NCIS: Arendale

By inactive_jelsa

Elsa Arens, is the queen of Arendale. But no one knows what she looks like, or what her real name is. One day... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Important
Chapter 35
New Story

Chapter 2

977 31 15
By inactive_jelsa

*Jacks POV*

I should have kissed her.

It was the perfect opportunity too. I stayed up all night thinking about her.

Elsa is the most amazing person I have ever met. She was funny, quick witted, smart, her eyes sparkled like the sea.

The elevator opens. Tearing me away from my thoughts.

Chad, Kristoff, Steven and Mavis are all gathered around the screen between my desk and Chads.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"We have a new person coming."

"Who is it Mavis?"

"We don't know." Kristoff says.

"Well then why are we all here?"

"Because we have some information. Hit it Eastmund." Mavis says eagerly. Chad presses a button.

Documents pull up. "Highly skilled in politics, self defense, math and computers." She lists off.

"What we also know is that, this new agent is a woman."

"How do you know Steven?"

"This right here." Kristoff takes the remote. "It also says that, she, knows three languages. French, Spanish and Russian."

"Russian? Dang. I wanna know who this is." Someone slaps me on the back of my head.

"You're about to find out Overland." North says, he stops and looks at all of us. "What are you all doing?"

"Sorry North but, we were curious." Mavis steps forward a couple steps. "Well no more of that, you're about to meet her."

He points behind me, I turn around. "No way." I whisper. She stops for a second when she sees me.

That one second, is all that I need to know. We hardly know each other at all.

Now we both know why we wouldn't tell certain things. "Everyone meet, Elsa Arens." She gives all of us a nervous smile.

I extend my hand, giving the allusion that we haven't met till now. "Jackson Overland."

"Mavis Drac." Everyone gives their names and shakes her hand. I keep my eyes on her.

Elsa Arens, beautiful name. "Welcome to the team. I know you'll fit right in." Kristoff pats her shoulder.

"Well, we're about to find out." We all look at North.

"Got a body. North side beach. Grab your gear. Arens you need a ride?" I turn on my heels and follow him.

"She can ride with me boss...Get ready for your first rodeo Elsa." I wink at her.

"Please. I'm ready for anything."

On our way there. Elsa and I are by ourselves, I decided to strike up a conversation.

"Is this the reason why you didn't tell me your last name? Because you were going to work at the same place with me."

"No. I didn't even know who you were."

"Then why."

"I can't tell you."

"But why?"

"I can't! Alright, I can't. Honestly, I had no idea who you were or where you worked. I always kn-" She stops and looks out the window.

"You always know what?" She doesn't say anything.

"You can tell me."

"That's what they all say." She whispers.

"Why'd you take this job? Can you tell me that at least."

"I can't."

"Of course you can't."

"Hey." She turns to face me. "I know that I can't tell you everything little thing I know. Like why I'm here or what business I did. But there are just things you don't need to know."

"What is so important about not being able to tell me basic things?"

"Reasons you obviously you won't understand."

"Try me."

"I'd rather not." She turns back to the window. I groan in frustration. "I had no idea that you were so stubborn."

"There's a lot you don't know about me Jack."

"I'm going to tell you right now. The moment you turned around and left. I could not get you out of my head. And I can guarantee you, you won't leave my head again."

"Why is that?"

"You're a mystery Ms. Arens. Now, I am more than ever determined to figure you out." I can see her trying to hold back a smile.

"Good luck with that. I'm a closed book with a lock. The key has been thrown away."

"I'm going to find that key. Whether you like it or not."

"Okay fine. Since you're oh so determined to figure me out. Why don't you tell me about you? And I want to know everything."

"Oh look at that, we're here. Sorry to disappoint you." She rolls her eyes.

"Now if anyone is frustrating. It's you." I smile and put on my jacket and hat.

Elsa puts her in a quick bun, putting her hat over her hair. We get out of the car and head to the beach.

Press and pedestrians are trying to get as close as they can to the crime scene.

I get out my camera when we cross the police line. "What do we got here?"

Chad turns to answer my question. "Navy Lieutenant Triton. Single gun shot wound to the head. Execution style." I turn my head and see a girl with bright red hair crying.

"His body was discovered by his daughter and her boyfriend. They were surfing and saw someone laying on the sand. Her boyfriend, Eric, saw that it was her father and called the police."

Elsa is talking to Eric, asking questions probably. For some odd reason. I feel a little protective over her.

Kristoff bends down to look at him. "This doesn't look like no ordinary surprise attack murder. Look at his fingers...their jagged and have some dead skin under the nail."

I take a few pictures of his hand. "His suit is also unbuttoned."

"So?" Asks North. "Most, Lieutenants, keep their coats buttoned. To look more put together when they go out. This poor fellow, wasn't taken off guard, he knew his attacker. And fought for his life."

I look at Chad. Why would anyone want him dead?

*Elsas POV*

Back at the building, I take Ariel in for questioning first.

"Hi Ariel, I'm special agent Arens. I just need to ask you a few questions about your father." She stops and looks at me.

The girl has been crying ever since she found her father.

Only now has she stopped crying. I guess she cried herself dry for now. "What do you want to know?"

"Not too much. You'll be out of here in no time." I give her a reassuring smile. "Now. What did you know about your father's job?"

"Not much. He didn't want to talk about his job when he got home."

"Did you or your father ever get strange phone calls leading up to his death?"

"I'm not sure, sometimes he would go outside to talk. He looked angry on the phone. Like he was an argument with the person."

"Do you have any idea who that might be? Anyone close to your dad?"

"I don't know. He never brought his work home."

"Any friends that he may have a falling out with?"

"Not that I'm aware of. That's all I know." I stare at her a moment more before leaving the room.

Jack meets halfway with me in the hallway. "What do you think? She telling the truth?"

"I don't know. But she's holding something back."

"How do you know?"

"Ariel never looked me in the eye. She just stared at her lap until after that last question."

"Want me to ask her more questions?"

"No, we need to talk to the boyfriend now. If we ask Ariel too many questions right now, she won't talk to us again."

"Alright, I'll let her go." I nod and walk around him. "Hey Elsa."

His voice make me stop and look at him. "Can we talk? After work?"

I think back to what I have to do at the castle. Parliament is meeting tonight and I need to be there.

"Sorry Jack, I can't. There are things I need to do back at home."

"Can't it wait?"

"I'm afraid it can't. Maybe some other time." He opens his mouth to talk but I turn around before he can.

"I'm going to find that key!" He yells out. I suppress a smile as I walk away.

There's no way he's going to find a way to get me to open up. Not even Anna has, she may get a peek. But that's it.

I tell the security guard to bring Eric to the integration room. He nods and leaves to get him.

As I go to the listing room, the other side of the glass, Ariel passes me.

She looks sad. Well who wouldn't be after you find the body of your murdered father.

When I get inside, Eric is already there and waiting. "So who's going in there?" I ask North.

"Overland." We both turn to look at him. He holds his hands up. "Oh no, I'm not going in there come on boss."

"What's wrong Overland?"

"It's the boyfriend." I smile at him. "Do you have a thing against a girls boyfriend?"

"No, it's just..they always stumble around their words. This guy looks like the type who would make a bunch of rude, sexual jokes."

"You should do just fine then." North smiles the slightest bit.

"Go on."

"Fine, but I'm not happy about it." He opens the door, trying to act mad. Jack hits his forhead.

I laugh at him, he just rubs his head and goes to the other room. Jack walks inside not saying anything.

"What is he doing North?"

"He's doing his own method of interrogation your majesty."

"Shh! Don't call me that here. And but why? He's not a suspect."

"Just watch, it's actually entertaining."

"So, Eric. You hungry?" He asks unwrapping a sandwich. Really? "Not really no."

"That's okay. You don't mind if I eat do you?"

"No sir."

"Great." Jack takes a bite before speaking again. "Oh gosh, I'm so rude. I never introduced myself. I'm special agent Overland. I bet you're wondering why you're here."

"Yeah, I already told the pretty blonde agent everything I knew at the beach." Jack stops eating for second.

"What'd did you tell her? Everything you told her, you tell me. Alright?" Eric nods his head.

"How come you didn't see the lieutenant before you started surfing?"

"He wasn't there before."

"If he wasn't there before. How did he appear when you finally caught a wave? Because, you did say that, you saw the body. As you were surfing."

"Well yes-"

"Then how did it get there?"

"I don't know. Maybe the guy put him there when our backs were turned."

"Did you see the person who dumped his body?"

"No, I didn't see anyone. One minute he wasn't there. The next he was."

"I see." Jack takes another bite of his sandwich. "What else do you know? Because once you're done here, you can get something to eat."

"I don't know anything else...could you send in that blonde? She's really hot."

My eyes go wide at his statement. I do a small cough and look back at the window. For a moment, Jack doesn't say or do anything. "We're done here." He gets up and leaves.

Jack could have made him tell us more if I came in. Why'd he do that?

I leave the room. "You're letting him go?"

"Yes, there was nothing more he was going to say."

"How do you know that?"

"He wanted you to go in there to flirt with you. Not to talk. That's why I'm letting him go."

"So? Let him flirt. It's not like it would've affected me. At least he would have talked."

"No he wouldn't."

"Well now we won't know."

"Elsa trust me. I've been doing this way longer than you have."

"Oh yeah? Try me."

"Where did you work before this then? What did you do?"

"For your information. I'm still with that job."

"Then why are you here?"

"Because I need to do something."

"What is it?" I stumble to find what to say. How can I tell him without giving it away?

"That's private information." He puts his hands down.

"Right of course it is."

"Why is this so important to you?" I ask annoyed.

"Because, I need to figure you out."

"Why? I'm not interesting, I don't even look interesting. I look like everyone else."

"Not to me. The moment I saw you. I wanted to know everything I could about you. You, are, very intriguing Ms. Arens. Get used to me being around. Until you finish whatever you need to do here, we're going to be working together."

"You won't get me to say anything."

"So many secrets. We'll see about that."

---------------------
-------

"I swear Anna there's a problem with him." I say pacing back and forth. Anna is laying on my bed messing with her hair.

"Problem with who again?"

"Jack. The guy with the white hair. Weird hair. Anyway, he's a problem."

"How is he a problem?" She turns to lay on her stomach. I stop pacing and face her.

"He's asking too many questions about me that I can't answer without giving away who I really am." I sit on the chair in my room.

I lay my head back. "What did he ask you about?"

"Stuff like. Who did you work for before? Why didn't I tell him my last name? And I almost said, that I'm supposed to know everyone."

"Elsa, that's a slip up of your own. Besides, he's curious. What's wrong with that?"

I sit up and look at her. "Ummm. Remember? I'm there to find the traitor. And, what if it's him?" I would hate it to be Jack.

"Please if he was, he wouldn't have gone to that party."

"He had to Anna. I invited the whole team there. They're the most highly respected team in NCIS."

"You know he could've easily came up with an excuse not to go right? Like, if he was sick."

I put my head in my hands, rubbing my temples. Today has been a very long day. First with Jack and us starting a new case. Then the meeting with parliament.

Just, a lot, in one day. "I don't know Anna, I've had a very long day. Why don't we go to bed now? I'm tired."

"Ugh, fine." She gets off my bed. "Don't worry about Jack too much. He's just a curious, attractive, guy."

Anna smiled when she said that he was attractive. I roll my eyes. "Please Anna, he is not attractive."

"He thinks you are." She half sings, I smile and shoe her out. "Goodnight Anna."

"Goodnight Elsa. Have sweet dreams...about Jack!" She skips to her room.

"No way!" I close my door and climb into bed.

My head plops onto the pillow. "Tomorrow is going to be another long day."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.8K 980 37
C O M P L E T E D Highest Ranking #1 in Jelsa 19/12/20 Jack Overland Frost is Frost High's major bad boy, and just so happens to be the Headmasters'...
23.6K 1.1K 50
Captain Frost, a veteran captain met a girl named Elsa Arendelle. She fell in love with him at first sight but Hiccup changed her very fine. But then...
23.4K 1.8K 59
C O M P L E T E D Highest Ranking: #1 in Jelsa 10/11/20 Elsa Arens is a detective at the 56th precinct in Burgess, Pennsylvania. She is a bit of a cl...
22.7K 738 33
COMPLETED #1 in JELSA! 1-11-19 ••• Elsa has been kept in her room for eight years. One day she decides to go out and explore, just for a day. When sh...