The First Month of September

By ParadiseValley

Part 1 of the This Is What You Wanted Saga: When Isaac Baldwin moves to Maine during his junior year he didn'... More

August, Prologue
Saturday Sept. 1st: I'm About To Lose My Mind
Sunday Sept. 2nd: I'll Do Whatever It Takes
Monday, Sept. 3rd: Carry On My Own Life
Tuesday Sept. 4th: You're On My Mind You're In My Heart
Wednesday Sept. 5th: If You Ask Me How I'm Doing
Thursday Sept. 6th: Some Choose To Shout When They Speak
Friday Sept. 7th: A New Day Is Coming
Saturday Sept. 8th: Learn From My Mistakes
Just a note...
Saturday, Sept. 8th: Learn From My Mistakes (Part 2)
Sunday Sept. 9th: I Would Lie & Say That You're Not On My Mind
Tuesday Sept. 11th: I'm Waking Up I Feel It In My Bones
Wednesday Sept. 12th: Ever Imagine A Heart Open & Free?
Thursday Sept. 13th: Dreaming With A Broken Heart
Friday Sept. 14th: I'm Living On Such Sweet Nothing
Saturday Sept. 15th: In My Dreams It's Me & You
Sunday Sept. 16th: Careful Where You Stand
Monday Sept. 17th: Born In This World As It All Falls Apart
Tuesday Sept. 18th: I Want To Fly Can You Take Me Far Away
Wednesday Sept. 19: I Guess It Is What It Is
Thursday Sept. 20th: Sooner Than Later I Need a Savior
Friday Sept. 21st: I'll Be There When You Call
Saturday, Sept. 22nd: Keep Your Heart In The Sky
Sunday, Sept. 23rd: It's The Worst Damn Day Of My Life
Monday Sept. 24th: New York State of Mind
Tuesday Sept. 25th: It's A Circle I Mean Cycle
Wednesday Sept. 26th: For You I'd Bleed Myself Dry
Thursday Sept. 27th: This World Is Just an Idiots Parade
Friday Sept. 28th: Hey Little Train We're Jumping On
Saturday Sept. 29th: Tap On My Window Knock On My Door
Sunday Sept. 30th: I've Been Up In The Air

Monday Sept. 10th: Until I Make It Home To You

161 6 0
By ParadiseValley

So... yeah. I'm going to be gone again for the holidays until Saturday so I hope you all enjoy this... I don't really know what to say. Mr. Reed is in the Multimedia.

Title: MIA- Avenged Sevenfold

(Penner's P.O.V)

"Did you tell Jason you weren't interested anymore?" Rebekah asked the moment I walked into kitchen.

"You know instead of meddling in my personal life it might be a good idea to get one of your own." I opened the refrigerator door and took a sip right out of the juice carton.

"This isn't your road trip, bachelor pad life anymore we all have to drink from that."

"Yeah, but this is my house which you don't seem to be leaving." I said, making her slap my arm, causing me to almost spit out the juice in my mouth. "What the hell, when did you get a new tattoo?" She said grabbing onto my left forearm to look at my newly changed skin pigment.

"A couple days ago."

"Where?" She breathed.

"Gavin did it down at The Rat for free, well as long as I agreed to do some kind of gig there one night."

"Were you ever going to tell me that you got the All Seeing Eye on your arm?"

"I mean it's not my fault you're blind." I mumbled looking down at the ink. It looked exactly like it did on the back of the dollar bill, except around the three sides a word covered each edge, 'We See All' in Russian.

"How many do you have now?"

"I think 11, maybe 12."

"Do you have any idea about what the press is going to say about this? They're going to think you're obsessed with the Illuminati or something!"

"Have I ever given a damn what they say about me?"

"You did when they talked about you and Tyson," I licked my lips while trying to keep myself from lashing out at her. "Sorry I shouldn't have brought that up. I know that's why you drove mom and dad away, because you thought they were on his side."

"How did you know that's what me and Jason were talking about?" I breathed changing the topic of the conversation.

"Believe me I know about these things," I snorted. "Did you happen to forget about my relationship past?" She snapped.

"Nope, but I didn't haven't talked to him about it yet. I'm meeting up with him later after school to tell him I just want to be friends. The reason I didn't tell him last night was because I knew you would want to get involved."

"If I was going to get involved I would set you up with Isaac. I hope he likes tattoos!" She joked. Her comment got me wondering if he would have a problem with me having as many tattoos as I did. I mean it's not like they were on his body or anything, so what was there to hate?

"You better not get involved with that either," I warned. "I know what I'm doing."

"Oh you do?"

"Yes as a matter of fact I do," She squinted her eyes. "I asked Isaac to the historical society party on Saturday." I admitted. That felt like a load off my chest telling Rebekah about that.

"You're telling me you actually asked him out?" She questioned, her jaw seemed to touch the floor.

"Just as friends." I mumbled.

"Oh please that's what everyone says before someone catches you making out behind the dead plant in the corner of the room."

"I want to be more, but he doesn't."

"And you know that how?

"Well-."

"He wouldn't have gone through all that trouble last week to just 'hang out'." She interrupted.

"He'll go if it's just as friends and nothing more."

"You know that mom and dad are going to be there right?"

"Yeah I know." I sighed. I avoided the both of them so far and I was hoping it would've lasted longer than two weeks. But I'm not bailing out on Isaac because of some stupid family feud.

"It wouldn't be a bad time to talk to them about the dinner you owe me." She squeezed into the conversation.

"If I'm doing this stupid dinner then you have to ask, I'm not doing it."

"You are in my debt Baby Penn. This family has to make amends before it gets blown to shit more than it already has."

"I mean since they are going to be there and I'm going to be there, it's like we'll having dinner together so there you go. I am officially debt free." I smiled.

"Nice try." She grinned while patting my arm.

"I'm going to be late for school." I announced when the clock chimed at 7:30AM.

"What's the hurry for? You don't have a first hour class."

"I have a new history teacher and I got a note on Friday saying that he wanted to talk to me before classes started." I said, fixing my hair slightly in the mirror by the door.

"Then you better get going, but just know that we're not done talking about this."

"I can't wait!" I yelled out sarcastically, grabbing my sunglasses from the end table and walking out the door.

(Isaac's P.O.V)

"Nixon what are you doing in there we're going to be late!" I yelled through the bathroom door after I just finished constantly knocking.

"Didn't your brother tell you?" My dad asked.

"What do you mean?"

"He said he doesn't need a ride from you anymore, that he's getting a ride from a friend at school."

"That would've been nice to know! You made me stand here for a good ten minutes yelling at nothing!"

"Hey don't blame me." I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. This was so Nixon, trying to ruin my day before it even began. This is how he's getting back at me for what happened yesterday.

"What are you still doing here?" I asked my dad.

"I only have one meeting at 11AM, but there is a town meeting down at civil hall and Jackson asked me to be there."

"Who's Jackson?" I questioned.

"It's Mayor Barker to you," He smiled. "Don't you have school to be getting to?" I nodded, grabbing my book bag.

Walking down the path from the front door to the driveway there was always that one stone that was a little higher than the others. And I always tripped on it. I managed to keep my balance, but I dropped my keys in the process. I picked my head up after grabbing the pile metal off the ground and I recognized the car that drove by. It was the car from Russia.

(Penner's P.O.V)

"Hey Mr. Reed, I'm Penner Watson," I cleared my throat. "You wanted to see me?"

"You know that your old teacher had a jackass file?" I tried to hide the smile on my face by biting my bottom lip. Obviously he was going to be a good teacher if he didn't have a problem swearing in front of his students. "No joke, it's typed on a label." He said holding it out for me to take. I gently took it out of his hands and skimmed through the folder with the names of people that my past teacher hated.

"It has all the 'troublemakers' in it but really it's just an opus- to you," I handed him back the file. "Don't worry about it," He smiled, throwing it in the trashcan on the side of his desk. "I'm not her so you have a clean slate. Now let's talk about grades."

I was stunned with how calm he was being about this, Ms. Davis who was 60- something years old would probably die alone with 19 cats at her bedside, preaching to them about all of the pointless history you taught her students the past 40 years.

But Mr. Reed looked about Rebekah's age, no more than 27, had a nicely sculpted jaw with a little stubble on his face. His eyes were gentle, but almost made you think that they could control you.

"I know it's been rough this past week, but I've been trying to get back into the idea of being at school." I explained.

"Yeah, I see that but now this is the part where you say to me 'what can I do to change that,'" He calmly stared at me and when I opened my mouth to ask him what I could do he spoke instead. "Well I'm glad you asked. How do you feel about extra credit?" he questioned digging around in his bag, pulling out a breakfast burrito and putting his feet up on his desk.

"Yeah, yeah totally."

"Good write me a paper then."

"Okay," I paused. "About what?

"History," He said taking a bite of his food. "Pick a topic, but keep it local and none of that Wikipedia crap. These old towns have a rich history so just get your hands dirty, make it sing and we'll get you back on track, deal?"

"Yeah, deal."

"You got a week."

"Actually Mr. Reed," I said from the door. "I don't want special treatment for-."

"What special treatment?" He winked, continuing to eat his food.

Now I was confused. Did that mean he was giving me special treatment for being who I am or did that mean he didn't care who I was, that I was just another student in his eyes?

"I'll see you 6th hour, Mr. Reed."

"Goodbye, Mr. Watson."

Outside of Mr. Reed's class stood Carly and Maddie who I assumed to be gossiping by the quality of their conversation.

"Major lack of male real estate. Look at the shower curtain on Olivia Higgins," Carly said, pointing at the girl who walked by the two of them. "She looks like a hot- can I still say 'tranny mess'?"

"No, that's over."

"Ah, find a man, coin a phrase. It's a busy year." Lucas turned around the corner and smiled when he saw me so I knew he was going to come and talk to me.

"He hates me." Maddie piped up. Instantly I knew she was talking about Lucas because what other guy could she be talking about?

"That's not hate," Carly started. "That's 'you rejected me, but I'm too cool to show it, but secretly I'm listening to Air Supply's greatest hits'."

When I thought that Lucas was going to stop and chat with me, he kept on walking down the hall and into a classroom. I left and started walking around the school, probably five times before the first bell rang for the day to begin. I was hoping I'd catch Isaac in the hallway, or anyone I knew, that way I wouldn't look like a hopeless loser. But no matter who I was with I still got stared at, usually by the young freshman girls, and occasionally some boys.

"Hey babe," Jason said running his hand down my arm as he walked past me. "We're still on for after school right?" He asked looking at me, but I just simply nodded at him and carried on down the hall to the library to wait before my classes actually started.

I didn't want to give him the idea that I was leading him on, and it's not like he isn't a good guy but I can't get Isaac out of my mind. My phone buzzed in my pocket and the name 'Boone' was lighting up on my screen.

"What?" I snapped.

"Is that anyway to greet your best friend?" Boone joked.

"Sorry," I sighed. "There's just a lot of stupid stuff going on, more stupid than usual."

"You can always come stay with me! I'm lonely now and all I have are my parents."

"Eh, I'd rather stay here." I admitted, Isaac coming to my mind.

"Oh is this because of your new found love for your boy toy?"

"Will you stop calling him that, he's not a boy toy."

"Hush you know I'm just having fun, besides I have news for you." I groaned.

"Not bad news I hope."

"It depends on how you define 'bad news'."

"Can you just tell me already?" I asked becoming impatient with him.

"Well the bosses made up their mind about the whole meeting thing," I sighed waiting for him to continue. "Every month while we're on break we have to go to New York from the 24th thru the 29th."

"We as in? Who?"

"Me, you, Rico and Zander are mandatory. But they are letting us bring girlfriends and stuff like that."

"At least you won't be without Elsie." I reminded.

"That's if she'll come." He murmured.

"What do you mean?"

"A couple nights ago we were going to have a Skype date like we do every Saturday." He paused. "And I kinda went out with some of my old friends from school and they wanted to party-."

"You didn't."

"I forgot all about it and when she called later that night to ask what happened I was completely shitfaced and now I can't get her to talk to me-I've ruined everything. How could I do that to her?"

"You need to beg for her forgiveness, I mean you need to do it every second of every day if you want to get her back," I sighed. "Don't you remember how hard it was for you to get her in the first place-."

"Okay, okay you're making me feel worse than I did." He interrupted.

"Sorry, but do you know if anyone else is coming?"

"Zander is bringing Meena, Rico is bringing Carmen and Dimitry is coming for-."

"Whoa are you serious Dimitry is coming over from Moscow just for this?"

"Well if you would let me finish instead of freaking out, I was going to say he's coming over to see about helping out students at Duke learn Russian."

"I'm so excited to see him, it's been almost a year since I've been to Russia."

I asked Boone if he wouldn't mind talking on the phone with me for another 30 minutes before I had to go to class. I would much rather look like I had a personal life then have my head buried in a book.

After about ten minutes of pointless chatter between the both of us I remembered that I had to summarize chapter four of The Great Gatsby and I completely forgot to read it. I quickly explained why I had to hang up on him and I went to the back of the library to sit at an empty table alone. I began skimming through the pages to find important details that would make it seem like I did my homework.

"Do my eyes deceive me?" A familiar voice said from behind me.

"What are you doing in here, shouldn't you be in class?" I whispered.

"I am in class," Isaac said pointing over to Mr. Taylor, trying to get control over his loud group of students. I nodded in acknowledgement and turned back to the book, but that was before Isaac put his chin on my shoulder. "You didn't read did you?" He muttered softly.

"Is it that obvious?" I wondered out loud.

"Well with the scribbled hand writing and that worried look on your face I would say yes, it is obvious." He remarked, sitting down in the chair next to me and pulling out a piece of paper.

"You're letting me cheat?" I asked gazing at Isaac's finished chapter four summary. He put his finger up to his lips to indicate me to keep it a secret.

"See you at lunch." He patted my hand and rejoined his class, but I didn't feel guilty staring at his backside as he walked away.

(Isaac's P.O.V)

While changing into my gym clothes Nixon walked into the locker room, giving me a nasty glare all the way to his gym locker.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were getting a ride from someone else?" I asked, throwing my shirt over my head.

"I didn't realize I had to clear it with you first."

"That's not the point," I took a deep breath in trying to keep my control. "The whole idea of communication is so that, that certain person doesn't get left banging on the bathroom door for ten minutes-."

"Are you talking about yourself here?" He interrupted.

"Can you just listen to what I'm saying and stop being such a dick all the time."

"Me? Being the dick? Are you hearing yourself right now?" He scoffed, throwing down the shirt in his hands.

"What about me?" I tried calming down the situation when I saw that the other boys in the room were starting to stare at the pair of us.

"You're always trying to take control and make things happen the way you want them to," He snapped. "Just let things go and let me do what I want." He said slamming his locker shut and leaving the room.

I took in a deep breath before a head poked around the lockers. "Damn, that was heated." Lucas said.

"Not now Lucas."

(TIME PASS)

"You know I saw you driving to school today." I said taking a bite of my taco.

"Is that so?" I nodded.

"Yeah you were driving down my street, but the only reason I knew it was you because of your Russian imported car." I joked.

"You know I can give you a ride to school if you want, you know now that you don't have to take Nixon anymore."

"How do you know-."

"Lucas."

"Why shouldn't I be surprised?" I sighed.

"I'm really sorry that you're fighting with your brother."

"Eh, it's no big deal." I spoke truthfully.

"It's not?" I shook my head, biting my lip.

"It's honestly no trouble if you want a ride because I would love to spend more time with you than I already do."

"That would make me really happy." I smiled.

(TIME PASS)

(Penner's P.O.V)

It was around four in the afternoon when I told Jason I was going to meet with him. Luckily Isaac had no idea about this meeting, that way he wouldn't assume anything was going on between the two of us.

"I'm meeting Jason at the diner." I announced to Rebekah who was lounging on the couch watching re-runs of Seinfeld.

"Good luck with that," She joked. "Wait, I got this. Don't stay out late, it's a school night." She tried giving me a parental look.

"Well done, Beks," I laughed turning to open the door. "Oh." I gasped when a saw a body standing on the porch.

"Sorry, I was going to knock." Isaac said giving me a sweet smile.

"No I should be sorry," I sighed. Oh how much I would rather stay here than go talk with Jason. "I can't stay I'm meeting Jason." I mumbled slowly.

"Actually I came to see Rebekah." I felt like those words were a bit harsh considering he was just here for my sister and not for me.

"Oh well," I said poking my head into the living room. "She's just inside, you can come on in." I said pointing in her direction.

He slipped past me and into the living room to sit next to Rebekah. When he caught me staring at the sight he simply said "Don't let me stop you from your evening of fun." Before I turned and left to go to the diner.

(Hannah's P.O.V)

Crystal finally got back from visiting her dad and I wanted to introduce Nixon to my best friend. We all agreed to meet at the diner because it was a popular hangout spot in Camden.

"Hey Gray." I said when he was behind the counter grabbing the tray of food to serve to hungry customers.

"Working." He snapped walking past me to some group of middle school girls. I found Crystal sitting in a booth waiting for me to join her, but as soon as I did Grayson came by with some menus.

"Thanks, Grayson." Crystal said.

"Do you need another refill?" He asked, a tad bit of flirt coming out of his voice.

"I'd love one." She said winking at him. Out of the corner of my eye I saw my brother sitting with Morgan who was staring at us. A few words were exchanged between the two before Morgan came over.

"Please tell me you're not hooking up with my brother." She barked at Crystal.

"I'm not hooking up with your brother." She said flatly.

"You're such a little brat." Morgan said leaving the restaurant with Jai following after her.

"Hey, you made it."

"Yeah I made it." Nixon said sitting down next to me in the booth.

"Crystal this is Nixon, the one I've been telling you about."

"Nice to meet you." He smiled to her.

"Hi, Hannah has told me so much about you."

"Oh? Well I've never seen you around school before."

"She and her brother Dean go to Texas every summer to spend time with their dad." I explained.

"So, you were born in Nebraska I take it?" Crystal asked making conversation.

"No actually I was born in New Mexico, but I moved when I was still young."

"Any siblings?" She questioned as Grayson came back with her drink.

"None that I talk to."

"Of course you do," I said elbowing him in the ribs. "He has two brothers and a sister."

"Older brothers I hope." A smile came across her face.

"Just one, but don't get your hopes up."

"Why not?"

"He's not interested in girls." He clarified.

"Isn't that how it always is? The good ones are either gay or taken, it's a shame," She took a sip of her newly filled drink before almost choking on it. "You didn't tell me Penner was back."

(Penner's P.O.V)

"Hey." I offered as Jason sat across from me.

"We should talk." He blurted out.

"Yeah, we should," I took a deep breath. "Listen, I've been thinking about it and we can't go there, Jason."

"Is it because of Isaac?"

"I can't really say-." Obviously it was because of Isaac, I mean what else would it be about?

"Fine." He mumbled.

"Is something the matter?" I asked.

"I don't understand you, Penner."

"Why I'm not that confusing of a person am I?"

"I don't know." He whispered and before I knew it he was grabbing the back of my head and yanking my face down for a nearly bruising kiss.

I pulled back instantly, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. "You can't do that." I said trying to keep my temper.

"Penner," Isaac cleared his throat from behind me. "You got a second?

"Hey, Isaac." Jason said calmly.

"Yeah, sure."

"I'll see you later Penner." Jason said getting up and leaving.

"That was nothing, okay," I tried to explain, but he just sat there and nodded his head at me. "There is nothing going on between Jason and I, we were just talking."

"I believe you. Look, Penn you're a lot a things but you're not a liar," I looked down at the table. "You've always been straight with me, so I believe you."

"Well, good." I said picking my head up.

"And that's why I want to be straight with you because I- I think we got some wires crossed here."

"Oh, okay."

"And you should know by now how tongue tied I get and I don't like this. Whatever this is that's going on between us and I-I just want to make things better-."

"You can't."

"Why?" He asked taking my hand in his. I can't believe what was happening, it's like my dreams were coming true. But why was I saying no? Because I know Rebekah had something to do with this and I want whatever is going to happen between me and Isaac to be real. I don't want anyone else to have a say in how this all gets played out.

"That's just-."

"But Penn-." He tried to argue.

"Not yet Izzy, okay?" He smiled gently at me before I stood up to go home, "What time should I pick you up tomorrow?"

"Does 7:30AM work?"

"7:30AM it is then," I smiled. "Have a great night Izzy."

I deleted it because it was being weird on the mobile app so I re uploaded it hoping that I fixed it... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm if you love this story so much go follow me that way you can get emails as soon as I update! Isn't that just the cooliest thing evahsss??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 821 26
[BXB] Romeo, exhausted by his apathetic relationships, is desperate to prove to himself that he can find love. Rodney, reckless and exciting, is unl...
34K 4.6K 199
Joshua Dun struggled with mental health. When his new friend Jenna introduced him to a certain artist that wrote songs about depression and suicidal...
120K 3.3K 33
Nathan's life: school, work, secrets, and survival. Ryder's life: soccer, friends, awesomeness, and his mom's annoying attempts to set him up. Nathan...
Nightmares By Leon

General Fiction

4.1K 146 35
A home wrecked and sinking down, a father and a brother who acts as if you are not to be counted as a person, bizarre and insanely bad moments of lif...