Escape | Levi x Ghoul!reader...

By unjustifiedwriter

Sorrow will not forever remain as a negativity that people wish to escape from. Once in a while, it may be th... More

a/n
details
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
1 year anniversary a/n
33
34
35
36
37
38
a/n
a/n
39
40
41
a/n
final a/n?
new account ♡

1

29.9K 704 983
By unjustifiedwriter

i very much appreciate the fact that you took the time to read this attack on titan levi x reader fic

ps i'll be adding a bunch of levi pics in each chapter so yay. also before we begin, keep in mind that im an amateur that simply seeks improvement so dont expect much from me, and english is my second language, hence failure at grammar and vocabulary abuse is profound

//EDIT: re-editing few first chapters due to the changes in my writing technique because my early style makes me cringe.

//RE-EDIT (IMPORTANT!): forgot to inform yall that [f/n] is oblivious to the fact that she is a ghoul. other than that, in this fic, ghouls are capable of drinking tea  instead of coffee, and later on there will be other things to pop up that may or may not be what a ghoul should or should not be capable of doing, and i will input a few tokyo ghoul characters that might also be portrayed as ooc from how they originally act, which is of course my fault. it might appear to be strange and a completely unrealistic approach towards the actual details of ghouls, but let's face it, this is my work of fiction, therefore i am qualified and have the rights to alter anything as i wish. as long as you're okay with that, then please continue reading from here. hope you don't mind this huge ass paragraph that blocked your way. while you're at it, please do vote or leave a comment. not that im expecting that this entire fic is good enough or even deserves it, but you are entitled to your own opinion after all, and so am i. therefore please withhold entire judgement as of now until you reach the end of this chapter (or the book for that matter).

//RE-RE-EDIT: okay this is just getting ridiculously long for an opening author's note. anyhow, what you'll be reading is my old works that i have given up on editing, so you'll know why it's so trashy.

---

You

I was soaring through the air, just like a bird. Thanks to the 3DMG that I have managed to get my hands on, every single one of my needs had grown to be easier accomplished. Here in the town, I was infamously known as a rascal that was always causing chaos and havoc wherever I went, my reputation didn't bother me much though.

I landed on a rooftop, sneering at the crowd of furious citizens bellow, feeling contempt as ever.

"You good for nothing little pest!" One of them yelled.

"Ah, me?" I smirked.

"Give us back the things you stole!!"

Muting out the sounds of the angry mob, I turned my head, letting out a dry chuckle, "Look who decided to show up."

It was once again, the Military Police. No surprise there. They have tried to stop my crimes countless of times before, but of course the inexperienced soldiers were no match for someone as skilled as myself.

"When will you ever learn?" I said before maneuvering my wires towards another rooftop and taking off.

"Well, see ya around, fellas!"

In just a small portion of time, I was already far ahead.

"As expected." I said to myself, with a smug smile spread wide across my face. However, the excessive pride that I was embracing didn't get to last for too long.

A blonde girl whom had stoic and emotionless features appeared right in front of me. Fortunately, I was able to instinctively make a quick switch of directions, and fired my gear to the side.

I looked back only to find the distance between me and the peculiar girl growing thinner.

Who the hell was that?

I was surprised, to say the least. Dumbfounded even, dare I say. This girl's skills were definetely more than exceptional, and to think that she was a member of the MPs.

I kept dodging the various obstacles that were in the way, one after another. As I did so, I was briskly trying to figure out what to do. Of course, I did not have any expectations for something like this to take place, but despite that, I found my situation to be challenging, and agreed that I needed some more fun in life, rather than the old and boring routine-

Commit crime; get in trouble; succeed at escaping from the grasp of the MPs; repeat.

I was that deep in my own thoughts, that I didn't realise the weight on my back, pushing me down.

It appears that the rookie was better than I thought.

I turned around quickly enough, and a grin was displayed on my face. "Not so fast, blondie!"

I doubt she had time to react before I pushed her against a wall, leaving an awful crack on the building, and a few bruises for her to keep.

I immediately backed away from her, and landed on the opposite construction. I grasped my two swords tightly, and pulled them out of their cases, ready to lunge back at her.

Contradicting towards my previous plans, the said girl flies towards me in advance.

"Go, Annie! You can get her!" A female was cheering for the blonde before myself- a friend, I suppose. She had large amber eyes and chin length wavy light brown hair.

Annie, huh?

This got her attention, giving me a chance to kick her stomach, making her nearly fall.

"Whoops," I childishly commented.

She cautiously regained her balance.

At the corner of my eye, I took note of the other pesky Military Police recruits catching up.

"It's really been a pleasure, Annie," I said. "But I have some other business to attend to."

I waved goodbye with a mocking big smile, before I shot my gear for the several time, and took off again.

I was rapidly swinging from building to building, feeling confident with my speed and acceleration. I took a quick glance behind, to be on the safe side. Thankfully, no idiots. The information only added up to my glory.

However, I was completely baffled when my wire had slipped and lead to my downfall. I hit my head against the ground harder than I had expected.

I tried to get up, but my vision seemed to be blurry, and all my hearing senses could pick up were distinctive muffled sounds.

Slowly, I had managed to adjust towards my surroundings. I noticed Annie standing before me, her attention elsewhere.

"Oi, Cadet. Get out of the way. Can't you see we're in the middle of launching an Expedition?" A hoarse voice was heard. "Tch, state your name and business, brat."

"Annie Leonhardt. I'm from the Military Police, sir," She saluted, "We've been ordered to capture this thief. She's been causing quite the commotion."

I finally got myself up, though my head still hurt, and I felt excessively dizzy.

Without thinking twice, I attacked Annie by grabbing her neck, attempting to choke her. I had not even realised the nearing presence of a pissed tiny Corporal.

"Levi," The Commander said, not earning a response. The short man then pulled out one of his swords, and shoved it between me and the girl.

"Back off. I'll handle it from here." He ordered, to which Annie half-heartedly obeyed, as she stepped away with her arms crossed defiantly on her chest.

Now the sword was directed to me, the tip slightly grazing my neck, and forcing my chin up, in order for our eyes to make contact.

"Pathetic."

I glared at him, most certainly displeased with the treatment.

I kicked away his sword, and punched him square in the face. A few gasps emitted from the other soldiers of the Survey Corps.

The man wiped his face, disgust plastered onto his features.

I quickly grabbed his arm, and slammed his tiny body against the dirt we stood on.

The others whom were watching the little show were utterly stunned. The Commander himself was impressed. He got off his horse, and rushed over to me, pulling out a pair of handcuffs.

"You will be kept in prison as for now. Once the Survey Corps return from the Expedition outside the Walls, it shall be decided on what to do with you." He said in a stern tone.

He glanced at Annie, "She is your responsibility for the time's being."

The girl nodded to her orders, and pulled me away from the soldiers.

For once, things didn't turn out as I interpreted them to be.

I watched the gigantic gates being lifted, and the Survey Corps galloping on their horses towards the outside world. Although, I couldn't help but have my eyes land on a woman that had her brown hair messily tied into a high tail above her head. She had an insane look in her eyes that appeared to glisten for a brief moment as she eyed me. Oddly, I felt shivers run down my spine.
The next day, I was finally released from the coldness of an empty room behind solid metal bars. I was escorted to the Survey Corps' Headquarters on a carriage.

Truth be told, I wasn't quite able to capture the intended meaning of them wanting me to be in the presence of the almighty Survey Corps.

Once I had arrived, I was brought to the Commander's Office. Much to my disliking, the raven-haired man was there too, leaning against the wall with his hands crossed, obviously uninterested.

"Sit down," The man with thick eyebrows instructed. I swear I would've snorted at this strange feature of his if the situation wasn't as intense.

I obediently did as I was told, and took a seat on the wooden chair that stood before his table.

"What is your name?" Was his first question.

"That's easy enough." I said. "[f/n]. [f/n] [l/n]."

Moving on to the next one, he lifted up the familiar gear that was placed on the table.

"This is yours?" He asked. I fell silent, unaware of the glaring eyes from a specific dumbass.

"Where did you get this?" He asked again. I refused to cooperate with these specific inquiries.

The Commander sighed, "I've received reports whereas it was stated that your 3D Maneuver skills are highly excellent. I'd like to see you perform myself. The Survey Corps needs as many talented people as we can get."

"Hold on, what if I'm not interested in signing myself up for a suicidal mission outside the Walls? Hmm?"

"Your crimes shall not be taken lightly, and you won't be treated well for the rest of your days, either."

"Seems like I don't have a say in this."

He picked up a neatly folded uniform that was resting beside the gear, and handed it over to me.

"You are assigned to Captain Levi's Special Operation Squad. Now remember, that is a rather high position compared to the other Cadets'." He said.

"Alright, cool."

"Get along with your Captain. He'll show you to your room." He said, letting Levi take the lead from there.

*Tiny Time Skip*

I walked through the Main Hall beside the Captain, a fair amount of distance between us.

Passing the others on the way, some had smiled at me, making me have to hold back from cringing. While some didn't seem to be intrigued at all by my arrival.

The Captain came to a halt, and I lightly bumped into him. I backed away briskly, and remained silent.

"Idiot." He said. I rolled my eyes at his shitty behaviour.

I inspected as he pulled out some keys from his pocket, and opened a door. I entered the room that was to be called mine.

"Now that you're settled, you need to introduce yourself to the other brats."

"Um, sure." I shrugged, and followed him outside.

*Another Tiny Time Skip*

I stood in the middle, between the men that I have come to acknowledge as Commander Erwin, and Captain Levi.

Before me stood Squad Leaders, and Cadets. Each doing a salute, of course.

"From now on, this new member of the Survey Corps is going to be fighting alongside us in our future Expeditions outside the Walls." Erwin said.

"Introduce yourself." He told me.

My eyes had ran over everyone, scanning over their faces, and trying to figure what exactly they were assembling in their mind.

I blinked after Levi had clicked his tongue, which was probably a signal for me to quit wasting time.

"It's [f/n] [l/n]." I blankly said. I easily understood that some had already started to grow a disliking for my lack of respect, and one of them was a really short man whom was standing to my right.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.1K 4.1K 28
Between life and death, there is hope. But every ending has the same outcome: the Rumbling razes the earth, taking the person you love with it. Afte...
36.5K 1K 43
You are a strong young woman, Y/N Hanzer, who escaped from the Underground City with your best friend, Greg Schneider. But one day, Commander Erwin S...
652K 18.5K 55
So it was just a normal day for (Y/N), until she made a wish at a old wishing well and later the cast of AOT appear in her room! What happens when th...
47.9K 1.2K 40
what matters most to the people around you? how about.. what matters most to you? you love, but in the end, you lose. #1 on #levixreader (06/01/2023)