Catfish » jdb

By writtenbykara

[cat·fish] verb/ˈkatˌfiSH/ *informal* • lure (someone) into a relationship by means of a fictional online per... More

prologue » catfish
one » extended edition
II » two
III » three
IV » four
V » five
VI » six
VII » seven
VIII » eight
IX » nine
X » ten
XI » eleven
XII » tweleve
XIII » thirteen
XIV » fourteen
XV » fifteen
XVI » sixteen
XVII » seventeen
XVIII » eighteen
XIX » nineteen
XX » twenty
XXI » twenty-one
XXII » twenty-two
XXIII » twenty-three
XXIV » twenty-four
XXV » twenty-five
XXVI » twenty-six
XXVII » twenty-seven
XXVIII » twenty-eight
XXIX » twenty-nine
XXX » thirty
XXXI » thirty-one
XXXII » thirty-two
XXXIII » thirty-three
XXXIV » thirty-four
XXXV » thirty-five
XXXVI » thirty-six
Q & A
Update!!!!

XXXVII » thirty-seven

2.3K 112 117
By writtenbykara

"Why are we here Justin?  I mean just last month you were screaming your lungs out at me. Don't get me wrong, I deserved it, so I'm not blaming you, but why are we here? And just the two of us," I questioned, twirling my straw in my glass of water.

"Because, I've been having horrible regrets with the way I ended things. The way I reacted. I personally want to thank you. If you and my dad never got together, there'd have been a  high chance of  my mom divorcing him. I know you would think she would have done it after she found out he cheated, but she told me that it was a relief that it got out because she was having an affair. Not with a seventeen year old, but it was happening. She said it had been a long time since dad ever made her feel special and after realizing they both weren't committed, they sat down with each other and talked things over and now they are one hundred percent honest with each other. This last month was better than I had expected it to be. I owe it all to you," he spoke.

I stared at him for a second, searching for the right things to say but nothing was coming to mind. Thank god the waiter came to take our orders.

"Hello, are you two all set? Ready to order?"

"Uh, yeah man. I'll just have the spaghetti bolognese and a piece of garlic bread to go with it," he spoke, looking up from his menu to put his focus on me.

"And for the lady?" The waiter spoke. I looked up at him and smiled.

"I'll just have your Mexican taco. That's all."

The waiter smiled at me and wrote it down on his pad of paper.

"The Mexican taco is one of the best things on the menu. I'm more than positive you will love it," he spoke before taking our menus and walking away.

"So, anyways. I just want you to know that you actually helped mend our family together."

"I don't know what to say. I mean I can't say you're welcome for cheating with your father and I can't say it's no big deal. So I don't really know what you want me to say," I replied, taking a sip of my water.

Justin didn't say anything, he just looked at me as a small smile spread across his mouth.

"What?" I questioned awkwardly, shifting uncomfortable in the booth.

"Do you remember that time you and I hung out? We went to go feed the geese and we went to the park? I had said something to you so you tried pushing me into the water, but failed, so I pushed you and we both fell in?" He smiled.

"Yeah, when we both totally forgot we had our phones in our pockets? My phone literally was acting up for a week after that," I giggled.

"Yeah, I had the biggest crush on you back then. Well I had a big crush on "Cammie" too at that time. I just wish I could go back. Rewind the exact moment where I said the wrong thing, and maybe you'd be mine. Maybe I wouldn't have got so upset at you with the whole father situation. Maybe things would be different, a lot different."

"Justin, what are you saying or trying to say? I don't really understand."

"I'm saying that even after all of the shit you've putt me through, I'm still madly and completely in love with you and I don't think I'll ever stop. I dated Kim because she was interested in me. I figured if I date someone else and get close to someone else, you'd be out of my mind for good but it didn't work that way. If anything, it made it a whole lot worse. I began comparing Kim to you. Mentally making note of how different you two were and how much I wanted her to be like you. She never compared and after seeing you at the mall the other day, you looked so good, like there was a glow to you. You looked better than anytime I could remember and I just wanted to hug you. To tell you we could work everything out," he said.

My mouth had been glued shut. I didn't know what to say, how to say it, when to say it. I was confused. My body began to tense up and sweat poured from my skin.

"Will you excuse me while I go to the ladies room to freshen up?" I questioned, getting up before he had said anything in return.

"You don't look so well. I could get all of our food to go and take you home of you'd like."

I wanted so badly to agree to it, but my mouth shot out a totally different response.

"No, I'll be fine. I just have to run to the ladies room."

As I walked away from the table, I could feel myself quickly becoming light headed, so I tried grabbing ahold of anything that was close to me but I couldn't grab anything to hold on to so I quickly lost my balance and fell to the ground. My eyes became heavy and before I knew it, everything went black.

"Hey? How are you doing?" Justin asked as I opened my eyes to take in my surroundings. I was laying in a hospital bed and Justin was siting in the chair beside the bed.

"What happened?" I questioned, rubbing my hand over my forehead.

"Well at dinner you past out." Justin dragged on, rubbing his hand over his forehead.

"And?"

"Well, things happened. I just don't want you to freak out okay?"

I sat up on the bed and looked around the room.

"What things happened Justin? Where are my grandparents?"

"Aria I need you to take a breath. Your grandparents are here. They're in the maternity room. They came by but they thought they'd go there until you woke up," Justin spoke motioning me to lay back.

"Maternity? But that mean pregnancy? Why would they be there? Justin I'm not understanding what you're talking about."

"Aria, you had a baby. At dinner when you passed out, your water broke."

"Haha. A baby? Funny. Now tell me when I can leave," I spoke.

"No I'm serious. The doctor said you were full term."

"If I was pregnant, I would know. My stomach would be big and swollen. I'd be throwing up and cranky and moody and all of those things. You need to stop messing around and tell me the real reason I'm in here," I spoke, giving him a serious look.

"Some women can go a full nine months without even knowing or realizing it. You just so happen to be one of those women," Justin shrugged.

"If that is true, why are you here? I mean I'm sure you know what the out come will be. If I did have a baby. You do know who the dad would be. Right?"

Just before he could respond, the door swung open and Grams and Gramps were wheeling something in the room with a nurse behind them both.

"You're finally awake. I was wondering when you'd be up. We've been here with the baby for maybe an hour or two. She looks so much like you Aria," Grams spoke with a smile plastered on her face.

"See," I heard Justin whisper.

"Okay, why are you guys playing around. This isn't funny anymore."

"Playing around? Aria what are you talking about? No one is playing around. Why would someone joke around like this? This is your baby girl," Grams spoke, wheeling the crib to the bed. "We don't have a name for her yet because we knew you'd like to make that choice," she smiled.

My mouth hung in shock as the baby began moving in the crib.

"This is? She's mine? This is my baby?" I questioned, covering my hand over my mouth as tears fell from my eyes.

"This is your baby." Grams finalized with a smile.

[I just want to say sorry for taking so long to update. But I finally did. Sorry for any mistakes and things like that. I'm sad to say this is the last chapter, but thank you guys for reading. And maybe later when I go back to edit, I'll add more to the story, so keep an eye out. Love you guys, bye. :)]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

699K 15.6K 44
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
Bully By Lacilynn

Teen Fiction

4.6K 94 11
The new girl Alexia gets bullied by the most popular girls in school. Will Alexia be an outcast? Or will she stand up for everyone who was ever bull...
93.5K 1.7K 17
Meet Emmy Sherman, a quiet and overachiever bent on always keeping the rules. Now, meet Shawn Davis, a trouble maker and adrenaline junkie who plays...
2.8M 148K 43
Lady Victoria Ashdown will do anything to protect her inheritance and defeat her conniving stepmother, even if it means competing against the young...