was but that was expected!"

He looked at me and said "Yeah I think I will!"

I walked off and got my things crying, and left. I drove to my house and I wasn't sure how this would go but the reason I left wasn't a reason now. I walked in crying and my mom looked at me and said "Hayleigh! What's wrong Darling? Do you want to talk about this?"

I cried harder, walking upstairs "No mom, I just want to be alone but you and dad should be happy! Jason isn't a problem anymore!" I laid down on my bed and cried harder than I think I ever had. I was okay being the girl who secretly someone but being used by that someone as their backup, was the worst feeling. My brother was right, when I had a crush on his best friend and he told me "Hayleigh don't mess with football players they are nothing but trouble!" Even though he was one. I laid there thinking I hated him! I hated her! I hated her for how much they loved each other! I wanted that so bad! I just wanted it to all go away and none of this to have ever happened! Just go back to freshman year and start over here in Dillon... I thought, and cried myself to sleep.

  •A.N•
-thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy! :)
-Taylor

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

19.3K 1.6K 40
**A Romance, Teen Fiction, and YA Featured Novel** Worlds collide when a formerly overweight teen befriends a blinded football player and is forced t...
116K 2.5K 34
An anxious homebody gets roped into her university quarterback's scheme to get back at both of their exes. **** Highest rating: #7 in books | 7 - 1...
20.5K 184 22
Matt dillon imagines and headcannons
Broken Av Claire

Ungdomsfiksjon

5.4K 215 40
Grace Jackson has been dealing with self hatred since middle school. It only became worse as the school years went by, and just when Grace feels it's...