Silent Love

By UltimatelyIncomplete

[GirlxGirl] Hayden was a happy girl, content with everything that she had, and everyone loved and adored her... More

All Rights Reserved
Prologue
1. Pain
2. First Day of Senior Year
3. A Week Later
4. Smirks
5. What's Happening to Me?
6. Falling
7. Silence
8. Her Smile
9. Control
10. Real or Not?
11. The Talk
12. Kiss
14. Alive
15. Lies
16. Allison
17. You Belong With Me
18. What Love Feels Like
19. Shit Just Got Real
20. Apologies
21. Wrapped Up
22. Story Of My Life
23. Forgiveness Is Freedom
24. Crude Remarks
25. White With Stains
26. Ends are the Real Beginnings

13. Explaining

21.3K 745 213
By UltimatelyIncomplete

"So, now that we know, uh, about each other's feelings, does this mean that we can, um, go on a date?" Claire asked awkwardly and I turned to her with an eyebrow raised. She had her hands fidgeting in her lap while her eyes were focused on the carpeted floor of the library.

The bell had rung a few minutes earlier and I knew that we both weren't about to take fifth period.

"I-I d-don't kn-know."

I reached out to hold her hand which was on her lap. She intertwined our fingers with a smile on her face while I smiled Seeing her smile.

I knew it's cheesy but I felt as if seeing her smile made me fall in love with her all over again. The way she smiled, the way she frowned, even the way she smirked looking all smug made me love her more than before.

"So, are we keeping this a secret from our friends?" Claire asked as she placed her head on my shoulder grabbing my arm with her other hand.

"D-do y-you want i-it to b-be?" I asked with my voice raspy and throaty. I still can't believe that I spoke to her, aunt Carrie is going to die from happiness.

"No."

"T-then it w-won't be a-a s-secret."

Silence fell upon us as I played with her fingers that were wrapped around my own and she drew patterns on the skin of my arm with her other hand. My heart was still beating fast and loud from the confession we both had shared with each other and I knew that it wouldn't be slowing down anytime soon.

"I love your voice."

Claire had raised her head from my shoulder and was now looking into my eyes with her own, very green, eyes. I gulped visibly trying to control my eyes from averting towards her very soft and plump lips.

Her eyes were still staring into mine when my eyes, not so discretely, fell to her lips that instantly formed into a smirk and I groaned loudly.

She laughed as I tried to hide my face in my hands but she held my hands in her own while my cheeks turned red.

"Aww, are you blushing?" Claire smirked as she carefully seated herself onto my stretched-out legs now.

I looked around not wanting to look at her smirk even though it was extremely beautiful. She placed both her hands on my cheeks and raised my face to level with her own.

I closed my eyes and another laugh surrounded us as my hands were placed beside me limply.

"Open your eyes." Claire ordered and I shook my head still with my eyes closed.

I shook my head from between her hands as I kept my eyes closed. I heard her grumble before I felt soft lips connecting with my own. My eyes flew open as her closed.

I kissed her with the same intensity and love that she was conveying.

She smiled in our kiss before she pulled away leaving me breathless and wanting more. As I opened my eyes, I saw a soft smile playing on her lips and a warm hand stroking my cheek lovingly.

A smile made its way onto my own lips and as we were about to lean in again for a kiss, when we were rudely interrupted.

"There they are!"

A series of shh's followed after and a small sorry came from the owner of the voice.

Claire got off of my lap when Kyle smirked at us, with Josh and Clayton. Alyson stood closely behind the three boys.

"Ooh, was someone doing something in the library?" Kyle teased as he glanced from Claire to me.

I glared at him when I saw Claire turn red from embarrassment.

"Shut up." Claire mumbled and Kyle laughed.

"On a serious note, what were you guys doing?" Josh asked looking at Claire and I. I shrugged and Claire bowed her head down.

"They were k-i-s-s-i-n-g." Clayton said in a whisper causing Claire and Alyson to roll their eyes while Josh and Kyle laughed at the boy.

"Idiot." Alyson muttered making Clayton pout. Josh shook his head before looking at his watch.

"We bunked fifth period looking for you two but now we need to go to sixth. I have a test." Josh spoke glancing at all of us. I nodded my head before getting up from the carpeted floor of the library. I held a hand out for Claire, she smiled before grabbing onto my out stretched hand as I pulled her on to her feet.

I smiled at her and she reciprocated, looking into her eyes all I wanted to do in that moment was kiss her but a cough brought me back to reality. A reality where friends always have to interrupt you.

I turned towards Kyle and the others with an annoyed expression while Claire giggled.

Kyle smiled sheepishly before pointing towards his watch.

"We have to go."

I nodded my head before I began to walk ahead of the others with Claire's hand in my own, with our fingers intertwined.

"Did we miss something?" Clayton questioned from behind me and I smiled as I tightened my hand around Claire's.

Happiness returned to me.

...................................................

"The mute can talk now?" Jordan asked with confusion as he stared at a pacing Zeke.

"Yes, how many times do I have to repeat it to you?" Zeke lashed out on the confused boy sitting on the Hood of his car.

Jordan raised his hands in surrender and Zeke sighed heavily before he began to pace again. All that Zeke could think about was Claire and Hayden. He didn't want Claire to be Hayden's, he left his old town and moved to this town just because of Claire. He only wanted Claire.

The relationship of Claire and Zeke was strong before they both started dating. Zeke loved Claire, but not in a healthy way. Claire was oblivious of the fact that Zeke had a clingy side to him that could turn extra clingy in a minute and then super clingy in a second.

"So, why are you telling me this?" Jordan asked as he looked at Zeke pace around.

"Because I want to destroy Hayden and I need your help." Zeke stood in front of Jordan.

"And why do you think that I would help you? I only met you today." Jordan raised an eyebrow at the boy in front of him.

"I know that you don't like Hayden and I don't like Hayden either. This should be a good enough reason."

"Dude, she beat me up twice. I don't want to get beat up a third time." Jordan said with red cheeks of embarrassment.
"Don't worry, she'll do no such thing. Not when I'm around at least." Zeke assured the boy.

"But why do you want to destroy her? Don't you think that you're going a bit extreme?"

"Do you want to help me or not? It seems as if I thought wrong about you. You are just a wimp that's scared of a girl." Zeke mocked as he smirked at Jordan.

"Hey, watch it. I'm not scared of a girl. I've been beating her up for three years, I'm an alpha male while she's just a sad girl that doesn't have any parents." Jordan smirked at himself.

Zeke's ears perked up and he looked at Jordan.

"What did you just say?"

"What? About beating her up?" Jordan frowned.

"No, after that. Something about being a sad girl."

"Oh that, she doesn't have parents." Jordan spoke and Zeke smirked.

"What happened to her parents?"

"All that I know about is that her parents died in a plane crash three years ago. That's when I became friends with Kyle and he told me about her parents and some stuff about her too."

"What else did Kyle tell you about?" Zeke asked Jordan with interest.

"He said that Hayden now, lives with her aunt. No other family members." Zeke smirked and the wheels of his brain turned almost cynically as he thought about evil things.

"So, are you gonna help me?" Zeke asked again and Jordan didn't take a second to think as he nodded his head in the direction of Zeke earning an evil smile from the boy.

.............................................

As I walked into my house, I smelled a delicious smell invading my nose. Sliding my book bag from my shoulder, I closed the front door behind me with a click. Placing it down by the door, I walked towards the kitchen and smiled when I saw aunt Carrie stirring something in a pot while reading something from a cook book.

I walked over to her and kissed her cheek to tell her that I was home. She smiled before kissing my cheek and asking about my day.

"So how was your day?" Aunt Carrie asked as she focused on the cook book with her eyebrows knitted together.

"G-good." My voice came out scratchy and raspy.

Aunt Carrie nodded her head still focused on her cook book as I laughed in my mind.

"W-what y-you c-cooking, good l-looking?" I laughed as aunt Carrie answered.

"Some Indian dish, I found in this great coo-"

She turned her attention towards me with her mouth wide open as I ran a hand through my hair and laughed nervously.

She squealed louder than a baby as she flew onto me with her hands around my neck and her legs wrapped around my waist.

And to think that she's a grown woman.

I laughed as I felt my neck getting wet, this woman cries a hell lot.

"I missed talking... to you." Aunt Carrie sniffed as she rubbed her eyes with her hand and I chuckled throatily.

"Me t-too. N-now get o-off of me w-woman. You're heavy." I complained as she giggled before getting off of me but still keeping me in her embrace.

I wrapped my hands around her waist as I sighed with content and happiness.

I don't know why but this certain girl comes into my life and she's got me opening up to people so fast.

After a moment of silent hugging and crying of aunt Carrie, she let me go and looked at me with her teary eyes.

"Go change, tonight I'm not letting you sleep. We're gonna talk all night long." She smirked with her teary eyes and I groaned while she giggled.

I playfully glared at her before I made my way to my room with Claire swirling around my head. I smiled to myself as I remembered her smirking face.

Look at me, now I'm even smiling to myself.

I shook my head and went to my closet for a change of clothes.

A Beep came from my phone as I took it out of my jeans' pocket.

Take me out on a date and make it as romantic as possible, my hero. ;) – Claire

I smiled as I read the text before typing a reply.

If you keep bossing me around, I might change my mind. ; P – Hayden

Throwing the phone onto my bed, I went into the bathroom for a quick shower.

After a quick and soothing shower, I exited the bathroom with a towel over my head. I looked at my phone to see that I was getting a call from someone.

I picked it up and answered the call without even looking at who was calling me.

"Hello, Hayden?"

"Y-Yeah?"

"Where were you?" I took the phone away from my ear and looked at the caller ID before smirking.

"Why Y-you a-asking?'

"You didn't reply to my text so I called you eight times but you didn't pick up so I got worried." I heard the worry in her voice with a hint of embarrassment.

"Someone's b-being c-clingy." I sang but it got ruined by my stuttering and I even heard Claire laugh from the phone.

I smiled and silently listened to Claire's melodic laugh.

"You're so cute." I heard her say and my cheeks turned a bit pink.

"No, y-you're more c-cuter."

"Now, about that date?" She giggled as I groaned. I got out of my room when I heard aunt Carrie yell about dinner.

"I don't k-know how t-to p-plan a date." I whined and heard yet another laugh from the girl on the other side of the phone.

"I-I'm seriously h-hanging up i-if you k-keep laughing at m-me." I complained and the line went silent for a while.

"I Love you." I felt butterflies fill up my stomach as I smiled widely.

"I love you more." I heard a laugh from the phone and I smiled.

"You didn't stutter."

"I-I'm getting a-a bit used t-to talking now." I said with a smile as I began to walk down the stairs with the phone still pressed to my ear.

"And I'm getting used to hearing you talk."

"Now i-if your h-Highness allows m-me, can I g-go eat d-dinner?" I laughed when I heard her groan and I could just imagine her pouting. I walked into the dining room and saw aunt Carrie sitting at the table, maybe waiting for me.

"B-bye, Claire." I spoke into the phone as I saw aunt Carrie look at me intently with an eyebrow raised.

"My name sounds so good coming from you."

"I'm gonna h-hang up n-now." I spoke quickly as I turned my back towards aunt Carrie, who was smirking.

"No, I love you?" I heard Claire whine.

"I love you. Now, b-bye." I spoke in a whisper and I heard aunt Carrie laugh from behind me making me groan.

"Is there a girl with you?"

"What?"

"I heard a girl's laugh." Claire spoke and I could hear the jealousy laced in her voice making me smile.

"Put her on speaker." Aunt Carrie spoke, while I shook my head in horror. Aunt Carrie smirked as I looked at her with squinted eyes with faint hellos coming from the phone. I was late to know what would happen as aunt Carrie snatched the phone from my hands and was now putting it on speaker.

"Hello, Hayden? Are you still there?"

Claire's voice filled the dining room as I tried miserably to get my phone back.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" Aunt Carrie said imitating the voice of a cringey teenager. I groaned as I face palmed myself.

"I should be asking the exact same question to you." Jealousy was quite evident on Claire's tone of voice.

"I'm Hay's girlfriend." Aunt Carrie said with a teenager-ish voice and I almost gagged.

"Excuse me, but she doesn't have a girlfriend."

"You're excused but she does."

"She's l-lying, Claire." I spoke loudly so that Claire would hear me.

"She loves me and I'm gonna be her only girlfriend so you better stop your claims of being Hayden's girlfriend."

Aunt Carrie looked at me with a look I didn't recognize and I found my phone back in my hands. She hung up on Claire and was now in front of me with her arms crossed in front of her.

"You've got some explaining to do?"

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.
-Dr. Seuss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 59.7K 52
Hayden knew when she came out, eveything would change she didn't expect to be pinned against the wall with someone's lips on hers in a conversion cam...
891 41 10
Sometimes accidents can turn into something beautiful. Danielle's last year of high school and she wants to go all out! What to do when you're a youn...
416K 13.6K 102
A car accident started it all. Being pushed away Smart remarks And overall memory lost!! *Amari* How can she not, we are in love, the feelings, the...