Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen :

-----------------------------

Christine's P.O.V

My heart was beating at its fastest paste. Everything around us went blank as if only me and Lucas where to be standing here, in this gigantic ball room, alone. My heart said yes, but my mind said no.

How would I, Christine Marie Osborne. Be with a guy like Lucas? he's popular, handsome, has a good sense of humor, and could have any super model he wanted...why in the world would he want to be with me? why me?

"I ... uh, I-"

I got interrupted by a sudden grab, I was starting to get dragged away from Lucas while he had a confused look on his face. Who in the world was pushing me away.

"John, Luke...What are you guys doing" I said as I heard both boys giggle.

John finally stopped grabbing me by the arm and turned to face me, we where in the back of the ball room. Not many people where here . . . actually, no one was here at all.

   "Well we got you a present." Luke said with a smirk.

My eyebrows furrowed. "A present? um thank you?"

I was a bit surprised at the boy's gesture, I mean they could be pains in the ass. But why would they want to give me a present. "There better not be a cake exploding when I open the box" I warned as I started unwrapping the box. It was about a 10 inch square box, with princess wrapping paper.

"Oh trust me, there wont be a cake explosion." they smiled

I eyed them for a minute, and then opened the box.

 "AHHHH !" I yelled as I fell down to the floor. Luckily for me..no one heard me.

"TARANTULA!" I yelled to the boys in a soft whisper. "Why in the world would you guys do that?"

They laughed. " I don't know, just to see your reaction." they smirked.

I stood up and looked inside the box. Holy macaroni, holy scrambled egg, holy potato sack, holy chicken soup, holy pizza box, holy tomato sauce, the tarantula...the tarantula, the damn spider who almost killed me was missing.

We suddenly heard a loud scream...HOLY COW IT WAS AUNT BRITTANY'S SCREAM. She is scared, no scratch that. TERRIFIED OF SPIDERS. The three of us went to the dance floor where we heard the loud scream. "Is everyone okay?" I asked worriedly.

"Ye-yes, I just saw a...SPIDER!!!" some girl screamed pointing at the tarantula in Aunt Brittany's head.

"Tarantula" John corrected.

Then the lights shut out and the Dj spoke. "Okay guys! time to BRING OUT THE CAKE !"

"AHH GET THIS THING OFF MY HEAD, AHH !!" Aunt Brittany screamed, as soon as you know it, she was touching her hair in a wild way trying to shake of the tarantula. That's when I saw that it flew onto the cake. Onto my cake.

The chef who was bringing out the cake got freaked out and ended up falling to the floor as the cake who had MY NAME on it flew onto the air. How nice.

" NOOO ! " I yelled in slow motion as the cake fell onto some old woman.

Everyone got quiet. "Where's the spider. . ." the Dj spoke.

I narrowed my eyes. " I-I don't know."

There was a tense sensation, that's when we heard another scream. From Julie.