A Vampire Among Us (Fred Weas...

By WeaselB3e

Alexandria Desmond was turned into a vampire two years ago during her years at Hogwarts. She is now a Seventh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 30

1.6K 55 10
By WeaselB3e

I dedicate this chapter to a fabulous writer. Seriously, she has amazing works! She hasn't made it to this chapter yet but I remember what she said she liked my Vic character (who is completely my own) and this is so Vic centered that I hope that if she ever gets to this chapter she'll love him

Please Enjoy!

~*~*~

"How did you manage to keep the apartment while at the safe house?" Alexandria watched Vic unlock the door and step aside for Alexandria to enter first followed by the Weasley Twins.

"Easy, Lexi. Magic," Vic snorted as if that solved everything. "Everyone make yourself at home, I'll go see if there's anything left to drink around here."

Alexandria rolled her eyes, "I have to show you something," she whispered lowly to Vic as the others took seats around the small living room. Alexandria flicked her wand, music immediately filled the silence as Vic and her left the room.

Alexandria's eyes rove the apartment, noticing dust had settled during it's occupant's absence. Vic began to rummage through cabinets, digging for anything as he hummed along to the music, moving his hips rhythmically. "Did you get a tattoo while you were gone? I told you, those are just trash. Although...I've always wanted one. I was thinking of getting something on my wrists, you know?" He mused as he continued his search.

Alexandria glared at Vic, placing the vial of deep red blood beside the sink, Vic stopped ranting and stared at it in astonishment as he stood up straighter.

"Is that what I think it is?" Vic whispered, his eyes going wide.

Alexandria nodded, Vic snatched it and held it before him, moving the bottle in his hands this way and that underneath the dim kitchen light. "It's the cure for vampirism," Alexandria affirmed.

"How did....how did you get this?" He looked at her in shock. The two of them had been searching ever since Vic had learned of Alexandria's aliment, and now here it was in front of them, as if it were something out of a fairy tale.

"It's hard to explain...but basically the creator gave it to me," Alexandria rubbed her neck.

"You mean Liam? Liam the great....gave you the cure?" Vic said in disbelief. Alexandria nodded as Vic set it back down, he studied it questionably, "you're going to take it right?"

"I don't know," Alexandria whispered, finally confessing her feelings over it aloud.

Vic raised an eyebrow, "but...this is what you've wanted. This is what we've spent two years researching! You can't honestly tell me that you don't know what to do anymore."

Alexandria shrugged, pulling her hair into a pony tail, "I just...what if I don't need to take it anymore?"

Vic looked confused, flicking his wand so the music became louder, to hide their conversation from their guests in the other room, "Lexi. You've wanted this cure for two years, all you've wanted was to be normal! That's why you forced me to join Dumbledore's Army with you and the twins, because it made you feel normal. What's changed your--oh....oh." He stopped talking, a hand raising to his mouth in shock, "it's because of Fred, isn't it?"

"No it's not," Alexandria said defensively, but Vic could see right through her.

Vic nodded, a vein in his forehead jumping out noticeably, Alexandria instinctively backed away from him. "Next month you will have been a vampire for three years, next month we would have more or less been searching for this ruddy cure for three years. Are you telling me, that you no longer want it because of a fucking guy?! Do you know what I've endured to help you all this time, what I've sacrificed, and now you're saying its all for nothing?!"

Alexandria sucked in a deep breath, Vic was going to explode. Any second now he was going to snap and hopefully the others didn't hear him. "Look, Vic, I just think that maybe--"

"You think that you won't take it?! You think that after countless nights in the library searching for answers, that you don't want it?! Are you fucking telling me--" Vic slammed his hand down on the counter in anger, "that all those nights I've poured myself over those ruddy books when I could've been chasing some fit girls was all for nothing?! and all because of a guy?!"

"I've been this way for basically three years, is there really a point now? I mean--"

"Is there really a point?! Oh I don't know, how about the point that your best friend sacrificed his life to you for this fucking thing and now you're basically tossing it away as if it were nothing!" Vic shouted. "If it weren't for me--"

"Oi! I was the one who got it on my own!" Alexandria snapped back bitterly.

"No you didn't, liar!" Vic slammed his hand on the counter top again, feeling his blood pressure rise, this was all they've thought about for two years. This was their end goal, sitting right before them and now Alexandria was backing out, "I was the one who found references of it in a book and dug deep down until I found all that information on it! If it weren't for me you'd be fucked!"

Alexandria looked over her shoulder, they would've heard that over the music, Vic's voice could carry when he was agitated. And right now he was fuming with anger, his muscles were shaking ever so slightly in the fluorescent lighting.

"You've changed," Vic accused with a bitter laugh, "the girl I knew before you ditched me for several months would want that fucking cure. That's all she ever wished for because she could have a normal life, just like she wanted....Lexi," he paused as he studied her, "you could get your parents back."

"Don't you dare bring up my parents!" Alexandria snapped back.

Vic raised an eyebrow in surprise before smirking eagerly. "Oh, is the little vampire angry now?" Vic pouted mockingly.

Alexandria growled, pushing Vic back into their cabinets harshly, her fangs exposed as she stared up at him, gripping his throat. "Shut the fuck up, Vic."

Vic snorted, "make me, Alexandria," he sputtered.

Alexandria hissed quietly, still holding Vic as they stared at each other angrily. "If you don't take that cure....we have no relationship, Alexandria. I gave my heart and soul to helping you find that and basically helped you to exist in this world. So if you don't...." Vic shook his head as Alexandria loosened her grip on his throat slightly.

"You'd really do that?" Alexandria whispered in shock, her fangs throbbing painfully against her lips.

Vic was quiet, nodding stiffly, his expression regretful but determined to stand his ground. "We've spent so much time and effort and...hope to get that thing. And if you won't take it, then....yes. Not because I want my best friend back. But because if you don't, you basically say that you don't give a fuck about what I've done for you up until now and it was all for nothing."

Alexandria stepped away in shock, her hands trembling as her breathing stopped all together, "but....that's not true. You aren't serious. I know you're not."

"You would rather stay the monster you've feared for three years now than take the cure to become the normal person you've so desperately tried to be for the last three years, I'm completely serious!" Vic hissed, his gaze dropping to the ground.

At this time they didn't know that the music had stopped, both oblivious to the fact that the people in the other room were listening intently to their debate.

"The worse part of this is that I remember the first day I found out about this, I remember how you were so terrified that I had found you and you began sobbing so hard. Calling yourself a monster. I remember...having to carry you up to the castle and into an empty classroom, waiting for you to quiet down, the entire time all I was thinking was how I was going to make everything better for you." Vic looked up at Alexandria, "I remember how you broke down at the train platform because neither of your parents were there. How abandoned you felt....and now we're here. You're telling me that you don't want it because of some fucking guy, granted he's pretty attractive, but you're still willing to not take that fucking cure because of him."

"It's not because of Fred," Alexandria shook her head sadly, even though it was part of the truth, the words began spilling from her mouth before she could think properly. "The people I met while I was gone were...It made me feel like I belonged with them in a big family that understood each other. I didn't realize how normally a person like me could actually continue living. They don't sit around drinking blood all day, they still love to cook and sleep...it was nice. I felt normal. I was....I was happy with them."

Vic's heart jumped a beat, his jaw dropped as he began to stammer, had Alexandria just said that to him? He looked at her, noticing her eyes filled with regret as her hands flew to her mouth. "If that's how you see them...then get out."

"Vic, let me explain, I didn't mean it like that--"

"GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY APARTMENT YOU BLOODSUCKING BITCH!" Vic roared so loud and harsh that the precious vial that had started this argument tipped onto its side unnoticed.

"Oi! What's going on in here?!" Fred shouted as he and George appeared in the doorway of the kitchen.

There was silence as Alexandria stared at Vic in shock, tears obstructing her sight immediately as her body began to tremble horribly.

"You don't mean that, Vic," Alexandria whispered in the silence.

Vic was shaking with rage, his glare was dark and unforgiving, "we both know the answer."

Alexandria choked back a sob, a hand going to her mouth in shock, "but Vic...I just let me explain-"

He gave a sad laugh. "I always thought of you as a sister...that's why I care so much about you, that's why I went behind the Order's backs to give you some peace of mind when I erased your memories of you going to Malfoy Manor. Because it pained me to watch you in pain, it pained me to see the trauma they inflicted on you. That's why I spent hours taking care of you, months no years! devoted to your safety and happiness." Vic paused, "but now....get out, Alexandria."

Alexandria glared, standing her ground, "just let me talk for one moment!"

Vic sneered, forgetting that Fred or George were standing watching in shock as Vic stalked toward Alexandria. Fists raised high.

Alexandria jumped back just as Vic's right hand came toward her chest, in a swift motion she jumped up onto the counters, avoiding his sweeping arms. He was a quidditch chaser, his build was impressively strong and agile. He was just as quick as her on any normal day, regretfully today was one of those days. He grabbed Alexandria's ankle and pulled her off the counter, making her hit her head on the way down to the floor. Alexandria groaned as she sat up, baring her fangs and pouncing on Vic until he fell to the ground. Alexandria began to throw her own punches at him, but his arms blocked most of the contact to his face as she lashed out at him.

The fighting went on for several more minutes, mostly because it was a shock that the two people who were closer than most were fighting. Both getting the upper hand at one point, Alexandria felt the vampire inside her longing to dig her fangs into Vic but she would never give in to that twisted desire. Several minutes passed before anyone pulled them apart from each other.

"Get out of here. No one wants you," Vic spat as he wiped away the blood from his nose while George restrained him.

Alexandria felt her world shattering along with her heart as Vic's words rang through her mind, "just let me speak, you don't understand."

Vic shook his head, "if you mean that they treated you more like family, while all I've ever done is taken care of you like an older brother since the second we met. Then yes. Get out of my home and never return."

It wasn't just the words that cut Alexandria like a knife but the look on Vic's face as he spoke them: hatred, hurt, betrayal, and disgust, were etched on his face.

"If you would just let me explain," Alexandria pleaded.

"There's nothing to explain, you said what you said now get out," Vic said forcefully.

No one objected but Alexandria as she began to cry out hysterically, Vic was serious, she had thought that maybe he was lashing out in the moment but...no, she would only be lying to herself if she believed that. They had just been pulled apart after brutally fighting. Alexandria protested against the arms that held her back, screaming uncontrollably as she waited for Vic to say something but he never did, instead he looked at Fred.

"Take her with you," Vic ordered. "Let her be with her real family."

Alexandria screamed in protest as Fred closed his eyes and guiltily lifted Alexandria into his arms and carried her from Vic's sight. Even though Alexandria was a vampire and she could easily break his hold, all she did was scream and pound on his chest desperately as Fred slowly left the apartment with George.

~*~*~

I know! How could I, but there's a point to this. Like there always is ;)

Please forgive me if there's any errors, I haven't gone to sleep yet so there may be some somewhere!

So I'm going away til Sunday BUT when I get back I would love to see 5 comments, 5 votes, and 10 reads?! I'd so very much love that!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.3K 1.5K 82
***Not Edited: Read with that in mind*** You practically grew up a Weasley. Living right down the hill with your muggle parents, you were always curi...
124 10 6
Clara Clearwater has been in love with her longtime best friend, George Weasley, since the fourth year. Now, in her sixth year and his seventh, she s...
950K 27K 42
A HARRY POTTER FAN FICTION BOOK ONE ❝Lucy wasn't sure of many things. She wasn't sure exactly when she'd discovered she was a witch. She wasn't sure...
1.3M 38.1K 96
When Alice transfers from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts, everything changes, she leaves many things behind. Or at least she thinks she does. But then she m...