Overprotective | Wattys2017

By leslymm

Carolina's life has taken a 360 degree turn when she makes one mistake that she regrets for the rest of her h... More

AUTHOR
Chapter 1 | Brothers
Chapter 2 | Andrew Parker
Chapter 3 | A Day With Parker
Chapter 5 | The Almost Kiss With Parker
Chapter 6 | Sneaking Out With Parker
Chapter 7 | Saving Parker
Chapter 8 | An Angry Parker
Chapter 9 | A Sorry Parker
Chapter 10 | Math Class With Parker
Chapter 11 | The Real Parker
Chapter 12 | Waking Up to Parker
Chapter 13 | Oblivious Parker
Chapter 14 | Embarrassing Myself in Front of Parker
Chapter 15 | Problems with Alice Because of Parker
Chapter 16 | Bonfire with Parker
Chapter 17 | Football with Parker - Part 1

Chapter 4 | Facing Parker

3K 100 19
By leslymm

I just wanted to say sorry for updating later than I said. I thought I could update, but I had piles of homework to do that took me all night.

Thanks for all the votes and comments! Hopefully you keep on commenting. I really like to hear what you think about a character or chapter.

Shout out to mariannemccord, alyssakain1, and bermuda1.

Thank you for commenting! I really appreciate you giving your thoughts.

I hope you like this chapter!

++++++

I stood looking at the one and only, Andrew Parker.

I couldn't believe that he was actually here. But didn't he leave with Alice? What is he even doing here. Alice would have never been nice enough to tell him the truth.

As I stood in front of Parker, flabbergasted at the sight of him actually here, he spoke.

"Sweetheart...I know I'm sexy, but can you please stop staring at my handsome face and hot body? I think it's disturbing the people around you."

And the cocky guy snapped me back to reality.

"Yes master," I replied, sarcastically. "Now, can we please address the fact that you're here. Last I saw, was you leaving in your car with Alice, on the way to her house."

"Me? What are you still doing here? I almost believed Alice when she said you ditched us. Especially me. Like, who would want to ditch me?"

"Alright, alright. Tone it down a bit would you? I didn't think you're ego could grow any more,"I told him, rolling my eyes.

"Now can we please talk about what happened? How are you still here? Are you not in wonderland with Alice? She'd love for you to stay with her for eternity."

"First of all, that is a very horrible connection to Alice in Wonderland. And second of all, I can control my needs," Parker explained.

I gave him a look.

"Fine, I'll tell you," he surrendered.

"After she showed me that text, two things popped into my head. One was why would you give her your number and two was that you never called me Drew. So when we left, I took her to her house, said goodbye to a very pissed off Alicia-"

"Alice."

"-and then I drove back here for a chance to see if you were still here. Clearly you never left at all," Parker finished.

"Well you were right about everything. Alice planned this all out once she saw me leaving with you to eat out."

Parker frowned.

"What exactly did she plan? How did she even get you to leave?"

I sighed.

"When you were ordering the food, I started asking her why she was here and kind of started insulting her," I told, sheepishly smiling at him.

"So you basically caused her to drive you out of McDonalds?"

"No, not exactly."

"And I thought Ashley would be the one ditching us."

"It's Alice, for the hundredth time!" I nearly shouted at him.

He looked at me with a bored expression.

"You seriously think I care about her name? She basically thinks looking like a clown makes her look pretty. I don't think I would want to hang out with her or even take her to my house-"

I wrinkled my nose.

"-if she was trying to live her life as a clown."

I chuckled.

"So, what happened?" He asked.

"Well... she started to say how she had told Hunter where I was and that I was with a guy. Knowing how Hunter would react, I had to leave cause I didn't want to get caught," I sighed.

"Why don't you stand up to Hunter? He doesn't own or control you or your life," Parker reasoned.

"Tell that to him. Ever since-"

I shut my mouth.

I couldn't tell the reason my brothers were so protective. It was personal and I had just met him. Why would I tell something that is private to a complete stranger?

"Ever since what?" Parker asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

I ignored his question and continued to tell him what had happened.

"So then I left. I hid behind the door and waited to see if he actually came...he did. I opened the door to hear them and Alice completely lied about who I was meeting with. She said I was meeting with Blake," I told him, groaning in the end.

Parker frowned. "How does she even know you talked to Blake?"

"He helped me open my locker. I actually begged him to help me because I couldn't. I had to beg because he was scared of losing his position on the football team and getting beaten up. And now he's going to get in trouble because of me."

Football was life in our school. All these rivalry's with other schools with he games, it riled everyone up. Like, no kidding. People would wear out school colors and paint their faces.

Anyways, if Blake got kicked out or anyone else, they wouldn't be able to be seen by scouts to get a scholarship. And Blake has been counting on a scholarship to get him into a good university where he would play.

That's the reason why I tried not to talk to the football players.

Parker looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows together.

"I think I have a solution."

"There is no way-"

"I actually do," he said. "I did see Hunter when he was talking to Alice. So I hid, to not get caught, and to see what was happening."

I smirked. "So you were scared of him."

Parker looked like a fish out of water when he tried to reply. He kept opening his mouth to say something, but he couldn't.

"I am not. He's shorter than me," Parker argued.

I raised my eyebrows. "He's like three inches taller than you."

"Doesn't matter his size. I bet I could take him," he replied cockily.

I looked at Parker.

I didn't know whether he would or wouldn't be able to take down Hunter. I mean...Parker does have some really nice muscles. Every girl can tell though the shirts and tanks he wears. But I don't want Hunter to damage his face. It's too sexy to-

Wait.

Did I just describe Parker as sexy?

I snapped back to reality when I looked up to see Parker smirking at me.

"What?" I bluntly told him, my face heating up.

"You were totally checking me out."

Now my face was really hot.

"No-No I wasn't," I stuttered.

"The fact that you just stuttered and your face is super red, kind of contradicts your statement," he said, smirking even more.

Smart and sexy?

Can my face get any redder from thinking about him?

"It's just really hot in here," I replied, fanning my face.

I am a very horrible liar.

"Mhm, I definitely agree with you." He teased.

"Can we get back to this solution you were talking about!" I burst, annoyed by the fact that he was teasing me. 

He smirked, then went back to talking about his solution to my problem.

This can not get any worse. I basically embarrassed myself with him.

"You saw them when they hugged right?"

"Yeah. What about it?" I asked, totally confused with why the hugging has to deal with any of this.

"Well, doesn't Hunter kind of have a girlfriend?" He said, motioning with his hands to kind of get me to realize what he was trying to tell me.

"Yeah, Cara. She is super nice and really, really-"

My eyes widened.

"JEALOUS!" I exclaimed.

"Omg Parker, you won't believe what I just thought of."

He gave me a bored expression.

"I can threaten Hunter not to do anything to Blake with me telling Cara that Hunter was hugging the one girl Cara hated, Alice."

"I am so smart!" I exclaim.

"Woah, how do you do it," Parker responded sarcastically.

"Technically you didn't claim your idea. So, I, came up with the idea. Great minds think alike Parker," I said, winking at him.

"But how will Cara believe you? With the lies you probably tell Hunter, wouldn't Hunter be able to convince her it wasn't what she thought it was?" Parker challenged me, trying to get me to come up with a solution to this new problem.

I opened my mouth, but no words came out.

Seems like dèja vú to me.

"Exactly. So before you stole my idea, I was going to say that I had taken a picture, for future reference, as blackmail in case something happened and I needed something from Hunter. But you need it more, so I'll just send it to you and you find a way to convince him to leave Blake alone," he reasoned.

I huffed. "I guess you really came up with the idea."

Parker smirked. "Now you have to apologize say that you stole my idea."

"I'm sorry for stealing your idea," I mumbled.

"I'm sorry, did I forget that you had to say: Parker, I am very sorry that I stole your creative and smart idea from a sexy and smart man like you. You are so hot that I would never think of doing it again."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Say it or I'll leave you here to wait for a ride to come to then go to Hunter who has probably gotten Blake kicked out of the team and beaten up too."

I stared at him. "No way am I saying that."

"You sure?"

"Positive."

I mean, he wouldn't really leave me here alone. But I guess I underestimated him.

He got up and started walking towards the front door.

I hesitated before saying,"Parker, I am very sorry that I stole your creative and smart idea from a sexy and smart man like you. You are so hot that I would never think of doing it again."

Parker stopped. "I'm sorry what did you say?"

I clenched my jaw.

"Parker, I am very sorry that I stole your creative and smart idea from a sexy and smart man like you. You are so hot that I would never think of doing it again," I said a little bit louder.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't quite catch that."

Annoyed by his teasing, I yelled it out.

"PARKER, I AM VERY SORRY THAT I STOLE YOUR CREATIVE AND SMART IDEA FROM A SEXY AND SMART MAN LIKE YOU! YOU ARE SO HOT, I WOULD NEVER THINK OF DOING IT AGAIN!"

Instantly, everyone in McDonalds turned to look at me.

My cheeks turned bright red and I found my self looking at my shoes.

Parker comes up to me an has the nerve to say,"Don't worry, I believe you."

I glare at him and storm outside.

I hear his laughter from behind me as I walk into the parking lot. I try to find the car that Parker took Alice and me to McDonalds, but I had no luck.

"Look at what we have here boys," a deep voice said, startling me.

I turned to see three guys checking me out.

They were all tall and fit, with dark eyes and sharp jaws. The guy that spoke had blonde hair, while the others had black. They each carried a bottle of beer, but only one was open. I'm guessing they all shared it and is now under the influence of alcohol.

I try to see if Parker is anywhere in sight, but I don't.

"Aren't you friends with Andrew?" The blonde haired guy spoke.

"A-Andrew?" I replied, trying to keep calm.

I took a step backward, and they took a step forward.

"Oh, my bad. I forgot that you call him Parker," he told me, taking a step forward.

Again, I took a step backward.

I built up my courage and asked,"W-What do you want with h-him?"

"Nothing, we just want to know the pretty girl he's been hanging out with."

He took a step further and I took a step backward, my back hitting the wall of a building in the parking lot.

"You know, he has a lot of secrets," he remarked. "I don't think your pretty little head and capture all of them."

Where are the people? Can't they see three guys against one defenseless girl?

Of course not. They're all enjoying their McDonalds meal.

I tried to not panic as I had no way out of the wall I was currently pressed on.

The blond guy leaned in and whispered in my ear," Maybe we can hang out sometime...when we're alone."

The stench of his alcohol breath intoxicated me.

Now, I was really scared.

"I'm sorry Bruce, but the only guy she gets to hang out with, is me," a voice said from behind him.

We all turned to look at Parker on a Harley Davidson motorcycle.

"You like to share, don't you? I mean...you always did," Bruce smirked.

Parkers jaw clenched.

What is going on? And what do I have to do with any of this?

"We're leaving now. Hop on Courtney," Parker ordered.

My eyes widened. Not in astonishment of what he said, but in fear.

"I am not going on that. And who's-"

I got cut off by Parkers pleading eyes with me to just go on with what he was saying.

I stared at the motorcycle. I have never been on a motorcycle since I was a junior. And I never wanted to get on one again.

I hesitated.

"Courtney," Parker said again.

I wanted to move, but my feet were frozen on the ground. I really wanted to get away from these guys, but I couldn't get on that thing.

It has memories I would like to forget. Memories that are not worth remembering.

"Sweetheart?" He said one more time, but softly, almost like a whisper.

My eyes glanced towards his eyes.

His eyes showed only concern and confusion. He then got off the motorcycle and came towards me. Parker then grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the side, a little bit father from the guys.

"You will not make me go on that," I told him, shaking a bit.

Parker grabbed my hands into his and said,"Why? Don't you want to leave these guys?"

"I-I do...But I am not going on that..."

I couldn't even say that word out loud. That's how much I was scared of getting on it.

"Whatever it is, just let it go for now. I didn't know you would react this way. Just...get on it this once, and you can go back to never getting on it. Please?" Parker pleaded.

I took in a deep breath, looked at the motorcycle, and nodded.

Nervously walking towards the motorcycle, I kept my distance from Bruce and the other two.

Once I reached Parker, he grabbed my hand and helped me on. Before he roared the motorcycle to life, he took his helmet and gave it to me.

"Sweetheart, make sure to hold on tight. I don't want you to fall," Parker whispered.

I nodded my head.

I wrapped my arms around Parker and held him tightly. Since he was wearing a leather jacket and a thin black shirt, I was able to feel his abs.

"May this be the last time I see you Bruce. Or you won't like me next time," Parker warned.

And with that, he drove.

Once we were about to exit McDonalds, we heard the voice of Bruce.

"Maybe I won't see you, but you didn't say anything about Carolina," He yelled, then chuckled in the distance.

I could feel Parker's shoulders tense. He then speed off quickly, trying to get as far as possible from them.

I knew I wanted answers. An explanation to be exact. And I was sure I was going to get them.

++++++

I guess Parker knew my address, since he took me straight home.

I relaxed once I was far away from those guys. The chilly air, making me cold a bit. It was always thrilling on a motorcycle like this.

It's not the first time I've been on a motorcycle. Sometimes, because of that bad memory, I regret getting on it.

Once Parker reached my house and stopped the motorcycle, instantly took off his helmet and got off.

Parker noticed, and got off too.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing you need to worry about," I responded, daring myself to not look at him.

"Nothing I need to worry about? You're kidding right?" He said.

I looked at him and glared.

"If I don't want to say anything, I don't have to," I hissed. "It's not your business to worry about."

"And what about you? Do you want to tell me what happened with those guys?"

"It doesn't concern you Carolina," he replied, his eyes darkening.

That was the first time he called me by my name. That meant he had something to hide, and he didn't want me to find out.

"It doesn't concern me? Of course it concerns me! It concerns me if they know me!" I yelled at him.

"Stop overreacting. What about you, huh? What's so scary about riding a motorcycle?"

Now it was my turn to be very serious.

"Do not go there," I replied, my lips quivering.

Parker instantly regretted his words, and his eyes softened.

"I guess you're right. It's none of my business. But it's none of your business what those guys wanted. I've got it under control."

I sighed.

We stayed silent for a while, before I spoke again.

"Why did you call me Courtney?"

"It's best if they didn't know your name, but I guess they already knew," he responded, his fist clenching.

"Just, don't worry about it. I'll take care of it."

I nodded.

We fell back into silence.

Then it was his turn to break it.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry for joking about your fear of motorcycles. It was a jerk move," he apologized.

"It's not exactly a fear," I replied, suddenly taking an interest in my shoes.

"Then what is it?"

"It's...It's just a bad memory I want to forget."

He sighed.

I looked to the side and noticed that a certain car was parked in the driveway.

My eyes widened.

Hunters!

"Parker! Put on your helmet now!" I shouted softly.

Parker looked at me in confusion.

I just pointed to the car and he instantly got the picture.

Putting on his helmet, he got on the motorcycle and turned it on.

"See you tomorrow!" He yelled over the motorcycle's loud noise.

"Wait!"

I walked towards him and said," We're still friends, right?"

"So you consider me a friend?" Parker smirked.

And he's back to his cocky self.

I rolled my eyes.

"Just get out of here," I said, smiling.

"Why are you kicking me out? I thought we were friends?" Parker said, putting his hand over his heart.

"Bye Parker."

"Bye sweetheart."

And with that, he left. I smiled as he drove away.

Parker really is something.

"I'm going to kill Blake," a voice growled from behind me.

++++++

Please keep voting, reading and commenting! I really appreciate all hat you have done for this book! Hope you liked the chapter!

~leslymm

++++++

Sneak Peek of the Next Chapter:

"Just come through the window."

My eyes widened.

"Are you crazy!" I whisper shouted. "I'll be ten feet down the ground before I can sneak out for the first time in two years."

Parker grinned.

"Stop being a coward. Just come down slowly and once you start to reach the ground, jump and I'll catch you. Simple."

Did he just call me a coward?

I looked at how far I was from the ground. I might as well just jump off and die now. There is no way I will come down without injuring myself.

Parker whistled, instantly catching my attention.

"What?!"

"Look sweetheart, I don't have all day. You want to get out your room, or not."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 2.1K 37
"I hate you," I could taste my own lies. He stepped closer and whispered in my ear, "face it goodie, you can't stay away from me." He was right as...
The Bet By Angela

Teen Fiction

151K 3.8K 33
Who could ever think that because of a football game you could find true love? Well Jason Parker wouldn't. He is the schools hottie, captain of the s...
793 49 32
Caroline Paige is every parent's dream daughter. She isn't exactly a nerd but she has straight A's, she's athletic, she doesn't care about boys, she...
3.9M 115K 59
* * * Lauren Collins is a good girl. She's responsible and shy but has a tight knit group of friends, excellent grades, and is dating Thomas Clark, a...