The Bet.

By MariaFiallo_

(Before you read this, as my own experience while writing this story, don't let the cliche title fool you. Em... More

Chapter two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter thirteen
title of your story
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter twenty Four
Chapter Twenty five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
The Bet is on hold.
There was a mixup.
ATTENTION LOVERS.
ANNOUNCEMENT.
READ THIS PLEASE.
It's 2020.

Chapter Twenty Two

1.6K 43 6
By MariaFiallo_

Ehh i got nothing to say, ENJOY :D

-----------------------------

Chapter Twenty Two

My heart was beating at its fastest paste. Why the hell in the world would Lucas say that? what's wrong with him? how did he even know? 

I looked at the people who surrounded me nervously. "G-Gay? psh ha mo-more like you ar-are gay. Psh Dylan? gay? never." I stuttered.

Some people went back to their conversations, some didn't but I could see Lucas's expression lighten as he saw what I was doing.

Lucas nodded. "Can we just.. talk? please Christine." he said as he changed the subject.

I don't know if I wanted to talk to him or shout at him. He just makes me want to punch him! first he makes me cry..now he's trying to apologize-I think?

I shook my head slowly. "No, n-o. I have no words for you nor your actions."

He looked really disappointed. "Fine.. but we will talk. And that's a promise."

I ignored his statement and I walked away with Dylan, hand by hand. Everything was so awkward now. What was I going to tell my children in the future? That my high school was full of dancing and lies?

"Are you okay?" Dylan asked concerned.

I nodded and started dancing with him, the song "We cant stop" by Miley Cyrus started playing.. I usually do not like Miley Cyrus but this song is just plain awesome.

Dylan started looking at me funny as I jumped with the whole crowd.

"COME ON, DANCE!" I yelled in excitement. Everybody was dancing and having a blast.

"So la da da di we like to party

Dancing with Miley

Doing whatever we want

This is our house

This is our rules

And we can't stop

And we won't stop

Can't you see it's we who own the night

Can't you see it's we who 'bout that life

And we can't stop, whoa

And we won't stop, no

We run things, things don't run we

Don't take nothing from nobody

Yea, yea, yea "

Dylan suddenly got out of his shy zone and started dancing as well. He looked a lot more funnier than normal.

I giggled at his dance moves and glanced at the people around me. Everyone was having a blast, but something caught my eye. Where was Adriana? I looked around until I landed my eyes on Adriana. She was at the food corner.. but she wasn't with Josh, she was with Jake. Uh oh.

 "Um my best friend instincts tell me that I need to help Adriana." I said as I walked away from Dylan but I could feel him walking behind me.

I quickly turned around. "Maybe I should go and you should stay here since the whole.. Jake stuff.." I reminded him

He nodded. "True shizz, do your thing girl." As with that he walked away dancing.

As I got closer towards where Adriana and Jake stood.. I could hear their conversation more clearly.

   "Just leave me alone Jake." Adriana hissed as her back was facing his face.

He shook his head angrily. "No Adriana! I was never in that bet!"

Adriana huffed.

"Okay I was, but I did get out of it! because I started gaining actual feelings for you.. I swear to you Adriana, I left that bet. Ask Lucas!"

This was pathetic. I really do hope Adriana doesn't believe this bullshit.

  "Yeah, so Lucas can lie to you as well. Adriana don't listen to him." I said as my eyes narrowed Jake. "He's a pig.. Just like Lucas, remember Adri.. he was embarrassed of you." I teased.

I could see his face getting red and feisty with anger. He get then walked away stomping his feet and walked on stage. He told the band that was playing to stop as someone handed him a microphone and people darted their eyes on him.

  Jake then looked at Adriana and only her. " I Just want everybody.. even the whole DAMN ENTIRE WORLD to know that, ADRIANA MARIE LUCENTE IS MY GIRLFRIEND AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT. I LIKE HER AND SHE LIKES ME SO IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM DEAL WIT-" his 'speech' got interrupted as Principal Adams got in the way

"That's enough before I kick you out of this dance." Principal Adams hissed.

Jake walked out the stage smiling, he then stood in front of Adriana, inches away from each other he then cupped her cheeks with his hands and whispered : Do you believe that I'm not embarrassed of you now? because I did leave the bet." He said as he then lumped her closer for a long lasting kiss. Everyone started clapping as the spotlight landed on them.

Yeah that shuts me up. But hey at least Adriana got her happy ever after

-----------------------------------------------------

Lucas P.O.V

What the freak. Jake ended up having the girl. Great. I just need to figure out a way to talk to Christine.. to tell her that I do love her, that I never finished the bet. That I don't need it anymore. Forget about the guitar, forget everything. I just want her.

At the end of the day I was glad that Jake got Adriana.. he indeed leave the bet, and he indeed likes her.. a lot. And trust me I haven't seen my best friend this happy.

"So where's my stuff?" A deep voice asked behind me.

I turned around and I got a feeling in my gut which was not good.

  "I don't have it Josh..but he-here" I stuttered as I gave Josh the 200 dollars.

He smiled wickedly. "Good. Now the stuff."

"I don't have it! Its really expensive and it takes a lot of work to get it." I exclaimed as my hands waved in the arm flustered in sarcasm.

He looked really annoyed. "Fine. You know what.. I've been real patient with you.. I've waited and waited and now I''m done. Now your girl will really know who you are and what you where dealing with.

Holy shit no no no. That was the old me I'm not like that anymore.

"But if you tell her.. She'll hate you too. Does she even know why your here? has she found out you quit college because you wanted to come and find me. Does she even know your an addict to this?" 

He eyed me and took me in as a threat. "Are  you threating me? cause if you are you are going to regret it. I don't care if she finds out.. I'm her brother, she can forgive me. She will never forgive you.." he said simply without a care in the world and walked away. He was going to tell Christine.. Everything.

I saw how Josh got closer to Christine and at this point.. I can't do anything.

She smiled at him as he approached her. He gave in a quick hug and cupped his hands into an 'O' so he could whisper something in her ear.

Wait no- don't tell me he's actually going to tell her... NO.

When I turned my eyes towards Christine.. Josh wasn't there anymore. Only Christine stood there.. looking at me in disgust.. Great now she hates me. Perfect. Whatever.. it doesn't matter because now I'm seriously not going to give Josh his stuff.

------------------------------------

  "And now give it up for.. The Chick Magnets?" Principal Adams announced.

The Chick Magnets was our band name.. You know, me, River's and Jake's band. Jake actuall picked that name because he always bragged about how smoking hot he is.. and as a best friend I wasn't going to lower his self esteem. River on the other hand.. didn't care, he was mostly into the music.

We all walked on stage. I took the microphone of course, River took the drums, Jake played the bass guitar/sometimes the piano and I played the acoustic guitar.. with the microphone.

   "We are going to play a little slow song for you guys.. Enjoy." I announced.

We then started playing my favorite song from a chicks point of view.. Wanted  by Hunter Hayes.

" You know I'd fall apart without you

I don't know how you do what you do

'Cause everything that don't make sense about me

Makes sense when I'm with you

Like everything that's green, girl, I need you

But it's more than one and one makes two

Put aside the math and the logic of it

You gotta know you're wanted too

'Cause I wanna wrap you up

Wanna kiss your lips

I wanna make you feel wanted

And I wanna call you mine

Wanna hold your hand forever

And never let you forget it

Yeah, I, I wanna make you feel wanted. "

Everyone was screaming and yelling in enjoyment which warmed my heart.

But all my happy thoughts stopped as I saw a particular couple dancing slowly.. body to body.. Dylan and Christine.

" Anyone can tell you you're pretty, yeah

And you get that all the time, I know you do

But your beauty's deeper than the make-up

And I wanna show you what I see tonight.."

Why did I even have to join that damn bet. It was so stupid..I was getting angrier at the fact that they where slow dancing and chit chatting.  If I wouldn't have gotten in that bet, I would be with Christine right now.. Well actually I wouldn't but. I just don't know anymore.. what I do know is that I'm going to get Christine back.

"When I wrap you up

When I kiss your lips.

I wanna make you feel wanted

And I wanna call you mine---" I stopped singing as I saw Christine's lips press against Dylan's.

"BLOODY HELL WHAT THE F*CK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING" I yelled loudly at the microphone. Emidiatly the principal stepped in.

"OUT NOW! I WILL NOT TOLERATE CURSING, THIS IS A SCHOOL DANCE." Principal Adams yelled.

I walked away angry and flustered with madness.. I know what I was going to do. I knew exactly well.

I got off the stage again as Jake and River did as well. But I went to a total different direction - to Christine and Dylan. I didn't hesitate to say hi.. I walked up to Dylan and punched him right in the jaw. To me it all went by so slow.

Christine's face was in shock motion. Her eyes where widened in surprise. "What the f*ck is wrong with you?! bloody hell." she hissed.

"Your mine and only mine. I'm not going to let this faggot ruin us." I said in a hostile tone.

She sighed. "He didn't ruin us. You did."

Ouch that hurts.

"Plus, at least he didn't hurt me.." she paused as she eyed me in a type of disgust way. "At least he didn't try to rape my mother."

Now my eye's where widened. "WHAT?!"

------------------------------------------------------------

OKAY DONT HATE ME I'M SORRY FOR THE DELAY. THIS IS PROBABLY THE LONGEST I TOOK TO EVER WRITE A CHAPTER. DONT HATE ME. I LOVE YOU ALL <3>

I LOVE YOU AND DONT BE MAD.. YOU'LL FIND OUT WHAT JOSH AND LUCAS ARE TALKING ABOUT WHEN THEY SAY 'THE STUFF' AND SORRY FOR THE CLIFFHANGER D;

DONTT HATE ME BECAUSE I LOVE YOU ALL !!! <3> 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.1K 726 42
"Are you ever afraid of being alone?" I asked after a while. A question that had randomly popped into my mind. I wasn't expecting him to answer me, b...
180 5 10
When Emma Harte, a pretty, late blooming, slightly nerdy teen girl who has never shared her first kiss, decides to help her not-brother James, the ul...
9K 392 18
"It's beautiful" I sigh. "Yes it is" Blaze whispers next to me. I looked at him and saw he was just staring at me. "Why are you staring?" "Because...
59.4K 1.8K 20
"Let's make a bet," I said. "What is it?" he asked. "That was very fun. And I feel like we'll do it again," I started. "We date each other and we can...