When Mr Popular meets Abby Ha...

By SangeethaGowda

Hunter Ryan is Mr Popular. High school is his empire, and he is the King. But what happens when Abby Hart mov... More

Chapter One: Mr Popular
Chapter Two: Along came Abby
HI :)
Chapter Three: The Untold story
Chapter Four: Don't fall for him
Chapter Five: Not just another 'stupid' girl
Chapter Six: The Party
Chapter Seven: The truth about Abby Hart
Chapter Eight: It started with a chai latte
Chapter Nine: Two can play at that game
Chapter Ten: One for the history books
Chapter Eleven: The Science Project
Chapter Twelve: Date night
Chapter Thirteen: People can change
Chapter Fourteen: Take a chance
Chapter Fifteen: Head in the game
Chapter Sixteen: Seen in a different light
Chapter Seventeen: Don't judge a 'player' by his status
Chapter Eighteen: Coping
Chapter Nineteen: 'Stop being sarcastic'
Chapter Twenty: 'I have no idea'
Chapter Twenty-One: Stressletics Carnival
Chapter Twenty-Two: Tell me why
Chapter Twenty-Three: On his mind
Chapter Twenty-Four: La Elegancia
Chapter Twenty-Five: 'What the hell is he doing here?'
Chapter Twenty-Six: Dance with me
Chapter Twenty-Seven: 'He kissed me'
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Ever-present Memory
Chapter Twenty-Nine: You're different.
Chapter Thirty: Not so 'love' sick
Chapter Thirty-One: 'Are we seriously just gonna talk about girls right now?'
Chapter Thirty-Two: Head in the clouds
Chapter Thirty-Three: Forgive me
Chapter Thirty-Four: Awkward first date much?
Chapter Thirty-Five: It's moments like these
Chapter Thirty-Six: Chemistry will never cease to confuse
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Life's little pleasures
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Remember when
Chapter Thirty-Nine: 'irresistible to la femme'
Chapter Forty: Just be you
Chapter Forty-One: From days passed
Chapter Forty-Two: ReTreat yourself
Chapter Forty-Four: Unexpected surprise
Chapter Forty-Five: The truth about Hunter Ryan
Update
Juvenile Delinquents: New World Order
Chapter Forty-Six: The beauty of not knowing
WMPMAH SOUNDTRACK
Final update.

Chapter Forty-Three: On the same wavelength

1.7K 90 3
By SangeethaGowda

Chapter Forty-Three: On the same wavelength

The final day of retreat was already upon us and I didn't really want to leave. I mean getting away from having to live with Kelsie and Anita I could definitely do, but it was really nice to be at this beautiful location and spend time with my friend Abby, and my boyfriend (yes I could finally say that now) Hunter.

Abby walked past me to the bus with her suitcase. "Bus is the other way," she joked as I walked in the opposite direction.

"I'll meet you there," I said. "Just forgot to grab my phone."

"Okay, see you up there."

I walked back up the path to our cabin and found the door. 'Cabin 4'. I walked into the now empty cabin, the wooden walls and roof painted a light, baby blue, and went over to my bed, picking up my phone.

I turned around to find Kelsie in the cabin doorway. She merely looked at me and laughed to herself before going over to her bed to pick up a small bag.

I shook my head to myself, not wishing to communicate with her any longer and began walking out before she spoke.

"Hunter's playing you and you haven't even realised yet."

I stopped walking, feeling anger beginning to rise within me. "You really need to get over your obsession with him already," I said turning to her. "You may have been hanging out with Hunter for longer than I have, but he's opened up more to me than any of you arseholes because he likes me, not you. Get over it."

Kelsie stared back at me, or rather glared but attempted not to show it. "That's what you think," she said calmly. "But you know nothing about me and Hunter's relationship. And you never will, because he's never going to tell you. He doesn't want you to find out about us."

I stared back at her, wondering what the heck she was talking about. Her and Hunter's 'relationship'?

She took a step towards me, "Because all it's gonna do is break, your, little, heart."

I could feel my heart racing a little and I didn't know what to say. I forced myself to turn around. I left the cabin.

I sat in the cafeteria with Abby the following Monday. Hunter was at work experience. Retreat ended on Sunday. And for some reason Kelsie's stupid words kept coming back to me. Like a plague. Eating away at my mind. I couldn't get rid of it no matter how hard I tried.

"So, tell me your birthday plans," said Abby, placing her phone down and resting her arms on the table.

Oh, right. Did I mention it was my birthday this coming Sunday? The big eighteen.

"I don't know," I began. "I mean, I probably should have planned something in advance but to be completely honest, my birthday hasn't been the only thing on my mind these past months."

"Well, you're legal," smiled Abby. "You have to do something."

"I know most people would party or whatever," I said. "But I actually wouldn't mind just spending the day with people I really care about. Like you guys, or my family."

Abby thought for a moment. "Well... Why don't you keep the actual day to spend with family and if you still wanted to party we can go out the weekend after."

"Sounds like a plan," I smiled.

"But," continued Abby. "I want to take you out for dinner some time. Maybe, Saturday night?"

I looked at her, "Sure. What's all this about?" I laughed.

"Naomi, you're one of if not the best friend I've ever had," she said genuinely as I listened to her. "Honestly, when my mum said we were gonna pack up and move to Jadeland, I was dreading it. I mean, not only would I have to see my ex again but I'd have to meet another whole group of... bitchy, fake people who wanted to be my friend because I was 'pretty' and I was 'popular' at my old school." She looked up at me. "But then," she smirked. "I ran into you and as soon as you called Hunter an arsehole, well, I guess it was love at first sight," she joked, winking.

I laughed to myself.

"I mean, the arsehole is now your boyfriend... But hey, I'm not judging," she smirked taking a sip of her water.

I looked back at her, "Thanks Abby. That really means a lot to me. This year wouldn't have been the same without you."

She smiled back and at that moment, I couldn't be happier that Abby had come into my life this year. Things would have been so much different than they turned out to be otherwise. And not only that, Abby had been there for me and looked out for me when nobody else had. I couldn't thank her enough for that.

The next day, Hunter met me at the entrance to the school. I smiled when I saw him.

"Hi."

"Hey," he smiled back at me. "I missed you yesterday."

"Me too."

We headed into school and Hunter went to hold my hand.

"What are you doing? I asked him quietly.

"Showing everyone who my girlfriend is."

And with that Hunter held my hand as we walked into school, side by side, with a million stares headed in our direction.

Not going to lie, I felt a little nervous as we walked. I knew how many girls would be hating on me merely because Hunter was now calling me his girlfriend but it wasn't something I was going to deny. I was happy Hunter had finally let me know his true feelings towards me and that he was proud to call me his girlfriend despite whatever people might say.

Sara and Anita death stared me as we walked past them to science. Kelsie on the other hand... Smiled at me? I was a little taken back at first. It wasn't a bitchy smile either, which surprised me a lot. Maybe she was finally over all of her crap. Maybe she was ready to let Hunter and I be. Maybe... She'd finally grown up.

I sat in science with Hunter and Abby on either side of me and for once there didn't feel like there was any tension between any of us. It was awesome. Something I could definitely get used to.

Hunter turned to me once the teacher began writing on the board. "Hey, I just thought I'd let you know I won't be here on Friday. My dad wants me to be at work experience because he has an important client that day."

"No worries," I said. "Two days in one week? Things must be getting pretty serious huh?"

"Yeah, well that's my dad for you," he smiled gently.

"Any of you guys got a spare pen?" asked Abby turning to us.

"No," I said. "Why do you need two?"

"So I can stab myself with one of them and not have to see what mark I got on the test," she replied.

Hunter smiled, amused as I whipped my head around towards the front of the classroom. The teacher had a stack of tests in his hands and was handing them out to students. We were about to get our marks back for our test. Dammit.

The teacher had been working his way from the front of the classroom to the back and was almost at our table. I tapped my fingers on the desk nervously, wondering what mark I'd been given. Or rather to see just how distracted I'd been over the past few months.

The teacher reached us and placed our tests down before moving on.

"Yes!" squealed Abby.

I turned to her, "What did you get?"

"A solid B!" she exclaimed, "Thank you so much for helping me out, otherwise I would have totally failed."

"No worries," I smiled.

"What about you?" she asked.

I hadn't turned over my test yet. Well here goes nothing... I looked down at my test paper. "A".

"Good job!" smiled Abby. "But can I just say - of course you did."

I smiled amused at her remark and inside I couldn't be more happy with that mark. Screw getting the plus sign with it.

"Well done," smiled Hunter.

I looked at him, "Well, what did you get? I guess this is the moment of truth, we finally get to find out who's smarter than who."

Hunter smirked, sliding his test paper over to me. "A".

I smiled to myself.

"Guess we're on the same wavelength Naomi," he winked.

"I guess so," I smiled.

..........................................................................................................................

It feels somewhat sad that this book is coming to an end but I'm excited nevertheless :)

Thank you thank you thank you to all my fans & fans of the book - all your votes & comments are much appreciated.

-sangeetha x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

738 45 31
Armed with her two best friends, the sweet and shy, Olly Stone and the unshakable badass, Hunter Wilde, Kinsey Abbot is ready to take on High School...
869 162 17
Sarah, Miss popular with a strong as hell will, is in her final year of highschool and plans to get through it like every other teenager. But that pl...
1.1K 202 27
**Summary:** The story follows a spoiled teenage boy named Kai who attends a prestigious high school. he's used to getting everything he wants and is...
2.8M 125K 65
[Billionaire / Fake Relationship] The last thing Livy expects is to fall for Logan, the hot but damaged billionaire who wants to help her pay for her...