The Chase. ( REVISING)(Urban)

By Jaee_101

Zaria is young girl with big dreams. Beginning her senior year in high school, she has to balance graduation... More

Cast Call.
My Typical Morning
The Day Goes On.
The Day Goes On Pt.2
"Relationship Status" P.1
Meet up.
Relationship Status Pt.2
Relationship Status Pt.3
FML
After The Fact .
After School Ends
Where Did You Come from? (Just Dewayne's Pov)
Friends Pt. I
Friends (Part II)
New Beginning
Fired?
It's Over
It's Over (Part II)
The Name Game.
Run Away .
Run Away Pt.II
F.R.I.E.N.D.S
A Small Piece Of Rebellion
Z's Rebellion
Fairy Godmother.
Suspicious Behavior
Making It Official Pt.1
Strike One
Suspicions
I Got Chu
Reunited (Making It Official Pt2)
Mall and Chill (Dewayne's Pov)
A New Outlook
Click Out
Caught
The Invite
Dinner?
Crunch Time
Busted
What Happens now?
Reconcile
The Dilemma.
First Day on the Job
Ugly Truths.
A/N (Not an Update)
Business And Such.
Date Night Pt.I
Startin Somethin' (Date Night Part II)
Before I Release This New Update..
Old Ties, Chilling Reconnections
Old Ties, Chilling Reconnections (Part II)
Guess Who? (Pt I)
Guess Who (Part II)
Conclusion to the Beginning.
Conclusion to the Beginning Pt.II
A Slight Shift
Trying Again
Trying Again Pt. II
Let's Go
Old Memories Equals New Ideas
The Start of Big Things
Start of Big Things Pt.2
Catch up
Catch Up Pt.2
Game Day
I'm Glad You Came
Whoa.
Calculations Pt.2
NEW NEW (A/N)
Out My House!
I'm Right Here
The Day Off Pt. 1
Meanwhile...
A Simple Conversation
What Goes Around...On the Other Side
Pressed
So About Tonight...
The Preparation
Something About The Night (Pt.1)
A/N & Face Reveal
Something About The Night (Pt.2)
Back to the Norm

Calculations

36.2K 1.5K 501
By Jaee_101

Dear Reader,

So here are my thoughts , bear with me for a second .

So, I recently read through the comments and I was dying laughing because half of the things were exactly what I expected them to be. Everyone was like "Bihh -_- the hell you running for?"

But you have to understand something , the fact she is scared, so scared of being in any sort of relationship. She did try once with a boy that her sister Mikeyla later stole from her. So unfortunately it kind of scarred her, in the long run . Think of it like this women are very emotional creatures , whether we come out and say it or not. And most of the time your first love can kind of imprint your memory forever, and can unintentionally affect who you choose to spend to spend time with in the future . And let's notice her self- confidence when it comes down to her personally is almost completely shattered. She has been emotionally put down by her own biological mother someone who is not even making an attempt to care for and motivate her own child.  Sad really. 

But the ever worse part of it is I have seen this happen somewhat in real life and know there is such a thing as being emotionally in pain. But what is the key to the growth of the plot as well as the characters in this book, pain can lead to purpose. And strengthen you in the long run.

So I would not necessarily call her dumb. She is just insecure and navie which can be products of having been put down for so long, this period is for her to reestablished as an individual. So she is going to act irrationally at times but she isn't used to. But don't lose hope as we can see she is starting to flourish and soon she will come into her own.  

And as far as her relationship with Dewayne. You will see how far communication and mutual respect from someone you love. As far as Dewayne getting "tired of waiting" yes in life that is a possibility but this isn't the case.  It all goes back to the title "The Chase". I have come to notice men are prideful . And whether they are the guy that has it all together or you dopeboy, if they want something and their mind is set on it they will go for it. And depending on how bad, they want it do anything to get it. This can also apply to a female they want for themselves. So he has already said previously he would take on the challenge of making her feel wanted and loved. All things great are worth waiting on ...

Don't worry the plot will lace together in due time. ;)

Okay , okay let me stop. Shout out to those folks who actually took time to read my thoughts, I hope they made sense. Give me feedback , so I know you weren't completely confused. I appreciate you for reading this book, and hope you have a blessed day.

Sincerely ,

Skylarrj

A different , old soul, of Nigerian descent 

____________

But back to the book.

_____________________________________

Zaria's Pov

I took a deep breath and decided I was going to just tell her what was up, because there is no way you lie to Stacey or Tracey like no way at all.

"Mhm get to spilling honey, I seen how Dewayne whisked you off. " Candy said while sipping her sprite turning around in her seat as Stace drove.  

I felt myself blush as I finally decided to speak. " Well we were just walking around and talking. " I began slowly. 

Once we got to red light Stace turned around and gave me a look. "Mhm y'all have been hanging out quite a lot lately. Isn't that convenient ?" She said smirking.

"Mhm. Let's not forget how y'all always sit together in lunch . Looks like a little something more than friends." Candy said smirking, and wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Well we are friends though." I said truthfully , like there were no titles , whatsoever.

Stace straight faced me but began driving again . 

Maybe if it stays quiet for long enough I can they will drop the subject...

"Don't play, with me Zbear. I know your ass is holding out. That our we gon ask Dewayne ourselves I know his ass won't hold back the tea." Stace said, focusing on the road but not before , giving me a warning glare.

Welp here goes nothing. "..Dewaynekissedme. " I rushed out quickly .

"Come again say what?" Candy said puzzled.

"Dewaynekissedme." I repeated quickly.

"I'm sorry what?" Stace said 

(Lmao y'all seen that movie School Dance with Kevin Hart AKA OG lil pretty thug.)

" I said," I began while huffing, "Dewaynekissedme." I rushed out the last damn part so quick I had make sure I said everything right.

"HE WHAT?!" Stace and Candy said with wide eyes.

I felt a blush creep up on my face all over again , damn it.

"OOOOOOOHHH  BITCH!" Stace said getting hype and dancing around in my seat.

Oh so fuck my life huh? Like girl you driving you gon mess around and get us killed. 

"Aye bro watch the rode." I said 

"I got this, youngin. And watch how you speaking you could have walked." She said smacking her lips."But don't even try to change the subject, though. I knew it was gon happen I should have bet money on it!"

"Yass bitch get yo man!" Candy said cheesing extra hard.

"Quick question. If y'all kissed the fuck you was running to the car for? Why y'all ain't ride together so y'all could get that one on one time ."

"Well." I began I got into basically told them about how it happened, from how it occurred to me running away.

By the end it got super quiet. Uh oh. 

"I OUTTA POP YOU IN DA DAMN FACE." Stace said looking at me shock, "WHAT YOU RUN AWAY FOR?

"Bih." Candy said looking at me with a straight face, "Okay help me if I'm wrong. The boy you have been drooling over, especially at the game , kissed you like foreal kissed you and you pushed him away and ran, because you really as though you weren't good enough ? Oh my gahwd. "

I opened my mouth to respond, but was cut off by Stace.

"I hope you know he doesn't believe this persona you're putting on saying you aren't interested , you gave yourself away when you actually responded to the kiss. He knows that you like him and is going to use that to his advantage. But they may not be a bad thing, I mean him kissing you is a sign of him liking you, as well as it proving everything we have been telling you. " she said casually .

I let what she said sink in, damn it I knew I slipped up , this is going to make things more complicated. 

"It will all be easier if you learn not to deny your feelings. You liked the kiss I know that based on how you just explained the story but you won't admit it to yourself. It's okay to like him Zbear. And they more you fight your emotions for him, the more strain it will put on you. But he doesn't give up easily, so if you think you can honestly get him to think differently then good luck. " Candy said smiling, "But trust me you gonna have to  face him again and I wouldn't be surprised if there is another kiss, sooo you gottaa stay readddy . She ended the last part singing Jhene Aiko's song "Stay Ready."

I don't know if I'll able to live with another one of those . 

"I guarantee by the time we graduate y'all gone be a couple. And I can't wait.! " Stacey said smiling just as we pulled up to my car.

"I don't know about all that." I said after a while, thinking about the mind chew out my friends gave me.

You gotta love em, though.

"Well it's been real but I gotta head home and hit this homework. " I said quickly gettting out before they got on my ass again . " I love y'all."

I opened the door.

"I see you tryna speed up but it's cool this ain'tover I am never letting it go. I love you too though." Stacey said with a glint in here eye.

'Love ya too. Mhm you ain't slick. But go head wit you little boyfriend.!" Candy said smiling at the end .

I flipped her off she laughed. "Nah I think Wayne got all that handled. " she winked at me, making me close the door with a straight face.

Shaking my head I walked to my car and got in. Once I started up the engine they honked one last time before moving towards the exit. Stace says she does it so no one gets hurt, and she won't have to go to jail.

As I backed out of the parking space I decided to put play a playlist on my way back home.

The beat the song came in and I lowkey got hype.

  [Intro: Young Thug]
I know all my whips are foreign, I know all your bitches boring
I know I gained me some weight when I was tourin'
Fresh and clean like a new born, I wet that bitch and then wet yours
I ride that bitch with no insurance, what you tell 'em Thugger?

[Hook: Young Thug]
Pull up on a kid, pull up on a kid
Pull up on a kid, baby pull up on a kid
Pull up on a kid
Pull up on a kid
You need to pull up a on kid, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

[Verse 1: Young Thug]
(YSL, Thugger, Thugger, baby)
Ooh she bad, damn she bad, yeah she bad, yeah
Michael Jackson, Freddy Jackson check my jacket, yeah
Balmain jeans, extended tee, that my swag, yeah
Bad bitch, know I'm loaded, so they taxing, yeah
Write it off, hold it, make her come back like she owe me
She know it, I tapped on that ass and she turn around and show it
Oh lord, moved out of Miami now she think she's Zoeing
They know it, they tall and they short
Fresh as a peppermint, threesome like sandwiches
Almost couldn't handle it, I don't establish it
Popping these Xannies and Percs, I'm dranking that lean and I'm smoking that good
Told that little bitch I want to see her topless just like a hood

[Hook: Young Thug]
Pull up on a kid, pull up on a kid
Pull up on a kid, baby pull up on a kid
Pull up on a kid
Pull up on a kid
You need to pull up a on kid, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

[Verse 2: Yak Gotti]
I'm back, where I motherfucking left that
Minor setback for a major fucking comeback
Wrap the fucking show, rock and roll this a death trap
Playing with my slimes, you won't make it out the exit
Mr. Brazy ho, Mr. Brazy ho
Anybody get it, enie-meenie-mo'
I'm the same nigga used to pull up on the mail truck
If you ask me, it feel good

[Hook: Young Thug]
Pull up on a kid, pull up on a kid
Pull up on a kid, baby pull up on a kid
Pull up on a kid
Pull up on a kid
You need to pull up a on kid, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Just as I had recovered the song that just played the song switched to another a song and I knew I was about to get rachet. As soon as they said rich gang I lost it !

At first when I listened to it I didn't want to like it, but it grew on me. Like foreal. "Imma Ride " By Rich Gang blasted through my speakers.

[Hook - Young Thug:]

Woo! Know what I'm sayin'?
(Lil' whoadie 'bout that action)
Get money, fuck hoes
(Lil' whoadie 'bout that action)
Action, cash
(Lil' whoadie 'bout that action)
Nigga playin' with my whoadie, I'ma ride
She say that that pussy wet so I'ma slide
She pull up and fuck the crew like she connivin'
Hey, Imma cum all over her body

[Birdman:]
Hopped out the passenger side with my strap
From 50 to 100, we movin' and serve that
We shinin' every summer, spend numbers and bounce back
Lil' whoadie 'bout that action, we pull up, it's 'bout that
When I came 'round, I put it down, on front line, I did mine
Hustle life, we built this, had a block bumpin' like a second line
Cut niggas, them crunch niggas, them projects where cut, nigga
Play around, you get cut, nigga, get pulled down, I won't cut, nigga
No lames
Born rich and dangerous
High life and famous
Big MACs and them straps, nigga
Play around and get slashed, nigga

[Hook]

[Yung Ralph:]
'73 Chevelle, put that shit together
Married to the money, yeah we live together
Love my F&N but still keep that Beretta
Made it to the top and I ain't use a ladder
Ran up a check, ran up a check (cash)
Pass that shit around, then I go collect
Made it out the hood, now I'm on TV
Posted with Young Thugger, sippin' GTV, vodka
Smokin' on the headband, nigga, I'm a stoner
Went from hangin' on the corner to hangin' with owners
Yeah, it's the Juugman for niggas who don't know me
I just did a feature, went and copped a Rollie

[Hook]

[Young Thug:]
(Yapper) Aye man, we really, we really haven't, a lot already around the spot, you know what I'm sayin'?
Niggas down there, cause they, that's my blood, that's my slime fool. Fuck you mean?

[Young Thug:]
NASCAR speed on 'em
I got bitches in the spot callin' me big homie
I'm bouncin' like a trampoline, homie
So in love with this cash, all my shows have the cream, homie
I'm bangin' red like strawberries
I told your bitch ain't goin' steady
My weed is loud and you smokin' libraries
I got a thing for that fetti
All my diamonds green like lettuce
And what you worth to me? Petty
Let's get it  ...

Why this the only track that I really like bobbed my when Birdman was rapping ? 

What ever it isn't my business.

Shaking my head I continued driving . But for whatever reason I'm had a weird feeling about going home, I can't place why I am so uneasy but I am. I may be tripping so I just pushed the thought out of my head. 

_________________________________

But little did she know, mwhahahahaaaa ;3 

lol sorry for the delay I lowky had a bit of authors block and it didn't help I had my birthday, I was really author's blocked . But be sure to read, write, vote and comment, I love y'all

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 531 19
(𝘯.) 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶; 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭 LUVVMARIEE PRODUCTIONS
119K 3.6K 33
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 -- 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝘀𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗹𝘆 𝗯𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗯𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵�...
257 14 9
Senior Year is the hardest. Yet, when that time comes around, everyone is beyond excited to leave behind their life of drama! But no one is more thri...
1.1K 133 42
It was a difficult battle for a teenage girl, overwhelmed with adrenaline, to reconcile what she knew with what she felt. Sixteen-year-old Zaelia Age...